6.6

1. Aug 13, 2014
    Overall I found DR3 to be a pretty fun game: The game world is huge (but still not anywhere near the size of an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game), the story line is actually pretty decent for this genre and there are a ton of side quests to do, there are tons of zombies on screen and tons more to kill, the weapon variety is great and the weapon/vehicle synthesis is a fun feature.

On the
    flip side, the graphics are pretty sub-par; there are 360 games that look much better than DR3. Once you get around the max level I find the game starts to get boring really fast. Expand
  2. Aug 9, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is an awesome game. The story is fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. The gameplay is fluid thanks to a variety of weapons. My only complaint is that the game crashed about three times on me.
  3. Aug 9, 2014
    This is just a pretty bad game in a lot of ways, I'd avoid it. The graphics are awful for a supposedly next gen game, there's nothing the 360 couldn't do really, everyone says it's the number of zombies on screen that makes this next gen but to be honest, Dead Rising 1 had plenty and that was a much tighter game control wise too, and it was better aesthetically in my opinion.

There's a
    plane featured at the very beginning of the game, and it looks like it came straight out a PS2 game, the controls are wonky and all over the place on the controller and the story is non-existent.

The Super turbo blah blah is slightly better but if you have to play this, don't buy, borrow.
  4. Aug 2, 2014
    When I got Dead Rising 2 for free with Games for Gold on X360, I was not a fan of the game. The constant time limit that was on side quests and the main story in the game just sucked the fun out of so much in the game, collecting Zombrex was annoying, the combat was slightly dull, and the game was too harsh on you in other points. Thankfully, with Dead Rising 3, it throws away all that BS, but it doesn't make the game perfect. Yes, DR3 is hands down one of my favourite games on Xbox One, but that doesn't mean it has its fair share annoyances. Let's start with the graphics. Overall, the game did please my eyes. Textures up close looked muddy, though. Then again, the game makes up for all the small flaws in the graphics with how many zombies it puts on screen. There might be so, so, so many in a small street, and the game needs that because you will kill A LOT with the creatively awesome weapons you use. The weapons by themselves are pretty basic and boring, but if you find the blueprints around the city, you can combine those things into killing machines. While the combat with these weapons is basically just light and heavy attacks, it gets very varied because of how different and awesome these weapons are. They can range from flaming giant scythes to a shotgun with a blade on it. I constantly had fun killing countless numbers of zombies, but the zombies won't stop coming at you, and that got challenging at points (not a flaw). The game also makes you fight human enemies at times known as psychos. These boss fights aren't amazingly designed, but they were a good break from fighting zombies. The city you roam around in the game is meh. I actually liked the setting of Dead Rising 2 because I felt one area was always different than the last. The city here is more urban, so they weren't very creative with it. Plus, it seemed like I always came across roadblocks when I was driving a car, which was annoying. The story here is ok. What I really disliked, though, is the constant change of tone in the game. One minute you'll hear a sex joke, then the next you'll be grieving over the death of a loved one. I wish they just focused on one, single tone. Dead Rising 3 is not a perfect game, no, not even close. However, it offers the one and only thing I really want in games: a good time. And that's what I want, first and foremost. Expand
  5. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game starts out well and boasts a great number of on screen zombies, but this is the main problem I have with the game. You cannot physically move from one place to another easily and cars last about 5 minutes. The side missions are boring as they make you go hunt for items and overall I just feel there is no motivation in this game. I was more frustrated than entertained. If you are a fan of the genre that's fine I'm not looking to start any discussions here. I overall felt the gameplay was laggy, had poor control response, repetitive, and unimaginative. Awesome amount of on screen zombie generation but that's about all your getting. I finished this one and got rid of it. DLC was not interesting either.

A plus is the psychopaths in the game. This was the funniest part. The boss battle against the crane is beyond silly, the loaders in the factory are annoying and the spec ops guys are beyond tough to kill. This game was a good time killer at best.
  6. Jun 25, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is a great and fun gaming experience the graphics is gorgeous and the story is superb. I thoroughly enjoyed killing tons of zombies and using a huge array of things to kill the zombies with. and the addition of driving cars makes it even more enjoyable
  7. Jun 23, 2014
    Starting with the good, the thousands of zombies is cool, and the home made weapons are fun. That said, the story line is really annoying, and the boss fights are pathetic, out of place, and ruin the feel of a zombie apocalypse. Also,This absolutely is not an open world game!!! It is as linear as a game can be. A true disappointment
  8. Jun 21, 2014
    Incredibly fun game, even if the story is far-fetched. There is nothing horrible or unplayable about this game other than a slow-down when there are too many explosions and zombies in one screen. It is worth the full price, compared to Ryse: Son of Rome.
  9. Jun 16, 2014
    Something about this game feels very immersive and awesome, but the gameplay involves you killing zombies over and over with light and heavy attacks, x and y. Needless to say, it becomes very repetitive when the gameplay is just you moving from place to place and killing your way through the crowds. There are segments with other human survivors, but they are mediocre compared to other games. It looks better than reviewers say. I would recommend this to anyone looking for some good zombie killing fun with basically no depth besides weapon combos. For deep, engaging gameplay, look elsewhere. Expand
  10. Jun 7, 2014
    This is the first Dead Rising game I've played and I have enjoyed it but there are a few things to note before someone makes a decision to purchase this game. When I searched Googled DR3 what I was looking for was someone saying the game had no time limit. What I found was a mixed set of responses stating that there wasn't a time limit if you selected a certain story mode option and others say that there is a time limit it's just more than 3 days.

So I purchased the game and discovered that there IS a time limit and it is more than 3 days. I have been unsuccessful in finding any way to remove the time limit. Although the time limit that is given is more than enough to complete the game and side missions so the time limit isn't a huge bust but it is a negative factor.

When I discovered you can recruit survivors and give them weapons I became excited and made it a personal goal to recruit several survivors. I don't feel that the AI for the survivors was very well thought out, sometimes they'll shoot zombies at a fairly decent distance and other times they won't. One thing I did notice is they never run out of ammo. I handed 5 survivors assault rifles and LMG's and I never had to swing my weapon. While it would be troublesome to constantly have to worry about your survivors, it takes from the realism of a survival game if you have unlimited ammo. I was able to walk through several crowds of zombies without ever being in danger as my team decimated any opposition.

The story line isn't all that interesting. It seems to be that almost all zombie games and movies always show the government killing the innocent and they're going to bomb the area and you have to get out before it's too late. Developers need a new approach to getting out alive in the game, we already have a zombie apocalypse on our hands why add the government trying to kill everyone to it?

Let's talk about the soldiers that we have to fight, the AI specifically. I've seen several shows and movies that involve SWAT, government agents, soldiers, etc and yet I can't recall when they ran toward the enemy in the open while being shot at. I had a set of soldiers hide behind a car from me and I was hiding on the same side of that same car.

The endurance of weapons seems to be on topic in other posts and it should be. Swords break from killing zombies? This doesn't make sense at all. Bladed weapons shouldn't be breaking after a handful of swings against zombies or breaking at all for that matter.

Safe houses. Getting to a safe house can be quite the nightmare if you don't know what you're looking for. When I first started playing I didn't know about safe houses or clearing them out. I read on the map that this location was an "Infested Safe House" and I knew what needed to be done but I circled this location for about an hour without any luck. There wasn't a way to set a way point pointing to the exact location, I didn't know about the little symbol that somewhat explains which way you need to go. All I saw was a symbol on the map and I was standing there constantly fighting zombies. I had to Google the location of the safe house only to find that it was above me. Not the most intuitive map.

The number of zombies in the game. The quantity is never a problem in this game the problem is that you can NEVER clear an area permanently. I understand that if you cleared the whole city you wouldn't have much left to fight but in the interest of realism, once you clear a massive area of zombies it should stay cleared. If the survivor's didn't have unlimited ammo then clearing the city would be an extremely difficult task. I've cleared an area only to find myself run in a huge circle and those same zombies are back.

Combining weapons. Weapon combinations tend to be neat but in most cases it's purely fictitious. While there's generally nothing wrong with stretching the laws of realism in a game to add to the experience, some of the weapons you can create can be completely useless and may make you chuckle a little bit but that's as far as it goes. The point behind this is the developers could have spent that time working on the AI of the enemies/survivors but instead they chose to create a weapon that shoots "Massager's".

