7.4

1. Feb 25, 2014
    Excellent Xbox One debut for the PvZ franchise! :) At just $40, this game's an absolute steal and I recommend it to just about anyone. Popcap Games and EA have a winner on their hands.
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    the game is amazing. Lacking a few things like minimap, crouching and sprint, but this things dont take from the overall experience. The game is simply a fun, well put together game. Congrats to PopCap, after PvZ2 I thought that studio was lost.
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    I must confess that at first this game is not struck me, then I get it on a special offer discounts, And then since I started playing it, I have not dropped... It's so addictive that I did and get the 100% achievement.
  4. Jan 2, 2015
    Pleasantly surprising. I downloaded this game with the expectation that it would suck major arse. Not the case. This game is fun. Download it and play as a chomper.
  5. Mar 3, 2014
    This game is excellent. I was very sceptical at first to see how it would turn out because of the collaboration with EA. But Pop Cap have brought us a brilliant game, the designs are incredible and the colours are magnificent and vibrant. There is nothing in my opinion that is wrong with this game 10/10 !
  6. Mar 6, 2014
    PvZ Garden Warfare is a fantastic shooter and a stellar multiplayer experience. For competitive gamers, Team Vanquish is incredibly well-balanced given the variety in classes for both the zombies and plants. For cooperative games, Garden Ops is a challenging and fun way to fight waves of zombies. Definitely paying homage to the traditional PvZ top-down strategy game.

Finally, the

Finally, the animations are glorious. If you think kittens are cute, check out the sunflower class. This game works perfectly as a third person shooter. It showcases the game's superb and fun artwork. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good shooter or action game. For me, the game is pure bliss.
  7. Mar 14, 2014
    Very surprised with how much fun I had playing this game. With all the different game modes, characters, weapons, and special abilities it will be hard to put down. A great game for the kids, wife, or parents anyone would enjoy. It is definitely worth the $40 price point.
  8. Mar 26, 2014
    I can't get enough of this game, it's a blast every time I play it. I love the couch co-op mode as well, although it would be nice if you could go into the multiplayer modes with a guest on the same screen. It's at the perfect price as well and would highly recommend any Xbox One user to pick this up!
  9. Sep 18, 2014
    It´s simply the funniest shooter game ever made. You can change the characters lots of times, you can mock tour enemies. It keeps you playing a lot of time: there are so many locations and modes, and when you get tired of a character, you can easily change it for another in seconds.
  10. Oct 27, 2014
    Had a play on this after subscribing to EA ACCESS (which I highly recommend) - I wasnt expecting much but this is great fun, it really brings me back to my childhood when I really had great fun on fun games like this. It's great fun give it a go.
  11. Oct 15, 2014
    First of all, I would just like to give a hand to PopCap ::Clap Clap:: for going from making an addictive mobile game to an addictive PVP AAA game. It's no small feed by any means, but they've nailed it.

Now, let me start by saying that I'm not one for multi-player games, and the very few that I enjoy are on PC (Dota 2, TF2, & Old Republic). But there was a time, way back in the early 2000's when I was obsessed with one particular console game and it's multiplayer. Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64 was an obscenely fun game with a truly unique and satisfying multiplayer.

Now, PvZ: Garden Warfare is not like CBF multiplayer beyond a similar vibe they share with each other. However, that attracted me to this game and I'm thankful for it. Garden Warfare is a truly magnificent experience online. With several unique and entertaining modes, and two distinct sides with each having some very unique classes.

The two things I can complain about this game is the server stability, is not bad but is not great. The second thing is the random acquisition of items and in-game buff. That whole card system is honestly really **** I would rather pay for the items I was like in TF2, than paying for a random selection of stuff that could be anything.
  12. Jan 23, 2015
    This game is a fun third person shooter with lovable characters from the original games. If you have been a fan of the original strategy games, then you may find it quite charming to see these characters come to next gen consoles with full 3d models. This game has beautiful graphics with a word that you can really interact with. When you shoot at a garbage can or a beach ball, it willThis game is a fun third person shooter with lovable characters from the original games. If you have been a fan of the original strategy games, then you may find it quite charming to see these characters come to next gen consoles with full 3d models. This game has beautiful graphics with a word that you can really interact with. When you shoot at a garbage can or a beach ball, it will actually explode unlike the more popular shooter franchises like call of duty. You can explore each map in its entirety by rocket jumping, going into hyper mode, or flying around in a garlic or Zomboss drone. The game is charming with cool characters and abilities. Not only that, but who doesn't like taunts and hats? Well, the game is good but there are some flaws. First off, our copy of the game is loaded with bugs and glitches and can go so far to crashing the entire game. Another things is that the entire game is internet based, so when your internet is down or you don't have an Xbox Live account, then you are pretty screwed. Lastly, there needs to be some nerfing. Although most of the characters strengths are more based on your preference rather then stats, there are some characters that are just generally OP and you would find many people using them. This may stop the variety of abilities. Overall this game is super fun and these problems aren't much to how fun the game is. The game makes a solid 8.3 in my opinion. Expand
  13. Oct 28, 2015
    I love this game with a passion. Coolest 3rd person shooter. Good mechanics. Cool characters and amazing customisation. Pity not enough people play this game any more.
  14. PHJ
    Feb 25, 2014
    Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is a nice 90 out 100 game, witch mixes perfectly FPS and Casual genres and bring to you the same style, same idea and same objectives that the Tablets version brings to you, but in 3D, with a great Engine and some great Graphics. The weak point is how the engine works in the Split Screen Mode.
  15. Feb 25, 2014
    It is a fun and challenging game. The innovation applied in a game that was once simple has exceeded my expectations. A great choice of FPS out of wearing patterns.
  16. Feb 25, 2014
    This is a very fun game. I rated it an 8 right now cause they need to tweak some of the classes and maps.

