7.1

1. Dec 21, 2013
    Okay, honestly, this game was better than expected. I really love side strollers.
    It's real fun, and something different to offer. The story is great, and one thing I really like is the gameplay, controls, and setting.
    It's worth it.

Absolutely better than expected.
    Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone!
  2. Dec 21, 2013
    Wow! This is another pleasant surprise game for the xbox one. This is one of the best downloadable titles I've played on any system. The production values are pixar-like. This is a great old school platformer that focuses on gorgeous backgrounds, simple gameplay mechanics, tight controls, and putting a smile on your face. What I love is that this is a thinking sidescroller but it also flows well. Its not just one puzzle after another. The game has a strong sense of progression than just the puzzles themselves. Also, the gameplay is creative and unique. I hope, this company makes more games like this one or at least with the soul of this one. Also, I hope Microsoft continues to help fund projects like these! One of my favorite games in awhile!! Totally recommend!!! Expand
  3. Dec 21, 2013
    The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is better than I expected. If you like classic feeling side scrollers Max will surely put a smile on your face. Highly recommended.
  4. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is one of the crown jewels of the Xbox One launch. The story is silly yet fun, the game-play addictive yet not repetitive, the graphics are beautiful and complement the art style masterfully, the game runs at a constant 60fps without any hiccups. If you're on the fence about this game, take the leap, I did and I found my favourite game on the Xbox One
  5. Dec 22, 2013
    Amazing game with amazing pixar graphics, cool story which reminds me of old classical game stories, retro games on NES and SNES. Amazing gameplay with awesome mechanics. The whole idea of the pencil drawing items in the real world is a good idea, and while it was decently accomplished on IOS and PC, the game is way more fun with its amazing graphics.
  6. Dec 23, 2013
    Great game, this is the first Xbox One game I have 100% achievements. Its not too hard, but I didn't mind playing the game again and again to get the achievements and challenges!
  7. Dec 23, 2013
    I just finished Max The Curse of Brotherhood, and completed all the achievements (1000/1000, plus the timed achievements), and obviously I liked the game quite a bit. It's an action platformer, and as you progress you gain different abilities in order to solve puzzles. Abilities include creating earth pillars, tree branches, vines, water rapids, and fireballs, and in many instances you have to combine several of these abilities in quick succession to progress through the game.

The game looks good pretty much like a Pixar cinematic I really enjoyed the different scenes and little activities/details going on in the background while continuing through each level. The story itself was pretty much a throw-away for me. I didn't really care for it, but it was cute I guess. I didn't play the previous "Max" game.

The game controls fairly well. It was frustrating at times, but that probably has more to do with me than the game. I don't play many platformers. Max uses a "magic marker" to draw different abilities, so you have to use the right trigger and the A button to draw things, and delete them using X with the right trigger. All-in-all it felt seamless. I never ran into an issue with not being able to draw things quickly while action was getting tense. There are some instances when the game goes into a sort of bullet-time mode, which gives you a few extra moments to draw things.

There were set times when the game records your gameplay automatically, which I thought was cool. Instances when you're solving a puzzle for the first time get captured so your friends can see how good you were the first time around, or how bad you failed.

Suffice it to say, because I was able to 100% the game, it must be somewhat easy. I feel like I got my money's worth, and would recommend this game if you've got an XB1 and you like platformers. I'd say it took me about 7-8 hours to fully complete the game/achievements, but I'm a very slow gamer. I like to explore until I get bored. If you're good, you can definitely finish this game in like 3-4 hours, if that. Getting all the achievements might take a little bit more time, but not much, I'm sure. Hope this helps.
  8. Dec 23, 2013
    This is a good game. I had a lot of fun playing it. Reminds me a bit of Limbo but obviously not as dark. If you can imagine Limbo as a Pixar movie you got it. I am not sure how far through the game I am but I think maybe 1/3 of the way. It may not have much replay value but it is a nice surprise game and the price ($15) is completely reasonable.
  9. Dec 24, 2013
    In a one word review I would say this game was "fun". It will take you around an hour or so to get a grasp of the controls but once you do the experience will take over. With beautiful graphics and creative puzzles this game is a must by especially since it is under $20 bucks.
  10. Dec 24, 2013
    fresh air to platform games. very funny and easy to play. No nextgen graphics but very nice and integrated. This game is a must have if you are platform game lover.
  11. Feb 17, 2014
    Like this game a lot. I hesitated for a while wasn't quite sure if it was for me. Glad I decided to give it a go.Really fun game. Well worth the price. Looks fabulous on Xbox One.
  12. Mar 3, 2014
    This is an absolute outrage on how this game is getting such low reviews. Seems like its just a bunch of PS4 fanboys coming on here giving negative reviews to Xbox games.