One bug I've run into which worked in my favor but a bug is a bug nonetheless. One of my survivors died shortly after I saved him and when I went to the safe house after saving another survivor, I took her out of my posse, put her back in my posse, exited the menu, saved, went back into the survivor list and the survivor that was killed was now available in my list and I have been using him.

Overall. DR3 isn't a terrible game. It does have a time limit but it's longer than previous DR games. The map isn't very intuitive in most cases. The AI of the soldiers/survivors is rather weak. The story line of the game isn't innovative or new at all. Weapons break too quickly and some weapons that shouldn't break do. Survivors have unlimited ammo.
  11. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is FUN! The weapons storage system is so forgiving, and makes it much easier to load up on your favorite mega weapons for a mission run. There's no need for "realism" with the inventory, and having to start finding ingredients all over again in a game like this - thank you for chanign that from the older DR games! The controls are tight and responsive, the vehicles are useful and handle well, the characters are entertaining, the cut scenes are SHORT and TO THE POINT (i hate long cutscenes with slow pacing - LET ME PLAY), and the amount of characters on the screen is staggaring! There is a neat little novelty of getting more missions and small items via the Xbox Smartglass, there are plenty of optional collecting items to hunt for if you want, the environments are fun and organized well with plenty of buildings to go in and out of. Here's a nice little OPTIONAL exploit as well... if you rant to just enjoy the game, and power thru everything (like me) you can rank up easily/quickly with the scythe weapons, and as you character levels ahead faster than intended, the bosses and challenges are a breeze. I get it some people want a hardcore challenge, but i want to play a game that is fun and entertaining to me, which is a little challenging, but let's me progress thru without getting frustrated or bored. Give this game a try even if you haven't played the old Dead Rising games! Expand
  12. Jun 4, 2014
    Deadrising 3 makes me nauseous, Because of the Field of view and lack of control. But it's storyline is just as dull, It doesn't know what it wants to be, a Random-crazy awesome Zombie slaying experience, or a dramatic zombie storyteller (which has been done before, and much better). It so awkwardly switches between the two, so the jokes they make feel out of place and forced. Thankfully, It does shine in its "create a weapon" aspect of the game was insanely creative and I enjoyed making new weapons to kill the Hundreds of zombies they shove in your face(which causes constant frame rate drops). Deadrising 3's story is awful, but the gameplay (once you get the hang of it) is actually pretty fun. If you're gonna get it, get it for 40 bucks whenever possible. Expand
  13. May 29, 2014
    I think this game is the best Dead rising game out there, it's worth the purchase. I enjoyed the psychopaths of the game (The 7 deadly sins). Also Don't listen to all the fakers who are giving this game a 0. They don't know what the F*^# they're talking about, and they're jealous the Xbox One got it exclusively.
  14. May 26, 2014
    I only bought this game as a friend of mine recommended it to me. It is very repetitive becomes boring after a short period of time. There is not much to say about it, except from you'll be killing zombies the whole way through.
  15. May 10, 2014
    Its a marginal game. Graphics: Decent graphics with occasionally inconsistent rendering quality - 8 Game play: Its fun enough and the zombie slaughter never ends - 7 Sound: The sound has some real issues with very poor distance to volume. - 5 Exploration: Big maps to explore and lots of stuff to find - 8 Replayability: not a lot to recommend as replay value - 4 Story: Practically none existent and very shallow - 4
    Combat: Its a button masher for sure, but not in bad way - its serviceable - 6
    Crafting: Lots of crafting and there are wild things you can construct from vehicles to weapons - 8
    Soundtrack: Decent - 7

Overall a solid 7
  16. Apr 30, 2014
    dead rising 3 is a good pick for people that are getting a Xbox one it will bring 100+ of fun and the whole 60$ worth with combo card and are almost endless nothing better then making a teddy bear with LMG on it and you on a roof with a nail gun it good fun the co-op is kinda lame but the story was good if you have played the last 2 game if not maybe start there, there are also a new mode called nightmare which make it like dead rising 1 and zombie are very blood thirty and will wast you fast so be careful an the normal mode is more for exploration and ton of thing to collect , so have fun Expand
  17. Apr 24, 2014
    The game (despite what people say) feels very next gen, there are hundreds of zombies on screen at once, literally hundreds. The zombies don't look repetitive and seem individual with a wide range of character models and different clothing, etc. The graphics are good, maybe as good as the better 360 titles, but nothing is amazingly 'WOW'.
  18. Apr 7, 2014
    I purchased Dead Rising with my Day One Xbox One and I have to say it's a good game but man does it get boring quick!

The story and characters and forgettable, the graphics for a powerful console are not good, I know there are loads of Zombies on screen but this is where the biggest problem with DR3 is.

To show the power of the Xbox One, the streets are filled with thousands of
    Zombies, but this means getting from one point to another is a chore. It's great fun at first, mowing Zombies down and getting your kill count up, but it really starts to give you that feeling of " Oh no, not more Zombies". If you want to find out why the story takes a back seat to killing Zombies, take a look at the achievements list.

The original Dead Rising was fun, but DR3 has been destroyed by the notion of quantity over quality.
  19. Mar 29, 2014
    I love Zombie games and other then the time line this game does not disappoint.
    With Good sound Good graphics and smooth control all is in place for DR3 but not a game changer.
  20. Mar 28, 2014
    The zombies killing machine games, is back with more funtime... But the changes, was really mixed-up with the combo tackling, and psychopath was sometimes easy, or hard to kill....
  21. Mar 25, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is such a brilliant and underrated game. DR3 is much better than DR1 and 2 in my opinion. The game looks really good, the amount of zombies that Capcom can fit onto the screen at any one time is astounding. The story isn't perfect, but it's very well done and always held my interest. The game is a lot of fun over all and it's challenging in all the right areas. Multiplayer is what makes this game really fun though. It has its learning curves but once you get it, it's a really fun game that offers 15 to 20 hours of gameplay. Expand
  22. Mar 24, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is the funniest Dead Rising ever. Its renewed weapon and combo system offer you thousands of possibilities. Moreover, it has a great campaign full of awesome missions.
  23. Mar 24, 2014
    It looks nice, it plays OK and it bores you quickly. Exclusive is only any good if it wows. Overly familiar and lacking in that Next Gen wow factor I was craving.
  24. Mar 21, 2014
    If you want a game that is simply a lot of fun and has a good sense of humor, then buy this game. This game is an awful lot like Grand Theft Auto meets Dead Island meets anime. The graphics are not good though. The timer is also extremely annoying.
  25. Mar 18, 2014
    A very fun open world zombie game with a cast of memorable characters and stunning visual design. Playing on normal or hard can provide a challenge to those who've played the other titles in the series. Not groundbreaking, but a very good installment in the Dead Rising series. I've played this game for at least 12 hours, and I'm still having fun with it. DR 3 is a must buy if you plan on getting an Xbox One. It's the best game on the console, even better than Titanfall. Expand
  26. Mar 16, 2014
    Although I haven't finished playing the game yet, it is an incredibly fun game to have! The variety of weapons is immense and the huge open world with insane amounts of zombies makes it easy to find something to throw things at! Hasn't yet got boring and I can see myself playing this game right through to the end and also afterwards!

One downside being that it seems to glitch here and
    there, but nothing that bothers me too much! Expand
  27. Mar 12, 2014
    I got Dead Rising 3 on the Xbox One for christmas. Since then, I have played it and beat it. Overall, like the other Dead Rising games, it is fun. As a zombie fan, I had to have it. The only big problem with me is the frame rate. That, and the game kind of gets repetitive after a while. It is a good game with a good story. 7/10
  28. Mar 12, 2014
    I don't have an Xbone I have a PS4 but I played this from start to finish at a buddies.... I don't know how this game got such a low score, the game is fun, what do people expect out of a game that was made to just go around kill zombies and have a blast...It's like those people who gave splatter house a bad review because the game had no good story.... Of course a game named "splatter house" will have a good story.lol... Anyway I played through the game and I thought it was much better than the other Dead Risings....Pick it up if you own a xbone Expand
  29. Mar 11, 2014
    The best Dead Rising in the series. The map is large, and the zombie killing is just crazy. There are a huge number of combo weapons and vehicles, the number of zombies on screen is amazing, and the amount of fun to be had is staggering...
    For a little more than a week.
    I am not saying it gets old, it is just easy to max out the main character, and if you do not have a friend to bash
    zombies with, it begins to feel almost lonely.
    The plus side is the addition of challenges. There are a large amount of challenges that tell you to kill zombies in certain ways or to complete certain tasks, as well as collectables that will keep competitions busy for a while.
    If you enjoy mindless fun, DR3 is hard to go wrong with.
    If you need something a little more sophisticated, you can always go outside.
  30. Mar 10, 2014
    Pro's: Open world shooter, hundreds of zombies in all directions, Decent sized map, No loading, Good graphics for an "open world game", re-playable

Con's: Cut scenes graphics could have been better, technically there's still a time limit, and you have to stay within the story mode.

