Titanfall Xbox One

6.4

1. Mar 11, 2014
    A good game which is totally over hyped and has nothing next gen what so ever about it. It is cod with robots running on an engine which is over a decade old, granted its highly modded but still doesn't change the fact. Microsoft has done a good job marketing this game buy making people think its a GOTY contender when its simply not. The bots are as dumb as they come and add nothing to theA good game which is totally over hyped and has nothing next gen what so ever about it. It is cod with robots running on an engine which is over a decade old, granted its highly modded but still doesn't change the fact. Microsoft has done a good job marketing this game buy making people think its a GOTY contender when its simply not. The bots are as dumb as they come and add nothing to the game but noob cannon fodder. Its not a bad game just not a great game. Honestly don't believe the hype Microsoft has "paid for" and definitely don't waste money buying an xboxone for this because this game is not good enough to be a system seller. I'm not out to bash the game because it is fun but someone has to be real because reviewers on mainstream sites are not.. Expand
  2. Mar 11, 2014
    This game isn't the zero that Sony Ponies are giving it, and it's definitely not the 10 that Xbots are giving it.

It's a slightly better FPS than Call of Duty. It just has the unenviable task of being the first big post-launch game for a new console system. Anyone giving it a ten is deluded, as is anyone giving it less than 5. Only broken games deserve a score that low, and it's not broken. I deduct points from it for being online-only, not impressing visually, not staying steady at 60fps and having a disappointing 792p resolution.
  3. Mar 11, 2014
    Don't believe the hype. At first the game was amazing, but the new game buzz wore off quickly. It is truly just CoD with Mechs and jeckpacks. And the game modes are uninspired: 3 variations of TDM, CtF, and Controlpoint. Pilot weapons don't feel powerful; the game sorely needs a hardcore mode. The only drive to keep playing was to hit max rank, and then its forgetable. I'll stickDon't believe the hype. At first the game was amazing, but the new game buzz wore off quickly. It is truly just CoD with Mechs and jeckpacks. And the game modes are uninspired: 3 variations of TDM, CtF, and Controlpoint. Pilot weapons don't feel powerful; the game sorely needs a hardcore mode. The only drive to keep playing was to hit max rank, and then its forgetable. I'll stick with BF4 when I want a FPS experience. Expand
  4. Mar 11, 2014
    I gave this game a 6 because of lack of maps. You get the same amount of maps you do with other fps with a single player on the game. I don't mind but the price shouldn't have been $60. I feel it was rushed with lack of skins in weapons and titians. Don't get me wrong I love playing it. I just feel jipped with the amount of maps and options. So far the respawn areas are good. They don'tI gave this game a 6 because of lack of maps. You get the same amount of maps you do with other fps with a single player on the game. I don't mind but the price shouldn't have been $60. I feel it was rushed with lack of skins in weapons and titians. Don't get me wrong I love playing it. I just feel jipped with the amount of maps and options. So far the respawn areas are good. They don't put u in areas where u will die soon as u respawn. Again this is only my opnion of it as of day one Expand
  5. Mar 11, 2014
    It's fun enough but it's absolutely not worth $60, not nearly enough modes, decent amount of maps but everything is lacking. No single player is not an issue to me, but lack of a compelling multiplayer campaign is.

Graphics are pretty poor, I don't imagine the 360 version will look that much worse to be frank, very dated, that and the fact that it's not even running at full HD mean the jaggies everywhere and pretty severe framerate dips are unacceptable.

AI is a little dumb but they're cloud powered apparently so they could improve their algorithms.

In conclusion, perfectly fun little shooter, but it has been severely overhyped by the press and it doesn't offer much in the way of value, price wise.
  6. Mar 11, 2014
    Titanfall isn't a bad game, but it isn't a great game either. Even though some people deny it, it really is just Call of Duty in the future with giant robots. The entire load-out section is almost a mirror copy of CoD, but has a lot less customization options. There was only 10-12 weapons that you could choose from, and only a handful of perks. The game rounds went by extremely fast, andTitanfall isn't a bad game, but it isn't a great game either. Even though some people deny it, it really is just Call of Duty in the future with giant robots. The entire load-out section is almost a mirror copy of CoD, but has a lot less customization options. There was only 10-12 weapons that you could choose from, and only a handful of perks. The game rounds went by extremely fast, and the AI bots are little more than cannon fodder. While Titans are well balanced, it seems too easy to obtain them, and too easy to destroy them.

