7.7

1. Jun 27, 2014
    Its not bad. Having some fun but just think it gets boring after about 20 minutes to be honest i don't understand what is that good about this game the graphics are great like its not a bad game though.
  2. May 14, 2014
    Very good fun. This beautiful platformer runs 1080p at 60fps on the Xbox One, and has flawless uninterrupted gameplay. I would recommend this game to anyone and everyone who hasn't played it yet. 10/10 is modest.
  3. Feb 27, 2014
    To gostando muito desse jogo. Muito divertido. Muito bem feito, graficamente falando. Apesar de ser plataforma, ele tem dimensões que simulam 3D. Gostei muito. Recomendo a todos. E o preço também está bom. Vale a pena.
  4. Mar 7, 2014
    Pretty graphic, very pretty in fact, good atmosphere, lots of content. There are few issues but two of them are notable:

Control issue: The run button works in very strange way; if you press it your character will run in place rather than wait for you to move the stick, it's a cute animation but there is a catch, your character is not running, as soon as you use the controller to move

Control issue:
    The run button works in very strange way; if you press it your character will run in place rather than wait for you to move the stick, it's a cute animation but there is a catch, your character is not running, as soon as you use the controller to move the animation remains but you are slow and move like if the run button wouldn't be pressed, accelerate then run. That screwed me up a lot on many runs.

Challenge mode issue:
    When you play the challenge you can see several "ghost" of other players trying the same challenge, this is a MAJOR flaw, one of the worst idea ever. The challenges aren't hard because the platforming is clever and hard, it's hard because it's the equivalent of your younger brother putting his hands in front of your eyes while you play.

Otherwise it is one of the most imaginative and interesting game I have seen. If an update could fix the input issues and if you could turn off the ghost during challenges it would be awesome.

The rating is lowered by one point because of the challenge mode issue which create unnecessary frustration.

[My previous review was talking about a very serious input lag issue, it is not an issue with Rayman Legends, it is an issue with the Xbox One, so if like me you experience input lag follow these instructions:
    1-Turn off your Xbox One
    2-Unplug it from the wall and count 20sec.
    3-Plug back the Xbox One and turn it back on

Issue should now be resolved

This is pretty awful if you ask me because no other game than Rayman was showing the input lag, or maybe I didn't noticed it as much, after all a platformer is pretty pretty unforgiving when it comes to input lag. I guess developers will have to deal with disgruntled customer because of this.]
  5. Feb 22, 2014
    Quite simply a fantastic 2D platformer, one of the best I've ever played.

Quite simply a fantastic 2D platformer, one of the best I've ever played.

Art style is beautiful, music accompanies it perfectly and of course the best part is the gameplay. If you've played origins this is essentially the same gameplay but with a few new things thrown in. The best thing about this game as well is the replayability and the amount there is to do. There's characters to unlock, creatures to unlock, levels to try and 100% (collect all lums, find all the people who need rescuing and doing the time trial), daily challenges, weekly challenges, a fun little mini game and you can also unlock a load of levels from the origins game.

If you like platformers, quite simply, get it.
  6. Feb 22, 2014
    I will say that if you played this game on last gen, there is very little difference in the experience.
  7. Feb 26, 2014
    Just because the graphics are great, it offers nothing new in the gameplay department. The developers have a long way to offer new, innovative gameplay. Don't be fooled by its appearance.
  8. Apr 7, 2014
    The version is no different from the other console versions, and that is ok. To me, the release of Rayman Legends on the PS4 or Xbox One wasn't about offering more content, or a different experience. That is just fine with me, and the reason I decided to wait until it released on next get was for the features of the consoles because the game is the same.
    The game is fast, fluid, and
    The game is fast, fluid, and masterfully done. There are many levels, character unlocks, and weekly/daily challenges to compete against the community online. The platforming is very well done and a great variety of challenges. The vibrant colors and art is a delight to look at, and some of the best levels incorporate music that coincides with your movement. The Castle Rock level is by far my favorite, and is so well done I have played it several times just for the experience.
    The mulitplayer, couch Co-Op is done very well. I seek out titles that offer couch co-op so my children can play. As long as one person is skilled enough the level can be beaten, and the other players can hop in and out at any time. My only complaint is the lack of online multiplayer, and this is a feature that should have been added.