Ultimately this is a fun @ss game; it's an open world shooter, with hundreds of zombies in all
    directions. The map is a good size, and there's not loading. The graphics could have been better (during the cut scenes), but they are anything but "bad". They are hit & miss (some characters look really good; others are just okay - comparing to what we think "next gen" should look like). However, the graphics (in-game) are better than any other "open world" shooter, we've played previous gen. The only negatives is that there is still a time limit (despite them claiming there is not), and you're always in the story mode.. Keep in mind that the time limit is extended so far that you don't have to worry about it, but still... it's besides the point. You can also free roam and do your own thing throughout the game (even though your technically always in story mode). I would have liked them to make a separate game type (or say, after you beat the game) that allowed total free roam without the story & time limit, that allows you to just blow crap up. Technically, you can do that anyways (believe me, time limit is not an issue); maybe it's OCD, I would have just liked to see a separate free roam selection. Although, you can always just join a multiplayer game (into someone else's story) and just f' around.

The game is fun as hell... Beat it three times, played around in multiplayer as well.
  31. Mar 3, 2014
    How could you say the graphics are bad? They're definitely not bad. And if this game was 60fps it would look immeasurably cheesy. People don't understand why developers choose 30fps over 60fps. It's not always for performance.

If you've never played a Dead Rising game before and you play DR3 for 1-5 hours and decide to right a negative review about it, your opinion is practically
    invalid. It would be like me complaining Call of Duty: Ghosts is a horrible twitchy fast paced shooter when that's what Call of Duty is. They're not going to change the style if its a successful franchise.
    I love the fact they gave players more time to mess around killing zombies, building weapons and vehicles, exploring the world for blueprints and survivors, etc.
    Capcom designed this game to be an arcady, japanese style zombie killing game. The shooting isn't supposed to be realistic. You can combine a cardboard box with a foam finger to create a poking gun to kill zombies with. (is that not hilarious?) So the graphics are literally 8th or 9th on their list for importance. If you played DR2, Dead rising 3 has amazing graphics comparably. The graphics are probably the only reason for the fps drops and fade in textures from distances.
    The controls are smoother than before and there are a ton of player upgrades and abilities. I love it

All in all, if you like the Dead Rising franchise, this game takes Dead Rising to a new level. 8.5/10 for me
  32. Mar 2, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is a great game. It's funny and fun. My favorite weapon is the thrust cannon. It shoots out fire and ice, is very powerful, and the design is hilarious. Get this game. You won't regret it.
  33. Feb 27, 2014
    Easily one of, if not, the best game released with the Xbox One. It's certainly not perfect, but aspects of the game make it clear that this generation of consoles will do huge things. The gameplay is amazing. There is such a wide variety of missions, weapons, and enemies. It's tough to get bored of finding new ways to kill zombies - just when I would think I loved using one weapon, a new weapon would come along and become my favorite to use. The same idea goes for enemies and mission types; the game evolves as you become more experienced so that it doesn't overly easy. While the graphics can be a little off during cut scenes or when you travel too quickly using a fast vehicle, they are generally smooth. The game's engine is dynamite. There are thousands of zombies, all with their own, specific coding. Just when you think you've cleared an area, you turn the corner and BOOM, there's another thousand zombies to mow down. Being the first game I played on Xbox One, I feel that there is certainly a little bias. However, Dead Rising 3 is a game that will entertain you for days. Expand
  34. Feb 25, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is personally to me a breath of fresh in a boring dead franchise. Ever since the very first dead rising iv never really cared for them i mean i thought they were ok but i didn't in particularly care for mindlessly killing zombies through a rushed **** storyline. So they never had any interest to me. Even when xbox live was giving away Dead Rising 2 away for free i probably played for 4 hours, got bored and moved on. The games weren't bad, they just weren't my cup of tea. However this is not the case with Dead Rising 3. The storyline is fun and hilarious the weapons are outrageous, even-though the game takes well over 20 hours to be everything for one play through it goes by extremely fast and there are actual benefits for going back in and beating the game on nightmare mode. Also its simply amazing to play with another person in co-op. this game is definitely changed how i look at this franchise and i cant wait to see Dead Rising 4. spoiler alert! Expand
  35. Feb 25, 2014
    Amazing game. I couldn't put it down once I started. The story line is great. I stayed up all night playing it and didn't even realize it. The combo weapons blew me away. I love the fact you can make them on the go. Makes it easier to stay alive. You can stick to the story and finish the game in around 15-20 hours or go exploring and zombie killing and spend 50+ hours on it. The zombie killing never got old for me either. I had a stretch of 3 hours of nothing but zombie killing and didn't even realize that much time had passed. The onky knock I have is the dlc sucks. Could have added even more to the game yet you just don't feel like it's worth the money you spent on it Expand
  36. Feb 25, 2014
    Really great game, if you liked the originals then you will like this game too. They have improved on the original idea and it has a lot more depth. Driving around killing zombies with a car is hours of fun.
  37. Feb 23, 2014
    first off id like to say id give this like an 8.5 but no option is given sadly. anyway this game is great there is so much to do and killing zombies with all the different combo weapons, 98 i believe is so satisfying. the chaos you can create is at times jaw dropping. also the graphics for are gorgeous as well as the dismemberment and the game runs smoothly. the story was my only concern coming into the game and the reason i didn't buy the DR 1 or 2. but the story had a mostly serious tone but had some moments that wernt serious but overall the story was solid. what i love the most is the amount of content in the game with the frank statues to the blueprints,achievements and pp trials to complete. only down side was the story which wasn't bad but not the best and occasional bugs, besides that great launch title for the Xbox one! Expand
  38. Feb 21, 2014
    Fantastic game, a true masterpiece from Capcom! From single-player to playing with friends over the internet, this game is unbeatable fun! Hundreds of weapons and vehicles are to be crafted and used with brilliant animations in this technological masterpiece! With thousands of zombies on screen at any one time, this is easily one of the most impressive games on the market.
    The graphics
    are good, but you would have probably seen better in games such as Forza. However, they don't take anything away from the awesome game-play. I would recommend this game not only to zombies fans, but to casual gamers as well. 10 out of 10. Epic! Expand
  39. Feb 17, 2014
    This game is great! The point of the game is to get to a point in the city where you can be evacuated and you have under 6 days to get there! You have to use your skills along with the blue prints you find to fight your way through hoards of zombies and solve multiple tasks required to reach your final destination.

Overall, the game looks great! It is a cut above the last generation
    so I'm not sure why people are comparing the graphics to the 360 as this has some many Zombies that are way more detailed than either the 360 or the PS3 were capable of.

If there's a game that's close to owning the console for, this is presently it and it is easily better than anything the PS4 has going for it at the moment (In the future the Sony will improve but, right now there's no exclusive better than this).

