6.7

1. Nov 22, 2013
    If you played any of its predecessors, then you already know what to expect; lots of zombies, crazy weapons, and a lot of fun. However, just like its predecessors, slaying thousands of zombies get tiresome after a few hours. Furthermore, there is not much replay value outside of co-op, arguably its best feature. Unfortunately, even co-op won't keep you playing for that much longer.If you played any of its predecessors, then you already know what to expect; lots of zombies, crazy weapons, and a lot of fun. However, just like its predecessors, slaying thousands of zombies get tiresome after a few hours. Furthermore, there is not much replay value outside of co-op, arguably its best feature. Unfortunately, even co-op won't keep you playing for that much longer.

In terms of gameplay, its your basic third person action hack 'n slash with a fairly robust crafting/upgrade system. Executions show a lot of detail and are quite entertaining, however you will be experiencing deja vu rather quickly when you consider how many zombies you will be killing. The game also boasts 300+ weapons, but only a handful of "ultimate" fully upgraded weapons exist; its these weapons that you will ultimately be using over and over again. Vehicle crafting is a nice touch, but it fairly limited. Still, running down a large mob with a car will likely bring a bit of joy the first few times you do it.

In terms of performance, the only thing next gen about this game is the shear number of zombies on screen. They did a great job on the number count, the variety of character models, and of course the models of the zombie "innards". Unfortunately, the fact that this game started on Xbox 360 shows, with poor textures and a stumbling 20 fps. In my opinion, Dead Rising 2 had more than enough zombies and they didn't need to sacrifice frame rate for three times the zombie as twice as many zombies would have probably been enough.

In the end, if you like third person action games, love the idea of slaying thousands of zombie in unique ways, then I say give it shot. While it may not represent what next gen is capable of, it kept me entertained through most of the night (about 8 hours before I was bored of it). I'd say that's reasonable as many AAA only last about 8-12 hours these days to begin with (though DR3 could keep you busy longer than that).
  2. Apr 7, 2014
    I purchased Dead Rising with my Day One Xbox One and I have to say it's a good game but man does it get boring quick!

The story and characters and forgettable, the graphics for a powerful console are not good, I know there are loads of Zombies on screen but this is where the biggest problem with DR3 is. To show the power of the Xbox One, the streets are filled with thousands of

To show the power of the Xbox One, the streets are filled with thousands of Zombies, but this means getting from one point to another is a chore. It's great fun at first, mowing Zombies down and getting your kill count up, but it really starts to give you that feeling of " Oh no, not more Zombies". If you want to find out why the story takes a back seat to killing Zombies, take a look at the achievements list.

The original Dead Rising was fun, but DR3 has been destroyed by the notion of quantity over quality.
  3. Dec 24, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is the best Dead Rising yet. It finally gives gamers the open world zombie apocalypse game they've been wanting to play. I came into Dead Rising 3 thinking It was going to be a mediocre experience, but to my surprise I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I was expecting to. This is a game that is a lot more fun to play than to watch someone else play. SmashingDead Rising 3 is the best Dead Rising yet. It finally gives gamers the open world zombie apocalypse game they've been wanting to play. I came into Dead Rising 3 thinking It was going to be a mediocre experience, but to my surprise I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I was expecting to. This is a game that is a lot more fun to play than to watch someone else play. Smashing zombies with the endless amount of weapons never seems to get old in contrast to watching someone else repeatedly bash them. I'm proud to say this is a great Xbox One launch title. In trailers leading up to the game, the graphics looked pretty mediocre and the videos weren't doing them justice, but I have to say playing the game was a totally different experience. They really polished up the graphics before the release of the game. I'm very impressed. The game is a great solid 'next gen' game. The graphics are a big leap in nice crisp resolution and the absence of loading screens in between gameplay segments immerses you into the experience like never before. I'm in continual awe of the amount of detail the game is able to convey on screen at one time. You really feel you are amidst of a real zombie apocalypse. Also, in the trailers, the zombies looked very harmless and not really a threat. But just wait until it turns night time! The cutscenes are also top notch with the characters being very life like and full of emotion. The game like others in the series features tongue in cheek, corny dialogue and characters, but they really nailed it this time. It fits the game perfectly. It helps ease the tension of constantly being surrounded by zombies. Initially the controls feel a bit sluggish, but eventually you get used to them and they aren't game breaking. There is so much in this game, its hard to comment on everything. But most of the things they did right. The only thing that really started to bug me was the constant need of having to check the map to find one little item or blueprint. Overall, I really enjoyed Dead Rising 3. It's one of the most mature brutal games to have ever come out. I hope Microsoft keeps pumping out more mature titles. Expand
  4. Jan 27, 2014
    I started it, it looks nice, but somehow it could not motivate me to play it more than the first hour. Maybe its because I hoped for something more intriguing, especially after playing The Last of Us on PS3, and I know that those to games should no be compared in any way, but Dead Rising did not get me interested.
  5. Sep 4, 2014
    Got this on Day One, was disapointed as soon as it launched, graphics are notihng special, gameplay is boring and repetitive, and doesnt run that smooth, and the most annoying thing is its fun for about 15 minutes.
  6. May 10, 2014
    Its a marginal game.

Graphics: Decent graphics with occasionally inconsistent rendering quality - 8 Game play: Its fun enough and the zombie slaughter never ends - 7 Sound: The sound has some real issues with very poor distance to volume. - 5 Exploration: Big maps to explore and lots of stuff to find - 8 Replayability: not a lot to recommend as replay value - 4 Story: Practically
    Its a marginal game.

Graphics: Decent graphics with occasionally inconsistent rendering quality - 8
    Game play: Its fun enough and the zombie slaughter never ends - 7
    Sound: The sound has some real issues with very poor distance to volume. - 5
    Exploration: Big maps to explore and lots of stuff to find - 8
    Replayability: not a lot to recommend as replay value - 4
    Story: Practically none existent and very shallow - 4
    Combat: Its a button masher for sure, but not in bad way - its serviceable - 6
    Crafting: Lots of crafting and there are wild things you can construct from vehicles to weapons - 8
    Soundtrack: Decent - 7

Overall a solid 7
  7. Jun 7, 2014
    This is the first Dead Rising game I've played and I have enjoyed it but there are a few things to note before someone makes a decision to purchase this game. When I searched Googled DR3 what I was looking for was someone saying the game had no time limit. What I found was a mixed set of responses stating that there wasn't a time limit if you selected a certain story mode option and othersThis is the first Dead Rising game I've played and I have enjoyed it but there are a few things to note before someone makes a decision to purchase this game. When I searched Googled DR3 what I was looking for was someone saying the game had no time limit. What I found was a mixed set of responses stating that there wasn't a time limit if you selected a certain story mode option and others say that there is a time limit it's just more than 3 days.

