4.1

1. Feb 24, 2014
    Onslaught is what you can typically expect from a Call of Duty map pack. Three new maps with a 'reimagined' COD favourite, a new Extinction map and two (TWO YOU SAY!) new guns. 'Bayview' is a nice little addition and is particularly fun when playing Search & Rescue. Here the mobile tram acts as a fantastic mode of mobile cover where the bomb carrier can hide and easily get behind any unsuspecting enemies.

'Containment' is a scenario we have seen countless times in COD. The map is split into two sections with a bridge and two, less discrete, paths of getting to the other end of the map. The special feature of the map only really comes into play when you get a mortar strike in a field order care package and even then this fairly uneventful.

'Ignition' is a reimagining of 'Scrapyard' from MW2 with a new paint job and some interactivity in the form of some falling debris.

'Fog' is by far the best map of the bunch and the one that pushes this score from a 6 to a 7. The map is great for most game modes and the special 'Mike Myers' field order reward is by far the best idea that I have seen in a Call of Duty game in a long time. The sheer excitement and terror when someone on the enemy team gets this makes you forget all the misgivings about COD's repetitive gameplay.

At the time of the review I have only played the new Extinction map, 'Nightfall', once but it appears to be much the same as 'Point of Contact'. The same sequence of events occurs with you and your team mates drilling through a number of hives before attacking a 'barrier' that opens up the next section of the map. This time however the barrier is slightly different, but I will let you experience that for yourselves ;)
  2. Mar 1, 2014
    onslaught aint the best cod dlc but it aint the worst
    this dlc got me off the seris a little bit because of its very little of usage of time through a three month periord were we could of got a bigger extinction expireance and a better larger map scale.
    plus it wasnt the best time to come out especilly with titanfall just around the corner
  3. Mar 15, 2014
    Now, let me preface this review by saying that I am a Call of Duty fanboy, but, for me at least, Ghosts feels like a massive step down from Treyarch's fantastic addition to the franchise; Black Ops II.

Moving on to Onslaught, this map pack comes with three new MP maps, a remake, 2 new MP weapons, and another addition to the Extinction saga. Let's start with MP. For me, the on disc maps
    in Ghosts are among the worst in COD history. They're just too big for the tiny player cap. These DLC maps seek to fix this. The maps are small to medium sized and actually play surprisingly well. They're fast, frenetic, and actually fun, with the campy horror film inspired map, Fog, being among one of my favorites in all of COD DLC. The only blemish is the map Containment which feels like a map that was supposed to originally ship with the game. It's slow, there's too many spots to camp, and is just kinda boring to play. The new weapons; The Maverick and The Maverick A2, are lackluster. A slow and clunky assault rifle, and an unbalanced sniper variant make for a disappointing weapon DLC.

Now we move on to the shining light in an overall average pack... Nightfall. Nightfall is a massive improvement over Point of Contact. However, newer players beware! This map is incredibly difficult compared to its rather tame predecessor, and actually took me quite some time to master. The story of Nightfall is actually really solid and is surprisingly well fleshed out through the collectible intel scattered around the map. These intel logs feature something that the main campaign mode lacked... capable voice actors and characters with some motivation and reason. The new boss cryptid; the breeder, is sadly, very under utilized. It's nothing more than a very generic boss fight that borders on unfair at times. Despite this, the ending cutscene of the map is very interesting, and really makes me excited to see where the story will go in "Mayday".

Overall, Onslaught is an average DLC, but the new Extinction experience really is something special. Fans of Ghosts will be left feeling like they got their moneys worth, but those who weren't a fan of Ghosts should probably steer clear.
  4. Feb 3, 2014
    You can play as Michael Myers... plus 4, new extinction map... plus 2... The actual multiplayer maps garner 0 of my review score. This is a mediocre expansion for a mediocre game...
  5. Apr 12, 2014
    Little value,The 4 maps have no flow,just utter chaos,the ripper is by my means Op,having a AR and a SMG at the same time.I also dislike them bringing a iconic character like the predator and putting it into a game that in no way deserves it

It's one of the brighter spots in this somewhat patchy DLC set, but serious online players needn't shrug off a welcome injection of variety. [April 2014, p.73]
  2. Feb 24, 2014
    Onslaught is a decent package with some nice maps – 'Bayview' being a new personal favorite – and a good start when it comes to the badly needed fresh content for the games' 'Extinction' mode.
  3. Feb 7, 2014
    With four new maps, a couple of weapons and an extra episode for the Extinction mode, the classic DLC formula of Onslaught is too expensive for what it offers, while the horror cameo by Michael Myers feels a bit cheap and tacky. Zombies, aliens and now serial killers: what’s next, CoD?