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is up there with Resogun and Flower for quality and gameplay for an arcade game on Xbox One. It's only $15 and is a great pick up for a large variety of audiences. I did not find the
    controls frustrating in any way like others are stating. Trial and Error? Maybe if that's how you choose to play it. This is puzzle game that has basic puzzles to start and as you progress they get slightly difficult. The game is meant to be fun and enjoyable. The 1080p 60fps gameplay and colorful visuals make it enjoyable to watch. The most difficult part of this game is the timed puzzles where you are running away from enemies. Very rarely there are some jumps/sections that might not be set up right and you fall to your death repeatedly until you pass that section. This may be the only issue with this game. It's not that glitchy at all.

If you enjoy games play Rayman: Legends, Limbo, and mini arcade games. This is one of the best pick ups on Xbox one right now.
  13. Dec 23, 2013
    Game looks amazing and really fun to play. If they had integrated smart glass as an alternate way to draw then I would have given it a 10. Really a nice diversion to all the shooters and a great way to spend time with the family.
  14. Dec 28, 2013
    Fun,challenging,and cinematic. Me and my family had a blast playing this puzzle platformer this Christmas. It's just as fun to play as it is to watch. Graphics of this game on my Plasma is bonkers. I'm looking forward to more of these type games this Gen. Salute to Press Play for developing such a nice game at a good price.
  15. Dec 31, 2013
    Awesome game. Love the style and the puzzles. 1 point short of 10 because I think they could have done more with some of the secrets and made the game even bigger. Had a lot of fun, not too frustrating but not too easy either. I cracked up when I saw mostacho, what a villain. And his mustache statue I passed through one of the levels. Just awesome. Good price tag which is why I grabbed it. I'll remember this game Expand
  16. Jan 2, 2014
    The first and only game i have completed 100% including all achievements. I bought ti was it is cheap and there are a limited supply of next gen games right now. However what I got was a huge suprise. Dont get me wrong, its not next gen, this could have been done on the 360 but it still looks beautiful and the game play is superb. I really enjoyed this experience and it kept me busy for a good few days. One of my games of 2013 along with the last of us. Expand
  17. Jan 30, 2014
    Cheap and cheerful. Entertaining puzzles but they will get a little repetitive.

Better than what I thought it would be with fabulous next gen graphics.

Good platformer for the price
  18. Feb 8, 2014
    Nice little game for a very very reasonable price. Beautiful graphics, nice look & feel and the game has been made with a lot of attention to detail. Very original gameplay! Maybe to easy, but what is wrong with easy once in a while?
  19. Feb 14, 2014
  20. Dec 25, 2013
    This game is an absolute must buy for all Xbone owners. Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is a charming, enjoyable, and intelligent game with puzzles ranging from easy as pie, to hard as hell. The graphics are absolutely stunning and really help bring the world to life. If you've heard certain reviewers complain about the controls in the game, never fear, they have no idea what they are talking about. This game controls easily and precisely (based on your skill level of course).

In conclusion, this game is definitely worth the purchase. You won't regret it.