Pros:
    Like Call of Duty
    Well balanced gameplay

Cons:
    Like Call of Duty
    Lack of customization options
    Almost worthless AI. If you're going to have 48 people on a map, why can only 12 be human players?
  7. Mar 11, 2014
    The biggest problem with the game is that it sets a precedent for what gamers are willing to pay for an online only multiplayer game. I'd even say it's multiplayer gives you less for the money then other FPS do in terms of content. So by buying this game, I felt like I was selling myself to a new future standard where multiplayer only games will be sold full price.
  8. Mar 11, 2014
    I will commend Respawn as what is in the release package is a pretty good game, nothing spectacular, but good gameplay for a first installment to a series. This leads to excitement for future installments. My issue; however, is the amount in the release package. Not sure if this was Respawn's call, EA's, or simply they were pressured for a certain release window and this is what they couldI will commend Respawn as what is in the release package is a pretty good game, nothing spectacular, but good gameplay for a first installment to a series. This leads to excitement for future installments. My issue; however, is the amount in the release package. Not sure if this was Respawn's call, EA's, or simply they were pressured for a certain release window and this is what they could do in time but the amount of product is pretty disappointing. While I disagree with a lack of SP, I would understand if that translated to a lot of depth in the MP. But for a mutiplayer only game I find features and depth missing. Not exactly sure if its a good thing as consumers to show the gaming industry with our buying power that such things are acceptable for a full $60 purchase. I, like many others, prefer quality over quantity. But that is usually with a basic expectation of quantity a game should have. This game sadly fails to meet that basic quantity expectation, which hurts it despite its quality. Expand
  9. Mar 11, 2014
    Call of duty with mechs... just uglier.

If you are into the mindless twitch shooting that the call of duty franchise has become, then you will want to buy this game. If you are more into the strategic team-oriented gameplay of the battlefield franchise, then stay away.

6v6? really!?
  10. Mar 11, 2014
    This game does do a few things that are new to the FPS genre, like the NPCs and Mech vehicles that you can jump in and out of. Oh, and bonus points for scifi which I'd love to see more of in this genre. The different modes are fun, but some could use some work. One mode has you and the opposing team start out in your mechs, but it tends to be lopsided once a team loses a single mech to theThis game does do a few things that are new to the FPS genre, like the NPCs and Mech vehicles that you can jump in and out of. Oh, and bonus points for scifi which I'd love to see more of in this genre. The different modes are fun, but some could use some work. One mode has you and the opposing team start out in your mechs, but it tends to be lopsided once a team loses a single mech to the point that 90% of the time you can tell who will win by that first kill. As for longevity, there is enough of a ceiling on the skill level (I'm sure some people will love mastering the wall walking) that if you're a fan of the FPS genre in general you can enjoy this game for many months; however, if you were just drawn to this game for the Mech combat it's doubtful this game will hold your interest past a couple weeks. There just isn't enough variety in the mechs themselves and the available game modes. All-in-all this game doesn't live up to all the hype, but will be an enjoyable distraction for most. Expand
  11. Mar 11, 2014
    Titanfall, as much as I thought it was going to change the shooter genre, fell below my super high expectations. While this game is by no stretch a bad game, it could have been made a lot better. This review would be way too long to write everything out, so here is a pros and cons list:

Pros: Concept works Fun game all around Wide selection of weapons Cons: Only online play, no

Pros: Concept works
    Fun game all around
    Wide selection of weapons

Cons: Only online play, no single player or offline multiplayer
    Feels like CoD (No recoil, poor hit markers)
    Mediocre graphics (it's a port)
    Few game modes
    Not enough for the $60 price
    Cheap physics system (curving bullets and tracking pistols)

This game could have been a much better game and, if they make a sequel, I would expect that game to be great. This game just doest provide enough for the $60 and just feels like every other shooter. In spite of this, it still can give you a couple of hours of enjoyable gameplay.
  12. Mar 11, 2014
    Played the open beta and loved it. Unfortunately, the frame rate dropping in Last Titan Standing still exists for the Xbox One. As a flagship title it's rather annoying when fights get intense. Overall the game is great but only a few of the modes (such as CTF and Last Titan Standing) are standout spectacular. The rest of the modes are dull and uninspired.
  13. Mar 11, 2014
    Average.