So I purchased the game and discovered that there IS a time limit and it is more than 3 days. I have been unsuccessful in finding any way to remove the time limit. Although the time limit that is given is more than enough to complete the game and side missions so the time limit isn't a huge bust but it is a negative factor.

When I discovered you can recruit survivors and give them weapons I became excited and made it a personal goal to recruit several survivors. I don't feel that the AI for the survivors was very well thought out, sometimes they'll shoot zombies at a fairly decent distance and other times they won't. One thing I did notice is they never run out of ammo. I handed 5 survivors assault rifles and LMG's and I never had to swing my weapon. While it would be troublesome to constantly have to worry about your survivors, it takes from the realism of a survival game if you have unlimited ammo. I was able to walk through several crowds of zombies without ever being in danger as my team decimated any opposition.

The story line isn't all that interesting. It seems to be that almost all zombie games and movies always show the government killing the innocent and they're going to bomb the area and you have to get out before it's too late. Developers need a new approach to getting out alive in the game, we already have a zombie apocalypse on our hands why add the government trying to kill everyone to it?

Let's talk about the soldiers that we have to fight, the AI specifically. I've seen several shows and movies that involve SWAT, government agents, soldiers, etc and yet I can't recall when they ran toward the enemy in the open while being shot at. I had a set of soldiers hide behind a car from me and I was hiding on the same side of that same car.

The endurance of weapons seems to be on topic in other posts and it should be. Swords break from killing zombies? This doesn't make sense at all. Bladed weapons shouldn't be breaking after a handful of swings against zombies or breaking at all for that matter.

Safe houses. Getting to a safe house can be quite the nightmare if you don't know what you're looking for. When I first started playing I didn't know about safe houses or clearing them out. I read on the map that this location was an "Infested Safe House" and I knew what needed to be done but I circled this location for about an hour without any luck. There wasn't a way to set a way point pointing to the exact location, I didn't know about the little symbol that somewhat explains which way you need to go. All I saw was a symbol on the map and I was standing there constantly fighting zombies. I had to Google the location of the safe house only to find that it was above me. Not the most intuitive map.

The number of zombies in the game. The quantity is never a problem in this game the problem is that you can NEVER clear an area permanently. I understand that if you cleared the whole city you wouldn't have much left to fight but in the interest of realism, once you clear a massive area of zombies it should stay cleared. If the survivor's didn't have unlimited ammo then clearing the city would be an extremely difficult task. I've cleared an area only to find myself run in a huge circle and those same zombies are back.

Combining weapons. Weapon combinations tend to be neat but in most cases it's purely fictitious. While there's generally nothing wrong with stretching the laws of realism in a game to add to the experience, some of the weapons you can create can be completely useless and may make you chuckle a little bit but that's as far as it goes. The point behind this is the developers could have spent that time working on the AI of the enemies/survivors but instead they chose to create a weapon that shoots "Massager's".

One bug I've run into which worked in my favor but a bug is a bug nonetheless. One of my survivors died shortly after I saved him and when I went to the safe house after saving another survivor, I took her out of my posse, put her back in my posse, exited the menu, saved, went back into the survivor list and the survivor that was killed was now available in my list and I have been using him.

Overall. DR3 isn't a terrible game. It does have a time limit but it's longer than previous DR games. The map isn't very intuitive in most cases. The AI of the soldiers/survivors is rather weak. The story line of the game isn't innovative or new at all. Weapons break too quickly and some weapons that shouldn't break do. Survivors have unlimited ammo.
  8. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game starts out well and boasts a great number of on screen zombies, but this is the main problem I have with the game. You cannot physically move from one place to another easily and cars last about 5 minutes. The side missions are boring as they make you go hunt for items and overall I just feel there is no motivation in this game. I was more frustrated than entertained. If you are a fan of the genre that's fine I'm not looking to start any discussions here. I overall felt the gameplay was laggy, had poor control response, repetitive, and unimaginative. Awesome amount of on screen zombie generation but that's about all your getting. I finished this one and got rid of it. DLC was not interesting either.