One map I've played on the "rush mode" is impossible for the zombies to get past the second stage of the map. I would've said the first but after 8 hours of game play the other team finally made it past the first capture point. Then again we were outnumbered 2 to 1. The foot

The foot soldier for the zombies is by far the weakest character in the game. You can't kill somebody with a whole clip of your main weapon and sometimes takes more than 2 clips. His special attack is underpowered too unfortunately. I've had multiple direct hits on people which should have killed them yet didn't. Once they tweak him it will even things out

The cactus's onion chopper needs a zoom on it. Most of the time you need to get high enough to stay out of enemies sight but thst leads you at a real disadvantage killing someone. Yet if you get close you only have 5 health so one hit from anything destroys you.

Boss mode was fun but either needs to speed up on the air strikes or give you more points for healing, reviving, and assisting on enemy kills with the radar. Most of the time you don't have anything to do except wait for sun/brains and the cool down of your stuff. I haven't tried it with the tablet but that may make a difference.

The garden ops was a blast, but had some balancing issues in my opinion. I always felt either severely under challenged or severely overwhelmed. The slots either give you a small challenge or a ridiculous one.

All in all I've really enjoyed this game so far. For $40 it's definitely worth a buy. Once they tweak the game it will be amazing.
  17. Mar 17, 2014
    This game is not incredibly innovative or standout, but its fun, lighthearted humourous, gameplay make this game easy to love and fun to play. At 40$ it's worth your time.
  18. Feb 25, 2014
    This game is seriously fun! Everyone in my house, young and old are enjoying playing PvZ. Multiplayer and 4 Player Co-Op have been our favorite. And @ $40, it was a total steal.
  19. Feb 26, 2014
    This is what its all about . FUN and that is what you get when you buy this game pure FUN . this is one of the best games i have played in years its colorful its silly and its very balanced do not pass this up you will have a blast playing 100%
  20. Feb 26, 2014
    Very fun, solid well-developed game. It's not your usual COD or BF game, but I think that's a good thing. The unlockable characters and customizations really keep you in the game and wanting to play more. The only gripe I have so far is that the camera angle sometimes, only sometimes isn't that great. I love the look on the XB1 and the controls are pretty tight. I would definitelyVery fun, solid well-developed game. It's not your usual COD or BF game, but I think that's a good thing. The unlockable characters and customizations really keep you in the game and wanting to play more. The only gripe I have so far is that the camera angle sometimes, only sometimes isn't that great. I love the look on the XB1 and the controls are pretty tight. I would definitely recommend this game, especially for the pricetag! Expand
  21. Feb 26, 2014
    Incredible 3rd person shooter! This game has a fun value that I've never experienced in any shooter before. The Smart glass feature when you have a birds eye view on the battlefield is great fun for a kid that isn't the best but wants to help out. This game is highly recommended to anyone interested in a colorful shooter.
  22. Feb 26, 2014
    This game is beyond fun. I was never a fan of Plants vs Zombies because I am just terrible at tower defense games, so when I saw they were making a third person shooter, I thought "might as well give it a try" and I have not regretted it. The combat is fun and very easy for newcomers to get into. It even has a 4 player co-op (or solo) tower defense game mode in it for the PVZ purists. ThisThis game is beyond fun. I was never a fan of Plants vs Zombies because I am just terrible at tower defense games, so when I saw they were making a third person shooter, I thought "might as well give it a try" and I have not regretted it. The combat is fun and very easy for newcomers to get into. It even has a 4 player co-op (or solo) tower defense game mode in it for the PVZ purists. This game is the first game that made me not regret my Xbox One purchase, it's worthy of your time. Expand
  23. Feb 25, 2014
    Excellent game. One of the most games released in 2014. Split Screen feature is amazing and the co-op mode allows you to enjoy this crazy game with your friends. 10/10
  24. Feb 25, 2014
    First off all, i cannot belive this game only got 6.7 user score, as i am writing this review. I downloaded the full game, and well.. I played it for 8 hours straight, and thats rarely the case with me. Excellent amount of details in both the plants and zombies, great maps, fantastic graphics, and most importantly- Wow at the amount of stuff you unlock in the game! Its just crazy. EveryFirst off all, i cannot belive this game only got 6.7 user score, as i am writing this review. I downloaded the full game, and well.. I played it for 8 hours straight, and thats rarely the case with me. Excellent amount of details in both the plants and zombies, great maps, fantastic graphics, and most importantly- Wow at the amount of stuff you unlock in the game! Its just crazy. Every plant and zombie you use have each own level plus a main progession level. To level a plant or zombie, you have to do specific challeges for that plant or zombie. There are also alot of accesories to unlock for the plants and zombies, like new glasses, weapons, new hats, and alot more. All in all, just get this game already- its Amazing, it really deserves a 10 of 10! Expand
  25. Feb 26, 2014
    A great improvement to the PvZ franchise, Garden Warfare will keep you entertained, and will keen your head in the game.

First of all, this game is stupid. This is not bad - it might be stupid, but it's hilarious and extremely fun. There are 2 games I want to reference here that I think this game was partially modeled after. First of all, Mass Effect 3 veterans might realize the similar shop system, item system, and several characters per class. Battlefield veterans will realize the similar gameplay and classes. This game is definitely one of the best Xbox One semi-exclusives, and you won't regret buying it.