Anyway, this is a great game and if you bought an Xbox One, this is worth owning.
  40. Feb 17, 2014
    Graphics are 360 quality; the processing is great w/ # of zombies but overall the game is mediocre. Main character is overly emotional and characters way to predictable, gullible, and just plain unbelievable. I understand it's the zombie apocalypse but the way some characters act is just plain ridiculous and laughable. However aside from the crazy story mode there is fun to be had killing masses of zombies and crafting new weapons- easily the the best part of the game. Aside from it all, nothing is missed if you skip this title Expand
  41. Feb 17, 2014
    Gráficos bons e suficientes para um jogo desse tipo. Vale a pena jogar e gerar algumas horas de diversão. O esquema de criar armas é interessante e faz ter vontade de testar todas. Gostei. Nota 8.
  42. Feb 11, 2014
    Dead rising 3 is truely next gen. There are great graphics thousands of thousand of zombies and almost no loading screens. You could not pull that off on the 360 and ps3.There are also lots of combo weapons but I feel that there wasn't enough combo vehicles. The story is alright I did at times hate and love characters but I found that if you don't do any side quests and if you cut out the travel time the story is only like 6 hours long. if your looking to pick up an xbox one I would definetly recomend this game. Expand
  43. Feb 11, 2014
    Not giving a 10 because of the graphics. The game is just perfect in every other way. If you want a game to have fun with - and LOTS of fun - this is your pick.
  44. Feb 8, 2014
    Dead rising three is a good game. Im not a big fan of the go here get this, go to the next town get that, then go back to the same town you were just at. Theres a lot of this in there, but its not that bad. The environments are huge and graphically delicious. The xbox one settings make everything look to sharp and that **** everything up lol
  45. Feb 2, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 still packs zombie killing fun. But...You can't appreciate it with overpowered weapons that can be easily obtained and constant zombie spawning. With no sense of a accomplishment. The story seems very flat and not much thought put into. The psychopaths are very ridicules and you don't need to study them to defeat them. Just simply knee drop them until they die. Kill streaks make it too easy to level up. To simply put it the game has zombie killing fun into it. It falls flat into about everything else. Not a challenging game not a story with much thought put into it, it was very basic. Expand
  46. Feb 1, 2014
    Totally amazing, and eras better than its predecessors. Dead Rising 3 was a blast all around and kept me entertained for hours on end. They showcased their creativity with combo weapons and vehicles, and created a unique story. While confusing and in snippets, the stort is well showcased. Also, one thing that at least raised my review by a point is co-op. This has to easily be one of the best games for grabbing a friend and just killing zombies. I definetly recommend it. This is a worthy new generation game. Expand
  47. Jan 29, 2014
    You better really, really love killing zombies because that's all there is in this game. Hours upon hours of flogging/kicking/punching/gunning/tearing/slicing/dicing/running over of zombies with just about anything you can get your hands on. I'd have no qualms over renting it or borrowing it from a friend for a couple days, but beyond that, I don't know if the price tag is worth a few hours of entertainment. There was also quite a few missions (especially the boss ones) where I had to restart or redo because either a) something that was supposed to happen didn't happen [i.e. something that was supposed to explode to make a path for you didn't explode, the conversation you need to have with a side character just won't trigger, etc. ] or b) an element glitched badly enough that it just didn't...work (i.e. that dude you need to pick up with your car just flew into the wall space and, thus, no longer exists, leaving you forever stranded at the same mission). Expand
  48. Jan 28, 2014
    Last gen available games aside, I now own every console exclusive launch title. I've played most of them to completion and, I can safely say, that this one was the best out of all of them, PS4 and XB1 combined. While it's obvious that each game is from a different genre, there's just a ton more fun and charm with this game. That's not to say this game is perfect. I fully believe that once Titanfall and inFamous 3 come out in March, they will pass this game easily. But from a sheer fun standpoint, this game takes the cake. There's so much to do and collect that it can keep you playing for hours on end. The endless number of zombies on the screen is truly great and I had alot of fun here. There are problems, mainly with the graphics. The Last of Us, a last gen game, looks better than this and that's a huge problem. I don't know if they had to sacrifice graphical power to add all those zombies on the screen but it's a huge blow for the game. Plus, the boss battles, as well as the psycho or optional boss battles, are not very good. They can be clunky and hard to beat sometimes just based on technical problems with the camera or controls, which both are not great. Still, with the average score for all the console exclusive launch titles for both systems being so mediocre, this was easily the best of the bunch for me. There's just so much to say about the amount of fun this game brings to the table. While the core gameplay isn't new, it's still a great game to sit and play for a few hours for some fun. But it will fall behind when some of these games for 2014 are released as it just doesn't have the staying power. But then again, I don't believe a single launch title out of all of them will. Expand
  49. Jan 27, 2014
    I started it, it looks nice, but somehow it could not motivate me to play it more than the first hour. Maybe its because I hoped for something more intriguing, especially after playing The Last of Us on PS3, and I know that those to games should no be compared in any way, but Dead Rising did not get me interested.
  50. Jan 27, 2014
    An amazing zombie game. It has funny side missions, great boss battles, an amazing story line, and not the best- but great graphics. It's amazing by the shear amount of zombies it can hold on the screen. Awesome combos and weapons, and an amazing launch game. If your looking for a fun, open world, grand theft auto like game ( except with zombies), this is the game to get.
  51. Jan 25, 2014
    DR3 promises a next-gen installment of their series, but what they deliver seems a bit far from their advertising. I must add a disclaimer, I seem to be a hot headed gamer, and I did in fact lose my **** a couple of times playing the game, but I feel that it was with the frustration of the game mechanics more so than me just slamming the game for my lack of skill.The DR franchise has always had a tongue-in-cheek appeal to the zombie survival horror genre, and while it was fun to goof around with in the first game, it quickly became stale afterward. The game's lust for bashing endless amounts of zombie skulls met a few road blocks with poorly constructed mechanics that lead to boss fights of rivaling frustrations. In DR 1 the player could shovel through a handful of zombies with no problem, but if a horde showed up (especially after dark) the player had to reconsider taking action as the player could become overwhelmed. When the player faced slow paced enemies there wasn't much of a concern, yet the quicker the enemy, and the longer their range of attack, the more the player suffered with slow and clunky controls. Now, DR 3 fixed that with quick paced movement and an all around improved fighting system. But the game begins to stumble with the larger scaled world the player is dumped into and the smaller details brought out because of the new world.
    First, the car mechanics. Having an open world with four semi isolated sub cities was not just big in the physical sense, but in that it had to give proper attention to each hub while making it not a burden on the player to cross the city. The trouble is that there is so much crisscrossing between neighborhoods that it begins to feel like a burden when a horde of a couple of thousand zeds clog your radiator. The cars seem to fall apart about every mile or so which gets stressful when the next car is the half totaled one you left a few hours ago. The fix for this was adding vehicle mods, which I will agree was hella fun to mow down hundreds of zombies, but they too fell apart rather quickly (particularly when explosive barrels snuck their way under the zombie hives). This is a realistic problem, and Im not complaining about the finite nature of the cars, but the controls of the vehicles were difficult and clunky similar to DR 1's basic controls. Turning was extremely loose, which allows for quick corner turns, but at high speeds the vehicle can easily crash into debris, or explosive barrels that can take out your car in a couple hits. Stopping and changing direction is extremely slow, and resembles Austin Powers stuck in a hallway with a tour guide golf cart. The maneuverability, and durability became an issue with an exceeding number of appearing road blocks as you pass on through the game. It is smart for the developers to make the player rely on the vehicle mod feature, but a flame throwing chopper/steam roller still falls apart the same at an impassible barrier. Again, with the frequency of use of vehicles and travel, this was a small oversight, but causes more frustration than necessary.
    Second , the game felt like too much of an errand run. I understand the need for scavenging for survival, but it began to feel like a grind when most tasks involved running across town and back to finish one mission. The pain of depending on the vehicles was an issue when having to repeat trips, but the player doesn't get any rest with these requests when your radio keeps squawking with similar requests. The player can become overwhelmed with unnecessary tasks if they let them stack up, and they will stack fast. DR 3 never changed from its origin in this regard, which can kill the replay value of the game. The player never has to engage in side missions, but as they pile up alongside the never ending random damsels in distress, there is a never ending source of stress eating at the player. This is not a bad segment of the game, nor one that should be cut out, but it should be cut back and should allow for another style of side mission that doesn't involve mothering the entire city. You should feel some sort of satisfaction and accomplishment from cleaning your dirty dishes, but if your roommate is too much of a stubborn ass to do them , you shouldn't feel the need to take on that responsibility for your own sanity (there may be a trace of a real life scenario here). But hey, maybe you are the type of person that can handle that much nagging, but the game should be about exploring past its core intent to satisfy its player. These developers should be asking what would a player actually enjoy to boost its value and longevity, not something that will become a chore to increase its play time and maybe even trick a player into sticking with the game.
    Anyway, this isn't a formal analysis of DR3, just my immediate thoughts on the game and series.
    Con Queso y Amor
    LT
  52. Jan 23, 2014
    Meh... I don't know what to say. If you played Dead Rising 1 and 2 you've play Dead Rising 3. Story is far to short. The side missions are redundant. Overall Dead Rising 3 will be mildly entertaining for a couple of weeks.
  53. Jan 22, 2014
    Now this is a great launch title for the Xbox One. I never got into the first dead rising on Xbox 360 and never played dead rising 2. but after playing dead rising 3 I Got to admit I'm hooked on this game. Yes you can tell that it was originally made for Xbox 360, but later beefed up and made for The *Awesome* Xbox One.the game is full and I mean full of Zombies at one time with no frame rate drops in site with the madness going on screen. The game has Humor,gore (lots of gore),sweet vehicles and weapons you can create with ease.the only problem I've seen is some times the games freezes for about a second or two but the game runs fine otherwise so far. so with all that said, Dead Rising 3 is one great game for the Xbox One and a must play. Expand
  54. Jan 19, 2014
    Dead rising 3 is a great game and is the best Xbox One launch title. Microsoft did it right when they made it a exclusive for the Xbox One because it made me and a lot of people get a Xbox One for this game. The game did get boring for me though a couple hours after I beat the story. But over all this is a great game and if you have a Xbox One and you don't have this game then you should definitely get this game. Expand
  55. Jan 16, 2014
    Excellent game for an Xbox one launch title. Many, many things to do in the game. I had spent countless hours just using any weapon to hack, slash and absolutely destroy zombies before I even started the story, but once you finish the story, found every collectable, completed all the side missions it doesn't have much more redeeming value. Other than that the game is very enjoyable well worth the money spent on it (if not more), I recommend this game to anyone who likes or loves open world RPG style games, oh and zombies. Expand
  56. Jan 9, 2014
    At first I thought this game was the best thing ever. But after about 10 hours, it was so repetitive that I couldn't bear it. Once you get past the pretty cool weapon crafting mechanics and vehicles, not much is left.
  57. Jan 8, 2014
    I have been a Dead Rising fan since the start, bought all games day one and got level 50 and basically 100%'ed all of them. This is technically the game I've been waiting for for 7+ years. Sure some textures pop in from time to time and some minor glitches occur, but what else would you expect from a launch title? The devs need time to get used to the technology, for example, Kameo wasn't the worst game but DEFIANTLY not the best game. The game doesn't have the best graphics but WHO CARES about graphics? The point is to have fun and what the developers point is to do is to get the point across. Would you want better graphics or more content? Content trumps reso and graphics quality Expand
  58. Jan 6, 2014
    retty fun game overall if you're looking for a slaughterfest but FAR too easy and so generic. The storyline is about as generic as they come and the lines the characters come up with could be written by a 4th grader: "i was bad once but now i'm going good?"