Enjoyed the game, but completely over-hyped. Nothing more than COD with giant RC robots. Okay, you can run up walls and such, but other than that, it felt surprisingly samey.
  14. Mar 11, 2014
    it annoys me when people just bash people that give low scores because they think they are Sony Fanboys. i adored xbox for years, but now.. Titanfall... can't even play the tutorial unless your connected, DLC, barely any game modes i mean come on.. not even a story to enjoy. few rounds of CTF and it'll be on the shelf.
    come back on here and tell me after a week of running flags into a
    come back on here and tell me after a week of running flags into a base is still fun. the shine will wear off their Titan balls pretty quick lol.
    there seems to be a split between gamers these days, the hardcore multiplayers and the hardcore experience seekers, (people who love a good story and plot development)
    and even if Titanfall does do really well.. its still a case of EA bending over gullible punters to take their fisting when you have to fork out for new game modes and maps on top of the already overpriced game that it is.
    I was gonna buy this on my 360, but i think i'll pass. i don't feel like im missing anything i couldn't get from playing any other online shooter.
    I hope this isn't the future of games because if it is.. i'm out.
  15. Mar 11, 2014
    Let me start out by saying its a fun game, with that said anyone who rates this a 10 should get slapped by my titan, on the X1 it has a few issues one is Screen Tearing it happens ALOT, another is they tried to put a story into the game and honestly i have no clue what the sides are fighting about nor did i care. reason for me giving this a 7 is the Screen Tearing issue and online only,Let me start out by saying its a fun game, with that said anyone who rates this a 10 should get slapped by my titan, on the X1 it has a few issues one is Screen Tearing it happens ALOT, another is they tried to put a story into the game and honestly i have no clue what the sides are fighting about nor did i care. reason for me giving this a 7 is the Screen Tearing issue and online only, now the online only part isnt a big issue but there arent alot of modes, what i mean is a game like Halo 2 which is 2 generations older has more game modes and had a decent online mode, i just think for a online only game there arent enough game modes and i can see the ones there getting boring after a while. they do however give you a good amount of Maps at 15 thats pretty damn good. all in all the game is fun for now but unless the dlc for the game has game modes i dont see me playing this past a few months or until Destiny comes out. Expand
  16. Mar 11, 2014
    Overhyped is an understatement, gameplay is fun and frantic but the graphics are blah and some weapons are over powered , I would not buy an xbox 1 just for this game and you shouldn't either ! If you have a PC buy it for that cause it will look better and play better ! The fanboys giving this game a 10/10 are just that FANBOY'S!!
  17. Mar 11, 2014
    I was very excited to play this game. I forked out over $60 only to find out that there is no single player campaign. I think the multiplayer is great, but where in the media blitz was the mention that there is no single player. Buyer beware! If you are expecting a single player campaign, don't buy this. Other than that, it is an enjoyable game. I'm not sure that it has the depth to makeI was very excited to play this game. I forked out over $60 only to find out that there is no single player campaign. I think the multiplayer is great, but where in the media blitz was the mention that there is no single player. Buyer beware! If you are expecting a single player campaign, don't buy this. Other than that, it is an enjoyable game. I'm not sure that it has the depth to make me a long time player, but it's engaging nonetheless. Expand
  18. Mar 11, 2014
    Maybe my expectations were too high, but I honestly don't see why this is so special. I mean it's fun, but it has little substance and lacks value in my opinion. If this was a $40 game, then I would bump this up to a 7.
  19. Mar 11, 2014
    was fun for like 20 mins but vary repetitive just cod mixed with halo with some robots , 6v6 is would be fine with out all these useless brain-dead bots
  20. Mar 11, 2014
    What can I say about Titanfall, that everybody wants to hear. It is NEXT GENERATION! The graphics are good, the gameplay is addictive at times and there are plenty of multiplayer "ONLY" modes to play. I still hope that more modes and hopefully an offline mode (yeah right) can be added to this game. The game is succeeding and selling well so I am VERY HAPPY to see this. Gamers around theWhat can I say about Titanfall, that everybody wants to hear. It is NEXT GENERATION! The graphics are good, the gameplay is addictive at times and there are plenty of multiplayer "ONLY" modes to play. I still hope that more modes and hopefully an offline mode (yeah right) can be added to this game. The game is succeeding and selling well so I am VERY HAPPY to see this. Gamers around the world are very happy with this game ( I hope the servers are fixed for South Africa). I just hope that EA does not @#$% this UP! Enjoy gamers and I will enjoy this game too for as long as the servers stay up. Yup! The only big problem that I have with online only games is that once servers crash or are taken down, NO MORE TITANFALL! So that would be $60 down the drain with no single player offline modes. Yup. Enjoy gamers. Enjoy! Expand
  21. Mar 21, 2014
    first off i'd like to say im without any of this console political Bias, i played it on PC and i couldn't care less about those fanboy wars that seem to influence opinion; either being one extreme or the other.