A plus is the psychopaths in the game. This was the funniest part. The boss battle against the crane is beyond silly, the loaders in the factory are annoying and the spec ops guys are beyond tough to kill. This game was a good time killer at best.
  9. Nov 27, 2014
    Dead Rising has always been an interesting series to me and the 3rd installment doesn't change that. It may not run at 60fps but it runs rather smooth at 30fps and the only reason its set to 30, is that there is a ton of zombies on screen at once. The game-play is fun, especially with a friend, and feels a lot smoother than the previous DR games. The only problem I have with the game isDead Rising has always been an interesting series to me and the 3rd installment doesn't change that. It may not run at 60fps but it runs rather smooth at 30fps and the only reason its set to 30, is that there is a ton of zombies on screen at once. The game-play is fun, especially with a friend, and feels a lot smoother than the previous DR games. The only problem I have with the game is the difficulty. It's rather easy, even in Nightmare Mode. Then again once you hit lvl50 you're practically invincible and vehicles make getting around trivial. The story is pretty good, if you've liked the previous games stories. It's a bit cliche, but adds that Dead Rising charm that kicks it up a notch. You'll meet new and familiar characters that you will wish there was more of. The story this go around actually has some answers to what the first two games set up, involving zombies and conspiracies. The World itself is fun to explore, is bigger, and actually open world (meaning no loading each zone every 2 minutes). I wouldn't say that DR3 is worth getting an xbone (especially since its on pc now), but if you own one or have a pc that can run it, it is worth getting, and even better if a friend has it too. Expand
  10. Dec 31, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is the game I would want to play if given the idea of killing zombies. Almost no other game or game series exists or acts in the way this series does. It is also riddled with many of the flaws of any zombie game. That flaw being the simplification of the gameplay. In a sense any zombie game is basically stupid. What I do like about this game is that it helps you achieve theDead Rising 3 is the game I would want to play if given the idea of killing zombies. Almost no other game or game series exists or acts in the way this series does. It is also riddled with many of the flaws of any zombie game. That flaw being the simplification of the gameplay. In a sense any zombie game is basically stupid. What I do like about this game is that it helps you achieve the simple satisfaction of killing those damn zombies. While it should offer more choices, like a good RPG, it still gives you options for that simple task of blowing the brains off zombies. That makes this game, and more than that, this series, good. But, for the flaws, there must always be those. For me, it's the lag. But also, it's the fetch quests. One can make a unique game and destroy these simplistic rituals. But, this game does not set out to do that. We hold high standards for the games and companies we respect, but just the same, this series is looking to grow. Grow in fanbase, but also grow in their general gameplay. They are doing that with this game. I know I am biased, I do love the simple, stupid gameplay of a zombie hack'n'slash, but at the very least this game acknowledges those desires and builds from them. This game, despite its obvious flaws, still delivers on its promises of stupid, simple zombie slaying. It tries more for story this time around, but while it might not tell a unique story, and still, the story of this game is still trite, it does offer fans of this type of gameplay a new way of seeing this sort of story. That being said, gameplay is the tasting of the pudding, and I very much enjoy the flavors offered by this attempt. Expand
  11. Nov 24, 2013
    I had pre-ordered this game only because I've read that the TIME LIMIT would be removed. I was deeply disappointed to see that it hasn't been removed but just tune down. To me, having this open world game with tons of collectibles, side content, challenges, etc, with a time limit is just an aberration. It's like saying to the player; yes you can do all this fun stuff, but don't do it orI had pre-ordered this game only because I've read that the TIME LIMIT would be removed. I was deeply disappointed to see that it hasn't been removed but just tune down. To me, having this open world game with tons of collectibles, side content, challenges, etc, with a time limit is just an aberration. It's like saying to the player; yes you can do all this fun stuff, but don't do it or you're game over. Otherwise this is a good game, with bad design decision. Next time I'll pass. Expand
  12. Jun 25, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is a great and fun gaming experience the graphics is gorgeous and the story is superb. I thoroughly enjoyed killing tons of zombies and using a huge array of things to kill the zombies with. and the addition of driving cars makes it even more enjoyable
  13. Nov 22, 2013
    nothing special or innovative
    this is a game that can be also experienced on Xbox 360
    the story is hollow, the characters are forgetable, some of the sexual humors are just way too over
    overall the game is fun, but It's not a good step to this franchise
    enjoy it or not, this is just another zombie killing game without any innovation, Literally
  14. Nov 26, 2013
    You'll enjoy this if your frustrations and nerves are well acclimated to the Dead Rising rhythm of side missions. The individuation of zombies is pretty impressive, their aggression and number is ramped up and the city is teeming with opportunities to lay waste to them by the hundreds. in the first hour of game play, you will have killed over a thousand already (unless you bought this gameYou'll enjoy this if your frustrations and nerves are well acclimated to the Dead Rising rhythm of side missions. The individuation of zombies is pretty impressive, their aggression and number is ramped up and the city is teeming with opportunities to lay waste to them by the hundreds. in the first hour of game play, you will have killed over a thousand already (unless you bought this game for another reason).

It has it's usual DR aggravations though. The beginning could have used a few more tutorial points, instead the game lets you figure things out on your own (to my own frustration when I couldn't find out how to get a survivor to stop following me).

From what I've come to expect of the Dead Rising franchise, Dead Rising 3 continues to deliver characters and scripts that are vapid and overly flashy00too japanese for me (like Metal Gear). Everyone has an attitude or is just playing too cool, or is hiding the fact that they are just empty stupid character skins.

The game is made for slashing zombies by the hundreds and the mechanics of the gameplay serve that wonderfully, but once you are presented with an "intelligent" enemy, the frustration ramps up quickly. But that's the norm for DR.

I'm otherwise happy with this title. More weapon schematics, now vehicle schematics, collectibles, upgrading the character by point system is good. I only wish game developers started making mature games for the adults of the then-generation that made gaming what it is today.
  15. Dec 16, 2013
    Fun game, occasional texture pop in can get very annoying. Seeing 1000 zombies on the screen at one time with almost no noticeable lag (except for one point) is an awesome experience. Graphically this game lets itself down but in terms of fun, Dead Rising 3 greatly delivers
  16. Nov 25, 2013
    Not the prettiest looking game but going around and finding many combinations to create weapons and vehicles to kill zombies is fun! It is even more fun when you're playing in co-op. I highly recommend that you play the game in co-op

However I feel at times that the game felt very under balance due to over-powered boss fights and military people. I sometimes find the item picking up system is slightly clunky, I can't explain how many times I tried to pick food up or a weapon only to have picked up something different then I end up getting killed or get over-ran. The story is nothing too special, It is pretty predictable if you're an avid zombie movie fan but it is decent and got some pretty good characters in. there.

Overall, If you played the previous games then you'll know what you're excepting but if you have not played the previous games then I would suggest to buy the game when you see it on cheap or borrow it from a friend. This is a Marmite game "You'll either love it or hate it"
  17. Mar 12, 2014
    I got Dead Rising 3 on the Xbox One for christmas. Since then, I have played it and beat it. Overall, like the other Dead Rising games, it is fun. As a zombie fan, I had to have it. The only big problem with me is the frame rate. That, and the game kind of gets repetitive after a while. It is a good game with a good story. 7/10
  18. Dec 22, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is a bit of a mixed bag, and in that bag you'll find a lot of fun, a lot of combo weapons, vehicles and good co-op. Unfortunately all that's buried under a pile of crap, the graphics are average at best, but very grainy and give off an un-polished look, the story is short and boring, couple that with abysmal map design and a slew of fetch quest and you've got you're self oneDead Rising 3 is a bit of a mixed bag, and in that bag you'll find a lot of fun, a lot of combo weapons, vehicles and good co-op. Unfortunately all that's buried under a pile of crap, the graphics are average at best, but very grainy and give off an un-polished look, the story is short and boring, couple that with abysmal map design and a slew of fetch quest and you've got you're self one average game Expand
  19. Jan 18, 2015
    This was a hard one for me to score because it retains the same flavour Dead Rising fans have come to expect from the style of storytelling and camera work, but ultimately there were just too many flaws to make this a fully enjoyable experience. The game suffers from some really weird series-changing ideas that werent fleshed out fully. The "open world" sections arent nearly as cool as theThis was a hard one for me to score because it retains the same flavour Dead Rising fans have come to expect from the style of storytelling and camera work, but ultimately there were just too many flaws to make this a fully enjoyable experience. The game suffers from some really weird series-changing ideas that werent fleshed out fully. The "open world" sections arent nearly as cool as the first 2 games -- sure, we're no longer confined to a mall, but the world now lacks any personality and is instead just a bunch of streets and empty buildings with psychos scattered throughout in generic locations. The control mapping is incredibly clunky and the visuals do look very X360. It was awesome to see how many zombies they were able to fit on screen though, but I cant help but think if they had sacrificed some of those unnecessary 'extras' for a visual bump it would have been far better. Overall, as someone who really enjoyed Dead Rising 1 and 2 this was a bit of a disappointment. Expand
  20. Dec 22, 2013
    This game has a few fatal flaws
    here's a list
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Missleading Navigational compass. Road blocks that prevent vehicles from traveling short distances. Uneven difficulty that's sometimes too easy and too hard Online lag Slowdown when too much action is on screen Low Res texture pop in Load Times that last nearly 2 minutes everytime you die. Aside from these issues
    This game has a few fatal flaws
    here's a list
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Missleading Navigational compass.
    Road blocks that prevent vehicles from traveling short distances.
    Uneven difficulty that's sometimes too easy and too hard
    Online lag
    Slowdown when too much action is on screen
    Low Res texture pop in
    Load Times that last nearly 2 minutes everytime you die.