One of the problems I found, and one of the reasons I'm penalizing the game are because of the godawful servers. I can't find a match making game without my Xbox being put into stasis waiting for a game, or errors connecting.
  26. Feb 27, 2014
    PvZ:GW is very similar to "Conquer's Bad Furday". It's a lot of fun. After each match you get token's based upon how you did that match & if you won the battle. You can use these tokens to purchase decks of card's that give you different cosmetic options, upgrades & different classes. I've actually had more fun on PvZ:GW than I did on Titanfall's beta. It has a competitive, yet lightPvZ:GW is very similar to "Conquer's Bad Furday". It's a lot of fun. After each match you get token's based upon how you did that match & if you won the battle. You can use these tokens to purchase decks of card's that give you different cosmetic options, upgrades & different classes. I've actually had more fun on PvZ:GW than I did on Titanfall's beta. It has a competitive, yet light hearted fun vibe to it that's hard to describe. Expand
  27. Mar 1, 2014
    Very fun game, espeically good for kids and FPS beginners! The style is funny and shooting is fun. My kids could not stop playing this. Good job, Pvz guys!
  28. Mar 2, 2014
    Great game has a fun combo of chaos and strategy. Enjoyed the two play mode, but online was the best. Crazy visuals bright colors just super fun to play.
  29. Mar 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have waited a lot this game, but in a late time a realize that this is not for me. I can say what this game misses: Melee attack, splitscreen on xbox 360 and some changes from the original. Expand
  30. Apr 24, 2014
    This game is incredible fun. It looks like a game for children, but I assure you, it most definitely is not. This game is very challenging in the GArden Ops Mode (Which is basically a tower defense gamemode). Even in online Team Deathmatch it's challenging!
    Well worth the money and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!
    P.S The servers seem to be fine. For once EA did something right!
  31. May 14, 2014
    Ottimo prodotto della pop cap! Divertente e con gameplay piuttosto innovativo (alla faccia di un trito e ritrito Bugglefield). Carina anche l'idea delle buste che prendi compri con monete vinte durante le partite.
  32. Feb 25, 2014
    Game is great, however I am having trouble getting boss mode to work on tablet. Graphics looks very nice, controls are simple, customization is insane, there is so many things that can be unlocked. To be honest, the price is right and worth atleast the try.
  33. Mar 2, 2014
    This game is really fun, it works great on the Xbox One. Yes, I agree they had their problems with the servers, but those have been fixed now. Anyone rating this game (GAAAAME) for the fact that the EA servers are not working is not actually rating the game...
  34. Mar 2, 2014
    The only real negative I have for this game is the use of EA servers and the need for an account from them. MS should have refused the game till they removed that crap. besides that negative it is a load of fun, lots of content and decent progression with some humor. I am not a FPS fan but I really enjoy this game.
  35. Mar 18, 2014
    This game is better than BF4 it shines with fun comedy and cleverness , so many laughs intense co op great unlock and skill system highly recommend.
  36. Jun 21, 2014
    Don't know why some people are whining about micro-transactions, I must be blind because I haven't seen one yet. What I do see is a worthwhile interpretation of an excellent puzzle game as a third person shooter. While the multiplayer crowd tends to be a bit juvenile, there is enough here for old and young crowds alike to enjoy.

For people familiar to shooters all the basic mechanics

For people familiar to shooters all the basic mechanics are in tact, with all main classes represented in typical PvZ fashion (cactus snipers, zombie jock tanks, the list goes on). The aim mechanic seems fine, but a little inaccurate (however I always turn off aim assist, so maybe I just suck) and the levels seem somewhat thrown together with very rough and bland design mechanics, but the different mobility styles of the classes make them tolerable to explore and master. I also dig the "Boss" mechanic of multiplayer, which allows a single player to provide assistance through a mini-map overhead by collecting sunlight (bring back memories?) to launch special attacks and heal party members.

Overall the draw here largely comes from the customization and "sticker" collection, if you were a fan of the original you will have plenty of ways to get creative with your favorite characters. Newcomers to the series may not find the same fan-dom that made this a particularly fun aspect to explore, so I would caution hardcore shooter fans, this is not the most polished game. However it is fun, and in the end that's what really counts for this gamer, EA may publish this one but Popcap still has their brand all over it, kudos for keeping the formula somewhat basic as a nod to the roots of this series.

To easily summarize, this is the new Gotham City Imposters quality shooter that will have just as strong a following and just as much after market support, especially with EA in the mix (lets try to forgive for past greed, everybody likes money). Xbox One is particularly appealing (considering the announcement of the move to PS4) with the addition of couch co-op, I just wish it was more than a simple survival mode. Still, 8/10, a worthwhile investment for those who seek the exclusives.
  37. Feb 27, 2014
    Honestly I love this game, and I'm not ashamed to say it. PVZ is a very goofy fun first person shooter, with great balance and awesome customization to keep any gamer satisfied. However the game is slightly dragged down by EA's DRM and occasionally server issues, and limited game modes. But in no way do these negatives drop the game down significantly, this game is still silly fun but canHonestly I love this game, and I'm not ashamed to say it. PVZ is a very goofy fun first person shooter, with great balance and awesome customization to keep any gamer satisfied. However the game is slightly dragged down by EA's DRM and occasionally server issues, and limited game modes. But in no way do these negatives drop the game down significantly, this game is still silly fun but can also be treated strategically for hardcore gamers out there.