ill start with gameplay, because that's the games core and it sure does excel at it. its unlike anything other in the FPS genre. it isn't striving for BF and is by no means a CoD clone. its a new category all together. The 2 pillars of innovation that make this game fun is mobility and of course the Titans. you can park-our, wall run double jet jump climb on titans move and with speed. this completely changes the "arena style" gameplay. its an unbelievably fast paced twitch shooter, you'll get the feel of breathlessness when you die, but never reluctant to jump (or fall) straight back in. Titans are integrated perfectly there not OP by any means and the means of unlocking them ensures you'll always get at least one a game. they feel well and are as vulnerable to the pilots as they are deadly. you get the feel of a towering beast while all the time staying on your toes. the core gamplay is utterly fantastic.

however that's where TF's pro's end pretty much (which obviously isn't bad though). visuals even on my hefty PC feel lacking. and graphically it feels like COD; something i despise. while not massively important it is a bit of a bummer.

the lack of depth is also disappointing there are about 10 pilot guns and a few less titan guns. where were all the interesting future weapons ? all the automatic guns have very few differences. there isnt a whole ton of ability's and perks either. persistence is almost none existent. apart from the maps (which were all good) if you played the Beta you experienced nearly everything there is. combined with the fact that you'll do everything there is gameplay wise within about 2 matches; getting bored of this is something i'm very concerned about.

Story: or whatever they called that. i realize that this game was built around its new multiplayer but a proper campaign for this had as much potential as Halo. the political struggle, the universe as a hole and some interesting charterers that went flushed out enough for me to give a **** when one of them died. if they adopted the Halo mission style with of course the Titans and the mobility it could have been so good.

overall TF feels like a game which has an ultra strong skeleton (its gameplay) but with with little flesh. which is a stark comparison to the vast bunch of games which layer graphics and other stuff on top of piss poor mechanics and end up as foam rather than the rock that titanfall is. i hope TF2 can include all of my wants though. many people and reviewers simply gloss over the many negatives in this game because of its great core gameplay. the game simply lacks depth. but it is still the most refreshing, innovative, fast paced game ive played in a while, and is a ton of fun.

