6.3

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Don't believe the hype. At first the game was amazing, but the new game buzz wore off quickly. It is truly just CoD with Mechs and jeckpacks. And the game modes are uninspired: 3 variations of TDM, CtF, and Controlpoint. Pilot weapons don't feel powerful; the game sorely needs a hardcore mode. The only drive to keep playing was to hit max rank, and then its forgetable. I'll stickDon't believe the hype. At first the game was amazing, but the new game buzz wore off quickly. It is truly just CoD with Mechs and jeckpacks. And the game modes are uninspired: 3 variations of TDM, CtF, and Controlpoint. Pilot weapons don't feel powerful; the game sorely needs a hardcore mode. The only drive to keep playing was to hit max rank, and then its forgetable. I'll stick with BF4 when I want a FPS experience. Expand
  2. Mar 11, 2014
    I gave this game a 6 because of lack of maps. You get the same amount of maps you do with other fps with a single player on the game. I don't mind but the price shouldn't have been $60. I feel it was rushed with lack of skins in weapons and titians. Don't get me wrong I love playing it. I just feel jipped with the amount of maps and options. So far the respawn areas are good. They don'tI gave this game a 6 because of lack of maps. You get the same amount of maps you do with other fps with a single player on the game. I don't mind but the price shouldn't have been $60. I feel it was rushed with lack of skins in weapons and titians. Don't get me wrong I love playing it. I just feel jipped with the amount of maps and options. So far the respawn areas are good. They don't put u in areas where u will die soon as u respawn. Again this is only my opnion of it as of day one Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2014
    A good game which is totally over hyped and has nothing next gen what so ever about it. It is cod with robots running on an engine which is over a decade old, granted its highly modded but still doesn't change the fact. Microsoft has done a good job marketing this game buy making people think its a GOTY contender when its simply not. The bots are as dumb as they come and add nothing to theA good game which is totally over hyped and has nothing next gen what so ever about it. It is cod with robots running on an engine which is over a decade old, granted its highly modded but still doesn't change the fact. Microsoft has done a good job marketing this game buy making people think its a GOTY contender when its simply not. The bots are as dumb as they come and add nothing to the game but noob cannon fodder. Its not a bad game just not a great game. Honestly don't believe the hype Microsoft has "paid for" and definitely don't waste money buying an xboxone for this because this game is not good enough to be a system seller. I'm not out to bash the game because it is fun but someone has to be real because reviewers on mainstream sites are not.. Expand
  4. Mar 11, 2014
    This game isn't the zero that Sony Ponies are giving it, and it's definitely not the 10 that Xbots are giving it.

It's a slightly better FPS than Call of Duty. It just has the unenviable task of being the first big post-launch game for a new console system. Anyone giving it a ten is deluded, as is anyone giving it less than 5. Only broken games deserve a score that low, and it's not broken. I deduct points from it for being online-only, not impressing visually, not staying steady at 60fps and having a disappointing 792p resolution.
  5. Mar 11, 2014
    Call of duty with mechs... just uglier.

If you are into the mindless twitch shooting that the call of duty franchise has become, then you will want to buy this game. If you are more into the strategic team-oriented gameplay of the battlefield franchise, then stay away.

6v6? really!?
  6. Mar 11, 2014
    It's fun enough but it's absolutely not worth $60, not nearly enough modes, decent amount of maps but everything is lacking. No single player is not an issue to me, but lack of a compelling multiplayer campaign is.

Graphics are pretty poor, I don't imagine the 360 version will look that much worse to be frank, very dated, that and the fact that it's not even running at full HD mean the jaggies everywhere and pretty severe framerate dips are unacceptable.

AI is a little dumb but they're cloud powered apparently so they could improve their algorithms.

In conclusion, perfectly fun little shooter, but it has been severely overhyped by the press and it doesn't offer much in the way of value, price wise.
  7. Mar 11, 2014
    The biggest problem with the game is that it sets a precedent for what gamers are willing to pay for an online only multiplayer game. I'd even say it's multiplayer gives you less for the money then other FPS do in terms of content. So by buying this game, I felt like I was selling myself to a new future standard where multiplayer only games will be sold full price.
  8. Mar 11, 2014
    Titanfall isn't a bad game, but it isn't a great game either. Even though some people deny it, it really is just Call of Duty in the future with giant robots. The entire load-out section is almost a mirror copy of CoD, but has a lot less customization options. There was only 10-12 weapons that you could choose from, and only a handful of perks. The game rounds went by extremely fast, andTitanfall isn't a bad game, but it isn't a great game either. Even though some people deny it, it really is just Call of Duty in the future with giant robots. The entire load-out section is almost a mirror copy of CoD, but has a lot less customization options. There was only 10-12 weapons that you could choose from, and only a handful of perks. The game rounds went by extremely fast, and the AI bots are little more than cannon fodder. While Titans are well balanced, it seems too easy to obtain them, and too easy to destroy them.

Pros:
    Like Call of Duty
    Well balanced gameplay

Cons:
    Like Call of Duty
    Lack of customization options
    Almost worthless AI. If you're going to have 48 people on a map, why can only 12 be human players?
  9. Mar 11, 2014
    I will commend Respawn as what is in the release package is a pretty good game, nothing spectacular, but good gameplay for a first installment to a series. This leads to excitement for future installments. My issue; however, is the amount in the release package. Not sure if this was Respawn's call, EA's, or simply they were pressured for a certain release window and this is what they couldI will commend Respawn as what is in the release package is a pretty good game, nothing spectacular, but good gameplay for a first installment to a series. This leads to excitement for future installments. My issue; however, is the amount in the release package. Not sure if this was Respawn's call, EA's, or simply they were pressured for a certain release window and this is what they could do in time but the amount of product is pretty disappointing. While I disagree with a lack of SP, I would understand if that translated to a lot of depth in the MP. But for a mutiplayer only game I find features and depth missing. Not exactly sure if its a good thing as consumers to show the gaming industry with our buying power that such things are acceptable for a full $60 purchase. I, like many others, prefer quality over quantity. But that is usually with a basic expectation of quantity a game should have. This game sadly fails to meet that basic quantity expectation, which hurts it despite its quality. Expand
  10. Mar 11, 2014
    This game does do a few things that are new to the FPS genre, like the NPCs and Mech vehicles that you can jump in and out of. Oh, and bonus points for scifi which I'd love to see more of in this genre. The different modes are fun, but some could use some work. One mode has you and the opposing team start out in your mechs, but it tends to be lopsided once a team loses a single mech to theThis game does do a few things that are new to the FPS genre, like the NPCs and Mech vehicles that you can jump in and out of. Oh, and bonus points for scifi which I'd love to see more of in this genre. The different modes are fun, but some could use some work. One mode has you and the opposing team start out in your mechs, but it tends to be lopsided once a team loses a single mech to the point that 90% of the time you can tell who will win by that first kill. As for longevity, there is enough of a ceiling on the skill level (I'm sure some people will love mastering the wall walking) that if you're a fan of the FPS genre in general you can enjoy this game for many months; however, if you were just drawn to this game for the Mech combat it's doubtful this game will hold your interest past a couple weeks. There just isn't enough variety in the mechs themselves and the available game modes. All-in-all this game doesn't live up to all the hype, but will be an enjoyable distraction for most. Expand
  11. Mar 18, 2014
    a mediocre game with poor single player and a lack of originality, it's feels like call of duty with titans and parkour in it, i'd suggest you spend your $60 on dark souls 2
  12. Mar 11, 2014
    Average.