21. Dec 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A super addictive and fun! Worth checking out! The are doing quite fun, full of challenges, looks up to a kkk limbo so that color. The story is deep andis, better envouvente. The graphics are very good for being an indie. It is generic as they say, he train his own brilliance. Expand
  22. Dec 26, 2013
    Outstanding graphics and level design. All the stages are very well made with great puzzles and excellent controls. Everything works perfectly with max, even its simple story, where it doesn't lose time trying to be consistent, but focusing in entertain. Max is a delightful surprise for 15 bucks, and worth every second you play it.
  23. Jun 1, 2014
    A good simple platform game. Great visuals make it a pleasure scrolling through the levels. The puzzles are well thought out and might have you getting stuck from time to time.
  24. Jun 5, 2014
    Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is a nice, simple sidescroller accompanied by graphics equivalent to an animated film, and is a challenging and enjoyable platformer to play when you're just bored.
  25. Jun 6, 2014
    Surprisingly ok game that I downloaded recently with games with gold. Has an interesting gameplay feature using a magic marker (literally) in game of course that works and doesn't at the same time. The story is fairly silly and childish which again works and doesn't. It can be a fun play at times.
  26. Dec 28, 2013
    I was on the fence about this game because of the average reviews, but I am so glad I bought this. This game gives me that old school plat former vibe but with a creative new twist, the marker. The marker adds a new dimension to the platformer genre and really spices up the gameplay. The game has beautiful graphics and a unique art style that compliments the game well.

As for the
    controls, I don't see how anyone could have any issues. They are extremely easy to grasp and don't hinder the game in any way. The levels are diverse and unique and really show off the excellent gameplay. The game is not that long, around 5-6 hours for me, but there is replay value in the form of eye collectibles, artifact pieces, and achievements. This game is a platforming gem and if you enjoy the genre I highly recommend it. I am having a lot of fun playing this game and I believe this game deserves a much higher rating. It is only $14.99 so go pick it up and have a blast.