The benefit of the xbox one version is what the console offers. I love the ability to just leave the game on the console by playing another application or turning the console off, and I am able to pick up where I left off in seconds. The ability to get into playing the game quickly is great for me since often I just want to get a few minutes of game time, and this does it well.

Fun Factor: 10/10 A blast to play
    Graphics: 10/10 Gorgeous HD, hand drawn game that looks like art
    Sound: 9/10 - Most levels sound and music mix well with character actions on screen. More levels like Castle rock please!
    Controls: 9/10 Near perfect controls, and this is necessary for a platformer. Could be a 10/10-but there are rare occasion it felt like a tweek is needed.
    Multiplayer 9/10 - Couch Co-op makes this game awesome and worth a purchase for me. I docked a point for no online level play. The daily/weekly challenges is a nice touch, but a bit more would have been nice.
  9. Apr 23, 2014
    Outstanding. Outstanding. Outstanding. There's not much else left to say. This game offers everything its predecessor did and more. Fluid gameplay, brilliant music. And now online daily and weekly challenges, as well as adorable collectables, loads of Origins inspired unlockable levels, AND probably best of all - Rhythm based levels focused around pieces of music that show how trulyOutstanding. Outstanding. Outstanding. There's not much else left to say. This game offers everything its predecessor did and more. Fluid gameplay, brilliant music. And now online daily and weekly challenges, as well as adorable collectables, loads of Origins inspired unlockable levels, AND probably best of all - Rhythm based levels focused around pieces of music that show how truly seamless the level design is. A must have for your Xbox One! Expand
  10. Mar 25, 2014
    I truly don't understand what's so good about Rayman games. Sure, the originals were fun, but it is just an example of what happens when you feed Mario too many puberty-growth level mushrooms. I'm trying to say that it's Mario, but less groundbreaking, and less 1983. I'll give it a 4, because it was a bit of fun to play, but it isn't worth its price tag. It looks good. So what? DayZ looksI truly don't understand what's so good about Rayman games. Sure, the originals were fun, but it is just an example of what happens when you feed Mario too many puberty-growth level mushrooms. I'm trying to say that it's Mario, but less groundbreaking, and less 1983. I'll give it a 4, because it was a bit of fun to play, but it isn't worth its price tag. It looks good. So what? DayZ looks better. Will you start saying that DayZ is better? (It is. More value, reduced price. But once again, not my point.)

Buy it if you're a fan/vet of the series, but go get Titanfall or something that's more addictive if you're not.
    inb4hate/downvote
  11. May 6, 2014
    I was unsure about buying a platformer for the Xbox One, But I have been very pleased with this purchase. The Rayman brand is fairly new to me I've played Origins on my vita and enjoyed it. The core game play is lots of fun but what makes this a 9 is the sheer amount of content. You have a large game full of levels with lots of replay value (going back to get the collectibles, and max outI was unsure about buying a platformer for the Xbox One, But I have been very pleased with this purchase. The Rayman brand is fairly new to me I've played Origins on my vita and enjoyed it. The core game play is lots of fun but what makes this a 9 is the sheer amount of content. You have a large game full of levels with lots of replay value (going back to get the collectibles, and max out your lums etc...) There are also fun daily and weekly challenges to tackle. On top of that you can unlock the entire Rayman origins game. This is a great couch multiplayer game (unfortunately no online which would have made it a definite 10) a friend can hop in and play along side you or you can square off against each other in a simple yet fun soccer mini game. If you are looking for a fun game for gamers or non-gamers, this is a great pick up. Expand
  12. Mar 22, 2015
    Picked this up for free with the games with gold deal and it is worth it! First off the movements in this game are great and its such a pleasure moving through out each stage and the scrolling combat feels so good. The Level design is fantastic in Legends, with fluid progression and hidden areas to find teensies and coins. The ending missions of each painting are probably the best levelsPicked this up for free with the games with gold deal and it is worth it! First off the movements in this game are great and its such a pleasure moving through out each stage and the scrolling combat feels so good. The Level design is fantastic in Legends, with fluid progression and hidden areas to find teensies and coins. The ending missions of each painting are probably the best levels in the game, they are quick paced and have a great score that matches your traversal to the area i couldn't get enough of it. Boss battles are well designed to and make good use of the game play mechanics. There is a sizable amount of content in this game and after roughly 25 hours into the game i still have teensies to go back and collect. whats also great is that Rayman Origins is bundled into the game too so basically two games in one is what your getting. Art direction is nothing special but nice to look at and different from some of the games you will see. Unfortunately if your looking for a great story to immerse yourself in this will not do it for you, but as a pure platformer Legends is extremely fun and well worth your time. Expand
  13. Feb 27, 2015
    Very good game. I'm not usually a big fan of side scrollers, but picked this up anyway to give it a try. I don't regret it. Rayman Legends got me hooked with its fun gameplay, the charming graphics and the cute characters and lovely music.