Enjoyed the game, but completely over-hyped. Nothing more than COD with giant RC robots. Okay, you can run up walls and such, but other than that, it felt surprisingly samey.
  13. Mar 11, 2014
    Played the open beta and loved it. Unfortunately, the frame rate dropping in Last Titan Standing still exists for the Xbox One. As a flagship title it's rather annoying when fights get intense. Overall the game is great but only a few of the modes (such as CTF and Last Titan Standing) are standout spectacular. The rest of the modes are dull and uninspired.
  14. Mar 11, 2014
    Titanfall, as much as I thought it was going to change the shooter genre, fell below my super high expectations. While this game is by no stretch a bad game, it could have been made a lot better. This review would be way too long to write everything out, so here is a pros and cons list:

Pros: Concept works Fun game all around Wide selection of weapons Cons: Only online play, no

Pros: Concept works
    Fun game all around
    Wide selection of weapons

Cons: Only online play, no single player or offline multiplayer
    Feels like CoD (No recoil, poor hit markers)
    Mediocre graphics (it's a port)
    Few game modes
    Not enough for the $60 price
    Cheap physics system (curving bullets and tracking pistols)

This game could have been a much better game and, if they make a sequel, I would expect that game to be great. This game just doest provide enough for the $60 and just feels like every other shooter. In spite of this, it still can give you a couple of hours of enjoyable gameplay.
  15. Mar 16, 2014
    Meh... You will see everything that can be seen on your first day. Every day after will just be a rinse and repeat experience. I want to see what all the 10/10 reviewers think 1 week after release after all the hype is gone.
  16. Mar 11, 2014
    it annoys me when people just bash people that give low scores because they think they are Sony Fanboys. i adored xbox for years, but now.. Titanfall... can't even play the tutorial unless your connected, DLC, barely any game modes i mean come on.. not even a story to enjoy. few rounds of CTF and it'll be on the shelf.
    come back on here and tell me after a week of running flags into a
    come back on here and tell me after a week of running flags into a base is still fun. the shine will wear off their Titan balls pretty quick lol.
    there seems to be a split between gamers these days, the hardcore multiplayers and the hardcore experience seekers, (people who love a good story and plot development)
    and even if Titanfall does do really well.. its still a case of EA bending over gullible punters to take their fisting when you have to fork out for new game modes and maps on top of the already overpriced game that it is.
    I was gonna buy this on my 360, but i think i'll pass. i don't feel like im missing anything i couldn't get from playing any other online shooter.
    I hope this isn't the future of games because if it is.. i'm out.
  17. Mar 11, 2014
    Awesome and fun game, Gives the COD formula the much needed new lease of life, but will not really offer you much if your not already a fan of the COD style. Love the multiplayer themed campaign and it will be something we will see a lot off in the future. is it worth buying a Xbox One for? Nope just wait for the 360 version
  18. Mar 16, 2014
    Due to my disappointment in this game I was compelled to create an account and write a review. Total waste of $60+tax for me, I may be the minority but I enjoy a nice single player campaign and this game has none. Graphics could have been done on Xbox 360. Unless you love running ,gunning and multiplayer chaos, steer clear of this one or definitely rent it first.
  19. Mar 17, 2014
    I'll keep this simple. It adds nothing new that hasn't already been done it just finely polishes other game mechanics. It was fun for the first hour but then the hype wore off and i actually started to play the game and get annoyed/fustrated. I might be getting sick of shooters but i see very little difference in game experience if i played blacklight a free game. I'm not saying its a badI'll keep this simple. It adds nothing new that hasn't already been done it just finely polishes other game mechanics. It was fun for the first hour but then the hype wore off and i actually started to play the game and get annoyed/fustrated. I might be getting sick of shooters but i see very little difference in game experience if i played blacklight a free game. I'm not saying its a bad game. It just doesn't do anything new and take risks. Just takes gameplay that worked well for other games and shoved it into a shooter. The game also feels very empty content wise similar to MAG but instead of 256 player hype it was mechs. Atleast they now are giving it for free to anyone picking up a X1 like it did for wii sports it will make it seem like a good game because of 'sales'. Expand
  20. Mar 11, 2014
    Let me start out by saying its a fun game, with that said anyone who rates this a 10 should get slapped by my titan, on the X1 it has a few issues one is Screen Tearing it happens ALOT, another is they tried to put a story into the game and honestly i have no clue what the sides are fighting about nor did i care. reason for me giving this a 7 is the Screen Tearing issue and online only,Let me start out by saying its a fun game, with that said anyone who rates this a 10 should get slapped by my titan, on the X1 it has a few issues one is Screen Tearing it happens ALOT, another is they tried to put a story into the game and honestly i have no clue what the sides are fighting about nor did i care. reason for me giving this a 7 is the Screen Tearing issue and online only, now the online only part isnt a big issue but there arent alot of modes, what i mean is a game like Halo 2 which is 2 generations older has more game modes and had a decent online mode, i just think for a online only game there arent enough game modes and i can see the ones there getting boring after a while. they do however give you a good amount of Maps at 15 thats pretty damn good. all in all the game is fun for now but unless the dlc for the game has game modes i dont see me playing this past a few months or until Destiny comes out. Expand
  21. Mar 11, 2014
    I was very excited to play this game. I forked out over $60 only to find out that there is no single player campaign. I think the multiplayer is great, but where in the media blitz was the mention that there is no single player. Buyer beware! If you are expecting a single player campaign, don't buy this. Other than that, it is an enjoyable game. I'm not sure that it has the depth to makeI was very excited to play this game. I forked out over $60 only to find out that there is no single player campaign. I think the multiplayer is great, but where in the media blitz was the mention that there is no single player. Buyer beware! If you are expecting a single player campaign, don't buy this. Other than that, it is an enjoyable game. I'm not sure that it has the depth to make me a long time player, but it's engaging nonetheless. Expand
  22. Mar 11, 2014
    Overhyped is an understatement, gameplay is fun and frantic but the graphics are blah and some weapons are over powered , I would not buy an xbox 1 just for this game and you shouldn't either ! If you have a PC buy it for that cause it will look better and play better ! The fanboys giving this game a 10/10 are just that FANBOY'S!!
  23. Mar 11, 2014
    Maybe my expectations were too high, but I honestly don't see why this is so special. I mean it's fun, but it has little substance and lacks value in my opinion. If this was a $40 game, then I would bump this up to a 7.
  24. Mar 11, 2014
    was fun for like 20 mins but vary repetitive just cod mixed with halo with some robots , 6v6 is would be fine with out all these useless brain-dead bots
  25. Mar 11, 2014
    Right firstly, I own sony consoles and have no preference over either machines, I played the Beta to death, bearing in mind that was 2 maps.

Now I really can't understand the 0-5/10 reviews on here, the game is really good. It's well balanced and has a great variety of maps, it has also has tried something different from Battlefield and COD which in my opinion are starting to get a bit stale.

Now I am not saying this is the perfect game, but it deserves more than it's getting. All the maps have something to like about them, the backdrops to the maps are something to behold, it would of been nice to get in 1080p, but I'd rather the framerate stay up near 60, and they will patch that down the line I'm sure. It has fantastic Gameplay, the free-running and Titans all work brilliantly together, I always found the combat had lots of options to it and was very exciting. Most important though the game is incredibly fun to play and that's why I play games to have fun.

Don't listen to some of the pointless negative reviews on here, I mean seriously anyone who thinks this game deserves less than Thief and Just Dance 2 has got a screw loose, I mean it is reviewing something low for the sake of it and it leaves a bitter taste.