Aside from these issues the game has the best melee combat, shooting controls seen in any other third person action game. The multiplayer is also well implimented. It's a shame they didn't delay the game to fix these problems.

I'd like a sequel or reworked edition to address this game's issues. I'd also like to suggest putting in a death match and local multi player mode. Since you play a mechanic, why not fix broken vehicles?
  21. Jan 6, 2014
    While it does get a little repetitive, it does show off the XB1's power in a fun way by cramming so many zombies onscreen at once.

Graphically it's not going to totally blow you away, but what the game can do with the sheer numbers of zombies is really unlike anything I've experienced in a video game; I'm certain that the 360 could not handle this. It's a pretty intense game, and

It's a pretty intense game, and while it lightens up a little on the time requirements for normal mode compared to previous installments, you're almost never safe, and frustratingly so at times. Just waiting a few seconds for your posse to get in your vehicle is really painful as the zombies inevitably swarm you. Vehicles get blown up in short order, weapons break, and food is sometimes scarce. On the other hand, the game is extremely fair, letting you recreate any weapons or vehicles you've previously held from various lockers and garages.

I'm trying not to give this game a higher score for being a launch title, but I do appreciate what they were able to do with this game given the rush that the development team was certainly under to have it ready on time. Ignoring that, it is an improvement over Dead Rising 1 and 2, and one of the best launch titles on either the XB1 or PS4.
  22. Feb 17, 2014
    Graphics are 360 quality; the processing is great w/ # of zombies but overall the game is mediocre. Main character is overly emotional and characters way to predictable, gullible, and just plain unbelievable. I understand it's the zombie apocalypse but the way some characters act is just plain ridiculous and laughable. However aside from the crazy story mode there is fun to be had killingGraphics are 360 quality; the processing is great w/ # of zombies but overall the game is mediocre. Main character is overly emotional and characters way to predictable, gullible, and just plain unbelievable. I understand it's the zombie apocalypse but the way some characters act is just plain ridiculous and laughable. However aside from the crazy story mode there is fun to be had killing masses of zombies and crafting new weapons- easily the the best part of the game. Aside from it all, nothing is missed if you skip this title Expand
  23. Nov 20, 2014
    I played the demo and was bored from that. I'm glad the heavens above granted me the foresight not to buy this game. The first two were niche, they were special in their own slightly-above-average way. This game is just more tools, more zombies, rinse and repeat. I'd probably have more fun getting eaten by a zombie.
  24. Dec 2, 2013
    This is my first next gen title, and although it is a fun game the performance could be better. I couldn't tell the graphics difference between a good looking current gen game and this. Note that my last games where Last of Us and GTA V and those games look great.

Putting the fact that its my 1st next gen game aside, I'd also add that the controls are often sluggish. This is a major problem in this game jumping, running and, above all, picking up itens on the floor is needlessly difficult and frustrating.

During any boss fight (or in the middle of a horde), good luck if you need to get any specific resource fast. Trying to pick up food among a lot of garbage, eat it, select the right weapon and continue the fight is incredibly difficult.

Still, its a cool game. The streets are filled with a ridiculous amount of zombies, weapons crafting and zombie fighting is very satisfying. There is a lot to do in form of side quests and collectibles, and the map is big enough to allow exploration and immersion. There is also a interesting night and day cycle, and watch out because zombies are more powerful during the night.

Leveling up is easily the best part of the game in my opinion. Once you level up enough weapon creation tools, you'll always have some ridiculously fun weapon at hand This is where the gameplay shines, in my opinion.

Its not a game that will showcase what the new Xbox can do. In that sense, I felt a bit disappointed by it. But crafting weapons and upgrading the character make up for the shortcomings. It feels like a action RPG with zombies and that is always a win in my book.

It'd be a 7,5 for me. It only misses the 8 score mark because of controls.
  25. Jan 23, 2014
    Meh... I don't know what to say. If you played Dead Rising 1 and 2 you've play Dead Rising 3. Story is far to short. The side missions are redundant. Overall Dead Rising 3 will be mildly entertaining for a couple of weeks.
  26. Jan 6, 2014
    retty fun game overall if you're looking for a slaughterfest but FAR too easy and so generic. The storyline is about as generic as they come and the lines the characters come up with could be written by a 4th grader: "i was bad once but now i'm going good?"

The weapon combos are cool, but waaaaay too powerful. In the original Dead Rising, you actually had to find the right stores and such to arm yourself appropriately for each boss etc. DR3? Just build the electrostaff to easily kill every boss in 30 seconds and give your posse split fire guns and you can walk from one side of the city to the other without being touched. Don't have these weapons? Just stop in the safe house and pick up any weapon you want without having to find your way to that nice police armory you worked to unlock. I never once looked for a gun store, or hardware store, or anything outside of weapons lockers and objectives, never once was stuck using a weapon I had to settle for. 40,000+ kills and all the side missions done when I finished the game and still had over 1.5 days left.

Honestly loved the original, but DR3 was so generic and unchallenging it set it back handily. Heck, I finished the game and probably never went below half health and I didn't even bother taking health items with me. A 1000+ kill streak required no planning or thought on my part...