Graphics/Art Style-9
    Gameplay-9
    Replay Value-9

Overall-9/10
  27. Dec 30, 2013
    Great game too be honest. It is fun and challenging at the same time. It also has an interesting storyline. All in all, i think that the game is at least worth a try.
  28. Jan 13, 2014
    Very good and fun game that'll give you ~6 hours of solid entertainment. It's not the most challenging game, but is challenging enough to keep you having to work just enough to get past the next puzzle. Many of the other reviews have touched on many of the positives, but I think its simple enough to say that if you own an Xbox One, this is a great game to have. Don't expect a full AAA experience, but this is also an indie title with a budget price. Expand
  29. Jan 24, 2014
    Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is an example of what downloadable titles on Xbox One should be like. It's a beautiful game, it gives you your money's worth, and it's a lot of fun. I was blown away by this title, and it just falls short of a 10 in my opinion.
    GRAPHICS(10) Max is simply a beautiful game. It's also very diverse, as you will cross through forests, deserts, caves, waterfalls,
    etc. Even a week after playing it, I would still shake my head thinking about how pretty everything looks.
    PRESENTATION(9): Microsoft Studios does an excellent job of presenting the story, with beautiful cutscenes throughout the game. There are some portions of the game, however, that do lack story advancement, but it's a very minor complaint.
    GAMEPLAY(10): Max has a brilliant mix of platforming and exploration. At times it can be difficult, however, so be prepared for a few frustrating moments.
    CONTROL(8): Maybe the only part of the game with legitimate issues. The controls are certainly not bad, but when things get difficult, the flakiness of the controls can cause problems. Again, nothing big, but definitely a minor drawback.
    FUN(10): I really had a lot of fun playing Max. The story is at times funny, the overall atmosphere is great, and the gameplay is really challenging.
    OVERALL(9): With it's minor issues of player control and some overly difficult, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood just misses a 10, but this is still my most enjoyable experience on the Xbox One so far next to Ryse.
  30. Feb 3, 2014
    Beautiful Pixar-like graphics and fun puzzle platforming are what make this game great. The puzzles are challenging without being too frustrating so that when you solve a tough one you feel smart. The pace is good and there are some fun action sequences. Definitely worth the low price.
  31. May 26, 2014
    Probably the best platformer game since Super Mario. The marker is awesome with all the powers and abilities you get while going deeper into the story. Great puzzles where you need to use the environment and things in clever ways to move on. The last boss fight is epic. A lot of replay value. Story will take around 7 to 8 hours to bea. 100% recommended
  32. May 29, 2014
    This game in a word is... fun. The story is charming and brilliantly narrated. It has imaginative levels & Max has some very creative special abilities. It's atmospheric, and the game feels very well produced and polished...as if Pixar has been working on it. Of course, it's not Dark Souls when it comes to difficulty, but so what. This is a different game. It's not designed to frustrate you. It has good puzzles, some deaths, and plenty of surprises, but not to the point where you'll throw you're gamepad away. I played this game with my eight year old daughter and we both loved it. It's an excellent choice for a family friendly game, but not by any means saccharine. If you're looking for some good classic gaming fun in a modern 2D platformer go for this. At the price they are selling it for it's an absolute bargain. Expand
  33. May 29, 2014
    This game is fantastic!! Very creative and you need to think quickly in this game. Graphics are very animated and colorful. I thoroughly enjoyed this game and its free on Xbox One in June.... Hope they make a sequel. This game was seriously underrated and did not receive the spotlight I believe it should have....
  34. Jun 6, 2014
    All I can really say is thank goodness this is part of the Games with Gold for the Xbox one. While the mechanics are interesting and work for most of the game, when it comes to the final boss battle, they actually hinder your ability to effectively combat Mustachio. And the ending seems a bit rushed and lack luster in my opinion.
  35. Jun 7, 2014
    Very good and entertaining game, with great looks and fun gameplay, worth the 6-8 hours of gametime.
    And with the Xbox games with gold this was totally a great first release
  36. Jun 7, 2014
    This game is bad for being free. Please don't listen to these 10/10 reviews as they are obviously from the game's devs. Seriously though this game is bad for being FREE. Stupid puzzles and outrageously slow gameplay.
  37. Jun 7, 2014
    Childs play. However, anything that encourages children to use their brains should be rewarded. Another important facto, which influenced my strong review was Microsofts use of symbolism and allusion within the story. The villain symbolic and absolutely hilarious rendition of the creator of the universe (GOD). The story is somewhat cheesy, but it is for children. The puzzles are somewhat simple, but it is for children. It reminds me of a modernized N64 classic. Expand
  38. Jun 8, 2014
    Great graphics set this platformer apart from the classic counterparts. Working with the magic marker may seem gimmicky but is an actual fun addition to interact with the environment and solving puzzles. Intuitive handling makes this game easy to just pick up and play. You can't go wrong with this when it's on discount sale.
  39. Jun 16, 2014
    Great game if you're into puzzle games. The graphics look great and the storyline is mediocre. For me this game was great due to the ingenuity of some of the puzzles. I would definitely like to see a bit harder ones added but being as I played this free with games w/ gold I can't complain. I could see this being a 15-20$ title easily. If they released some DLC I would happily buy that for an extra couple stages. Expand
  40. Jun 18, 2014
    First of all, I haven't finished the game yet. Hopefully, I can come back here and edit this review. I suggest anyone wanting to play this game ti completely ignore the 43 (Red Reviews) as most of those are from Sony PS4 childish fanboys who are trying to forth the User's Score to a low level. The lowest I can see this game getting is a 6/10. I heard everything about how the game was very hard and unfair. How the controls were terrible and unresponsive at times. This couldn't be more further from the truth. The game is excellent. The graphics are well done.