Anyway, I would highly recommend this game and score it 9/10, but to combat all the idiots giving it 0/10 I will score it 10/10 to try and address the balance. All this goes to show is there is no-one more pathetic than a bitter and twisted fan-boy, It would be funny if it didn't kick all the people who worked hard on this game in the teeth.
  26. Mar 11, 2014
    I've never had this much fun since Modern Warfare 2! The movement is by far my favorite part of the game, so smooth. The formulas in this game like wall-running, double jump, and giant mechs make a perfect recipe. The balance in this game is incredible which is crucial to a multiplayer. I actually see myself as a pilot more often than a titan. The people who say the Grunts and SpectresI've never had this much fun since Modern Warfare 2! The movement is by far my favorite part of the game, so smooth. The formulas in this game like wall-running, double jump, and giant mechs make a perfect recipe. The balance in this game is incredible which is crucial to a multiplayer. I actually see myself as a pilot more often than a titan. The people who say the Grunts and Spectres believe that it makes the game too easy and makes the game for casual gamers instead of the competitive type. I feel aandkh on reddit made a good point saying "I've seen a lot of love for Titanfall, but if there's one complaint I see floating around it's that the grunts and spectres are dumb and too numerous. I think they are perfect the way they are. They should be used to cut down your Titan cooldown. But shooting them reveals your location on the minimap to enemy pilots. It's this dynamic alone that makes them necessary in the game. It really does add a lot to the experience, but ramping up the difficulty on them would just be too distracting to the core gameplay." The risk/reward mechanic really changes the game especially in a 6v6 game! This game is epic and I hope that other people who are giving it bad reviews can realize that. Expand
  27. Mar 11, 2014
    TitanFall makes its mark on the First Person Shooter genre by being carefully inventive instead of all-out game-changing, though the game will be hailed as a game-changer for the genre. The story elements woven into the multiplayer components helps to keep this from being just a mindless competitive shooter. Action is never-ending - it's as if the only way to experience dull moments isTitanFall makes its mark on the First Person Shooter genre by being carefully inventive instead of all-out game-changing, though the game will be hailed as a game-changer for the genre. The story elements woven into the multiplayer components helps to keep this from being just a mindless competitive shooter. Action is never-ending - it's as if the only way to experience dull moments is to intentionally seek them out by hiding on the far reaches of the available maps and engaging nobody. Respawn Entertainment were intentional about keeping you engaged, and you will be engaged. The game allows you to effortlessly glide through various terrain and buildings as a pilot and mercilessly crush your opponents from the protection of a Titan. Still, the game masterfully balances the play of both. Really, the game is effortless to approach - seemingly complicated at first glance it takes little time to get the hang of. There is a lot to TitanFall that you simply have to experience to appreciate, and experience it you should. The game is shipping with the open beta's 792p with upscaling to 1080p yet it still looks good. Respawn has made official statements that they intend to utilize a future patch to up the graphics resolution to 900p once they can be certain 60 FPS will be maintained, something that will be more of a treat than a necessity. Whether these kinds of optimizations come to light or not, it's clear that Respawn intend to put a lot of effort into their creation after its launch. I'm also happy to see a very reasonable DLC approach with 3 planned expansion packs that are said to retail @ $9.99 each (cheaper with a seasons pass), instead of the now-norm of $14.99 from DLC maniacs like Call of Duty and Battlefield, to which the same amount and type of content will be added. This game has the power to move consoles. It is the Halo that helped make Xbox important back when Microsoft was a newby to game consoles and it deserves your consideration. Kick aside these low-ball ratings and see for yourself why TitanFall earned unanimous praise amongst critics and those that have played it and are playing it now. Expand
  28. Mar 11, 2014
    What can I say about Titanfall, that everybody wants to hear. It is NEXT GENERATION! The graphics are good, the gameplay is addictive at times and there are plenty of multiplayer "ONLY" modes to play. I still hope that more modes and hopefully an offline mode (yeah right) can be added to this game. The game is succeeding and selling well so I am VERY HAPPY to see this. Gamers around theWhat can I say about Titanfall, that everybody wants to hear. It is NEXT GENERATION! The graphics are good, the gameplay is addictive at times and there are plenty of multiplayer "ONLY" modes to play. I still hope that more modes and hopefully an offline mode (yeah right) can be added to this game. The game is succeeding and selling well so I am VERY HAPPY to see this. Gamers around the world are very happy with this game ( I hope the servers are fixed for South Africa). I just hope that EA does not @#$% this UP! Enjoy gamers and I will enjoy this game too for as long as the servers stay up. Yup! The only big problem that I have with online only games is that once servers crash or are taken down, NO MORE TITANFALL! So that would be $60 down the drain with no single player offline modes. Yup. Enjoy gamers. Enjoy! Expand
  29. Mar 11, 2014
    After gaining early access to the game and having played more than a few hours online I can safely say that it is a rather addictive shooter. If you are tired of the yearly iterations of Call of Duty then I would strongly recommend giving titanfall a shot. The game play is fast paced and the controls are very fluent. The game is very well balanced. As a pilot I never felt like titans posedAfter gaining early access to the game and having played more than a few hours online I can safely say that it is a rather addictive shooter. If you are tired of the yearly iterations of Call of Duty then I would strongly recommend giving titanfall a shot. The game play is fast paced and the controls are very fluent. The game is very well balanced. As a pilot I never felt like titans posed so much of a threat as to make them unbalanced. I was skeptical of the AI aka cannon fodder at first but after a while I came to appreciate them. They provide a distraction from the pvp action and give new players and those more seasoned the ability to gain kills and rank up fairly evenly. I'm not saying that same someone who plays the game 24 hours a day wont come out on top, but new players can still feel like they are contributing. The lack of a dedicated singleplayer/campaign mode was frustrating as I believe there is enough material within the titanfall universe to flesh out a unique and rewarding single player experience. The controls are sharp, the action is fast paced and if you want a game that takes from the familiar and also provides a fresh experience...prepare for titanfall. Expand
  30. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is by far one of the best games i have played and enjoyed for so long, not because its a shooter but because of how the game mechanics are utilised, the vertical aspect of game keeps you on your toes and watching you back just becomes second nature. Im seeing many people complain because it has no single player, the only thing i can say is you dont need a single playing to enjoyThis game is by far one of the best games i have played and enjoyed for so long, not because its a shooter but because of how the game mechanics are utilised, the vertical aspect of game keeps you on your toes and watching you back just becomes second nature. Im seeing many people complain because it has no single player, the only thing i can say is you dont need a single playing to enjoy a game, most people dont bother playing single players on shooters these days because there is no creativity when going up against simple AI. Ttitanfall offers something on a whole new level and im proud to say i own it. Expand
  31. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is a breath of fresh air to the FPS genre of games. Whilst it is familiar enough to seasoned FPS players it is also incredibly easy to pick up and play for those new to the genre or those who have traditionally never been very good at the genre.

The graphics look very impressive despite the whole "lower resolution" argument, and it is believed the resolution will improve in the near future via a patch.

With the focus being only on a multi-player game it has made that element the best it can be whilst still providing enough of a "story" to make the game engaging.

