WWE '12 Xbox 360

6.4

1. Nov 27, 2013
    This game, WWE '12, was a good step forward, but it took a small one. The campaign had a good intent, but it did not go far in depth, and was somewhat monotonous. Road to WrestleMania in WWE '12 went smooth, which was uninteresting. Instead, the developers should have branched out and created alternate storylines based on the player's decisions, and not predetermined outcomes. However, IThis game, WWE '12, was a good step forward, but it took a small one. The campaign had a good intent, but it did not go far in depth, and was somewhat monotonous. Road to WrestleMania in WWE '12 went smooth, which was uninteresting. Instead, the developers should have branched out and created alternate storylines based on the player's decisions, and not predetermined outcomes. However, I have to praise the direction the story took, with a fictional, but legendary ending.

It is worth pointing out that I have had difficulty using the User Playlist feature for my custom Superstar, which was disappointing, because I love "It's Time" by Imagine Dragons. I do not know whether it was the consoles fault or the developers, but it was disappointing. As a result, I cannot include this with my overall rating of this game. Even with a bland campaign, I have to say that the developers had done a good job.
  2. May 17, 2012
    A nice step in the right direction for THQ but needs a lot of work. The biggest thing that needs work is the Road to Wrestlemania mode. It was awful in this game. It forces you to do stupid things and is so linear. I didn't even finish it because I was bored out of my mind. Other fixes that need to be made include the online servers which are broken beyond repair, clipping, glitches andA nice step in the right direction for THQ but needs a lot of work. The biggest thing that needs work is the Road to Wrestlemania mode. It was awful in this game. It forces you to do stupid things and is so linear. I didn't even finish it because I was bored out of my mind. Other fixes that need to be made include the online servers which are broken beyond repair, clipping, glitches and some minor details such as entrance gear and character movements. I did enjoy this game more than any other recent WWE game in memory but it still needs a lot of work and hopefully 13 is better. Expand
  3. Jun 25, 2012
    Probably the best wrestling game on the current gen, that said, it has it's ups and downs, and you really want to just hit THQ with the chair instead.. but until we see how '13 holds up, this will have to do.
  4. Dec 3, 2011
    Let me sum this up with slick package but absolute garbage game.It bothers me too because I love THQ as a company and they have made some of my favorite games of all time.This game is a complete mess,trying to copy the game play mechanics and story that 2K brought to there basketball franchise.This doesn't work,it could work but there has to be a lot more effort into making a brilliantLet me sum this up with slick package but absolute garbage game.It bothers me too because I love THQ as a company and they have made some of my favorite games of all time.This game is a complete mess,trying to copy the game play mechanics and story that 2K brought to there basketball franchise.This doesn't work,it could work but there has to be a lot more effort into making a brilliant game with a cover star such as Michael Jordan How you incorporate the whole ideal as 2K did with 2k11.Maybe next year they could put a "Goldberg return",change the game play mechanics, and listen to the constructive critisism and that could and would be a triumphic return with the WWE franchise! Expand
  5. Dec 10, 2011
    So. 2 years on after I played my previous WWE game, and I was excited about the release of WWE12. But in the end, I felt disappointed.

The first criticism is about the Hell in a Cell match. In the 2010 version you can bash the door open, climb on top and blast someone through the roof of the cell. (Reminds me of Lemmings!) WWE 12 has none of this and all the cell does is to block the camera's path. The other problems I've criticised are the poor controls, the AI (which is too easy), crowd reaction (which is a lot worse than the 2010 version, as they now boo for no apparent reason rather than when someone does a dirty move) and the creation options, especially if you want to place a word into an arena in the create an arena mode. The process is too tedious for an impatient person like me.

So in total that's 5 problems I've criticised, but there are a few good bits and pieces to keep you going, like the attributes, the large number of superstars and the effective match creator. But there's not much else that have improved. For those who would like to buy it for Christmas, think carefully first.
  6. Apr 28, 2013
    The roster here is great, even if there are a few names like Chris Jericho absent from the game (for now, at least). But the Predator technology used to revamp the gameplay is the selling point, as it makes matches so much better than the SvR series. Fans of the n64's No Mercy should enjoy WWE '12. The only downside is the story mode is kinda "meh," but other than that, I have noThe roster here is great, even if there are a few names like Chris Jericho absent from the game (for now, at least). But the Predator technology used to revamp the gameplay is the selling point, as it makes matches so much better than the SvR series. Fans of the n64's No Mercy should enjoy WWE '12. The only downside is the story mode is kinda "meh," but other than that, I have no complaints. Well...besides Randy Orton being on the cover (he's boring). Expand
  7. Dec 29, 2012
    The bugs hamper any enjoyable experience that can be had here. Online features are completely broken, bad character models are present and universe mode is lacking.
  8. Apr 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well when they 's a new Smack down Vs Raw game they will be stuff the same only the character's they are more updated than the other games.

On top it's a fast place game when you knock someone down they get back up really fast.

I dislike this game because hitting the shoulder buttons to counter I press them but the player don't counter any moves.

I hate Road to Wrestle mania because they put you in handicap match's 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1 most of the time and when you fight outside the area and you need to knock someone out well that's a nightmare too as you need to beat up 3 or more guys up to win, a waste of time.
    I did ALL the story yes and now I hardly play it now.

Bring back SVR games they were much better then this rubbish game!

1. Feb 14, 2013
    WWE 13 might not have any real competition when it comes to wrestling video games, but nevertheless it’s a great wrestling game and any fan should have this in their collection. The Attitude Era game mode was so nostalgic I smile thinking about it. Reliving those moments is worth it alone.
  2. Feb 15, 2012
    WWE '12 takes the plunge and ditches the Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 moniker, mixing things up and slamming down the franchise for the three count. The overhauled system is a positive first step towards advancing the series, and the customisation is still second to none. So, pop on some tight pants. It's time for some wrassling.
  3. Jan 11, 2012
    Developer Yuke's celebrates the phrase "Going through the motions" with this loveless and utterly uninspired effort. Last-gen style graphics and a mind-numbingly tedious campaign beckons one serious question: Why?