I just hope EA releases the always online for split-screen mode, and maybe expand more on it, it be nice to play online in split-screen.
  38. Mar 2, 2014
    Jogo super divertido! Mas achei meio complicado para criar uma party e jogar com os amigos. Poderia ter mais algumas classes alem das 4 existentes. Mas no geral o jogo é muito divertido. Recomendo a todos.
  39. Mar 8, 2014
    A fairly cheap price, enjoy good. Have fun with your friends, cut like the Saints game. That's too bad, but the game server too. Once you have EA is properly managed, the Titan I hope Paul.
  40. Mar 16, 2014
    Very refreshing multiplayer game. Great for co-op local or online. The visuals are (at last!) very colourful indeed and the graphics look great in 1080p. Good recommendation to people of any age, who are open to third person shooter games. This game keeps its roots (haha - good pun eh?) well in its legendary tower defence, and is a good buy for those with a $40, £30 price range.
  41. Feb 26, 2014
    Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is a lot of fun! It's really addictive and gives you a unique experience in this genre. It's the perfect combination of a FPS and a fun casual game.
    What surprised me most about it, is that there are a lot of customization options. There are two teams: Plants and Zombies. Both teams have different characters. These characters also have different guns and looks. So it'll takes some time to unlock all these guns and options. You can unlock these things by buying stickers. You can buy stickers with coins that you earn after every match. The maps are great and the game looks very good and colorful. I recommend this game to everyone who likes the FPS genre. Both casual and experienced players. It's $40, a fair price for what you get and definitely worth it!
  42. Feb 26, 2014
    This game is a blast! It's a fresh take on first person shooters, which have become a little stale. Inventive, funny, fast and fun. Tons of options and wildly crazy and a blast to play and the graphics look amazing on the XB1 and boss mode is fun too!
  43. Mar 2, 2014
    Pop-Cap has perfected the casual/arcade genre. And now with Garden Warfare, they have ripped right into the shooter market. With amazing visuals and pretty good level design PvZ:GW keeps you playing until you realize that its 4 am and you have to be at work (or school) in 3 hours. The tight controls and varied gameplay make this a must play. And surprisingly enough, EA released aPop-Cap has perfected the casual/arcade genre. And now with Garden Warfare, they have ripped right into the shooter market. With amazing visuals and pretty good level design PvZ:GW keeps you playing until you realize that its 4 am and you have to be at work (or school) in 3 hours. The tight controls and varied gameplay make this a must play. And surprisingly enough, EA released a fairly playable online version that won't make you rip your hair out. This is a must have during these very slow months leading up to the holiday flooding. So game on! Expand
  44. Mar 12, 2014
    Christ on a cracker! This is a fun game! a great change to the dark shooter games. this is a very colorful game with a wicked sense of humor. if you like fun then this game is for you. you will need an internet connection as this is only online game. have fun
  45. May 2, 2014
    This game is absolutely worth the money (especially since you can pick it up on Amazon for around $30 or less! So far Popcap has released a couple of DLCs for the game that have been free! With the ability to have a friend using Xbox smart glass as you play, and the fun it can be playing online, this is a must have for anyone, even if you aren't a big fan of shoot-em ups. This game isThis game is absolutely worth the money (especially since you can pick it up on Amazon for around $30 or less! So far Popcap has released a couple of DLCs for the game that have been free! With the ability to have a friend using Xbox smart glass as you play, and the fun it can be playing online, this is a must have for anyone, even if you aren't a big fan of shoot-em ups. This game is just so different and enjoyable that it is worth trying it out. I am giving it an 8 because EA servers still have issues once and a while, I have been dropped out of a match. Expand
  46. Feb 26, 2014
    This is the most refreshing game I've played in years. Zombies. And Plants. Versus each other! EA has done something right with this. It uses first person perspective as well as other styles to push you forward in a most challenging and ultra fun unique game.
  47. Feb 26, 2014
    I was pleasantly surprised by this game. Not only is it gorgeous, and probably the most "next-gen" looking game I've seen on the Xbox One, but it's actually a lot of fun. The sides seem really well-balanced, and the different abilities and special versions of each class are great.

My biggest issue is the lack of variety in the gametypes, and the ability to create your own custom multiplayer matches. This is the kind of game that could take a lot of advantage of custom games, and a few more game modes. A 50 kill deathmatch (which lasts around 10 minutes or less) is way too short, and the Gardens and Graveyards mode is fun, but that's it. The "Garden Warfare" hoard mode gets old fast, like any hoard mode.

Hopefully new game modes will be added to future versions.
  48. Jun 28, 2014
    If you are into mindless fun and Multiplayer games then this is exactly what you should be getting. The game has a lot of items to customize your charter which makes up for the lack of game modes. There are only 3 game modes: Team Vanquish (Team Deathmatch with the added bonus that any teammate revived will take 1 point away from the opposing team), Gardens and Graveyards (Plants mustIf you are into mindless fun and Multiplayer games then this is exactly what you should be getting. The game has a lot of items to customize your charter which makes up for the lack of game modes. There are only 3 game modes: Team Vanquish (Team Deathmatch with the added bonus that any teammate revived will take 1 point away from the opposing team), Gardens and Graveyards (Plants must protect the Gardens from Zombies who are trying to take it over, there are at least 4 Gardens depending the maps) and Gnome Bomb (There is a bomb in the middle and the teams must grab the bomb and place it on the opposing team's Bases, Each team has 3 bases). In addition you have 4 different classes on each team, each with their own unique Ability. There is also a 4 player Co-op game mode called Garden Ops when you defend your garden from all the A.I zombies and Bosses. Expand
  49. Mar 18, 2014
    I don't normally log in to give games ratings but I had to for this game. The game does have it stability issues and its bugs that it working out but as of today they even fixed a bunch of bugs and added free content. I play games across all genres and platforms and I must say this is the most I've been addicted to a game in a very long time. I tend to look for unique games that stand outI don't normally log in to give games ratings but I had to for this game. The game does have it stability issues and its bugs that it working out but as of today they even fixed a bunch of bugs and added free content. I play games across all genres and platforms and I must say this is the most I've been addicted to a game in a very long time. I tend to look for unique games that stand out from the normal crap games we get every day and this game is definitely one of them. The game is full of charm and comedy but it's actually a very great team based multiplayer shooter at its core. My roommate has Titanfall on his Xbone and I haven't even touched the game. If you are looking for something new and unique you gotta try this game out.