Anyone who likes FPS and plays this game will enjoy it, simple as that. Anyone who says otherwise either has not played it, or more likely cannot play it due to not owning a platform that can.
  32. Mar 11, 2014
    Really awesome game. The whole pilot and titan sides of this game brings new dynamics to the gameplay and just add fast movement with that and yopu got a solid game. Respawn have nailed the balance nothing feels overpowered or useless. Though the campaign multiplayer could have used some more work. I hope the coming DLC will add to the campaign side of things as well as the multiplayer.
  33. Mar 11, 2014
    Titanfall is a fast paced fps that is sure to get the average excited about a once stale genre filled with nothing more than shooters of the likes that are Call of Duty and Battle Field. While the game isn't going to change your life it may definitely change your opinion of this genre when you get literally pulled into the excitement that is a Titan. Having played both the beta and theTitanfall is a fast paced fps that is sure to get the average excited about a once stale genre filled with nothing more than shooters of the likes that are Call of Duty and Battle Field. While the game isn't going to change your life it may definitely change your opinion of this genre when you get literally pulled into the excitement that is a Titan. Having played both the beta and the release versions of Titanfall I am glad I bought the release as i'll be playing it all the time. Not only that but the developer Respawn has suggested they're going to keep working towards future improvements for the game meaning not only do you get your moneys worth but the experience can only get better. Expand
  34. Mar 11, 2014
    Though not a perfect game, it does have its flaws, it is the most enjoyable FPS game I have played since the Halo and CoD 4 days. All the negative reviews on here are just plain ridiculous, the majority of them are either Sony fanboys or just on the "hate Titanfall" bandwagon. The story isn't anything special, it gives you insight on the war between the IMC and the Militia but it's theThough not a perfect game, it does have its flaws, it is the most enjoyable FPS game I have played since the Halo and CoD 4 days. All the negative reviews on here are just plain ridiculous, the majority of them are either Sony fanboys or just on the "hate Titanfall" bandwagon. The story isn't anything special, it gives you insight on the war between the IMC and the Militia but it's the gameplay where the game shines. The flow between Pilot and Titan is perfect and both are very balanced. The parkour and movement are very smooth and feel good and natural. The 15 maps are very detailed and fun to play on. The weapons are all easy to use and feel good when you use them. One of the only things that I think it suffers from is very limited game types but it's not like many of the game types from Battlefield or Call of Duty will suit this game well. So far I am really impressed by Respawn and how well they made their first game as a new company. Expand
  35. Mar 14, 2014
    Okay, Titanfall for me is an ok game and nothing more. The gameplay is functional but didnt catch my interest for too long. Titanfall for me its an overhyped game and nothing more.
  36. Mar 13, 2014
    This is a horrible game. There is not much content here to warrant a 60 dollar price tag.The lag is horrible, the graphics are sub par for a game that "pushes the Xbox One to the limit" and to top it off. There is only four game modes! For a next gen game this is a disappointing title and a Arcade game at best. Don't buy this for 60 bucks because you can spend your hard earned money elseThis is a horrible game. There is not much content here to warrant a 60 dollar price tag.The lag is horrible, the graphics are sub par for a game that "pushes the Xbox One to the limit" and to top it off. There is only four game modes! For a next gen game this is a disappointing title and a Arcade game at best. Don't buy this for 60 bucks because you can spend your hard earned money else where and get more entertainment. Expand
  37. Mar 13, 2014
    Game is fun, for about an hour. After that it gets rather boring, rather quickly. Some new ideas were brought to the table, but they are no where near being able to pull the game out of what it really is. A very big disappointment. Nothing about this game screams next gen, 6v6 combat honestly? Very exciting for servers that are suppose to house up to 64 players. The titans had the mostGame is fun, for about an hour. After that it gets rather boring, rather quickly. Some new ideas were brought to the table, but they are no where near being able to pull the game out of what it really is. A very big disappointment. Nothing about this game screams next gen, 6v6 combat honestly? Very exciting for servers that are suppose to house up to 64 players. The titans had the most opportunity to succeed, but they also fail. Combat is repetitive, point, shoot, smash, eject, repeat. Overall, Microsoft succeed more in marketing rather then actually developing a decent game. Expand
  38. Mar 11, 2014
    Amazing Game. This is the gameplay I have been waiting for years. Now, this is next gen. Xbox One, PC and Xbox 360 will be delivered the best FPS so far.
  39. Mar 11, 2014
    loving this so far, gameplay feels fresh, framerate runs smooth. fun to jump into a party with friends and just spend a few hours. map selection is great, plenty of options across all maps for any playstyle you prefer.
  40. Mar 11, 2014
    Holy smokes this game is fun! I had burned out on COD and even BF4 to some extent, TF is really nothing like them and is just a rocking good time. I can't recommend it enough. Good luck out there, pilots.
  41. Mar 11, 2014
    Awesome Game for the Xbox One. Fast gameplay and great graphics. *Only multiplayer, no singleplayer*
    If you like FPS multiplayer, then this is for you.
  42. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is the most fun I have had in a long time! I have played it for the last five hours, and still can't get enough. Someone may want to check into a rehab...
  43. Mar 15, 2014
    Too little content. No custom games, too few game modes, way too few weapons and titans to choose from. They did well with the map quantity, but this game content just doesn't justify the 60 dollar price tag. So according to me, the game isn't worth its price. Wait for a sale.
  44. Mar 11, 2014
    Unbelievable fun. Best original shooter since Gears of War, maybe even longer! Great mix between fast paces pilot action, and slightly slower TItan combat. If you're a fan of online shooters, this is a must have on Xbox One!
  45. Mar 12, 2014
    My memory of Titanfall will be the fiasco that is "instant replay deaths." Not worth the investment of time it would take to learn a surplus of maps. Instead of 4 icon maps, we get 15 and hence no reason to ever buy a subscription. This too heavily favors twitch style players who favor improvising. And squelches the newbies or people who like to learn maps and strategies. Not worth yourMy memory of Titanfall will be the fiasco that is "instant replay deaths." Not worth the investment of time it would take to learn a surplus of maps. Instead of 4 icon maps, we get 15 and hence no reason to ever buy a subscription. This too heavily favors twitch style players who favor improvising. And squelches the newbies or people who like to learn maps and strategies. Not worth your money, and a subscription is a joke. Furthermore, they lied to us. They said the campaign was multi-player only leading us to believe it was a story that had to be told through a group effort or strategy, etc. This only means that the campaign is... actually... a 6 vs 6 multi-player map exactly like the multi-player experience, with the only difference being a radio cut scene played during the 80 second match countdown that is exactly the same as what you see in multi-player. In other words. You can now be satisfied that they spent an additional 1 week of programming to include the ability to say they have a campaign, which they actually... do not have. Kudos for a fun concept and extremely well done tech demo, but this franchise is DOA. Expand
  46. Mar 11, 2014
    Greatness finally arrived. Titanfall is by far the best MP-shooter out there as you can read everywhere on the Internet. Lots of fun playing in a team with friends. GOTY incoming ...
  47. Mar 12, 2014
    Titanfall is simply not living up to the hype. With its lacking singleplayer and custimization in multiplayer the $60 pricetag is very unreasonable. Gamers who are looking to buy an xbox one only because of Titanfall will be thoroughly dissapointed.
  48. Mar 11, 2014
    After playing the beta this seemed like a casual game. Its not intended to be played competitivly or for extremly long sessions. In small doses Titanfall may get repeptitive. While I dont agree with some, the use of the multiplayer maps as campaing levels made me feel cheated of my experience. Playing on Xbox One I havn't noticed any low frames or screen tearing as some have reported.After playing the beta this seemed like a casual game. Its not intended to be played competitivly or for extremly long sessions. In small doses Titanfall may get repeptitive. While I dont agree with some, the use of the multiplayer maps as campaing levels made me feel cheated of my experience. Playing on Xbox One I havn't noticed any low frames or screen tearing as some have reported. While this isnt a revolution for shooters it is a breath of fresh air. Ide rather see another Titanfall than Call of Duty in the coming year. Expand
  49. Mar 11, 2014
    Excellent Game, Breaths new life into a old genre. Unlike most I own the game, so I have no problems giving you my opinions. Not that it means much here because people are allowed to rate games that they know nothing about., nor have they ever played.
  50. Mar 11, 2014
    I played the beta for 3 days and downloaded the full game last night. It's not omg the greatest game that's ever been made and will ever be made, but it is the true next evolution of multiplayer shooters, well worth owning, and deserving of the top score, Of course I would prefer 1080 out of the gate but that is a very small component to actual overall enjoyment (take old school Bond,I played the beta for 3 days and downloaded the full game last night. It's not omg the greatest game that's ever been made and will ever be made, but it is the true next evolution of multiplayer shooters, well worth owning, and deserving of the top score, Of course I would prefer 1080 out of the gate but that is a very small component to actual overall enjoyment (take old school Bond, GTAIII, or Fallout 3 for example). Expand
  51. Mar 11, 2014
    Awesome game. The chaotic multiplayer makes for a lot of fun, very fast paced. Anyone who says this game is terrible and gives it a zero likely owns a ps4. Anyone with an xbox one should definitely pick up this game as it is well worth $60.
  52. Mar 11, 2014
    Honestly after playing it all night....it's a great game, a lot of haters seem to want to bring the score down for some reason....but this is definitely the best fps to come along for quite some time, if you have an Xbox one, you need to have this game. The only thing don't buy this game if your not into fps or simply want a game with a great story....this is simply pure multi-player funHonestly after playing it all night....it's a great game, a lot of haters seem to want to bring the score down for some reason....but this is definitely the best fps to come along for quite some time, if you have an Xbox one, you need to have this game. The only thing don't buy this game if your not into fps or simply want a game with a great story....this is simply pure multi-player fun and chaos! Expand
  53. Mar 11, 2014
    Transfering control to pilot. Titanfall delivers, fresh frenetic gameplay, perfectly balanced maps, this is the love we had come to expect from the talent that wisely left activision and created respawn. Finally, gameplay is king once more. Buttery smooth DEDICATED servers mean no host migration, better ai, and better connections all around. Gone are the lag switches, as they no longerTransfering control to pilot. Titanfall delivers, fresh frenetic gameplay, perfectly balanced maps, this is the love we had come to expect from the talent that wisely left activision and created respawn. Finally, gameplay is king once more. Buttery smooth DEDICATED servers mean no host migration, better ai, and better connections all around. Gone are the lag switches, as they no longer afford the cheaters an advantage. As stated above, gameplay is once again king, as this work of art is obviously crafted from blood, sweat, and ... years,.. of experience that is. Respawn pulls it off in spectacular fashion. Buy this game, or never understand.... Expand
  54. Mar 11, 2014
    this is an awesome game smooth controls decent graphics and tons of action all i can say is i haven't had this much fun in a long time dont let the lower user reviews fool you that is just a bunch of angry ps fanboy venting its going to be a good year if you own an xbox one this game is all the proof you need
  55. Mar 11, 2014
    Nothing but awesome. **** of fun, must have for everyone! Don't trust all these **** user reviews here, people giving 0 points are nothing bad jealous. Its incredible how poor and sad it is, that people have to talk games bad just because they don't like it.