You play as Max, the older brother of Felix. Max comes home from school and sees his little brother playing with his toys and smashing some cars and trucks. Annoyed with having a pain in the butt little brother Max decides to get rid of his brother. He finds a spell on the internet and chats it. This opens a interstellar space/time hole to another world. Felix is sucked in and Max jumps through after him. Max must now rescue his brother from the evil Mustachio and his scary monsters. Max will slide, swing, jump, fall and soar in the air as he tries to get through each challenging environment. There are lots of puzzles to solve and dungeons to explore. The game can get difficult. You're going to die a lot, but thankfully there are lots of checkpoints to keep you moving forward. Along the way you'll meet a magical witch who gives you a large market with the powers to create ropes, pillars, waters funnels and fireballs. You will need to use these abilities with you platforming skills to get through eat level. Most of the puzzles are easy, but there are a few tough ones that will challenge you. Think "Limbo" like challenges. The game is pretty long. I thought I'd beat it in a couple hours, but I've been playing it for more then 4hrs now. I beat Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons in 2-1/2 hours. Max's game is about 4-6 hours and you'll still have to go back and gather all the collectibles to be found in the game.

The game is a lot of fun and there is some humor and scares here and there. The controls are pretty precise. Not sure why some people didn't like how it played. Thankfully, you can control Max in midair or else this game would be a lot harder. This is a must have, especially since it's currently FREE on XB1. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it. I'm giving this game a 9/10 as it has everything I love in a platforming game. The only thing that's a little weak is the story.
  41. Jun 19, 2014
    This is the sequel to Max and the magic marker and if you have played that one you will recognize the mechanics. You have a marker that you can use to draw objects in the levels to help you progress. The game itself is a fairly standard platformer, although the graphics are quite good. There are collectibles scattered around the levels for you to find, some of them are quite difficult to find and I enjoyed this part most of all even though I am not usually a collectibles kind of guy.

The main problem in the game is twofold. One, Max simply is not very likeable and has far to few lines of dialogue. Two, the puzzles tend to get reused during the levels. On the positive side, the boss fights are fun, the graphics are excellent and if you are playing for the achievementsthis this is an easy game. I got the full 1000 gamerscore without much trouble.

All in all a fun, lightweight game that has some issue. I give it a (strong) 6/10.
  42. Jun 20, 2014
    For what it was, it was an amazing time. It wasn't awfully original but the music and scenery was gorgeous.
    I personally found myself reacting and solving puzzles with a touch more anxiety and speediness because while Max was trying to save his brother, he was just a kid himself. The game will definitely engage and impress you, but something felt a bit missing. Perhaps more
    characterization (but who could fairly ask that of a jump puzzle game)? Nevertheless, I highly recommend it! Expand
  43. Jun 21, 2014
    I played for a few hours straight. A very addictive game. I wasn't expecting much form a free game for the xbox one. Really well done. The mechanics are top notch.
  44. Jun 29, 2014
    What a great little gem of a game! Colourful graphics, fantastic level design and great game mechanics. I wasn't going to even look at this if it wasn't free with games for gold, but glad I downloaded it! Even at the normal price of £11.99 you would get a bargain.
    The game vaguely reminds me of abes odeysee which includes the charm, thought out puzzles and suspense of being tailed by
    foes. If you like that sort of game you won't be disappointed with Max curse of brotherhood!
    PROS:
    Gorgeous graphics, looks like a Pixar movie in places!!
    Inventive & ingenious level design
    Bargain if you get free with games with gold, even if you pay the full price it's worth it!
    CONS:
    A little too short, can be completed easily in a day, wanted more
    Story is forgettable, Max's voice can grate a bit!

Overall a 9 out of 10 from me, a little gem!!

