7.3

1. Feb 25, 2014
    Excellent Xbox One debut for the PvZ franchise! :) At just $40, this game's an absolute steal and I recommend it to just about anyone. Popcap Games and EA have a winner on their hands.
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    It is a fun and challenging game. The innovation applied in a game that was once simple has exceeded my expectations. A great choice of FPS out of wearing patterns.
  3. PHJ
    Feb 25, 2014
    Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is a nice 90 out 100 game, witch mixes perfectly FPS and Casual genres and bring to you the same style, same idea and same objectives that the Tablets version brings to you, but in 3D, with a great Engine and some great Graphics. The weak point is how the engine works in the Split Screen Mode.
  4. Feb 25, 2014
    First off all, i cannot belive this game only got 6.7 user score, as i am writing this review. I downloaded the full game, and well.. I played it for 8 hours straight, and thats rarely the case with me. Excellent amount of details in both the plants and zombies, great maps, fantastic graphics, and most importantly- Wow at the amount of stuff you unlock in the game! Its just crazy. Every plant and zombie you use have each own level plus a main progession level. To level a plant or zombie, you have to do specific challeges for that plant or zombie. There are also alot of accesories to unlock for the plants and zombies, like new glasses, weapons, new hats, and alot more. All in all, just get this game already- its Amazing, it really deserves a 10 of 10! Expand
  5. Feb 25, 2014
    the game is amazing. Lacking a few things like minimap, crouching and sprint, but this things dont take from the overall experience. The game is simply a fun, well put together game. Congrats to PopCap, after PvZ2 I thought that studio was lost.
  6. Feb 25, 2014
    Excellent game. One of the most games released in 2014. Split Screen feature is amazing and the co-op mode allows you to enjoy this crazy game with your friends. 10/10
  7. Feb 26, 2014
    Incredible 3rd person shooter! This game has a fun value that I've never experienced in any shooter before. The Smart glass feature when you have a birds eye view on the battlefield is great fun for a kid that isn't the best but wants to help out. This game is highly recommended to anyone interested in a colorful shooter.
  8. Feb 26, 2014
    This game is beyond fun. I was never a fan of Plants vs Zombies because I am just terrible at tower defense games, so when I saw they were making a third person shooter, I thought "might as well give it a try" and I have not regretted it. The combat is fun and very easy for newcomers to get into. It even has a 4 player co-op (or solo) tower defense game mode in it for the PVZ purists. This game is the first game that made me not regret my Xbox One purchase, it's worthy of your time. Expand
  9. Feb 25, 2014
    This game is seriously fun! Everyone in my house, young and old are enjoying playing PvZ. Multiplayer and 4 Player Co-Op have been our favorite. And @ $40, it was a total steal.
  10. Feb 26, 2014
    Very fun, solid well-developed game. It's not your usual COD or BF game, but I think that's a good thing. The unlockable characters and customizations really keep you in the game and wanting to play more. The only gripe I have so far is that the camera angle sometimes, only sometimes isn't that great. I love the look on the XB1 and the controls are pretty tight. I would definitely recommend this game, especially for the pricetag! Expand
  11. Feb 25, 2014
    Game is great, however I am having trouble getting boss mode to work on tablet. Graphics looks very nice, controls are simple, customization is insane, there is so many things that can be unlocked. To be honest, the price is right and worth atleast the try.
  12. Feb 26, 2014
    This is what its all about . FUN and that is what you get when you buy this game pure FUN . this is one of the best games i have played in years its colorful its silly and its very balanced do not pass this up you will have a blast playing 100%
  13. Feb 27, 2014
    PvZ:GW is very similar to "Conquer's Bad Furday". It's a lot of fun. After each match you get token's based upon how you did that match & if you won the battle. You can use these tokens to purchase decks of card's that give you different cosmetic options, upgrades & different classes. I've actually had more fun on PvZ:GW than I did on Titanfall's beta. It has a competitive, yet light hearted fun vibe to it that's hard to describe. Expand
  14. Mar 1, 2014
    Very fun game, espeically good for kids and FPS beginners! The style is funny and shooting is fun. My kids could not stop playing this. Good job, Pvz guys!
  15. Mar 2, 2014
    Great game has a fun combo of chaos and strategy. Enjoyed the two play mode, but online was the best. Crazy visuals bright colors just super fun to play.
  16. Mar 3, 2014
    This game is excellent. I was very sceptical at first to see how it would turn out because of the collaboration with EA. But Pop Cap have brought us a brilliant game, the designs are incredible and the colours are magnificent and vibrant. There is nothing in my opinion that is wrong with this game 10/10 !
  17. Apr 24, 2014
    This game is incredible fun. It looks like a game for children, but I assure you, it most definitely is not. This game is very challenging in the GArden Ops Mode (Which is basically a tower defense gamemode). Even in online Team Deathmatch it's challenging!