0 points? There is no way you could justify a rating of ZERO points for this game. ****
  56. Mar 11, 2014
    Pretty, Pretty, Pretty Good (well, it's great actually... but that didn't fit my Curb your Enthusiasm quote lol).

Parkour / Movement / Fast Paced / Competitive.. these are a few words I would use to describe the game.
    Most fun I've had with a MP shooter since... well, probably ever : or maybe Unreal Tournament 2003.

Buy this game, now.
  57. Mar 11, 2014
    From the fluid movement of the pilots to watching as your Titan falls from the sky, Titanfall is an experience like no other.Titanfall is the first online shooter I've actually enjoyed playing. The variety that comes from the different pilot and titan playstyles keeps each round fresh and entertaining.Titanfall is the best shooter out there! I've been playing it non stop and everythingFrom the fluid movement of the pilots to watching as your Titan falls from the sky, Titanfall is an experience like no other.Titanfall is the first online shooter I've actually enjoyed playing. The variety that comes from the different pilot and titan playstyles keeps each round fresh and entertaining.Titanfall is the best shooter out there! I've been playing it non stop and everything about it is amazing. Expand
  58. Mar 14, 2014
    very bad, at potential fell short of being something amazing, The idea was solid, but with a nasty after taste of been there and done that, Seems that a lot of game developers are too afraid to step out of the normality of what FPS's have
  59. Mar 11, 2014
    this is simply a next gen shooter you have been waiting for. after playing 4 hours straight i honestly can not go back to another shooter game. this is it. and its just the beginning. dont think. Buy!
  60. Mar 11, 2014
    Awesome game. Great array of ways you can play. Titans are nicely balanced. Movement/jumping feels very natural and fairly easy. Doesn't appear to be designed to be super difficult - more about being fun to play. Refreshing after years of same-old-same-old Call of Duty games.
  61. Mar 14, 2014
    Despites the part of the Online Only in Titanfall, witch is a big step for game developers, Titanfall has some aspecects witch leveraged the game to an other baseline as a First Person Shooter (FPS) game, the constant fluency, the awesome conection, the speed how everything happens, the mix of all this stuffs gives you some bunch of adrenalin when you're playing, you start to runover wallsDespites the part of the Online Only in Titanfall, witch is a big step for game developers, Titanfall has some aspecects witch leveraged the game to an other baseline as a First Person Shooter (FPS) game, the constant fluency, the awesome conection, the speed how everything happens, the mix of all this stuffs gives you some bunch of adrenalin when you're playing, you start to runover walls and shoot huge robots (Titans), it's the perfect feeling for a FPS game.

And despites this diferencial, Titanfall offers you everything that you need to found in a complete game, a campaign, multiplayer mode and co-op mode, the history of the game is outstanding, as well the cinamatic missions, despite the 4 hours length, it's a well made campaign.

Concluding, Titanfall has a lot of things to explore, the abscence of a Single Player mode isn't a bad point at all, due the fact that what you found in the Single Player mode, you found in the Multiplayer mode, Titanfall isn't a $60 wasted at all, you will not miss anything, it's just dificult to get usual with an Online Only game, but is a complete FPS game in all aspects. Outstanding 9 ou 10 game!
  62. Mar 11, 2014
    Awesome game ignore the reviews by Sony fans who are only giving bad reviews because they can't play it! Game is great best new FPS in years. Runs great as well Microsoft's Azure data centres are amazing getting 29ms ping. Silky smooth.
  63. Mar 12, 2014
    Very short game, I'm waiting so much from the Xbox1 new generation game. It's very close to Xbox360 graphic and experience in game. Nothing new, they copy original ideas from différents older FPS and well assembled in one thing. For the "Super new generation and experience and WOW game", they don't get the goal. In 3 months no one will remember Titanfall
    I understand all the major
    I understand all the major Professional critics give them a very good score (Microsoft does the same think they did with YouTube) and they can't say what they really think (instead of that, they'll never received an Xbox game to test).
    I have one thing to say : DON'T BUY THIS GAME, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY
  64. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is frantic, and highly enjoyable. Advice: Watch the videos and listen to the critics. The pathetic trolling with "0" scores from annoyed fanboy trolls that don't have this game on their platform is an utter insult to the community and to the hard work the devs put into making this game. They should absolutely be ashamed of themselves.

People are complaining about no

People are complaining about no singleplayer? Why would you buy a game that is multiplayer only if you wanted singleplayer? CoD and BF4 have singleplayer campaigns, true. But just look how rubbish they are and all the problems they have suffered as the result. BF4 is still incredibly broken, Ghosts even more generic than CoD ever was.