Honest and unbiased reviews from Steelselecta!
  45. Jul 2, 2014
    I know this review is late, but this game has impressed me to the extent that I feel it necessary to actually review it at this late stage.
    Despite obviously being intended for younger audiences, the game holds its ground well in difficulty, art style, and plot. The game indtoduces a new concept regularly, so using different materials like vine, earth, branches, water etc. This leads to
    gameplay and puzzles that are consistently unique. The best levels are those where you have to use multiple types of materials in cooperation, so you can progress.
    This is an intelligent, well thought-out game that can easily justify £10/$15, and luckily, you can get it for free w/ Games with Gold. My advice is... Go for it!
  46. Jul 3, 2014
    Was going to overlook this game. Holy !@#$ I'm glad that I didn't! It starts off a little slow, but stick with it. Game gets insanely good! Suprised me on several occasions. Even had me going HOLY $#@! WTF! O_O SWEEEEEET!
  47. Jul 5, 2014
    I got this game for free off of Xbox's "Games for Gold" system, and boy am I glad I did not pay a penny for this game, because if I had I would have been SOOO heated! The graphics are okay. They look pleasantly cartoony but glitch quite frequently. The physics engine is absolutely broken which is quite sad, as that is the only part of this game that really matters. It is "a physics based puzzle game" where the physics don't work half the time. The entire game is based off of the physics, but oftentimes I felt frauded by doing a puzzle right and then it not working because the objects within the puzzle glitched or moved in a completely unnatural way. Then I would do the puzzle the exact same way and it would work, but it wouldn't be satisfying because I died before while making no mistake.

Also, the entire game feels like a huge tutorial level. You get a power for your pen, you use it for a couple of levels, and then you get a new one, and then you use it for a couple of levels, and this continues until you reach the final boss which is the only moment where everything comes together and it feels like you learning all of those powers was worthwhile in the slightest.

The gameplay is also extremely slow paced. Every few levels there will be a relatively exciting part (which isn't saying much) where you will slide down a hill and then use your pen in slow motion. This would be fine if they weren't the only exciting parts and they weren't almost exactly the same every time.

Another thing that kind of annoyed me is the puzzles make you think that you can solve them in a bunch of different creative ways, however when it actually comes down to it, you have to draw the shape it wants you to pixel perfect just to get the puzzle to work at all. The puzzles are all based off of a gimmick that isn't entertaining, which is drawing differently shaped lines.

Overall this game is just absolutely awful. Normally I wouldn't complain because it's a free game, but I honestly felt like I should have been payed for playing this game because of how tedious and boring it was. But I wasn't, unlike all of the developers that wrote the massive amount of positive reviews you see here. If you are considering buying this game for any amount of money, please don't. I'm sorry if this sounded like a rant instead of a review, but it's honestly just that bad of a game.
  48. Jul 8, 2014
    A surprisingly fun game. Overall, I like the game's puzzle mechanics and its light-hearted nature. I'm all for "hardcore" games, but I enjoy diversions like Max from time to time. It's about average in terms of length for a downloadable game, roughly 4-5 hours from start to finish if you just want to beat it. The game isn't particularly hard as it's very generous with checkpoints and you're not punished for dying.

The replay value kicks in when you try to collect all Eyes and Medallion pieces. There are also multiple achievements for beating levels without dying which make the game considerably harder and slow down the pace as you have to make sure that everything is set before you make your move.

My biggest issue with the game is the inconsistent frame rate, especially considering the games visual. It's not an ugly game by any measure, it just doesn't look like something that should have frame rate hiccups and some screen tearing on new hardware that can handle games like Ryse and Forza 5 without any problems. The platforming is also a little loose for my taste, which when combined with the frame rate hiccups, can lead to some frustrating deaths when going for those No Death achievements.

I would definitely recommend giving the game a try, regardless of your age, especially since it's free for the month of July (it was also free in June).
  49. Jul 10, 2014
    Not sure why this game has received negative reviews. It is by no means a 10/10, perfect game; but it is fun, with great visuals and is at times challenging- whilst still being "fair". No-one likes a game which is so hard that it becomes frustrating, and this game is FAR from that- with it being challenging enough to not feel easy, yet staying away from being frustrating.

The game
    itself is fairly short, which is why I've given it an 8. However, if you're after all of the achievements, then there are a few hours more gameplay in it- providing of course that you complete the achievements on your own accord rather than looking online for guides. I thoroughly enjoyed basically playing the game for a second time in order to find all of the eyes and shards.