Admittedly, I did get frustrated quite a few times since the difficulty level can at times be quite hard, especially for someone like me who hasn't got a great deal of experience with that kind of game genre. Still, I recommend this game for people who like side scrollers. Especially if you like some challenge (for example, if you want to get all the gold medals) this may be something to consider. The coop is also a big bonus in my opinion, I had a blast playing this for hours with my girlfriend, even though I have to say, not every level works well for coop.

The game also has a good performance on Xbox One, and there is plenty of content. Plus, if you go achievement hunting, there is a lot of replay value. But even if you don't, it will take you (estimated) up to 30 hours to finish all the Legends and Origin levels on the game.

Now, if I like this game so much, why don't I give it a 10? Simple: Because of some minor infuriating things, like the controls sometimes doing weird things, and the Ubisoft servers, which sometimes just don't work properly and end up deleting your online scores for the daily and/or weekly challenges, which is very annoying if you just got yourself a hard-earned gold cup.
  14. May 14, 2014
    Bel gioco che non ha nulla da invidiare a super mario: sicuramente il migliore platform che ora c'è su XboX One. Carina l'idea delle sfide settimanali e giornaliere.
  15. Jun 16, 2014
    This game looks and feels amazing, and it definitely captures the Rayman charm. Still, it definitely became repetitive after a while. This game improves on the platformer genre significantly, but it doesn't revolutionize it enough to engage people like me who want a game with more gameplay depth. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys platformers, as this is nearly as good as it gets.This game looks and feels amazing, and it definitely captures the Rayman charm. Still, it definitely became repetitive after a while. This game improves on the platformer genre significantly, but it doesn't revolutionize it enough to engage people like me who want a game with more gameplay depth. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys platformers, as this is nearly as good as it gets. Sidenote: I personally preferred "Child Of Light". Expand
  16. Mar 5, 2015
    I have never seen a more vibrant, musical, charming game than Rayman Legends. Great level design, beautiful soundtrack, gorgeous visuals. Up there with Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze as my favorite platformer.
  17. Oct 11, 2014
    Max the curse of brotherhood brought me back to the platformer genre, Rayman Legends confirmed my love it again. Its hard to find fault in this title, its so well put together. There is a mountain of levels here including some from Origins. Just a blast of a game, the kids will love, the wife will love it and if you're a big kid like me then you'll love it too.
  18. Feb 27, 2015
  19. Mar 9, 2015
    I've loved Rayman ever since I played "Rayman 3" in 2004, and I can sincerely say that this is the best Rayman game that I have ever played. The graphics are gorgeous, the combat is fluid, and there are tons of collectibles and secrets to discover. It's true that the game is somewhat lacking in the story department, but Rayman has never really been about story. The strength of the seriesI've loved Rayman ever since I played "Rayman 3" in 2004, and I can sincerely say that this is the best Rayman game that I have ever played. The graphics are gorgeous, the combat is fluid, and there are tons of collectibles and secrets to discover. It's true that the game is somewhat lacking in the story department, but Rayman has never really been about story. The strength of the series has always been the gameplay, which is where "Rayman Legends" shines. Expand

No new content, but Ubisoft's Montpellier team astounds us again with just how pretty games can be. [May 2014, p.71]
  2. Mar 19, 2014
    Rayman Legends isn’t just an HD upgrade or a game to tide you over before mechs start punching each other or beanie-hatted superpowered hipsters run amok in Seattle. It may include extra levels and a few extra costumes (taken from other Ubisoft properties) but the real value here is its inherent charm, frantic fun and a free-spirited feeling that enlivens one of the quietest periods in the life of a new console.
    Rayman Legends on the current generation of consoles is the best platforming experience of this early 2014 year.