$60 into something utterly solid that you can put countless hours into is not a bad investment by any stretch of the imagination.
  65. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is the best multiplayer out there so far. The low user scores are just sony fanboys or trolls to lower the user score. Yes, it has no single player campaign, but they only focused on where they're good at. And it's GREAT! This is the best multiplayer game I played so far.
  66. Mar 11, 2014
    What's to dislike when a game is this fun!!!! From the moment I called in my first Titan I was hooked. Play alone or with friends it's got it all. Great job Respawn
  67. Mar 11, 2014
    TitanFall has set a new defenition to shooters with their fast paced action that blows your mind. No other FPS has ever set the bar this high for other games to compete with. I truly have no problems whatsoever with the framerate dropping like many say. For the people experiencing this, wait a day or two and with will be fixed with a patch, just like in DR3.
  68. Mar 11, 2014
    Call of duty with added mechanics, the point of the game is to create a fluid fun shooter, and thats what it does, and it does it well. Stepping out as a pilot, you feel the rush of any first person shooter. When you realise that you can reach about any height or area based on the parkour element, then that when you start having the true fun. The game titans are also an interesting mechCall of duty with added mechanics, the point of the game is to create a fluid fun shooter, and thats what it does, and it does it well. Stepping out as a pilot, you feel the rush of any first person shooter. When you realise that you can reach about any height or area based on the parkour element, then that when you start having the true fun. The game titans are also an interesting mech being able to ride or use as an AI for back up, this game succeeds in its purpose and as long as the updates are constant then this game will be a hit for a long time . Expand
  69. Mar 11, 2014
    Bought it today!

Loving it! Perfect game!

Great execution, great gameplay, great feeling, great vibe!

Such a beautiful job from the Respawn team!

Dropping Titan in all the people that, don't have the game and are doing negative critics to it.
  70. Mar 11, 2014
    This game has received universal acclaim by every site that has reviewed it so far ( universal acclaim being 8s, 9s , and 10s). Then all of a sudden the massive ocean of Sony bandwagons come to hate on it because they don't have it. Don't listen to them, all they care about are the graphics. They have no respect for good gameplay, and that's where Titanfall excels.
  71. Mar 11, 2014
    Ignore the negative reviews from the sad Sony fans. They don't have any games worth playing so they go to every article or review and post garbage about the Xbox One and the Xbox One games. Titanfall is perfect. It looks and plays great on the Xbox One. Fast moving, lots of action and never boring.
  72. Mar 12, 2014
    In many ways Titanfall has a lot of stuff and it should be good for a hundred hours of online chaos, but despite this it feels kind of kind of cut down. I'm not sure if hype scaled up what it was supposed to be but the everything new and exciting is almost balanced out by some, I don't want to say quality because that's not it, but something key thing that is lacking
  73. Mar 11, 2014
    This Game is absolutly AWESOME.
    It is an non stop action game, sometime you need to stop just for breath a little bit.
    It is very impressive to see how Respawn balance so brillantly the gameplay between Soldiers and Titans. You need to play with the situation and not because soldier or titan is cheated. Sometimes soliders are much more efficient than Titans vice versa. And the both
    This Game is absolutly AWESOME.

Sometimes soliders are much more efficient than Titans vice versa.
    And the both need to play very differently, you have TWO games in ONE.

Graphics are "OK", but it isn't impressive, but who cares when you run and shoot all the time, and when Titans explose near of you!

This game is AMAZING!
  74. Mar 12, 2014
    This is another shooter that has been way overhyped. It lacks single player, not campaign. Playing a few 6v6 matches is only fun for so long. Its been marketed as this awesome game that's supposed to save the xbox1, but tbh I don't think a game with a relatively short shelf life is going to do it. If shooters are your thing, the sure, it may be fun until you realize it really is lackinThis is another shooter that has been way overhyped. It lacks single player, not campaign. Playing a few 6v6 matches is only fun for so long. Its been marketed as this awesome game that's supposed to save the xbox1, but tbh I don't think a game with a relatively short shelf life is going to do it. If shooters are your thing, the sure, it may be fun until you realize it really is lackin in depth. Its a shooter with bots and no single player to speak of at its core. Buy knowing you're only getting that and not much more. Expand
  75. Mar 11, 2014
    What can I say other than this is a game changer for FPSs. Have not played a game as good since COD4 and Halo 3. Really liking what I am seeing. Thus far I have played the full game for about 3 hours and I played the beta for around 15 hours. Honestly, these negative reviews are just fanboys. Even if you dont like FPS games you should respect what this game is doing and if you like FPSWhat can I say other than this is a game changer for FPSs. Have not played a game as good since COD4 and Halo 3. Really liking what I am seeing. Thus far I have played the full game for about 3 hours and I played the beta for around 15 hours. Honestly, these negative reviews are just fanboys. Even if you dont like FPS games you should respect what this game is doing and if you like FPS games, then you will like this game. Expand
  76. Mar 12, 2014
    The game is fun but there are quite a few things that bothered me and why I gave it a 3/10. First off, when comparing this game to the likes of Battlefield 4 it pales in comparison with only a maximum of 12 players in a 6v6 match. The bots in the game are easy free targets. The game only runs at 792p which is unacceptable for this generation and hopefully a future patch will change this.The game is fun but there are quite a few things that bothered me and why I gave it a 3/10. First off, when comparing this game to the likes of Battlefield 4 it pales in comparison with only a maximum of 12 players in a 6v6 match. The bots in the game are easy free targets. The game only runs at 792p which is unacceptable for this generation and hopefully a future patch will change this. Lastly, the campaign is stuffed into the multiplayer and there is no single player mode at all! Some of the positives about the game is that you can run on walls and climb on titans but after a few hours of play it seems like another Call of Duty with added transformers. Expand
  77. Mar 11, 2014
    Love this game! Everything I had hoped it would be and more. A lot of people are hating on it because they get schooled by guys last me me.lol. seriously though. Solid play, great frame rate, great controls, and a fun factor I haven't felt since games like red faction, unreal, and the other great old skool shooters. Offering two campaigns and 5 game modes, I don't see what this game isLove this game! Everything I had hoped it would be and more. A lot of people are hating on it because they get schooled by guys last me me.lol. seriously though. Solid play, great frame rate, great controls, and a fun factor I haven't felt since games like red faction, unreal, and the other great old skool shooters. Offering two campaigns and 5 game modes, I don't see what this game is missing for people to dislike it. Maybe they expected magic. This game makes shooters fun again. Expand
  78. Mar 11, 2014
    Best game of the generation so far. In terms of enjoyment, this is similar to Goldeneye coming out on the N64. It's fast-paced action but not mindless running around and shooting everything that moves. You need to hone your skills, perfect your strategies and most importantly, co-ordinate attacks with other team players. This is fun with a capital 'F'. Don't believe the haters; theyBest game of the generation so far. In terms of enjoyment, this is similar to Goldeneye coming out on the N64. It's fast-paced action but not mindless running around and shooting everything that moves. You need to hone your skills, perfect your strategies and most importantly, co-ordinate attacks with other team players. This is fun with a capital 'F'. Don't believe the haters; they only came here to down-vote because they are afraid the best game currently out there doesn't run on their machine. Expand
  79. Mar 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game, keeps you on your toes. Decent combat system. Just wish there was a long campaign for both offline and online play. Replay value sorta high if you are a 100% completion type of person. I would recommend this game as a solid rental and decide from there if you wish to buy it. Expand
  80. Mar 21, 2014
    After playing this over hyped shiny turd, all I could think of was how disappoint it was. If you wanna play the least competitive in you're life then this is it. It has absolutely zero planning or team based strategies. It's basically everyone for themselves, no strategy, no competitiveness, just explosions and robots, literally. Sure it looks good, but there's a lot of problems with itAfter playing this over hyped shiny turd, all I could think of was how disappoint it was. If you wanna play the least competitive in you're life then this is it. It has absolutely zero planning or team based strategies. It's basically everyone for themselves, no strategy, no competitiveness, just explosions and robots, literally. Sure it looks good, but there's a lot of problems with it bellow the surface. Expand
  81. Mar 23, 2014
    A ok game from Respawn. Graphics are decent, the game is kinda fun, not ground breaking or adictive, but very nice and good.
    It lacks soul, that is for sure, but it does try to do everything right, it just sounds and looks plastic and not much sincere, but it is not bad by any means.
    If you like FPS multiplayer, you will probably enjoy it.
  82. Mar 15, 2014
    Nothing "next gen", console seller worthy or ground shattering about this game whatsoever.
    Missing a lot of content that could be there (customization, true campaign mode, coop modes, etc.)
    The "campaign mode" was clearly just thrown together to make it seems as though there is more content to this game... the campaign is the exact same thing as the regular multiplayer mode, except there is a short 15 second cut scene before the game begins, it's their lame attempt to try making it seem like there is more content to this game than there truly is.
    Terrible A.I., they are basically just there to make up for the game not being able to handle running more than 12 user controlled players.
    The graphics/ performance of this game definitely don't make up for the lackluster game play of Titanfall either... 792p with only 12 players and constant screen tearing as well as framerate dips that hang around 20-30fps whenever there are more than 3 players on screen.... come on, that's just embarrassing.
    Sadly most of the content that is missing from the original release will surely be released in the form of DLC that we have to pay extra for.
    5/10 only because this game has some potential if they add in some more content. (free of charge)
  83. Mar 14, 2014
    (i'm brazilian,i speak in portuguese).
    vejamos um fps qualquer,graficos do beta.
    pelo meu ponto de vista não posso falar da jogabilidade.
    mas os graficos da versão beta,aí é um ponto bem negativo.
  84. Mar 15, 2014
    Titanfall is a good looking game, visuals are nice and map are varied in design. Combat is good, movement system works well and the titans are an interesting feature, albeit do feel like a bit of a gimmick.