BUT you kill tons of zombies and that's always tons of fun, which is the one redeeming quality of this game.
  27. Nov 29, 2013
    Where to begin. Ok so after waiting for the game start I had less then high hope, though I heard the game had one of the best reviews. First things first the graphics. While I'm impressed they managed to keep the same detail of the zombies in at the range you can see, I'm still not very happy with the detail up close. You look at it and think hmmmm ok Xbox 360 with just a smidge more. IWhere to begin. Ok so after waiting for the game start I had less then high hope, though I heard the game had one of the best reviews. First things first the graphics. While I'm impressed they managed to keep the same detail of the zombies in at the range you can see, I'm still not very happy with the detail up close. You look at it and think hmmmm ok Xbox 360 with just a smidge more. I had more detail in resident evil 5. But lets not take just the graphics away from the game the gameplay at the start isn't bad they throw you right in the mix pretty quickly which I liked. I was a little dissapointed when I first made the sledge saw as it didn't even show up in the guys hands. There I am swinging around nothing cutting zombies in half. Maybe its just a slight glitch but I'm sure when I fire it up again today it might be visible. All in all my first impression is that its going to be a pretty descent game. Deffinately a picker upper to get you used to playing the new Xbox. I look toward to seeing how both consoles pan out. Expand
  28. Dec 26, 2013
    Truth be told, I've never been a fan of the Dead Rising games. I played much of the first one, but the always timed missions was always a turn off. But since I wanted a game on the xbox one that I could sink a lot of hours into, I decided to try Dead Rising 3. For me, it's hit and miss.
    GRAPHICS(8): While the graphics certainly won't blow you away, they are very good. What stands out, of course, is the amount of zombies on screen at the same time. Like hundreds...now that's impressive. Everything else, from the character models to the environments, are good but not outstanding.
    PRESENTATION(7); Dead Rising 3 actually does a great job with presenting it's story, with lots of cut scenes and setting up big events with great flare. However, the story itself is so silly and stupid that it makes me wonder why Capcom went through the trouble. And the main character, Nick, is just a douche.
    GAMEPLAY(7): Again, a mixed bag. The zombie killing, weapon building, vehicle building and just the overall moment to moment action is awesome. It's a lot of fun just to run around a beat up zombies. However, so many of Dead Rising 3's gameplay designs hurt it. Why should I go through the trouble of building weapons when they only last for a few minutes? Or vehicles that blow up, again, after a few minutes? I'm ok with weapons and vehicles not lasting forever, but the limit is so short. Also, roadblocks are everywhere in the city, which means anytime you try to get from point a to point b, you have to not only fight zombies, but the streets themselves. And while it's awesome how zombies come at you nonstop, it can be overkill when you can't even pick a weapon up without being mugged. All of these didn't bother me much early on, but by the end of the game I was very frustrated.
    CONTROLS(9): Probably Dead Rising 3's greatest strength, controls are almost perfect, with the one exception being a menu system that could have been more user friendly, especially the map.
    FUN(9): Again, DR3 is a lot of fun. The zombies are insane, and the vehicles are too. Lots to play with.
    OVERALL(7): But ultimately, too many things bother me about DR3. Graphics aren't next gen, weapons and vehicles get used up to quickly, roadblocks everywhere you go, a silly and stupid story. I know a lot of people can look past these things, but I feel like once again the Dead Rising series is good, not great. If there were a more serious story and more freedom from things like roadblocks, maybe it could be great. For now, it's just good...
  29. Jan 29, 2014
    You better really, really love killing zombies because that's all there is in this game. Hours upon hours of flogging/kicking/punching/gunning/tearing/slicing/dicing/running over of zombies with just about anything you can get your hands on. I'd have no qualms over renting it or borrowing it from a friend for a couple days, but beyond that, I don't know if the price tag is worth a fewYou better really, really love killing zombies because that's all there is in this game. Hours upon hours of flogging/kicking/punching/gunning/tearing/slicing/dicing/running over of zombies with just about anything you can get your hands on. I'd have no qualms over renting it or borrowing it from a friend for a couple days, but beyond that, I don't know if the price tag is worth a few hours of entertainment. There was also quite a few missions (especially the boss ones) where I had to restart or redo because either a) something that was supposed to happen didn't happen [i.e. something that was supposed to explode to make a path for you didn't explode, the conversation you need to have with a side character just won't trigger, etc. ] or b) an element glitched badly enough that it just didn't...work (i.e. that dude you need to pick up with your car just flew into the wall space and, thus, no longer exists, leaving you forever stranded at the same mission). Expand
  30. Dec 29, 2013
    I'll say right off the bat; to _fully_ enjoy Dead Rising 3, you need to have played the first two games. Anyone who has a cry about the mechanics, the tone of the game, the story or anything else that hasn't done that is just ignorantly flapping their mouths without understanding how the series has evolved. Sometimes those ignorant flappings are well written and coherent, which is lovely,I'll say right off the bat; to _fully_ enjoy Dead Rising 3, you need to have played the first two games. Anyone who has a cry about the mechanics, the tone of the game, the story or anything else that hasn't done that is just ignorantly flapping their mouths without understanding how the series has evolved. Sometimes those ignorant flappings are well written and coherent, which is lovely, but a lot of the reviews I'm reading here seem to be from people who have no clue what their talking about and/or must really, just really suck at the game. You wouldn't read the third sequel in a trilogy of books and complain you don't know what's going on, so why do it for a video game?

Graphics;
    Let me spell something out for you; Large amount of models Large amount of graphical power used, locking the games FPS was to prevent the nuisance of slowdowns. Could they have used a better work around? Maybe, but it's pretty impressive when you understand that they can literally have THOUSANDS of zombies on screen.

That point defended, yes, some of the textures and models aren't exactly stellar, the burgers look like they're made of candy and some of the other proportions for other items are really odd. From a gameplay standpoint it does make them a little easier to spot against everything else, but I don't think that should have been sacrificed. Character models are reasonably detailed, some of the psychopaths to a more disgusting extent.

Gameplay;
    It's pretty much just Dead Rising 2 but a little more refined, the lack of combo bench now means no more annoying treks when you find a couple items you know fit together, on the flip side, you need the recipes to even put those items together. Combo vehicles are nifty, but altogether they aren't particularly useful except for a laugh and maybe another 10 seconds of driving before it explodes. In Co-op mode, having someone intelligent in the gunner seat does help, but it's a small benefit.

There seems to be a nice progression in the scale of usefulness for the blueprints you find just on your way to side missions and the story missions, you'll find some classic blueprints and having a lot of them that can be upgraded is handy. Of course if you go out of your way to collect them all from the get-go, you're going to be very bored eventually just making your favourite weapons for the rest of the game.