    Well worth the money and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!
    P.S The servers seem to be fine. For once EA did something right!
  18. Feb 26, 2014
    This is an overall fun game. It may not look the best, have a campaign, or play the best, but it's fun, and that's what games are all about! I just hope EA does not throw in micro-transactions, and if they do they better not be required to make meaningful progress in the game. Don't screw this one up EA!
  19. Feb 26, 2014
    Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is a lot of fun! It's really addictive and gives you a unique experience in this genre. It's the perfect combination of a FPS and a fun casual game.
    What surprised me most about it, is that there are a lot of customization options. There are two teams: Plants and Zombies. Both teams have different characters. These characters also have different guns and
    looks. So it'll takes some time to unlock all these guns and options. You can unlock these things by buying stickers. You can buy stickers with coins that you earn after every match. The maps are great and the game looks very good and colorful. I recommend this game to everyone who likes the FPS genre. Both casual and experienced players. It's $40, a fair price for what you get and definitely worth it! Expand
  20. Feb 26, 2014
    PvZ Garden Warfare is fun. That is the bottom line. There have been server problems with EA's silly 'always on' requirement, but as with any game those problems will be fixed. There are limited game modes, yes. The game is only $40 and all of the updates that will be pushed out are scheduled to be free. It is a fun multiplayer game that re-imagines PvZ in a fun way. The critics can argue about the finer points of what is or isn't right about the game, but as a consumer, I think it's fun and therefore worth every penny. Expand
  21. Feb 26, 2014
    This is the most refreshing game I've played in years. Zombies. And Plants. Versus each other! EA has done something right with this. It uses first person perspective as well as other styles to push you forward in a most challenging and ultra fun unique game.
  22. Feb 26, 2014
    This is a great way to introduce the entire family to the FPS genre without fearing another Columbine! Okay, maybe that's a stretch... But the cartoonish, quirky humor, mixed with weapons more akin to paintball guns makes this a great candidate to be enjoyed by all ages.
  23. Feb 26, 2014
    This game is a blast! It's a fresh take on first person shooters, which have become a little stale. Inventive, funny, fast and fun. Tons of options and wildly crazy and a blast to play and the graphics look amazing on the XB1 and boss mode is fun too!
  24. Feb 27, 2014
    Honestly I love this game, and I'm not ashamed to say it. PVZ is a very goofy fun first person shooter, with great balance and awesome customization to keep any gamer satisfied. However the game is slightly dragged down by EA's DRM and occasionally server issues, and limited game modes. But in no way do these negatives drop the game down significantly, this game is still silly fun but can also be treated strategically for hardcore gamers out there.

I just hope EA releases the always online for split-screen mode, and maybe expand more on it, it be nice to play online in split-screen.
  25. Mar 1, 2014
    The ONLY good game on Xbox One. However besides the console the game has great graphics, awesome gameplay and is amazing if you are a fan of Plants vs Zombies as it comes out with amazing ideas and is a lot of fun.
  26. Mar 2, 2014
    This game is really fun, it works great on the Xbox One. Yes, I agree they had their problems with the servers, but those have been fixed now. Anyone rating this game (GAAAAME) for the fact that the EA servers are not working is not actually rating the game...
  27. Mar 2, 2014
    Pop-Cap has perfected the casual/arcade genre. And now with Garden Warfare, they have ripped right into the shooter market. With amazing visuals and pretty good level design PvZ:GW keeps you playing until you realize that its 4 am and you have to be at work (or school) in 3 hours. The tight controls and varied gameplay make this a must play. And surprisingly enough, EA released a fairly playable online version that won't make you rip your hair out. This is a must have during these very slow months leading up to the holiday flooding. So game on! Expand
  28. Mar 2, 2014
    The only real negative I have for this game is the use of EA servers and the need for an account from them. MS should have refused the game till they removed that crap. besides that negative it is a load of fun, lots of content and decent progression with some humor. I am not a FPS fan but I really enjoy this game.
  29. Mar 2, 2014
    Jogo super divertido! Mas achei meio complicado para criar uma party e jogar com os amigos. Poderia ter mais algumas classes alem das 4 existentes. Mas no geral o jogo é muito divertido. Recomendo a todos.
  30. Mar 6, 2014
    PvZ Garden Warfare is a fantastic shooter and a stellar multiplayer experience. For competitive gamers, Team Vanquish is incredibly well-balanced given the variety in classes for both the zombies and plants. For cooperative games, Garden Ops is a challenging and fun way to fight waves of zombies. Definitely paying homage to the traditional PvZ top-down strategy game.