Where Titanfall falls short for me is, it's a fairly unsophisticated game. Whilst you unlock new weapons and abilities, these are few and far between and really do not impact the game dramatically. The developers have decided how they want you to play the game, which is a fast paced arcade FPS. Whilst fans of that format will be delighted, for people like me who like the freedom to choose my playstyle (not camping, before anyone thinks this is what I am talking about!!), it becomes stale quite quickly, as you basically fight exactly the same battle at exactly the same pace every game.

The Titans do not have the wow factor I was expecting. Going titan vs titan is just a slugfest and laying waste to bots is no challenge whatsoever. The best moments in the titan tend to be when you are fighting against pilot, trying to pick off the fast moving players created some good moments (and vice versa when playing as a pilot vs a titan).

The "Campaign" (their description) appears a complete afterthought. Ask anyone who has completed it about the story and most will just give you a blank look. The reasoning behind the campaign stages are paper thin and calling it a campaign just seems wrong, as there appears little overall context.

For me, Titanfall will be the game I go to when I just want some meaningless action or a blast around with friends. It's not a game I'll play for hours on end, however I do see potential here. A few more diverse customisation options / abilities to give player the freedom to pick the fight they want would help maintain the interest.
  85. Mar 14, 2014
    Fun game to play but not much for innovation. It is a hybrid of COD, Halo, UT, and Mirrors edge. Where are the detailed stats? Customization? Sadly I feel this is a Respawn quote "Lets get this game out, it is an xbox exclusive so don't put too much work into it, lets start working on the sequel now which will be released on all platforms!" I really enjoy playing but in a month it willFun game to play but not much for innovation. It is a hybrid of COD, Halo, UT, and Mirrors edge. Where are the detailed stats? Customization? Sadly I feel this is a Respawn quote "Lets get this game out, it is an xbox exclusive so don't put too much work into it, lets start working on the sequel now which will be released on all platforms!" I really enjoy playing but in a month it will collect dust. Expand
  86. Mar 29, 2014
    Waited a few weeks to write this review. This game is fun at first but gets old very, very fast. I bought an Xbox One in November knowing this game was coming but am disappointed with the overall lack of game the hype delivered. If you were lucky enough to get this game for free when buying the bundle then great but if not, rent it for the weekend and you will be just as satisfied. IWaited a few weeks to write this review. This game is fun at first but gets old very, very fast. I bought an Xbox One in November knowing this game was coming but am disappointed with the overall lack of game the hype delivered. If you were lucky enough to get this game for free when buying the bundle then great but if not, rent it for the weekend and you will be just as satisfied. I agree that there are Sony fans rating zero but there are just as many Microsoft fans over rating this game at 8-10 just because they finally have a game worth giving a rating.

My Review in short. Only buy this game if you are satisfied knowing that there is only multiplayer and that you can see the whole game in a few hours. If you are multiplayer driven and content doesn't matter then this game is for you.

Pros: Fun; Titans!; Fast-Paced Multiplayer
    Cons: Low on content; gets old quickly, inferior resolution (sorry to mention resolution but this is 2014)
  87. Apr 2, 2014
    Repetitive after 1 hour its boring, what happened to a great single-player campaign oh wait the stupid internet. However great graphics, fun at first just lacks any excitement.
  88. May 27, 2014
    Ignore the people who insist this isn't a COD clone. Stupid, overpowered weapons, lazy burn cards (kill streaks, pretty much), and unbalanced titans make this game an over-hyped turd. The titans are so unbalanced that they are almost unplayable. The triple threat and souped up chaingun are incredibly overpowered. Burn cards can't be traded with friends, and are immediately cancelledIgnore the people who insist this isn't a COD clone. Stupid, overpowered weapons, lazy burn cards (kill streaks, pretty much), and unbalanced titans make this game an over-hyped turd. The titans are so unbalanced that they are almost unplayable. The triple threat and souped up chaingun are incredibly overpowered. Burn cards can't be traded with friends, and are immediately cancelled upon death, if they are even worth using at all.

There is no single player option, yet you will be charged full price for this title. The 'campaign' is played over about a dozen multiplayer maps, and the tepid story is fed in drips and drabs of cutscenes. Terribly, despite charging you for a MP only game, EA has the gall to charge 10$ for 3 maps just a few weeks after the game launched.

There are only a handful of game modes, and nothing groundbreaking. It can take close to 15 minutes to find a match. Because it's a COD clone, it attracts the same douchebag demographic, who have delighted in learning that for some reason, titans crouch, therefore can teabag.