The weapon combos are cool, but waaaaay too powerful. In the original Dead Rising, you actually had to find the right stores and
    such to arm yourself appropriately for each boss etc. DR3? Just build the electrostaff to easily kill every boss in 30 seconds and give your posse split fire guns and you can walk from one side of the city to the other without being touched. Don't have these weapons? Just stop in the safe house and pick up any weapon you want without having to find your way to that nice police armory you worked to unlock. I never once looked for a gun store, or hardware store, or anything outside of weapons lockers and objectives, never once was stuck using a weapon I had to settle for. 40,000+ kills and all the side missions done when I finished the game and still had over 1.5 days left.

Honestly loved the original, but DR3 was so generic and unchallenging it set it back handily. Heck, I finished the game and probably never went below half health and I didn't even bother taking health items with me. A 1000+ kill streak required no planning or thought on my part...

BUT you kill tons of zombies and that's always tons of fun, which is the one redeeming quality of this game.
  59. Jan 6, 2014
    While it does get a little repetitive, it does show off the XB1's power in a fun way by cramming so many zombies onscreen at once.

Graphically it's not going to totally blow you away, but what the game can do with the sheer numbers of zombies is really unlike anything I've experienced in a video game; I'm certain that the 360 could not handle this.

It's a pretty intense game, and
    while it lightens up a little on the time requirements for normal mode compared to previous installments, you're almost never safe, and frustratingly so at times. Just waiting a few seconds for your posse to get in your vehicle is really painful as the zombies inevitably swarm you. Vehicles get blown up in short order, weapons break, and food is sometimes scarce. On the other hand, the game is extremely fair, letting you recreate any weapons or vehicles you've previously held from various lockers and garages.

I'm trying not to give this game a higher score for being a launch title, but I do appreciate what they were able to do with this game given the rush that the development team was certainly under to have it ready on time. Ignoring that, it is an improvement over Dead Rising 1 and 2, and one of the best launch titles on either the XB1 or PS4.
  60. Jan 5, 2014
    I played this game for hours and hours. Finishing with a 30,000+ kill count, then I beat it all over again on Nightmare mode. While it does not contain cutting edge graphics it does bring along fun game play. Ever seen a man in knights armor hit a zombie with a giant teddy bear? You will in this game.
  61. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is actually really fun, Most of the negative reviews are usually from Sony fan boys trying to give every Xbox One game a bad review.

The graphics are actually really good considering how many Zombies it can render on screen at one time. It's one of the nicest Xbox One launch titles and highly recommended.
  62. Jan 1, 2014
    The game was great fun. While my initial impression was that there was very little depth and you just ran around mindlessly killing zombies, after I sought out the various blueprints and achievements the game became a lot more interesting. I played it through and beat the game happily.

Pros: Tons of zombies to kill, endless weapon crafting combos, decent storyline, became interested
    in characters, seamless gameplay, co-op mode can be fun with the right partner, psycho missions were a blast

Cons: Too much travel to the same places in maze-like conditions, weapons wear out very quickly, some of the boss fights were way too easy, too many side missions that they actually became overwhelming

Mixed: Zombies never end, sometimes you just want to clear an area just to find it is completely full again

All in all I would definitely play again. I wouldn't say I would buy the game as it has very little replay value but it was definitely worth the rent.
  63. Dec 31, 2013
    When I bought my Xbox One, there was one game I truly wanted, which was Dead Rising 3. I was planning on buying a PS4, but when this was announced at E3, I jumped ship. And I was not disappointed in the slightest. I had no problems with the frame rate, it stayed 30fps the whole time (I didn't mind 30). The graphics were good, but if you want a game for graphics, play Ryse. This games graphics are not pushing the console's limits, but there is 1 thing that truly matters in games, which is fun factor. This game is probably the most fun I've had since Borderlands 2. You never grow tired of zombie killing. If you are the type of person who only cares about graphics (and you are a terrible person if you are), buy Ryse or Forza. If you enjoy everything that goes into a game, play DR3. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  64. Dec 30, 2013
    a great game. The best deadrising until here. The graphics are not perfect but worth playing cause is very funny.

The game flows very well in the story mode is very cool and go over the zombies with comprensor roll.
  65. Dec 29, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 keeps the player extremely well occupied, with a heavy amount of challenging side missions and collectibles, including blueprints for mad combo weapons and ridiculously fun vehicles. The mechanics are slightly clunky, but this rarely causes any problems. DR3's graphics aren't exactly worthy of being called 'next gen', but this shouldn't matter if you're there to have fun, and besides, this (in a way) adds to the dark, gloomy atmosphere that the game intends. Slashing through overwhelming hordes of zombies is usually entertaining, but true excitement comes when unleashing bizarre, newly constructed combo weapons upon the angry un-dead. You can upgrade your character using attribute points, which are mostly earned through leveling-up. The upgrade system is simple, beneficial, and rewarding. The story line and characters are fairly uninspiring, but this really isn't a focus of the dead rising series. Its about over-the-top humor and having fun. Despite poor character development the main story is surprisingly fun and engaging. I wont say much more as you should discover this yourself.