Finally, the
    animations are glorious. If you think kittens are cute, check out the sunflower class. This game works perfectly as a third person shooter. It showcases the game's superb and fun artwork. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good shooter or action game. For me, the game is pure bliss. Expand
  31. Mar 9, 2014
    This game is surprisingly fun and will make a nice break between the adrenaline rush matches of titanfall. It runs at 60 fps, doesn't cost full retail which makes giving digital a try bearable, and has plenty of free dlc on the way. The only downside is it's on EA servers but that shouldn't be an issue since this game will never be as big as titanfall or bf4. Go play it and have some fun!
  32. Mar 11, 2014
    I got this game because it was cheap, turned out to be a blast to play. I never played a Plants vs Zombies game before, but im glad I picked this one up. Graphics are great for this style of game and it seems to run on the xbox well enough. A solid 9 imo.
  33. Mar 12, 2014
    Christ on a cracker! This is a fun game! a great change to the dark shooter games. this is a very colorful game with a wicked sense of humor. if you like fun then this game is for you. you will need an internet connection as this is only online game. have fun
  34. Mar 13, 2014
    This game rocks my socks. It's just plain fun to play! The goofy characters, the technicolor world, just a great intro to on line only shooters. Look it's cheap fun, not Titanfall or COD, it's not suppose to be. Leave the butt brown "gritty' world behind for a while. Living in full color is great, family friendly fun, on the cheap. Only minus is lack of melee attack for all charters and lack of off line story mode; these charters are just too funny to look at and I missed not knowing their origin stories. Check it out at a minimum, but at $40 it's a great purchase. Expand
  35. Mar 13, 2014
    This is by far a must have for Xbox One owners. The class based combat is flawless and very fun. I have played well over 100 hours and still into playing. I have never played or been interested in the PvZ franchise but this game is very fun and something new. There is so much here for the price tag and it will keep you laughing and having fun even if you are losing every match.
  36. Mar 14, 2014
    Very surprised with how much fun I had playing this game. With all the different game modes, characters, weapons, and special abilities it will be hard to put down. A great game for the kids, wife, or parents anyone would enjoy. It is definitely worth the $40 price point.
  37. Mar 16, 2014
    Very refreshing multiplayer game. Great for co-op local or online. The visuals are (at last!) very colourful indeed and the graphics look great in 1080p. Good recommendation to people of any age, who are open to third person shooter games. This game keeps its roots (haha - good pun eh?) well in its legendary tower defence, and is a good buy for those with a $40, £30 price range.
  38. Mar 17, 2014
    Buy it for the low price of $40, have loads of fun, get free DLC. People say the Zombies are overpowered, no they are not, the game is extremely balanced. Plus the sound track is amazing! What more could you ask for?
  39. Mar 18, 2014
    This game is better than BF4 it shines with fun comedy and cleverness , so many laughs intense co op great unlock and skill system highly recommend.
  40. Mar 18, 2014
    I don't normally log in to give games ratings but I had to for this game. The game does have it stability issues and its bugs that it working out but as of today they even fixed a bunch of bugs and added free content. I play games across all genres and platforms and I must say this is the most I've been addicted to a game in a very long time. I tend to look for unique games that stand out from the normal crap games we get every day and this game is definitely one of them. The game is full of charm and comedy but it's actually a very great team based multiplayer shooter at its core. My roommate has Titanfall on his Xbone and I haven't even touched the game. If you are looking for something new and unique you gotta try this game out.

The diversity of all the characters and how well balanced everything is fantastic for a development studio that is making their first foray into a multiplayer shooter. Going from making a simple tower defense to this game and doing it so well is quite an achievement. People are knocking the game for not having enough modes of gameplay or the server issues or the fact that their are a few features left out. Just give them a little bit of time to work out. Like I said they just added Gig worth of content in a free patch update today. The way you unlock everything is super addicting in the form of little booster packs you get to unlock with coins you earn for playing matches.
  41. Mar 24, 2014
    + Has that awesome PvZ charm. + The amount you die doesn’t show up on the scoreboard. That means K/D doesn’t matter. THAT MEANS LESS CAMPING. + Most valuable players on the scoreboards are determines by kills, assists, revives, etc like BF4. In other words, you don’t need the most kills to be MVP. + Only $40 on X1. + Apparently new classes, maps and modes will be free dlc later on. + Noises the Peashooter make sound like Elmo… which is awesome.
    + Other gameplay features like sticker packs and class challenges are a good enough reason to keep coming back
    +Splitscreen!
    - Multiplayer only. In other words, if the server is down or having problems(like last night) the game is pretty much worthless.
    - I noticed the plants to be a little over powered compared to the Zombies.
    - Micro-transactions are gonna be added down the road. :/
  42. Apr 7, 2014
    Simple fun shooter game. A classic game incorporating Plants vs. Zombies characters into a third person shooter. A really fun game to enjoy. Loved the Split Screen exclusive on XBox One as I was able to enjoy playing it with my girlfriend. Plus the game is just $40 and already released good and free updates (DLC).