The diversity of all the characters and how well balanced everything is fantastic for a development studio that is making their first foray into a multiplayer shooter. Going from making a simple tower defense to this game and doing it so well is quite an achievement. People are knocking the game for not having enough modes of gameplay or the server issues or the fact that their are a few features left out. Just give them a little bit of time to work out. Like I said they just added Gig worth of content in a free patch update today. The way you unlock everything is super addicting in the form of little booster packs you get to unlock with coins you earn for playing matches.
  50. May 5, 2014
    I bought this game on a whim and partly because I was curious. I'm an avid BF and COD player and was pleasantly surprised at how fun Garden Warfare is. I was immediately drawn to the bright colors and crisp graphics. The gameplay itself also feels very refined and the classes feel pretty balanced. Couch Co-Op is a nice added bonus, having a great time playing with my 9 year old. As far asI bought this game on a whim and partly because I was curious. I'm an avid BF and COD player and was pleasantly surprised at how fun Garden Warfare is. I was immediately drawn to the bright colors and crisp graphics. The gameplay itself also feels very refined and the classes feel pretty balanced. Couch Co-Op is a nice added bonus, having a great time playing with my 9 year old. As far as the microtransactions go, they haven't really bothered me, it seems like you earn coins pretty quickly in multiplayer and I haven't seen "geared out" players really gaining that much of an edge. I whole heatedly recommend this game to anyone who wants to try something new and fresh in the competitive shooter multiplayer genre. Expand
  51. Mar 7, 2014
    When I bought PvZ I was expecting it to tide me over til Titanfall but it's such a fun game that I'll be playing it well beyond the launch of Titanfall.

Most FPS games are shallow (see COD) and they are drab and dreary but PvZ is different. It's like a really good Nintendo game with bright colours, crazy characters and the added twist of card packs. Together they all add up to a game

Together they all add up to a game that's loads of fun no matter which mode you play. The graphics are fun, the gameplay is fun, the character customisations are fun but it's also very competitive. Gardens and Graveyards is a lot of fun and is loosely based around Battlefields Rush game mode.

If you have an Xbox One and even if you are into COD, BF4 etc, you have to play this games. It's cheap and very very cheerful.

Pop Cap and EA have made my current 2 favourite Xbox One games in Peggle 2 and PvZ and with Titanfall also carrying the EA tag, it looks like I might be able to forgive them for BF4.

I can't put this game down at the moment and I'm looking forward to some DLC.
  52. Mar 13, 2014
    A thoroughly enjoyable game from Popcap & EA. It has many shortcomings but like many fun, silly multiplayer games in the past such as Twisted Metal or the Super Smash Bros series, it's lighthearted gameplay keeps you playing. A few more modes would be appreciated but no doubt some DLC will be released at some point. Character customization and unlockables are a great addition that adds toA thoroughly enjoyable game from Popcap & EA. It has many shortcomings but like many fun, silly multiplayer games in the past such as Twisted Metal or the Super Smash Bros series, it's lighthearted gameplay keeps you playing. A few more modes would be appreciated but no doubt some DLC will be released at some point. Character customization and unlockables are a great addition that adds to the 'one more game' mentality. I bought this at £30 (a steal compared to other XBox One titles on shelves) and would say it's good value for money so far. Expand
  53. May 14, 2014
    Great game, very addictive. Don't expect anything more than plants vs zombies gone Third person shooter(or chomping). The cons are that there are no offline modes, which you would expect from an originally single player game; the split screen only has a single mode. And the unlocked characters don't add enough difference to their originals other than elemental effects (toxic, fire, ice,Great game, very addictive. Don't expect anything more than plants vs zombies gone Third person shooter(or chomping). The cons are that there are no offline modes, which you would expect from an originally single player game; the split screen only has a single mode. And the unlocked characters don't add enough difference to their originals other than elemental effects (toxic, fire, ice, electric, etc)
    Would like a bit more reward for unlocking a character. But for the price of the game it's really fun.
  54. Mar 13, 2014
    This is by far a must have for Xbox One owners. The class based combat is flawless and very fun. I have played well over 100 hours and still into playing. I have never played or been interested in the PvZ franchise but this game is very fun and something new. There is so much here for the price tag and it will keep you laughing and having fun even if you are losing every match.
  55. Apr 27, 2014
    Lot of replay value. Surprisingly good looking on Frostbite engine. Plays a lot like Team Fortress 2, and luckily hasn't been ransacked by pay to get constumes/guns yet. Great gameplay and a variety of different modes to enjoy. Each class is unique and fun to experiment with. No story mode but honestly it really doesn't need one. After all, it'd just be a lame story about zombies trying toLot of replay value. Surprisingly good looking on Frostbite engine. Plays a lot like Team Fortress 2, and luckily hasn't been ransacked by pay to get constumes/guns yet. Great gameplay and a variety of different modes to enjoy. Each class is unique and fun to experiment with. No story mode but honestly it really doesn't need one. After all, it'd just be a lame story about zombies trying to kill plants. Definitely worth giving a try. Expand
  56. Jun 15, 2016
    TL:DR: Cute, fun, but lacking modes and new characters are locked behind grind for RNG

With all the recent hype around battleborn and overwatch, I wanted something similar but cheap. So I got a month of EA access and downloaded PvZ: GF. After playing for about an hour, I was completely hooked. Pros: It's a very cute game, and even if you lose the match, the points awarded are nearly

Pros: It's a very cute game, and even if you lose the match, the points awarded are nearly the same, so there's little reason to get upset. The characters are varied and play differently, and once you unlock all of the abilities, it becomes hero-based arena combat just like Overwatch or TF2. I found the characters to be very well balanced, and with some amount of luck even a healer (flower) can end up racking some vanquishes as well as providing healer support. There are two major modes, vanquish (team deathmatch) and "capture the base" mode, which can be played with character customization on or off.