What makes it even sweeter is that I got it for free thanks to games with gold, and I believe at the time of writing it is still free. Well, well worth the download. I'm not sure what the price usually is so I can't say if its worth the money, but for a game which is 8/10 (in my opinion, of course) you cannot go wrong.
  50. Jul 16, 2014
    This is a game I wouldn't buy but it was free!! I have to admit I haven't played much of it but my 6 year old loves it and she can play it with minimal help. I played last night for alittle bit and it wasn't to bad kind of easy with some spots being challenging, I rated it a 7 because of ease of controls, understanding, price and entertainment of my lil one. If your a hard core gamer like me I wouldn't play it but for family fun I would recommend, graphics are not next gen. But again it's free!! Expand
  51. Jul 22, 2014
    A beautiful throwback to old school games where puzzle solving and skillful platforming go hand in hand. There is often more than one solution to each "screen" and the physics based manipulations can cause hilarious consequences as vines, tree branches and other editable world items can be combined in sometimes unintended ways. The artwork and animation are top notch with gorgeous lighting and coloring in each varied area. As an Xbox live Gold free download it's an absolute must have. I found it to be a lot of fun and very addicting. Now I'm coaching my son through it as he gives it a play. Watching his young mind work to figure out solutions and sometimes coming up with different solutions than I came up with has been a real joy. People may buy a new console for "BIG" games like Titanfall and Battlefield, but it's games like Max and Child of Light that really give the console and the Live service value. The only reason I didn't give the game a score of perfect 10 is because the main character isn't really all that likable and the story could have used more depth. So much thought went into the game mechanics, why not make the characters and story stronger as well? Expand
  52. Aug 8, 2014
    Max is a very fun but frustrating game. The game revolves around a young boy trying to save his brother. Max: Curse of Brotherhood is more difficult than it may look. Do not let the boy on the cover fool you, it may look like a childish game, but to the older generation, it will be difficult.
  53. Sep 11, 2014
    Fabulous Game, a must buy. Press Play Games have brought a great little 2D puzzle platformer to the Xbox One. Thoroughly enjoyed playing this one from start to finish.
  54. Oct 25, 2014
    Actually really fun game. played hours and time just flew.Really good graphics. a little hard to play with the marker. but overall was great fun and a good purchase
  55. Oct 27, 2014
    Love this game and it's the game i played for 1st xbox one with 1000G (Xbox one released at 2014/9/23 at Hong Kong). The graphic is awesome and the creativity is great for a 2.5D action game.
  56. Oct 31, 2014
    Presently surprised by this game. As I'm not a great fan of platformers, I downloaded this due to a: it was free and b: not many games were currently available; so why not add this to the schedule. From the start it was engaging, and at no point did I feel like giving up or looking for another game to play. Yes, it is shortish, but as a free arcade game this is a must play. Also, I never go achievement hunting, but on completion I found myself doing just that. It's good (not an epic by any stretch), but more fun to be found here than Destiny. Expand
  57. Nov 7, 2014
    I got it for free with my brand new xbox one, and i launched it without any expectations at all... but what a good surprise, limbo like, great graphism , gameplay , bit of puzzle .. nice and funny story ... very good exclusive game for the xbox one.
  58. Nov 16, 2014
    Can't understand why this game is under a score of 9.

It's a platform/puzzle without deficiencies/problem.

It's perfect for it's genre. Funny and smart.

For me it's a 10.

Well done Press Play!
  59. Nov 23, 2014
    An around the board, consistently fun game. Not revolutionary in gameplay, graphics or even story for that matter, but for a small price, I do believe you get a genuine bang for your buck. Finished it to completion and was content with it, more then what I can say for countless others. For an indie, I do rate this 8/10

1. Sep 29, 2014
    Max: Curse of the Brotherhood is overall a pretty good game, with some fantastic puzzle mechanics and a nice adventure feeling. Unfortunately the game is too basic for its own best, and the moments you will remember are few.
  2. May 12, 2014
    It’s not as fascinating as the touch (or gesture) based predecessor, but it is an interesting mixture of platforming and physics based puzzles nonetheless.
  3. Apr 13, 2014
    Max The Curse of Brotherhood is a fun and challenging 2.5D platformer that will be able to keep you attached to the pad for its entire duration, despite too many bugs and an unstable framerate.