As for difficulty, this game is MUCH easier than previous installments. The locker of combo weapons in the safe houses, unlocking the ability to keep recruitable survivors from actually dying, plentiful health drops even in boss fights, it feels like this game was toned down considerably for the current generation of gamers. If you want the real experience, play it on Nightmare mode.

Audio;
    Zombies moan, guns shoot, things swing, slash and thump. A lot of menu/world sound effects have been recycled from previous games, but that just adds to that feeling of 'Hey, this is Dead Rising.' I do have a small complaint about the voice acting between Nick and Annie, I know they were trying to capture an awkward romance but it just come out entirely awkward.

Story;
    Honestly, pretty meh. The few big reveals they did never really made me go 'Wow, really?!' There were also a few battles that honestly felt like they drew out of a hat and forced them in, in particular was Diego's astronaut freakout battle, that whole thing just had me scratching my head as to why the hell I was even doing it. Some of the psychopaths are also a little too heavy on the satire and just came across as distasteful. The psycho fat woman stuffing her face, the stereotypical asian man in a zen garden, the super buff bodybuilding woman getting mistaken for a man, these all felt like the game was simultaneously trying too hard and not hard enough.

The few nods they have to the previous games are enjoyable for veterans, but in the end it didn't feel like you'd actually accomplished something like you did in the other installments.

_______

To summarise; Dead Rising 3 is an acceptable sequel that does miss the mark on a few issues, but if you're an even half-competent gamer and you're not a graphics-Nazi, you'll get enough enjoyment out of it to justify the spend.
  31. Dec 29, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 keeps the player extremely well occupied, with a heavy amount of challenging side missions and collectibles, including blueprints for mad combo weapons and ridiculously fun vehicles. The mechanics are slightly clunky, but this rarely causes any problems. DR3's graphics aren't exactly worthy of being called 'next gen', but this shouldn't matter if you're there to have fun, andDead Rising 3 keeps the player extremely well occupied, with a heavy amount of challenging side missions and collectibles, including blueprints for mad combo weapons and ridiculously fun vehicles. The mechanics are slightly clunky, but this rarely causes any problems. DR3's graphics aren't exactly worthy of being called 'next gen', but this shouldn't matter if you're there to have fun, and besides, this (in a way) adds to the dark, gloomy atmosphere that the game intends. Slashing through overwhelming hordes of zombies is usually entertaining, but true excitement comes when unleashing bizarre, newly constructed combo weapons upon the angry un-dead. You can upgrade your character using attribute points, which are mostly earned through leveling-up. The upgrade system is simple, beneficial, and rewarding. The story line and characters are fairly uninspiring, but this really isn't a focus of the dead rising series. Its about over-the-top humor and having fun. Despite poor character development the main story is surprisingly fun and engaging. I wont say much more as you should discover this yourself.

Of course though, there are the negatives. The controls are a bit stiff and attempting to switch weapon slots, especially when in a rush, can be extremely awkward. It either switches to a weapon I never intended to use, or doesn't switch at all. But the main reason I have only rated Dead Rising 3 a 7/10, is due to the content of the side missions. These usually include carrying out complicated and pointless tasks in order to gain a survivor. You rarely get a valuable reward such as a blueprint or collectible. Some even give you terrible guidance, leaving you having to go on youtube or forums just to understand how to complete them. For instance, one mission entailed me having to carry out a special attack on 5 zombies, telling me I had to click Y+B to do it. It turns out that there was in fact another step in doing a special attack. I didn't discover this until later in the game. Side missions are actually the most important part of this game, seeing as the main story is short and free-roaming isn't really that interesting, so the fact that many of them are extremely annoying damages the game.