it just isn't the second coming as many have said while clambering aboard the bandwagon.
  22. Jan 26, 2015
    This game is solid, not the best but solid. Just because its not a 10 doesn't mean its not worth your time. At launch I would appose buying this game due their not being much to do. There is only multiplayer, now it claims to have a story but its not. The game is so average it bothers me. It tries to hard to connect with the call of duty audience. I mean it is different in its own way butThis game is solid, not the best but solid. Just because its not a 10 doesn't mean its not worth your time. At launch I would appose buying this game due their not being much to do. There is only multiplayer, now it claims to have a story but its not. The game is so average it bothers me. It tries to hard to connect with the call of duty audience. I mean it is different in its own way but it still has that run and gun feel. Personally I can bare that but not for 60 dollars. I picked up the game about a month ago. It was brand new and was around 30 dollars. Which i feel is a fair price. Ok enough about how it feels lets jump into the gameplay. It plays flawlessly, runs at 60 fps barely any glitches if none at all and the servers are fast and efficient. So what they set out to do they did great. The titan fighting feels really cool and something different. The guns feel the same I pretty much used one gun through out the 10 hours I played and it wasnt the smart pistol. But like I only put in 10 hours which for a shooter is pretty normal now a days and I love FPS's I just think they get boring. But I digress, the game is solid if you have an xbox one id highly recommend it. Expand
  23. May 6, 2014
    60 bucks for nothing more than an online shooter. They made sure they kept it away from the competitive crowd and made Attrition for people who are bad at video games. You will have fun for about a week or two
  24. Mar 20, 2014
    What are these reviewers thinking?
    No single players, campaign hurt your ears while your trying to play, characters are a joke and so is dialogue.
    The game is fun, but full of glitches bailey designed and pretty much casual game. Casual games are the best left to mobile gaming. Well its not terrible, its just like playing demo of a full game, respawn drop the ball on this one, trughly
    What are these reviewers thinking?
    Well its not terrible, its just like playing demo of a full game, respawn drop the ball on this one, trughly embarrassing AAA. i day i presteged and went....wow this is pointless now.
  25. Apr 30, 2014
    The game is both ower rated and under rated. The actualy game deserves a 7 out of ten. Nothing realy original about this game but titans. Everything else is tooken from some other game. Actualy whole titan thing also reminds me of Steel Battlelation. Its good for new comers to fps genra and not bad when compered to other modern First person shooters..
  26. Apr 24, 2014
    Was a 10 from me when it was launched back in March but I feel that the excitement factor of the game has completely disappeared. It is now a game that I was playing every day to a game that I am playing every few days. If you are thinking of buying this game, don't play it all day play it in chunks or you will easily get bored
  27. Mar 15, 2014
    Awesome game,but copy the amazing COD,and i don't like this, but this game have a **** robots ,and this is awesome,you make parkour,you have a jetpack. But should have a campaign
  28. Mar 24, 2014
    Read the fine print before you purchase this game. Titanfall is multiplayer only, there is no single-player campaign. Which means that in a few years, when EA decides to take down the servers, this will look like a $60 rental. COD + Brink, 3-4 hours of way overvalued fun. Rent or wait for the sequel.
  29. Mar 25, 2014
    The game is fun to play and I will gladly give it the final 5 points when they release the other half of the game. I understand what they are trying to do with the "campaign" being online but paying $60 for an online only game that really doesn't offer too much more than the same experience over and over again on different maps is a yawner. A single player campaign of some sort whenThe game is fun to play and I will gladly give it the final 5 points when they release the other half of the game. I understand what they are trying to do with the "campaign" being online but paying $60 for an online only game that really doesn't offer too much more than the same experience over and over again on different maps is a yawner. A single player campaign of some sort when the servers have crashed or xbox live is having issues (way too often lately) would be nice to have. Expand
  30. Apr 5, 2014
    I pre-ordered this game as soon as possible and was stoked to wait a few hours at the midnight release.
    That said, this game just didn't live up to what I expect from a flagship title on a new console.
    The game offers three titans, some guns with a few mods and jetpacks with wall jumps. Expect a bland and lazy 6 vs 6 campaign with no cut scenes and play exactly similar to current MMOs,
    Expect a bland and lazy 6 vs 6 campaign with no cut scenes and play exactly similar to current MMOs, such as CoD...but with robots.
    Even if you skip the campaign your only rewarded with 15 of the same maps you would've played previously in campaign mode. With only six match types, all 6 vs 6, I got bored very soon.
  31. Apr 24, 2014
    Pros:
    The gameplay is solid. Unique-ish mechanics, titans are a fun addition (though I prefer to play as a pilot), and guns are well balanced.
    Graphics are excellent. Cons: Not really as original as the reviews made it seem. It's still a fairly basic shooter. Plot? What plot? Very few maps. Full game price for half a game. It's fun, but it's not really $60 worth of fun.
    Graphics are excellent.

Plot? What plot?
    Very few maps.
    Full game price for half a game.

It's fun, but it's not really $60 worth of fun. Particularly if they're going to make you then pay $10-15 for DLC in about a month. If you're deciding whether or not to get the standard Xbox One bundle (w/ Forza) or the Titanfall bundle, then it's definitely worth getting the Titanfall bundle (especially if they're the same price as they were when I bought my Xb-one). Otherwise, save your money and wait for a better game to come out.
  32. Apr 24, 2014
    At first you'll think this is one of the best multiplayer games you've ever played and it's by far not the worst. After a couple of weeks (depending on how much time you put in on it everyday) you'll soon realize there just isn't enough content to enjoy. It just seems lacking and I'm talking strictly about gameplay. The graphics aren't going to make your eyes bleed but they aren't going toAt first you'll think this is one of the best multiplayer games you've ever played and it's by far not the worst. After a couple of weeks (depending on how much time you put in on it everyday) you'll soon realize there just isn't enough content to enjoy. It just seems lacking and I'm talking strictly about gameplay. The graphics aren't going to make your eyes bleed but they aren't going to drop your jaw either. There's just not enough guns and not enough titans. They do add some interesting elements to the usual multiplayer copy and paste like AI teammates (although they end up just being cannon fodder) and cool drop ship intros into every level but they aren't going to keep you interested forever. Expand
  33. Apr 25, 2014
    I'm a little disappointed, overall.