Of course though, there are the negatives. The controls are a bit stiff and attempting to switch weapon slots, especially when in a rush, can be extremely awkward. It either switches to a weapon I never intended to use, or doesn't switch at all. But the main reason I have only rated Dead Rising 3 a 7/10, is due to the content of the side missions. These usually include carrying out complicated and pointless tasks in order to gain a survivor. You rarely get a valuable reward such as a blueprint or collectible. Some even give you terrible guidance, leaving you having to go on youtube or forums just to understand how to complete them. For instance, one mission entailed me having to carry out a special attack on 5 zombies, telling me I had to click Y+B to do it. It turns out that there was in fact another step in doing a special attack. I didn't discover this until later in the game. Side missions are actually the most important part of this game, seeing as the main story is short and free-roaming isn't really that interesting, so the fact that many of them are extremely annoying damages the game.

Overall, I would still recommend Dead Rising 3, as its a worthy exclusive for the early days of Xbox One.
    It will certainly keep you entertained for a few months, and has many reasons to be played more than once. If your looking for a shiny next gen game I wouldn't even glance, but despite the faults, for its beautiful zombie dicing madness, you wont feel sorry for dishing out £50 ($60).
  66. Dec 29, 2013
    Hundreds of unique zombies on-screen at a time, creative/fun weapons & vehicles to slaughter them with. High replay-ability, decent enough story, co-op play is a huge plus.
  67. Dec 29, 2013
    I'll say right off the bat; to _fully_ enjoy Dead Rising 3, you need to have played the first two games. Anyone who has a cry about the mechanics, the tone of the game, the story or anything else that hasn't done that is just ignorantly flapping their mouths without understanding how the series has evolved. Sometimes those ignorant flappings are well written and coherent, which is lovely, but a lot of the reviews I'm reading here seem to be from people who have no clue what their talking about and/or must really, just really suck at the game. You wouldn't read the third sequel in a trilogy of books and complain you don't know what's going on, so why do it for a video game?

Graphics;
    Let me spell something out for you; Large amount of models Large amount of graphical power used, locking the games FPS was to prevent the nuisance of slowdowns. Could they have used a better work around? Maybe, but it's pretty impressive when you understand that they can literally have THOUSANDS of zombies on screen.

That point defended, yes, some of the textures and models aren't exactly stellar, the burgers look like they're made of candy and some of the other proportions for other items are really odd. From a gameplay standpoint it does make them a little easier to spot against everything else, but I don't think that should have been sacrificed. Character models are reasonably detailed, some of the psychopaths to a more disgusting extent.

Gameplay;
    It's pretty much just Dead Rising 2 but a little more refined, the lack of combo bench now means no more annoying treks when you find a couple items you know fit together, on the flip side, you need the recipes to even put those items together. Combo vehicles are nifty, but altogether they aren't particularly useful except for a laugh and maybe another 10 seconds of driving before it explodes. In Co-op mode, having someone intelligent in the gunner seat does help, but it's a small benefit.

There seems to be a nice progression in the scale of usefulness for the blueprints you find just on your way to side missions and the story missions, you'll find some classic blueprints and having a lot of them that can be upgraded is handy. Of course if you go out of your way to collect them all from the get-go, you're going to be very bored eventually just making your favourite weapons for the rest of the game.

As for difficulty, this game is MUCH easier than previous installments. The locker of combo weapons in the safe houses, unlocking the ability to keep recruitable survivors from actually dying, plentiful health drops even in boss fights, it feels like this game was toned down considerably for the current generation of gamers. If you want the real experience, play it on Nightmare mode.

Audio;
    Zombies moan, guns shoot, things swing, slash and thump. A lot of menu/world sound effects have been recycled from previous games, but that just adds to that feeling of 'Hey, this is Dead Rising.' I do have a small complaint about the voice acting between Nick and Annie, I know they were trying to capture an awkward romance but it just come out entirely awkward.

Story;
    Honestly, pretty meh. The few big reveals they did never really made me go 'Wow, really?!' There were also a few battles that honestly felt like they drew out of a hat and forced them in, in particular was Diego's astronaut freakout battle, that whole thing just had me scratching my head as to why the hell I was even doing it. Some of the psychopaths are also a little too heavy on the satire and just came across as distasteful. The psycho fat woman stuffing her face, the stereotypical asian man in a zen garden, the super buff bodybuilding woman getting mistaken for a man, these all felt like the game was simultaneously trying too hard and not hard enough.

The few nods they have to the previous games are enjoyable for veterans, but in the end it didn't feel like you'd actually accomplished something like you did in the other installments.

_______

To summarise; Dead Rising 3 is an acceptable sequel that does miss the mark on a few issues, but if you're an even half-competent gamer and you're not a graphics-Nazi, you'll get enough enjoyment out of it to justify the spend.
  68. Dec 27, 2013
    Since when have graphics been the core of a game?

Gameplay should be the main focus here and quite frankly this game is incredibly fun. These consoles have only just been released, criticizing graphics by saying that theyre not quite next gen is hilarious when most of you dont even know what next gen graphics should look like. Theyre not fantastic but theyre not hideous either.