Overall, I would still recommend Dead Rising 3, as its a worthy exclusive for the early days of Xbox One.
    It will certainly keep you entertained for a few months, and has many reasons to be played more than once. If your looking for a shiny next gen game I wouldn't even glance, but despite the faults, for its beautiful zombie dicing madness, you wont feel sorry for dishing out £50 ($60).
  32. Feb 2, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 still packs zombie killing fun. But...You can't appreciate it with overpowered weapons that can be easily obtained and constant zombie spawning. With no sense of a accomplishment. The story seems very flat and not much thought put into. The psychopaths are very ridicules and you don't need to study them to defeat them. Just simply knee drop them until they die. Kill streaksDead Rising 3 still packs zombie killing fun. But...You can't appreciate it with overpowered weapons that can be easily obtained and constant zombie spawning. With no sense of a accomplishment. The story seems very flat and not much thought put into. The psychopaths are very ridicules and you don't need to study them to defeat them. Just simply knee drop them until they die. Kill streaks make it too easy to level up. To simply put it the game has zombie killing fun into it. It falls flat into about everything else. Not a challenging game not a story with much thought put into it, it was very basic. Expand
  33. Jan 9, 2014
    At first I thought this game was the best thing ever. But after about 10 hours, it was so repetitive that I couldn't bear it. Once you get past the pretty cool weapon crafting mechanics and vehicles, not much is left.
  34. Jan 16, 2014
    Excellent game for an Xbox one launch title. Many, many things to do in the game. I had spent countless hours just using any weapon to hack, slash and absolutely destroy zombies before I even started the story, but once you finish the story, found every collectable, completed all the side missions it doesn't have much more redeeming value. Other than that the game is very enjoyable wellExcellent game for an Xbox one launch title. Many, many things to do in the game. I had spent countless hours just using any weapon to hack, slash and absolutely destroy zombies before I even started the story, but once you finish the story, found every collectable, completed all the side missions it doesn't have much more redeeming value. Other than that the game is very enjoyable well worth the money spent on it (if not more), I recommend this game to anyone who likes or loves open world RPG style games, oh and zombies. Expand
  35. Jan 25, 2014
    DR3 promises a next-gen installment of their series, but what they deliver seems a bit far from their advertising. I must add a disclaimer, I seem to be a hot headed gamer, and I did in fact lose my **** a couple of times playing the game, but I feel that it was with the frustration of the game mechanics more so than me just slamming the game for my lack of skill.The DR franchise hasDR3 promises a next-gen installment of their series, but what they deliver seems a bit far from their advertising. I must add a disclaimer, I seem to be a hot headed gamer, and I did in fact lose my **** a couple of times playing the game, but I feel that it was with the frustration of the game mechanics more so than me just slamming the game for my lack of skill.The DR franchise has always had a tongue-in-cheek appeal to the zombie survival horror genre, and while it was fun to goof around with in the first game, it quickly became stale afterward. The game's lust for bashing endless amounts of zombie skulls met a few road blocks with poorly constructed mechanics that lead to boss fights of rivaling frustrations. In DR 1 the player could shovel through a handful of zombies with no problem, but if a horde showed up (especially after dark) the player had to reconsider taking action as the player could become overwhelmed. When the player faced slow paced enemies there wasn't much of a concern, yet the quicker the enemy, and the longer their range of attack, the more the player suffered with slow and clunky controls. Now, DR 3 fixed that with quick paced movement and an all around improved fighting system. But the game begins to stumble with the larger scaled world the player is dumped into and the smaller details brought out because of the new world.
    First, the car mechanics. Having an open world with four semi isolated sub cities was not just big in the physical sense, but in that it had to give proper attention to each hub while making it not a burden on the player to cross the city. The trouble is that there is so much crisscrossing between neighborhoods that it begins to feel like a burden when a horde of a couple of thousand zeds clog your radiator. The cars seem to fall apart about every mile or so which gets stressful when the next car is the half totaled one you left a few hours ago. The fix for this was adding vehicle mods, which I will agree was hella fun to mow down hundreds of zombies, but they too fell apart rather quickly (particularly when explosive barrels snuck their way under the zombie hives). This is a realistic problem, and Im not complaining about the finite nature of the cars, but the controls of the vehicles were difficult and clunky similar to DR 1's basic controls. Turning was extremely loose, which allows for quick corner turns, but at high speeds the vehicle can easily crash into debris, or explosive barrels that can take out your car in a couple hits. Stopping and changing direction is extremely slow, and resembles Austin Powers stuck in a hallway with a tour guide golf cart. The maneuverability, and durability became an issue with an exceeding number of appearing road blocks as you pass on through the game. It is smart for the developers to make the player rely on the vehicle mod feature, but a flame throwing chopper/steam roller still falls apart the same at an impassible barrier. Again, with the frequency of use of vehicles and travel, this was a small oversight, but causes more frustration than necessary.
    Second , the game felt like too much of an errand run. I understand the need for scavenging for survival, but it began to feel like a grind when most tasks involved running across town and back to finish one mission. The pain of depending on the vehicles was an issue when having to repeat trips, but the player doesn't get any rest with these requests when your radio keeps squawking with similar requests. The player can become overwhelmed with unnecessary tasks if they let them stack up, and they will stack fast. DR 3 never changed from its origin in this regard, which can kill the replay value of the game. The player never has to engage in side missions, but as they pile up alongside the never ending random damsels in distress, there is a never ending source of stress eating at the player. This is not a bad segment of the game, nor one that should be cut out, but it should be cut back and should allow for another style of side mission that doesn't involve mothering the entire city. You should feel some sort of satisfaction and accomplishment from cleaning your dirty dishes, but if your roommate is too much of a stubborn ass to do them , you shouldn't feel the need to take on that responsibility for your own sanity (there may be a trace of a real life scenario here). But hey, maybe you are the type of person that can handle that much nagging, but the game should be about exploring past its core intent to satisfy its player. These developers should be asking what would a player actually enjoy to boost its value and longevity, not something that will become a chore to increase its play time and maybe even trick a player into sticking with the game.
    Anyway, this isn't a formal analysis of DR3, just my immediate thoughts on the game and series.
    Con Queso y Amor
    LT
  36. Feb 11, 2014
    Dead rising 3 is truely next gen. There are great graphics thousands of thousand of zombies and almost no loading screens. You could not pull that off on the 360 and ps3.There are also lots of combo weapons but I feel that there wasn't enough combo vehicles. The story is alright I did at times hate and love characters but I found that if you don't do any side quests and if you cut out theDead rising 3 is truely next gen. There are great graphics thousands of thousand of zombies and almost no loading screens. You could not pull that off on the 360 and ps3.There are also lots of combo weapons but I feel that there wasn't enough combo vehicles. The story is alright I did at times hate and love characters but I found that if you don't do any side quests and if you cut out the travel time the story is only like 6 hours long. if your looking to pick up an xbox one I would definetly recomend this game. Expand
  37. Mar 24, 2014
    It looks nice, it plays OK and it bores you quickly. Exclusive is only any good if it wows. Overly familiar and lacking in that Next Gen wow factor I was craving.
  38. Jun 20, 2015
    It is very boring after a while, the weapons are good and so are the animations. But there is not much to do, you kill zombies and that is all. If that is your thing then buy it but you will still get fed up of how repetitive it is.
  39. Jun 4, 2014
    Deadrising 3 makes me nauseous, Because of the Field of view and lack of control. But it's storyline is just as dull, It doesn't know what it wants to be, a Random-crazy awesome Zombie slaying experience, or a dramatic zombie storyteller (which has been done before, and much better). It so awkwardly switches between the two, so the jokes they make feel out of place and forced. Thankfully,Deadrising 3 makes me nauseous, Because of the Field of view and lack of control. But it's storyline is just as dull, It doesn't know what it wants to be, a Random-crazy awesome Zombie slaying experience, or a dramatic zombie storyteller (which has been done before, and much better). It so awkwardly switches between the two, so the jokes they make feel out of place and forced. Thankfully, It does shine in its "create a weapon" aspect of the game was insanely creative and I enjoyed making new weapons to kill the Hundreds of zombies they shove in your face(which causes constant frame rate drops). Deadrising 3's story is awful, but the gameplay (once you get the hang of it) is actually pretty fun. If you're gonna get it, get it for 40 bucks whenever possible. Expand
  40. Jun 16, 2014
    Something about this game feels very immersive and awesome, but the gameplay involves you killing zombies over and over with light and heavy attacks, x and y. Needless to say, it becomes very repetitive when the gameplay is just you moving from place to place and killing your way through the crowds. There are segments with other human survivors, but they are mediocre compared to otherSomething about this game feels very immersive and awesome, but the gameplay involves you killing zombies over and over with light and heavy attacks, x and y. Needless to say, it becomes very repetitive when the gameplay is just you moving from place to place and killing your way through the crowds. There are segments with other human survivors, but they are mediocre compared to other games. It looks better than reviewers say. I would recommend this to anyone looking for some good zombie killing fun with basically no depth besides weapon combos. For deep, engaging gameplay, look elsewhere. Expand
  41. Oct 20, 2014
    The magnitude is the biggest selling point of this game. Hundreds of thousands of zombies fill the screen and you get to smash through them with satisfying and very unique weapons. The sheer number of weapon blueprints to collects astounds me and there are many fun hours to be had collecting and upgrading like any other open world game. However, this strong point becomes a catch-22 forThe magnitude is the biggest selling point of this game. Hundreds of thousands of zombies fill the screen and you get to smash through them with satisfying and very unique weapons. The sheer number of weapon blueprints to collects astounds me and there are many fun hours to be had collecting and upgrading like any other open world game. However, this strong point becomes a catch-22 for this game series.

