5.8

1. Mar 28, 2013
    This game has so many issues. For one, as per EVERY Worms game, the AI is completely sluggish, taking at least 15 seconds standing still on every turn before moving. It takes way to long to play a game against the computer. Another MAJOR annoyance is that this game has a habit of deleting your save game data. They have addressed the issue with a patch that unlocks all the maps but you are still without your save game data. I was almost through the game, even bought extra DLC packs, unfortunately my save game is missing and so I will probably never play this slow, choppy graphics piece of garbage ever again. Team 17 really dropped the ball on this game. I think I am completely done with the franchise. Expand
  2. Jul 16, 2013
    well this is worms that we all know and love and/or hate. Revolution is yet another release in what is becoming a series that seems to churn out 2 or more games a year for no reason at all other than milking a cow. this is an average to bad game. cons: 1. the AI is as dumb as its ever been. its chock loaded full of crack shot aiming ability able to make any impossible shot using the 10 or fewer weapons it knows how to use. i think the only new weapon the AI knows how to use is the blow torch but it sucks at doing that.
    2. the narrator in campaign....is just bad. he tries way too hard. the only narrating this series has done successfully is the Me-Me voice over in worms 4 mayhem.
    3. campaign mode.....is bad because of the aforementioned reasons of AI and narrator. it doesnt help you are always outnumbered by the AIs uncanny ability to hit impossible shots is amazing.
    4. the wind meter indicator appears to have been dumbed down. it used in past games be a MPH meter but now its a 0-3 bars. i guess MPH was too complicated for casuals?
    5. cant have more than 1 team
    6. instead of a few hundred soundbanks like past games i think there were 20 maybe 30
    7. customization of worm clothing remains inferior to worms 4 mayhem.
    8. frame rate and lag....holy hell. its a shame team 17 has only produced one frame rate less game in the worms series in the past 12 years....that being worms armageddon.
    9. the music is a horrible step backwards. songs are literally 5 second midi loops.
    10. several weapons have gotten worse. the homing missile just does not work now. the rope cannot seem to even equal the rope in armageddon.
    11. the AI again....will take awhile to do a move....to sometimes only end up skipping its turn yet the AI will sit there for 30 seconds only to skip its turn. other times it just gets stuck. this is what happens when you use the same AI algorithm since worms 1 in the 90s. literally the AI hasnt changed except its now more glitchy and perhaps worse. i think they gave it better crackshot ability which isnt an improvement is cheesy difficulty
    12. too much more to list. though i will add the game has savedata issues and crashed in the first 10 minutes cause the narrator got stuck on a loop.

pros:
    its worms
    its not expensive.

1. Nov 25, 2012
    The extra strategy is something we never thought we'd need, but now that we have it, we love it! [Christmas 2012, p.87]
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    While I always swore by Worms Armageddon, Worms Revolution, while it may be an iteration, feels like a whole new game and the best game in the franchise.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    Worms Revolution may not be a single player game, it may not be the best looking downloadable game on Xbox 360 or PS3, But the downright fun that can be had playing multiplayer more than makes up for any short comings in those departments. Plain and simple, if you are a Worms fan you will enjoy Worms Revolution.