6.6

1. Nov 24, 2013
    Killing zombies is fun, as always.
    + There are A LOT of different weapons.

- DR3 doesn't feel next-gen, because graphics don't look cool and the game runs at 30fps.
    - Frame rate drops (the game went down to 14fps once)
    - After a few hours you will get bored, killing zombies randomly without a reason is not fun
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Honestly if this was the only thing I played on X1...I would be listing my new console on eBay right now. The graphics are completely BAD, the other commenter mentioning it was a port from 360 hit it right on the head! The other issue is I was hoping to do local co op with my friend last night, nope.This game is painful to play, the framerate is sad..(how could it do local co op when one screen is too much for it, let alone another player)and it makes me sad because I was so looking forward to playing this! Expand
  3. Dec 27, 2013
    It's fun killing zombies and running them over with various vehicles. The story mode is not very well thought out though. Some of the encounters in the game are just strange, this is a very silly game with not much realistic feeling to it. For example. You can catch bugs and crush them so the heads of the zombies close to you explode. For me that just puts me off a little. Another downfall is while you can make some pretty sweet weapons they don't hold up for long and break easy. A good note though is the graphics, for one of the first games on the shelf the graphics are pretty good. So if you like strange silly games this is the game for you. Expand
  4. Dec 22, 2013
    I have to be honest here, Dead Rising 3 suck big time.
    Now before you start accusing me of being a PS4 fanboy and that I'm jealous, I'm not ok. I own a Xbox One and one of the games I got for it was DR3, and holy do I wish I saved myself $60.
    I've only gotten through 3 chapters before I popped the disk out of the tray for good.
    It's boring for one. Not once did I feel for any of the
    characters I was interacting with.
    Navigating through the world is a chore, it feels loose and unrefined.
    The map is terrible, can't set waypoint (if there is they didn't make it easy to figure out how), you can't tell where you are, they didn't make it easy to set up what your priority mission is, and the menu is a to navigate though.
    The weapon selection and how you manage your weapons is crap to. If you inventory is full, you have to drop what your holding to pick up a health item. So if you're low on health and you've got a hoard of zombies right behind you, good luck with the controls long enough to grab that health without getting swiped at by a zombie. The character has two hands and can only use one of them? bull****.
    All the weapons feel slow and break too easily (I know you can upgrade the health of the weapon but you if you think I'll play through this ****fest long enough to get that). Aiming with a gun is loose and slippery and flies all over the screen, making it hard to do precise aiming.
    And the boss battles, OMG the bikers were so unrelenting they wouldn't let me catch a break to find health or change a weapon because they wouldn't stop throwing malitaves at me. And the main boss, that guy, your character is too slow, and he's too fast. I had to trick the AI into slamming into a pillar for me to get at him. I had to cheat to beat a boss, that should NOT be the case in a game just to get past it. The side missions are garbage, they just tell you to find a collection of items and don't tell you where they are, nice.
    In this collective pile of there was not a single moment where I had fun or had a smile on my face. I remember playing the first one years ago and was immediately turned off at the fact that I was being rushed by a timer. your timer, I'll go at the pace that want. So after skipping the sequel, I heard that DR3 wasn't going to have a timer. That peaked my interest and got me to get the game. While they got rid of the timer, the rest of the game was complete garbage.
    **** this game, I'd have more fun watching a fat guy jump up and down for an hour having his fat rolls fly everywhere.
    One of the worst games on the Xbox One, PS4 fans, your not missing a thing.
  5. Nov 27, 2013
    Game is graphically very good, but as an occasional game player, the game is extremely frustrating with the difficulty of the duels and the constant requirement to go back to a checkpoint with the need to watch the whole movie sequence. Good game design should allow you the option to skip. Not enough time in the day to waste watching the same sequence over and over.
  6. Aug 9, 2014
    This is just a pretty bad game in a lot of ways, I'd avoid it. The graphics are awful for a supposedly next gen game, there's nothing the 360 couldn't do really, everyone says it's the number of zombies on screen that makes this next gen but to be honest, Dead Rising 1 had plenty and that was a much tighter game control wise too, and it was better aesthetically in my opinion.

There's a
    plane featured at the very beginning of the game, and it looks like it came straight out a PS2 game, the controls are wonky and all over the place on the controller and the story is non-existent.

The Super turbo blah blah is slightly better but if you have to play this, don't buy, borrow.
  7. Jun 23, 2014
    Starting with the good, the thousands of zombies is cool, and the home made weapons are fun. That said, the story line is really annoying, and the boss fights are pathetic, out of place, and ruin the feel of a zombie apocalypse. Also,This absolutely is not an open world game!!! It is as linear as a game can be. A true disappointment

1. Jul 2, 2014
    Get ready for a new generation of zombie-slaying thrills where there's only minimal gameplay to get in the way of the thrills!
  2. May 11, 2014
    Out of all the Xbox One launch titles Dead Rising 3 is definitely the most entertaining. There's no denying that mowing down crowded streets full of zombies isn't a guilty pleasure. What Dead Rising 3 lacks, though, is next generation visuals. The game could easily pass as a fancy looking Xbox 360 title. [Feb 2014]
  3. Mar 5, 2014
    The variety of weapons is once again Dead Rising’s biggest strength, but despite it being a sandbox game it quickly reveals all its secrets and becomes tedious. [03/2014, p.60]