  43. Apr 22, 2014
    PVZ is a remarkably surprising shooter that has no business being even close to as much fun as it is. But - there you have. Electronic Arts and Pop Cap have delivered a fantastic shooter that controls well, has just enough strategy and depth of classes to placate to a multitude of play styles and, despite itself, looks incredible. Maybe the best thing is that PVZ GW manages to keep it's hilarious tone.

I do have one gripe - the multiplayer suffers from some matchmaking problems where connection issues make it longer than it needs to be to get into a match or fails to balance things out when there s a room full of high level players competing against nobodies. This happenes more rarehly
  44. Apr 26, 2014
    The game seems simple at first but the more you play, the better you get. After leveling up all the characters you finally understand everything that is going on around you. Its original and funny. If you want something refreshingly new, try this. My only beef is no split screen co op multiplayer! Want to play with your friend that came over for some fun? To bad you can only play offline co op. No versus. No multiplayer. Expand
  45. Apr 27, 2014
    Lot of replay value. Surprisingly good looking on Frostbite engine. Plays a lot like Team Fortress 2, and luckily hasn't been ransacked by pay to get constumes/guns yet. Great gameplay and a variety of different modes to enjoy. Each class is unique and fun to experiment with. No story mode but honestly it really doesn't need one. After all, it'd just be a lame story about zombies trying to kill plants. Definitely worth giving a try. Expand
  46. May 5, 2014
    I bought this game on a whim and partly because I was curious. I'm an avid BF and COD player and was pleasantly surprised at how fun Garden Warfare is. I was immediately drawn to the bright colors and crisp graphics. The gameplay itself also feels very refined and the classes feel pretty balanced. Couch Co-Op is a nice added bonus, having a great time playing with my 9 year old. As far as the microtransactions go, they haven't really bothered me, it seems like you earn coins pretty quickly in multiplayer and I haven't seen "geared out" players really gaining that much of an edge. I whole heatedly recommend this game to anyone who wants to try something new and fresh in the competitive shooter multiplayer genre. Expand
  47. May 28, 2014
    This game is pure fun. Having played the mobile versions to their full extent, it was nice to be able to jump into the world of PvZ. The game has many different customization options and has the fantastic ability to remain new and inventive.
    One of the only problems is that players who are further in levels than most tend to have weapons that are far superior than those that are
    throughout the game. The tends to tilt the level of competition to an unfair perspective, where those with the better weapons win all the time, causing people to not want to continue playing and to quit while in game.
    Overall though the game was a blast and is still fresh each time I play.
  48. Jun 20, 2014
    It is a great game. I have endless of fun playing this, especially for the cooperative mode Garden Ops. It is like Call of Duty Zombie mode but better. The competitive one is also good, but there isn't enough game mode, which is the only 1 things I could think of. The one who think about changing a tower defense game into a third person shooter is a genius. It is a pleasant surprise to me. For people that don't like the game giving it a 0 or 1 mark they are probably EA haters. Also, I hope the next PvZ can give me a single player experience. Expand
  49. Jun 24, 2014
    omg such a gr8 game aka a shooter that works on my computer the graphics are good the character system is good but the only problem is the all star skin wouldn't load and I love using the all star
  50. Jul 20, 2014
    I waited to buy this game because I thought $40 was too much. I bought it on sale on XBL for around $23. If i knew what I know now I would have paid the $40. I hate EA just as much as anyone but PopCap really does make great games with a tremendous amount of polish. This one is no exception. I'm having an absolute blast playing this game. I even got my wife playing it and she hates shooters. The graphics and the amount of detail is fantastic. 60FPS really makes a difference here too. Don't miss out on this game! Expand
  51. Aug 7, 2014
    I must confess that at first this game is not struck me, then I get it on a special offer discounts, And then since I started playing it, I have not dropped... It's so addictive that I did and get the 100% achievement.
  52. Sep 18, 2014
    It´s simply the funniest shooter game ever made. You can change the characters lots of times, you can mock tour enemies. It keeps you playing a lot of time: there are so many locations and modes, and when you get tired of a character, you can easily change it for another in seconds.

1. May 16, 2014
    With a variety of interesting characters and well-balanced gameplay, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare should have been a perfect entry-level team-based FPS, letting younger and more casual audiences learn about the fun of meeting others online and shooting them in the face. Sadly, the frustrating unlock system puts a damper on that, and it never manages to make players feel rewarded for playing.
  2. Apr 9, 2014
    Thoroughly and unexpectedly wonderful. [Issue#146, p.102]
  3. Apr 7, 2014
    Like homemade fertiliser, it does the job, but not like the proper stuff. Also, it whiffs a bit. [May 2014, p.67]