Its
    not revolutionary, its simply a game that has been tweaked and modified to be the ideal best DR experience to date. Gameplay is the core of a game, not graphics. Expand
  69. Dec 27, 2013
    It's fun killing zombies and running them over with various vehicles. The story mode is not very well thought out though. Some of the encounters in the game are just strange, this is a very silly game with not much realistic feeling to it. For example. You can catch bugs and crush them so the heads of the zombies close to you explode. For me that just puts me off a little. Another downfall is while you can make some pretty sweet weapons they don't hold up for long and break easy. A good note though is the graphics, for one of the first games on the shelf the graphics are pretty good. So if you like strange silly games this is the game for you. Expand
  70. Dec 26, 2013
    Truth be told, I've never been a fan of the Dead Rising games. I played much of the first one, but the always timed missions was always a turn off. But since I wanted a game on the xbox one that I could sink a lot of hours into, I decided to try Dead Rising 3. For me, it's hit and miss.
    GRAPHICS(8): While the graphics certainly won't blow you away, they are very good. What stands out, of
    course, is the amount of zombies on screen at the same time. Like hundreds...now that's impressive. Everything else, from the character models to the environments, are good but not outstanding.
    PRESENTATION(7); Dead Rising 3 actually does a great job with presenting it's story, with lots of cut scenes and setting up big events with great flare. However, the story itself is so silly and stupid that it makes me wonder why Capcom went through the trouble. And the main character, Nick, is just a douche.
    GAMEPLAY(7): Again, a mixed bag. The zombie killing, weapon building, vehicle building and just the overall moment to moment action is awesome. It's a lot of fun just to run around a beat up zombies. However, so many of Dead Rising 3's gameplay designs hurt it. Why should I go through the trouble of building weapons when they only last for a few minutes? Or vehicles that blow up, again, after a few minutes? I'm ok with weapons and vehicles not lasting forever, but the limit is so short. Also, roadblocks are everywhere in the city, which means anytime you try to get from point a to point b, you have to not only fight zombies, but the streets themselves. And while it's awesome how zombies come at you nonstop, it can be overkill when you can't even pick a weapon up without being mugged. All of these didn't bother me much early on, but by the end of the game I was very frustrated.
    CONTROLS(9): Probably Dead Rising 3's greatest strength, controls are almost perfect, with the one exception being a menu system that could have been more user friendly, especially the map.
    FUN(9): Again, DR3 is a lot of fun. The zombies are insane, and the vehicles are too. Lots to play with.
    OVERALL(7): But ultimately, too many things bother me about DR3. Graphics aren't next gen, weapons and vehicles get used up to quickly, roadblocks everywhere you go, a silly and stupid story. I know a lot of people can look past these things, but I feel like once again the Dead Rising series is good, not great. If there were a more serious story and more freedom from things like roadblocks, maybe it could be great. For now, it's just good...
  71. Dec 26, 2013
    One of the killerapps for the X-box one.
    Really nice game who mantain the essence of the previous ones with some good innovations.
    As all the xbox One games and the console itself you can see it has ben released in rush without perfecting all the details and mistakes but overall is a really good game capable of give you many hours of fun with open world action,thousands of weapons and
    player personalisation.
    Bad point is the main character who doesn't have a presonality and doesen't seem a Tough-zombie-killer as it must be in such a contest.Recommended!
  72. Dec 24, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is the best Dead Rising yet. It finally gives gamers the open world zombie apocalypse game they've been wanting to play. I came into Dead Rising 3 thinking It was going to be a mediocre experience, but to my surprise I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I was expecting to. This is a game that is a lot more fun to play than to watch someone else play. Smashing zombies with the endless amount of weapons never seems to get old in contrast to watching someone else repeatedly bash them. I'm proud to say this is a great Xbox One launch title. In trailers leading up to the game, the graphics looked pretty mediocre and the videos weren't doing them justice, but I have to say playing the game was a totally different experience. They really polished up the graphics before the release of the game. I'm very impressed. The game is a great solid 'next gen' game. The graphics are a big leap in nice crisp resolution and the absence of loading screens in between gameplay segments immerses you into the experience like never before. I'm in continual awe of the amount of detail the game is able to convey on screen at one time. You really feel you are amidst of a real zombie apocalypse. Also, in the trailers, the zombies looked very harmless and not really a threat. But just wait until it turns night time! The cutscenes are also top notch with the characters being very life like and full of emotion. The game like others in the series features tongue in cheek, corny dialogue and characters, but they really nailed it this time. It fits the game perfectly. It helps ease the tension of constantly being surrounded by zombies. Initially the controls feel a bit sluggish, but eventually you get used to them and they aren't game breaking. There is so much in this game, its hard to comment on everything. But most of the things they did right. The only thing that really started to bug me was the constant need of having to check the map to find one little item or blueprint. Overall, I really enjoyed Dead Rising 3. It's one of the most mature brutal games to have ever come out. I hope Microsoft keeps pumping out more mature titles. Expand
  73. Dec 24, 2013
    A good game. Don't expect it to be a survival game because it's not. but it's fun to destroy hordes of zombies using combo weapons and veicles. I recommend it
  74. Dec 24, 2013
    The most important thing Dead Rising 3 had to accomplish is to be fun, and it utterly succeeds! It's also far easier for casual gamers to get in to, as it is not as hard as Dead Rising 2. However, it can be to easy in co-op, which as fun as it is, can take away from the expirence. The story is very straight forward and extremely un memorable. But who plays Dead Rising for the story? We play Dead Rising for the gameplay, which here, like always, is brilliant. The action is fast and fluid, and everything runs so smoothly, except from the occasional glitch. The diaologue is always funny and entertaining, but can feel out of place when the story tries to take a serious tone. The crafting is also wired and wacky, allowing you to make some truly marvellous and creative weapons, each with its own unique feel. Sometimes the gameplay feels a little repetive, but that notion is kicked out the window by the new weapons. This is a game everyone can enjoy, and a real selling point for the Xbox One. Expand
  75. Dec 23, 2013
    This is the first Dead Rising series that I actually like. The fixed some of the issues of the controls and added insanely funny weapons and vehicles. It's kind of like playing Grand Theft Auto with Zombies. Some parts are frustratingly difficult but the inclusion of Smart Glass really makes this game stand out.
  76. Dec 23, 2013
    this game is impressive for the next gen,because of the large amount of zombies on screen without any loading screens,despite the bugs xbox360 like graphics,this game is very funny
  77. Dec 22, 2013
    I have to be honest here, Dead Rising 3 suck big time.
    Now before you start accusing me of being a PS4 fanboy and that I'm jealous, I'm not ok. I own a Xbox One and one of the games I got for it was DR3, and holy do I wish I saved myself $60.
    I've only gotten through 3 chapters before I popped the disk out of the tray for good.
    It's boring for one. Not once did I feel for any of the
    characters I was interacting with.
    Navigating through the world is a chore, it feels loose and unrefined.
    The map is terrible, can't set waypoint (if there is they didn't make it easy to figure out how), you can't tell where you are, they didn't make it easy to set up what your priority mission is, and the menu is a to navigate though.
    The weapon selection and how you manage your weapons is crap to. If you inventory is full, you have to drop what your holding to pick up a health item. So if you're low on health and you've got a hoard of zombies right behind you, good luck with the controls long enough to grab that health without getting swiped at by a zombie. The character has two hands and can only use one of them? bull****.
    All the weapons feel slow and break too easily (I know you can upgrade the health of the weapon but you if you think I'll play through this ****fest long enough to get that). Aiming with a gun is loose and slippery and flies all over the screen, making it hard to do precise aiming.
    And the boss battles, OMG the bikers were so unrelenting they wouldn't let me catch a break to find health or change a weapon because they wouldn't stop throwing malitaves at me. And the main boss, that guy, your character is too slow, and he's too fast. I had to trick the AI into slamming into a pillar for me to get at him. I had to cheat to beat a boss, that should NOT be the case in a game just to get past it. The side missions are garbage, they just tell you to find a collection of items and don't tell you where they are, nice.
    In this collective pile of there was not a single moment where I had fun or had a smile on my face. I remember playing the first one years ago and was immediately turned off at the fact that I was being rushed by a timer. your timer, I'll go at the pace that want. So after skipping the sequel, I heard that DR3 wasn't going to have a timer. That peaked my interest and got me to get the game. While they got rid of the timer, the rest of the game was complete garbage.
    **** this game, I'd have more fun watching a fat guy jump up and down for an hour having his fat rolls fly everywhere.
    One of the worst games on the Xbox One, PS4 fans, your not missing a thing.
  78. Dec 22, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 is a bit of a mixed bag, and in that bag you'll find a lot of fun, a lot of combo weapons, vehicles and good co-op. Unfortunately all that's buried under a pile of crap, the graphics are average at best, but very grainy and give off an un-polished look, the story is short and boring, couple that with abysmal map design and a slew of fetch quest and you've got you're self one average game Expand
  79. Dec 22, 2013
    This game has a few fatal flaws here's a list ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Missleading Navigational compass. Road blocks that prevent vehicles from traveling short distances. Uneven difficulty that's sometimes too easy and too hard Online lag Slowdown when too much action is on screen Low Res texture pop in Load Times that last nearly 2 minutes everytime you die. Aside from these issues the game has the best melee combat, shooting controls seen in any other third person action game. The multiplayer is also well implimented. It's a shame they didn't delay the game to fix these problems.

I'd like a sequel or reworked edition to address this game's issues. I'd also like to suggest putting in a death match and local multi player mode. Since you play a mechanic, why not fix broken vehicles?
  80. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is literally the only game worth buying so far of the PS4 and Xbox One launch titles, in amongst the vast sea of pure launch title this little gem has surfaced, looks great, plays great, the sheer amount of chaos you are capable of is amazing in itself. The story is cool, the main character is likeable, one negative reviewer pointed out the duels are too hard, if the duels are too hard you must be dire at this game, I have not clocked a single death thus far and my complaint would be that the game is too easy!

As for frame rate... if you clock the game at 60fps and then get drops to 30 and lower, your eyes will notice that, it will be jarring. If you lock it at 30fps and it stays that you will adjust to that and it will not be jarring, and, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of zombies within a couple hundred meter radius of your character (I just had a 500zombie kill streak about 10 minutes ago) for there to not be framerate issues in amongst that chaos is great, but the very reason it's locked to 30fps.

Of course in an ideal world it'd clock a consistent 60fps+ and stay there, but the PS4 and Xbox One just aren't capable of that like a PC is!