Cons: So there are two major issues I have with the game and reason why I'm not giving it a 10. First, the "capture the base" mode is highly unbalanced. The attacking team (zombies) have a ton of advantages - they have help of NPCs, the capture progress does not reset, and there's a generous amount of time to capture each point. It would make a lot more sense if the capture progress would swing back if the plants repel the attacker wave. As is, if you are on the attacking team, it's usually a steam roll forward, if you are on the defending team, it's usually constant fall back. Not fun. So really, the only good mode is team vanquish. And here lies another issue. If you play classic mode (no customization), it's all good but get repetitive quite fast. But once you decide to go into non-classic mode, you end playing against a bunch of different fully upgraded character variants, like some that shoot fire, some shoot ice, plasma, etc. Pretty cool. Even if you only have the basic character, it's not big of a deal, since most characters are still well balanced, but it makes you wonder - how do I unlock all these cool character variants? The answer is, sadly, grind, grind, grind. To unlock a single character, you need 40k of in-game currency. One match of team vanquish gives 2-4k. So you need to play at least 10-20 matches to unlock a single random character variant, which may not even be for the character you like to play. Not fun.

So, in the end, it's a fun and cute game to drop in a play for a bit, but sadly it only has one good mode, and the character variants are locked behind the grind. Still worth picking up, but I wouldn't pay much for it.
  57. Mar 24, 2014
    pretty damn fun game. I never expected to get into this myself. my step son is 8 and his dad lets him play call of duty and I don't let him play that at my house. he was pretty adamant about getting a new game and wanted cod so I showed him plants vs zombies instead. he loves it, my wife loves it, and I love it too.
  58. May 28, 2014
    This game is pure fun. Having played the mobile versions to their full extent, it was nice to be able to jump into the world of PvZ. The game has many different customization options and has the fantastic ability to remain new and inventive.
    One of the only problems is that players who are further in levels than most tend to have weapons that are far superior than those that are throughout the game. The tends to tilt the level of competition to an unfair perspective, where those with the better weapons win all the time, causing people to not want to continue playing and to quit while in game.
    Overall though the game was a blast and is still fresh each time I play.
  59. Jul 20, 2014
    I waited to buy this game because I thought $40 was too much. I bought it on sale on XBL for around $23. If i knew what I know now I would have paid the $40. I hate EA just as much as anyone but PopCap really does make great games with a tremendous amount of polish. This one is no exception. I'm having an absolute blast playing this game. I even got my wife playing it and she hatesI waited to buy this game because I thought $40 was too much. I bought it on sale on XBL for around $23. If i knew what I know now I would have paid the $40. I hate EA just as much as anyone but PopCap really does make great games with a tremendous amount of polish. This one is no exception. I'm having an absolute blast playing this game. I even got my wife playing it and she hates shooters. The graphics and the amount of detail is fantastic. 60FPS really makes a difference here too. Don't miss out on this game! Expand
  60. Mar 24, 2014
    + Has that awesome PvZ charm.
    + The amount you die doesn’t show up on the scoreboard. That means K/D doesn’t matter. THAT MEANS LESS CAMPING.
    + Most valuable players on the scoreboards are determines by kills, assists, revives, etc like BF4. In other words, you don’t need the most kills to be MVP. + Only $40 on X1. + Apparently new classes, maps and modes will be free dlc later on. +
    + Has that awesome PvZ charm.
    + Only $40 on X1.
    + Apparently new classes, maps and modes will be free dlc later on.
    + Noises the Peashooter make sound like Elmo… which is awesome.
    + Other gameplay features like sticker packs and class challenges are a good enough reason to keep coming back
    +Splitscreen!
    - Multiplayer only. In other words, if the server is down or having problems(like last night) the game is pretty much worthless.
    - I noticed the plants to be a little over powered compared to the Zombies.
    - Micro-transactions are gonna be added down the road. :/
  61. Mar 1, 2014
    This is a fantastic shooter on both the Xbox & Xbox One (I own a copy of each). There is a small drop off in graphics on the Xbox 360 version but both are very fluid. For an online only title I have not noticed any lag or major server related problems. The sticker pack idea to upgrade and unlock new characters will keep most players going a long time. The packs also net the player plantsThis is a fantastic shooter on both the Xbox & Xbox One (I own a copy of each). There is a small drop off in graphics on the Xbox 360 version but both are very fluid. For an online only title I have not noticed any lag or major server related problems. The sticker pack idea to upgrade and unlock new characters will keep most players going a long time. The packs also net the player plants and zombies to spawn in certain game modes along with character skins. Now for the maps I do wish there were more available and hopefully more are added. There is however 3 game modes like I mentioned earlier and this helps change up the game play. This game reminds me a lot of Team fortress 2, and Gotham City Impostors. Those that have played these titles will surely enjoy this game. Expand
  62. Jan 1, 2015
    Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is a tremendous shooter that nobody thought would work. It's hilarious, fun, addictive, and has top-notch gameplay. This is definitely one to take a look at.
  63. Mar 9, 2014
    This game is surprisingly fun and will make a nice break between the adrenaline rush matches of titanfall. It runs at 60 fps, doesn't cost full retail which makes giving digital a try bearable, and has plenty of free dlc on the way. The only downside is it's on EA servers but that shouldn't be an issue since this game will never be as big as titanfall or bf4. Go play it and have some fun!
  64. Feb 25, 2014
    I have been waiting for this game for a while and it is finally here! I got this game today and I haven't got to far into it yet, but of what I have played of it is really a unique game. I love the visuals and silliness of the game, thats what makes this game so great is the fact that it's not a very serious game, and is meant to be laid back and just fun. The game is $40 dollars onI have been waiting for this game for a while and it is finally here! I got this game today and I haven't got to far into it yet, but of what I have played of it is really a unique game. I love the visuals and silliness of the game, thats what makes this game so great is the fact that it's not a very serious game, and is meant to be laid back and just fun. The game is $40 dollars on release date and that is fair. The game doesn't have a ton of modes, but it has $40 dollars worth in my opinion. The surprising thing to me so far is how much fun the Garden Ops mode is. Garden Ops is basically like horde mode on gears of war, where storms of enemies just keep coming and it's a ton of fun! The customization in this game is cool, but it could be better and ill leave it at that. I can tell that i will have a ton of fun on this game and that is really all I wanted from this game. I give it an 8 because its good but not perfect. Expand
  65. Feb 26, 2014
    This is an overall fun game. It may not look the best, have a campaign, or play the best, but it's fun, and that's what games are all about! I just hope EA does not throw in micro-transactions, and if they do they better not be required to make meaningful progress in the game. Don't screw this one up EA!
  66. Feb 26, 2014
    PvZ Garden Warfare is fun. That is the bottom line. There have been server problems with EA's silly 'always on' requirement, but as with any game those problems will be fixed. There are limited game modes, yes. The game is only $40 and all of the updates that will be pushed out are scheduled to be free. It is a fun multiplayer game that re-imagines PvZ in a fun way. The critics can arguePvZ Garden Warfare is fun. That is the bottom line. There have been server problems with EA's silly 'always on' requirement, but as with any game those problems will be fixed. There are limited game modes, yes. The game is only $40 and all of the updates that will be pushed out are scheduled to be free. It is a fun multiplayer game that re-imagines PvZ in a fun way. The critics can argue about the finer points of what is or isn't right about the game, but as a consumer, I think it's fun and therefore worth every penny. Expand
  67. Feb 26, 2014
    This is a great way to introduce the entire family to the FPS genre without fearing another Columbine! Okay, maybe that's a stretch... But the cartoonish, quirky humor, mixed with weapons more akin to paintball guns makes this a great candidate to be enjoyed by all ages.
  68. Feb 27, 2014
    For an EA game, this is surprisingly good. I've never been into PvZ because I hate mobile games with a passion, but this is a blast to play. It's very refreshing to play a third person tower defence game. The graphics are awesome and the 60fps framerate makes it very very playable. The fact that it's half the retail price is just the icing on the cake. The fact there's no pay-to-winFor an EA game, this is surprisingly good. I've never been into PvZ because I hate mobile games with a passion, but this is a blast to play. It's very refreshing to play a third person tower defence game. The graphics are awesome and the 60fps framerate makes it very very playable. The fact that it's half the retail price is just the icing on the cake. The fact there's no pay-to-win microtransactions at time of writing is also great. Come to think of it, it's kind of sad that I'm praising a game for actually not having them.