While this game excels at being a well-made and engrossing open-world title, and massively falters at the narrative and the sense of survivability. Granted, the game still has many ruthless moments that will take many tries to perfect but the urgency that was unique of past dead rising games left the game completely. Personally, I was flying along the story making sure to do only the essentials because I though the game would play out like the others with a pressing time limit and hyper sense of "get-it-done."

However, I beat the narrative with more the enough time by the end. I remember beating the last mission with the clock still forebodingly chiming in that there's only 8 hours left. I had actual done some side missions as well but there was still that much time left. Plus, the storyline is honestly terrible and features a horrible protagonist that is cliche "edgy" and an extreme idiot. The incentive to beat the game to unlock new game plus barely exists because the story is nothing all that fun. The main draw becomes the insanity of the weapons and vehicles that you can create.

I personally really missed the urgency of past dead rising games even if I found them annoying at the time. Looking back, the clock and restrictions on the game were unique and I honestly want the pulling feeling back. The original is still the king of the series to me,
  42. May 23, 2015
    Dead Rising 3 is a fun game.It has so many crazy weapons and so many zombies to kill.The characters are unrecognizable or the game has very Poor characters.the story is don't exist in this game at least in my opinion cause I am just having fun killing zombies with this unrealistic weapons but it gets boring the more you play the game.Dead Rising 3 is a 'meh' Game.
  43. May 18, 2015
  44. Jun 29, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have mixed feelings about this game , I absolutely love the original game , and liked Dead Rising 2 aswell , but I feel like Capcom are stepping away from what made Dead Rising so good. This isn't to say I did not enjoy Dead Rising 3 , as i did and played it for probably more than 100 hours, my problem is it did not live up to my expectations and I feel like it is too little to late with the changes that have been made. Part of the reason i loved the original so much was the feeling of being in an enclosed space , there were lots of interior levels to navigate and shortcuts to find out to get from place to place efficiently. I feel like Dead Rising 3 is less about being methodical and learning the quirks of the game yourself.

This isn't new to the series either as this trend started with Dead Rising 2 and trying to streamline the series and make mechanics smoother for new players to come in and enjoy the series . Dead Rising 2 brought coop a bigger open world and combo weapons , Dead Rising 3 brings a bigger open world combo vehicles and coop . I don't feel like the massive open world of Los Perdidos does Dead Rising 3 any favours , I get the feeling of lifelessness even in a big open world with thousands of zombies on screen and a fair few survivors to save.

Blueprints and tragic moments are littered around the map as your collectibles with Frank West statues , which again makes me think Capcom are trying to shift Dead Rising into a series with more appeal to the casual gamer which isn't necessarily a bad thing but with such stiff competition in the "zombie genre" of Video games these days , isn't it better to stand out from the crowd?

I have mixed feelings on the story too , I feel like this is the sequel storywise to Dead Rising 1 with the way the plot details were used to tie the story together. I was intrigued when this plot detail came up in Dead Rising 1 and wished they would have touched on it in Dead Rising 2 (*SPOILER* Nick ramos is one of the orphans that Carlito had put the zombie virus in to be a ticking time bomb all over the US) but now I feel like it's too little too late.

This series has a weird sense of progression we've gone from Shopping Mall , to Vegas Strip to a whole city. I feel like it hasn't progressed because the survival elements of Dead Rising fits a more isolated and enclosed setting , otherwise what threat are these massive mobs of zombies you've created? Even though we have these massive sandboxes to play with in Dead Rising 2+3 it misses the intricacies that Dead Rising 1 had with trying to get around and using shortcuts.

I thought the boss fights in Dead Rising 3 ranged from decent to great , a step above Dead Rising 2 and a notch below Dead Rising 1 in my opinion , i enjoyed a fair few of them and a couple definitely had the creepy , weird vibe of Dead Rising in their character designs. I'm interested to see where this series will go in terms of storyline because of the bombshell that the storyline ends on ( Isabella started the Los Perdidos outbreak to clear her families name from the events of Dead Rising 1) but it makes me question why Capcom didn't include this in the plot of the second game.

Conclusion : Dead Rising 3 is a good game but not the true sequel Dead Rising has needed since the first game , i'm interested to see where it's going to go storywise but I'm a lot less hyped for a future installment as it seems to be heading away from the direction that I really enjoyed
  45. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is FUN! The weapons storage system is so forgiving, and makes it much easier to load up on your favorite mega weapons for a mission run. There's no need for "realism" with the inventory, and having to start finding ingredients all over again in a game like this - thank you for chanign that from the older DR games! The controls are tight and responsive, the vehicles are useful andThis game is FUN! The weapons storage system is so forgiving, and makes it much easier to load up on your favorite mega weapons for a mission run. There's no need for "realism" with the inventory, and having to start finding ingredients all over again in a game like this - thank you for chanign that from the older DR games! The controls are tight and responsive, the vehicles are useful and handle well, the characters are entertaining, the cut scenes are SHORT and TO THE POINT (i hate long cutscenes with slow pacing - LET ME PLAY), and the amount of characters on the screen is staggaring! There is a neat little novelty of getting more missions and small items via the Xbox Smartglass, there are plenty of optional collecting items to hunt for if you want, the environments are fun and organized well with plenty of buildings to go in and out of. Here's a nice little OPTIONAL exploit as well... if you rant to just enjoy the game, and power thru everything (like me) you can rank up easily/quickly with the scythe weapons, and as you character levels ahead faster than intended, the bosses and challenges are a breeze. I get it some people want a hardcore challenge, but i want to play a game that is fun and entertaining to me, which is a little challenging, but let's me progress thru without getting frustrated or bored. Give this game a try even if you haven't played the old Dead Rising games! Collapse

A fun, wild waste of time that doesn't really live up to its predecessors.
  2. Jul 2, 2014
    Get ready for a new generation of zombie-slaying thrills where there's only minimal gameplay to get in the way of the thrills!
  3. May 11, 2014
    Out of all the Xbox One launch titles Dead Rising 3 is definitely the most entertaining. There's no denying that mowing down crowded streets full of zombies isn't a guilty pleasure. What Dead Rising 3 lacks, though, is next generation visuals. The game could easily pass as a fancy looking Xbox 360 title. [Feb 2014]