And then there's the people saying 720p vs 1080p. Seriously I bet most people saying that have no idea of the difference and likely use a TV for their console anyway to all of you out there, try a high spec PC monitor (which will be cheaper than a ****ter quality TV) and witness your console displaying something you never thought it could. I have no idea why that information is kept secret...
  81. Dec 20, 2013
    This is the best launch title since Halo Combat Evolved.
    The Dead Rising series just keeps getting better. The story is similar to the precious titles; Discover why this happened and try to escape, but nobody really plays these games for the story. The graphics although not going to take your breath away are still a noticeable step up from the previous generation console. The game has had
    over a thousand zombies on screen at once, while gas canisters explode around me, setting zombies on fire, and raining blood all around my player, all while driving in a combo vehicle and maintaining 30 fps. The characters also show more noticeable emotion in their facial expressions.
    Everything I disliked about the previous titles is gone! You can save on the fly, The time restraints are much more relaxed, you can make combo weapons and vehicles anywhere, and you have access to multiple safe houses where you can resupply on any item you have ever picked up, or garages where you can reclaim any vehicle you've ever driven. I understand that this does decrease the difficulty of the game a bit, but the added fun factor massively out ways the negatives.
    The game is gory vulgar and everything else you should expect from a AAA zombie massacre game. Over the top violence and humor that goes well beyond being suggestive is the bread and butter of this game. The coop feature works very well also. There are few things more fun than teaming up with a buddy and plowing through hordes of zombies. I would give the game a 9.5 were that an option. The only reason being the not quite outstanding graphics, but since it is not an option I round up to 10. Buy this game it is reason enough to purchase an Xbox One!
  82. Dec 18, 2013
    sdcsdcsdcsdc ds sd vdsv sdv dsv dsv sd vsdv sdb adfb sdgfns fgns fgnsfgn sfgnsf gnsfgns fgnsfg nsfgn sfgnsf gnsfg nsfgn sfgns fgnstn arger grG ARGAERG AEWRGAE RG
  83. Dec 18, 2013
    I've played all dead rising's, each game has been a step forward into greatness, perfection, trying to achieve THAT zombie game that Capcom has been trying to make in the past years and my God they have finally done it, done it so well. The look and feel...is no match to the other DR's, playing the game itself is just smooth as hell experience, the game looks really great, NOT bad all as dumbasses claim, the open world and its environment is believable..(I'll stop my review here, it..)

Its Sad to see all these Negative comments by unintelligent 12 year old's, Children that have never even touched an Xbox one, that haven't even seen a single trailer for DR3, then make some rant talking out of their ass, stating facts that will never happen in your experience with this game, they don't know what the their talking about, they're just a few little kiddies that have nothing better to do or they're some little fanboy, most likely some Sony kiddie, grow the up.....If you an Xbox one and don't know what to get, get this game you WON"T be disappointed.
  84. Dec 18, 2013
    Dead Rising 3 accomplishes what it sets out to do. It shows what next gen truly means, without being the flashiest game out there. If you're looking for a purely fun game for your new console, Dead Rising 3 is for you. If you're looking to accomplish everything this game has to offer (Nightmare mode, PP trials, blueprints, collectibles) expect to spend a good deal of time with it. Next gen is about having more, and Dead Rising 3 definitely has that. Make sure to use the SmartGlass app to get the most out of your experience. This is one game that truly lets SmartGlass shine. Expand
  85. Dec 18, 2013
    A really fun game, with some of the frustrations of the old Dead Rising corrected, and a staggering number of Zombies on-screen. It's story is still by-the-numbers, but most of the characters have enough personality to make you care a little bit at least about saving them.
  86. Dec 16, 2013
    Fun game, occasional texture pop in can get very annoying. Seeing 1000 zombies on the screen at one time with almost no noticeable lag (except for one point) is an awesome experience. Graphically this game lets itself down but in terms of fun, Dead Rising 3 greatly delivers
  87. Dec 16, 2013
    This installment to the Dead Rising series is a welcome change to its predecessor Dead Rising 2. The grapchics got a very welcome update among other things which I won't ruin for people. I really enjoyed the game as Xbox One really does take you on a great experience regarding gameplay and constructing different items and vehicles. This game is by no means perfect but certainly a step in the right direction. Also, NO LOADING SCREENS! that is all Expand
  88. Dec 15, 2013
    I'm just sticking to the single player here and so far it is amazingly fun. Lots to do, lots to play with and lots of zombies to creatively kill. What else could you possibly want in a zombie game like this?
  89. Dec 14, 2013
    I always loved the Dead Rising series, but it always had some frustrating design flaws that marred the overall experience and made it hard for me to recommend to all.

From unfair, tedious boss battles to a frustrating save system all of that seems to have taken on board and I think unshackled the game from it's well-meaning, but clumsy predecessors.
  90. Dec 13, 2013
    The best dead rising of all. It's more funny than both previous ones and the save system is better. The countdown is not so stressful. The best game in Xbox One in this moment.
  91. Dec 12, 2013
    The best launch title I played, constantly amazed by the graphics both in game when you cram hundreds of zombies on screen and the cutscenes with mind blowing textures. Yet the most impressive aspect of the game is the improvements that Capcom have made to the game play in every sense, the story, the NPC's, the item crafting and most importantly the improvement to the fluidness of in game play it's no Assasins Creed but it is no longer a jerky horrid mess, it now plays like the action game it should be.

I really did not like the first two games, but this game is in every sense a title worthy of having a series of games built around it, as well as the crown for best exclusive launch title.

9.0 It is the best showing and most fun you will get on a next gen launch title.
  92. Dec 12, 2013
    I'm not a big zombie game fan, but there's a lot of fun to be had in the game. It looks good, and plays good. Just wandering around finding blueprints and making crazy weapons to beat up zombies is an absolute blast. A few nods to Capcoms Street Fighter franchise exist in the weapons, and I'm sure there are others to find too.

Great launch game.
  93. Dec 11, 2013
    While its definitely apparent this was originally intended for Xbox 360 it still looks pretty good on the Xbox One. Pros- Thousands of zombies on screen, more variety of zombies, more lenient time scale, tons of hilarious weapons, vehicles, and costumes, nice lighting and particle effects, single and co-op play tons of fun. Cons- Occasional glitches, graphics look like a slightly beefed up version of a 360 title. Expand
  94. Dec 10, 2013
    Excellent coop game available for the xbox one. I can understand some fans of previous games complaining about the time restraints not as tight as Dead rising 1 and 2 but there is a nightmare mode which reduces the time you have and also the zombies are harder and the safe points are reduced. Due to the mass of zombies on screen this does slow down the graphics but the gameplay of slaughtering zombies never lets up on latter in the game with thousands of zombies on screen and my enjoyment never stopped rolling them over. Needs coop to fully enjoy the game trying to beat each other wearing the silliest clothes and best combo weapon. The launch games for the xbox one this is the one I have enjoyed the best. Highly recommended playing coop you loose something playing single player. Expand
  95. Dec 9, 2013
    This game is fun as the same DR1 & 2, feels better in the gameplay, more weapons to use (now you really grab everything in the game), the word is bigger and the jokes for fans are great: same formula, only better
  96. Dec 9, 2013
    Taking it for what it is, a zombie kill-a-thon, it is a tremendous amount of fun. The sheer amount zombies you can encounter is like nothing I have seen before, and feeling them encirling you does add to the excitement. I havent played any of the previous versions, but would recommend this game to anyone who has a xbox one.
  97. Dec 8, 2013
    Wonderful title to have at launch. The best Dead Rising since the first game. It may not be the most amazing looking launch title but for the amount of zombies on screen at one time, there's no denying that this game looks and runs really well. Nice ties to the older game's story lines. The number of weapons you can craft in this one is astounding and most of them are fun and useful. While it may not quite have the wackiness of the original games, it's still pretty damn silly. A must have for any Xbox One owner. Expand
  98. Dec 8, 2013
    There is no denying you can have a ton of fun in this game killing zombies in almost any way you can think off. The graphics are solid with huge number of zombies on your screen. It has a few glitches here and there but if you love killing zombies this is the game for you
  99. Dec 8, 2013
    Amazing game. Personally, I am a huge zombie fan, and this satisfied my desires of a simulated zombie apocalypse. Sometimes, the crazy amount of zombies gets annoying because they simply re-spawn once you walk far enough (even if you clear the premises). Open world with majority of places available to explore.
  100. Dec 4, 2013
    I've played all the Dead Rising games and have to say I am completely satisfied with DR3. Excellent gameplay, great graphics, enjoyable story, fun characters... it's got all of these elements and more.

1. Jul 2, 2014
    Get ready for a new generation of zombie-slaying thrills where there's only minimal gameplay to get in the way of the thrills!
  2. May 11, 2014
    Out of all the Xbox One launch titles Dead Rising 3 is definitely the most entertaining. There's no denying that mowing down crowded streets full of zombies isn't a guilty pleasure. What Dead Rising 3 lacks, though, is next generation visuals. The game could easily pass as a fancy looking Xbox 360 title. [Feb 2014]
  3. Mar 5, 2014
    The variety of weapons is once again Dead Rising’s biggest strength, but despite it being a sandbox game it quickly reveals all its secrets and becomes tedious. [03/2014, p.60]