Titanfall has been billed as groundbreaking, or innovative. This is false advertising. There is nothing in TF that can't be found in other games.
  89. Apr 27, 2014
    Titanfall is a good game, but doesn't really have much long-lasting potential. It's easy to get tired of playing, and the graphics are definitely last-generation. The concept has a ton of potential, but the actual game doesn't quite live up.
  90. Mar 20, 2014
    Not a bad game! But not a good game either! No single player! Not enough modes! Same typical fps shooter over and over! Wow Microsoft is that all you got?
  91. Mar 20, 2014
    Game gets old, fast. The graphics are on par with a mid-generation 360 game and the online is not competitive. TitanFall is definitely a casual shooter and will only provide you with a few hours of online before you feel like you've had enough. There is not enough content within this game to support the price or all these 10/10 reviews.
  92. Mar 21, 2014
    first off i'd like to say im without any of this console political Bias, i played it on PC and i couldn't care less about those fanboy wars that seem to influence opinion; either being one extreme or the other.

ill start with gameplay, because that's the games core and it sure does excel at it. its unlike anything other in the FPS genre. it isn't striving for BF and is by no means a CoD clone. its a new category all together. The 2 pillars of innovation that make this game fun is mobility and of course the Titans. you can park-our, wall run double jet jump climb on titans move and with speed. this completely changes the "arena style" gameplay. its an unbelievably fast paced twitch shooter, you'll get the feel of breathlessness when you die, but never reluctant to jump (or fall) straight back in. Titans are integrated perfectly there not OP by any means and the means of unlocking them ensures you'll always get at least one a game. they feel well and are as vulnerable to the pilots as they are deadly. you get the feel of a towering beast while all the time staying on your toes. the core gamplay is utterly fantastic.

however that's where TF's pro's end pretty much (which obviously isn't bad though). visuals even on my hefty PC feel lacking. and graphically it feels like COD; something i despise. while not massively important it is a bit of a bummer.

the lack of depth is also disappointing there are about 10 pilot guns and a few less titan guns. where were all the interesting future weapons ? all the automatic guns have very few differences. there isnt a whole ton of ability's and perks either. persistence is almost none existent. apart from the maps (which were all good) if you played the Beta you experienced nearly everything there is. combined with the fact that you'll do everything there is gameplay wise within about 2 matches; getting bored of this is something i'm very concerned about.

Story: or whatever they called that. i realize that this game was built around its new multiplayer but a proper campaign for this had as much potential as Halo. the political struggle, the universe as a hole and some interesting charterers that went flushed out enough for me to give a **** when one of them died. if they adopted the Halo mission style with of course the Titans and the mobility it could have been so good.

overall TF feels like a game which has an ultra strong skeleton (its gameplay) but with with little flesh. which is a stark comparison to the vast bunch of games which layer graphics and other stuff on top of piss poor mechanics and end up as foam rather than the rock that titanfall is. i hope TF2 can include all of my wants though. many people and reviewers simply gloss over the many negatives in this game because of its great core gameplay. the game simply lacks depth. but it is still the most refreshing, innovative, fast paced game ive played in a while, and is a ton of fun.

it just isn't the second coming as many have said while clambering aboard the bandwagon.
  93. Mar 27, 2014
    I was expecting this to blow me away. The graphics are dated, the small teams are dated. It is a fun fast paced game for about a week. Maybe longer for kids that don't know any better. I have played them all as far as online games go. All the Halo, COD's, Battlefields. This was nothing special. They marketed it to make you want it, but it really gets stale after a while. I am going to sellI was expecting this to blow me away. The graphics are dated, the small teams are dated. It is a fun fast paced game for about a week. Maybe longer for kids that don't know any better. I have played them all as far as online games go. All the Halo, COD's, Battlefields. This was nothing special. They marketed it to make you want it, but it really gets stale after a while. I am going to sell mine back while I can still get top dollar for it. Battlefield 4 on the XB1 is huge, with destructive elements. Kind of hard to like walking in a giant robot when you can't even crush a car, or punch a hole in the wall to grab a pilot running from you. I was expecting this to be the game changer, instead it was another disappointment. Still, it is kind of fun for a while. Just not this awesome game that keeps you going back for more. There is no story to make you even feel like you understand what the battle is for. I still have no idea what it was all about. I remember finishing the "Campaign". They said that some guy died or something. I don't even know what roll he played in the whole thing. The pilot/titan thing gets old hat after a while. Not GOTY. It may be fun for a week or two, but is not a genre changing game. Expand
  94. May 27, 2014
    How do I describe 2014's apparent "game of the year" (according to Microsoft)? How do I describe Microsoft's "Xbox One seller"? How do I describe my once last hope for the next generation industry? Here's how: Generic. Lackluster. Overhyped. Boring.

Titanfall isn't 2014's GOTY; if anything, it's the biggest disappointment. Titanfall is nothing short of your average CoD-grade (not good, by the way) that is devoid of content and appeal. You'll play it a good day, and then your interest will simply melt away. Titanfall is lacking of everything they needed: an addiction factor, a good amount of content, and an actual campaign.

Although Titanfall has MANY flaws, to be fair, let's look at the pros. The graphics are extraordinary and gripping, and maybe the best thing the game has to offer. The multiplayer is fun for a short while, but soon becomes the same thing over and over again until it's quite literally a grind where the player feels obliged to play, rather than want to. The titan idea is new and unique, but ideas only get you so far.

The game's lack of content (excluding maps) is one of the major issues. A heavy lack of weapons, perks, and abilities makes every player similar to another.

Now yes, I know their reasoning for not having a campaign. However, I think it's a stupid reason. A campaign would add greatly needed playing time to the game.

Overall, Titanfall is disappointing. It hasn't lived up to its expectations, and I doubt it ever will.
  95. Mar 20, 2014
    This game was extremely over-hyped. The only things I can give credit for is the droppable titans, graphics, and sound. The fun and excitement dies extremely quickly. This game does NOT deserve the praise it gets. It is a barebone FPS.

Cons: -No friends list outside Origin -No private parties -No servers (Due to no servers, players encounter high latency people.) -Small player

Cons:
    -No friends list outside Origin
    -No private parties
    -No servers (Due to no servers, players encounter high latency people.)
    -Small player limits/small maps
    -Campaign is almost no different than multiplayer, no effort to create.
    -Minimal weapon/titan/player customization
    -Small amount of game modes
    -Frequent connection "Token" issues
    -Does not seem to have a matchmaking function putting close level players together

If this is the next gen flagship game then I am worried about the state of games.
  96. May 6, 2014
    60 bucks for nothing more than an online shooter. They made sure they kept it away from the competitive crowd and made Attrition for people who are bad at video games. You will have fun for about a week or two
  97. Mar 20, 2014
    What are these reviewers thinking?
    No single players, campaign hurt your ears while your trying to play, characters are a joke and so is dialogue.
    The game is fun, but full of glitches bailey designed and pretty much casual game. Casual games are the best left to mobile gaming. Well its not terrible, its just like playing demo of a full game, respawn drop the ball on this one, trughly
    What are these reviewers thinking?
    Well its not terrible, its just like playing demo of a full game, respawn drop the ball on this one, trughly embarrassing AAA. i day i presteged and went....wow this is pointless now.
  98. Apr 30, 2014
    The game is both ower rated and under rated. The actualy game deserves a 7 out of ten. Nothing realy original about this game but titans. Everything else is tooken from some other game. Actualy whole titan thing also reminds me of Steel Battlelation. Its good for new comers to fps genra and not bad when compered to other modern First person shooters..
  99. Apr 24, 2014
    Was a 10 from me when it was launched back in March but I feel that the excitement factor of the game has completely disappeared. It is now a game that I was playing every day to a game that I am playing every few days. If you are thinking of buying this game, don't play it all day play it in chunks or you will easily get bored
  100. Mar 15, 2014
    Awesome game,but copy the amazing COD,and i don't like this, but this game have a **** robots ,and this is awesome,you make parkour,you have a jetpack. But should have a campaign

1. Apr 15, 2014
    Aside from a few minor quibbles (I can jump across streets and hop over entire buildings, but a knee-high window ledge is insanely finicky to get past?) Titanfall is undoubtedly a great game which does an exceptional job of breathing new life into an increasingly-stale genre.
  2. Apr 15, 2014
    An intensely fun multiplayer game that is accessible and fun for everyone. Not perfect, but that's what sequels are for.
  3. Apr 7, 2014