With this and Titanfall, could EA finally be listening to consumers and making an effort with their games? Is the new CEO Andrew Wilson acknowledging that they can no longer get away with making poorly made, mediocre products? We'll have to see. If you liked Dungeon Defenders, give this a try. 8/10.
  69. Mar 1, 2014
    The ONLY good game on Xbox One. However besides the console the game has great graphics, awesome gameplay and is amazing if you are a fan of Plants vs Zombies as it comes out with amazing ideas and is a lot of fun.
  70. Mar 11, 2014
    Great game in the mist of gritty shooters!!! This game is great for sitting back and having friendly competition multiplayer shooter. At £35 on xbox live and free DLC its a bargin. At present it could get a little boring after a few continuous hours of play but hoping the DLC will conquer that. A must buy if looking for something different.
  71. Apr 7, 2014
    Simple fun shooter game. A classic game incorporating Plants vs. Zombies characters into a third person shooter. A really fun game to enjoy. Loved the Split Screen exclusive on XBox One as I was able to enjoy playing it with my girlfriend. Plus the game is just $40 and already released good and free updates (DLC).
  72. Mar 11, 2014
    I got this game because it was cheap, turned out to be a blast to play. I never played a Plants vs Zombies game before, but im glad I picked this one up. Graphics are great for this style of game and it seems to run on the xbox well enough. A solid 9 imo.
  73. Mar 13, 2014
    This game rocks my socks. It's just plain fun to play! The goofy characters, the technicolor world, just a great intro to on line only shooters. Look it's cheap fun, not Titanfall or COD, it's not suppose to be. Leave the butt brown "gritty' world behind for a while. Living in full color is great, family friendly fun, on the cheap. Only minus is lack of melee attack for all charters andThis game rocks my socks. It's just plain fun to play! The goofy characters, the technicolor world, just a great intro to on line only shooters. Look it's cheap fun, not Titanfall or COD, it's not suppose to be. Leave the butt brown "gritty' world behind for a while. Living in full color is great, family friendly fun, on the cheap. Only minus is lack of melee attack for all charters and lack of off line story mode; these charters are just too funny to look at and I missed not knowing their origin stories. Check it out at a minimum, but at $40 it's a great purchase. Expand
  74. Mar 17, 2014
    Buy it for the low price of $40, have loads of fun, get free DLC. People say the Zombies are overpowered, no they are not, the game is extremely balanced. Plus the sound track is amazing! What more could you ask for?
  75. Apr 22, 2014
    PVZ is a remarkably surprising shooter that has no business being even close to as much fun as it is. But - there you have. Electronic Arts and Pop Cap have delivered a fantastic shooter that controls well, has just enough strategy and depth of classes to placate to a multitude of play styles and, despite itself, looks incredible. Maybe the best thing is that PVZ GW manages to keep it'sPVZ is a remarkably surprising shooter that has no business being even close to as much fun as it is. But - there you have. Electronic Arts and Pop Cap have delivered a fantastic shooter that controls well, has just enough strategy and depth of classes to placate to a multitude of play styles and, despite itself, looks incredible. Maybe the best thing is that PVZ GW manages to keep it's hilarious tone.

I do have one gripe - the multiplayer suffers from some matchmaking problems where connection issues make it longer than it needs to be to get into a match or fails to balance things out when there s a room full of high level players competing against nobodies. This happenes more rarehly
  76. Apr 26, 2014
    The game seems simple at first but the more you play, the better you get. After leveling up all the characters you finally understand everything that is going on around you. Its original and funny. If you want something refreshingly new, try this. My only beef is no split screen co op multiplayer! Want to play with your friend that came over for some fun? To bad you can only play offlineThe game seems simple at first but the more you play, the better you get. After leveling up all the characters you finally understand everything that is going on around you. Its original and funny. If you want something refreshingly new, try this. My only beef is no split screen co op multiplayer! Want to play with your friend that came over for some fun? To bad you can only play offline co op. No versus. No multiplayer. Expand
  77. Jun 20, 2014
    It is a great game. I have endless of fun playing this, especially for the cooperative mode Garden Ops. It is like Call of Duty Zombie mode but better. The competitive one is also good, but there isn't enough game mode, which is the only 1 things I could think of. The one who think about changing a tower defense game into a third person shooter is a genius. It is a pleasant surprise to me.It is a great game. I have endless of fun playing this, especially for the cooperative mode Garden Ops. It is like Call of Duty Zombie mode but better. The competitive one is also good, but there isn't enough game mode, which is the only 1 things I could think of. The one who think about changing a tower defense game into a third person shooter is a genius. It is a pleasant surprise to me. For people that don't like the game giving it a 0 or 1 mark they are probably EA haters. Also, I hope the next PvZ can give me a single player experience. Expand
  78. Jun 24, 2014
    omg such a gr8 game aka a shooter that works on my computer the graphics are good the character system is good but the only problem is the all star skin wouldn't load and I love using the all star
  79. Dec 14, 2014
    This is a extremely lighthearted and original take on the generic online shooters of today. It's very user friendly and almost anyone could pick up and play this game. With the way this game looks with it's amazing graphics and funny/silly customizable characters anyone will want to play this game to. The Multiplayer supports tons to different game mods as well, from Team Deathmatch,This is a extremely lighthearted and original take on the generic online shooters of today. It's very user friendly and almost anyone could pick up and play this game. With the way this game looks with it's amazing graphics and funny/silly customizable characters anyone will want to play this game to. The Multiplayer supports tons to different game mods as well, from Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and lots of others. It also has a wave based co-op mode to play with friends and even split-screen.The Plants and Zombies both have extremely diverse and even classes to play, each class having special abilities and it's own roll to play in battle, Some are able to heal or pick up team mates quicker or others have extra health.
    Garden Warfare is a game I definitely would recommend for any child or adult, really anyone looking to have fun with a online shooter.
    It's easy pick up and play game-style makes it enjoyable for anyone.
  80. Nov 29, 2014
    I really like this game because one eye on a cute little team game, and the other eye and a bloody fight. What I really liked is that there is a lot of stuff, and characters in the game. The game modes are also very good. The graphics are very nice and I think it cute. Anyone who wants a good game, I can only recommend it.
  81. Feb 27, 2015
    This game is an absolute joy to play with friends who are both hardcore and casual gamers. It blends great gameplay with balanced levels and characters. It makes players play as a team and rewards those teams that are diverse in character selection.

The only knock on this game was the Micro Transactions which are not needed since you earn Coins by just playing. They have many

They have many Community events and gifts if requirements are met as a Community.

There are plenty of Game Modes and they are constantly adding more Game Types and Maps along with Characters and New Packs of Cards to purchase.

One Year after release of the game the Developers are still very active with promoting the game.
  82. Dec 5, 2015
    wonderful game, one of the funniest of the old and new generation, deserve prizes, have fun a lot in the Microsoft platform, I recommend to everyone, even if you have not played anything like that before, a wonder in the form of electronic game, very good note 10 ...
  83. Dec 27, 2015
  84. Aug 29, 2016
    At first one may believe that this is a swallow, childish shooter. And although its appearance is very cartoon like, the core mechanics are good and this leads to a very fun, addictive game.

1. May 16, 2014
    With a variety of interesting characters and well-balanced gameplay, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare should have been a perfect entry-level team-based FPS, letting younger and more casual audiences learn about the fun of meeting others online and shooting them in the face. Sadly, the frustrating unlock system puts a damper on that, and it never manages to make players feel rewarded for playing.
  2. games(TM)
    Apr 9, 2014
    Thoroughly and unexpectedly wonderful. [Issue#146, p.102]
  3. Games Master UK
    Apr 7, 2014
    Like homemade fertiliser, it does the job, but not like the proper stuff. Also, it whiffs a bit. [May 2014, p.67]