I'm a little disappointed, overall.

I've more or less completed the game in seven hours. What I mean is, for a 'multiplayer only' game, there's not a lot about it; I've unlocked all weapons, all mechs, completed both campaigns and in... well, seven hours. 'Extra' content you'll have to pay for, which I didn't; I didn't want to spend anymore than my £40's worth on just maps and a gun or two. That should be there already If I'm spending £40 for seven hours.

That being said, the game plays great; Pilots, (Standard, on-foot players) balance perfectly against Titans. Never has there been a moment where I've said "Bollocks" after being blown to pieces by a Titan. Never have I said "No" after being blown to pieces by an enemy Pilot's anti-titan rocket launcher. Its all balanced perfectly.

The free-running system is fantastic and adds a completely new level to the game, where Titans and buildings alike can be clambered upon and used to gain a tactical advantage, or just to lose your enemy. (As a pilot you can double jump! :D)

Gun combat is satisfying; you find yourself zipping and diving through buildings, laying waste to enemy pilots and AI grunts* (akin to Dota's 'creeps') with speed, purpose and clinical precision. Health is limited, keeping you on your toes, while as a Titan, you're simply a big, metal badass; the game go's from ducking and diving to colossal, stubborn tanking in the change from Pilot to Titan, if you play your cards right.

I can say that this game makes me feel great when I play, but despite this I feel as if I'm playing for nothing more than a 'prestige' rank after seven hours of entertainment. Long term, it's just lacking and empty. Guns have one or two notable attachments, and Titans have one or armaments that I only ever use. That's about it.

Not worth the price; it needs to be built upon first. I'm looking forward to Titanfall 2.

34. May 25, 2014
    Outstanding for your first 5 games, felt new, felt different, it just felt fresh. Then you start to play for a couple of hours and realize its just like every other multiplayer shooter. Yes you can get in Titans and wall run etc but once you have done it a couple of times it becomes less impressive and to be honest i just play it like i was playing COD now. Biggest downside to this game isOutstanding for your first 5 games, felt new, felt different, it just felt fresh. Then you start to play for a couple of hours and realize its just like every other multiplayer shooter. Yes you can get in Titans and wall run etc but once you have done it a couple of times it becomes less impressive and to be honest i just play it like i was playing COD now. Biggest downside to this game is the exclusion of a single player campaign. The game should not be at the price it came out at as it lacked the basic requirements for a £40 game. I do go back every so often and have a couple of games but i cant sit and play for longer than 3-4 games unlike COD and Battlefield where you spend days and evenings playing. Good game, great graphics, great sound and good idea. It just wasn't mastered and felt like it was missing something (as well as a single player campaign) Expand
  35. Jun 24, 2014
    This game simply feels repetitive and boring. It's like an old call of duty game feel with mechs that feel like giant people instead of mechs. They look the same, they are easy to takedown, and when everyone else is in 1 of 3 mechs that looks like yours it kind of takes away from the gameplay. I do like how the pilot can run on walls and some of the weapons are unique, but overall itThis game simply feels repetitive and boring. It's like an old call of duty game feel with mechs that feel like giant people instead of mechs. They look the same, they are easy to takedown, and when everyone else is in 1 of 3 mechs that looks like yours it kind of takes away from the gameplay. I do like how the pilot can run on walls and some of the weapons are unique, but overall it feels like an old style shooter with no feel and people are just running around like idiots just like every other game. Storyline...Hah lol. Game needs a main character, a story, unique mechs, and a re-worked physics engine to have any kind of future in my opinion. Expand
  36. Jun 25, 2014
    i actually purchased a xboxone just for this game, while its not a terrible game i just don't play it much after the initial excitement of a new FPS wore off. Multiplayer game modes seems an little basic compared to established franchises. I know this is the first in the franchise and it does have some really good game play elements like the pilots being able to traverse up walls, ii actually purchased a xboxone just for this game, while its not a terrible game i just don't play it much after the initial excitement of a new FPS wore off. Multiplayer game modes seems an little basic compared to established franchises. I know this is the first in the franchise and it does have some really good game play elements like the pilots being able to traverse up walls, i think they will add to future installments so i'm not giving up on this franchise yet.

I probably would have enjoyed the game more if it had a story mode; something to do when i want to be offline. Being multiplayer only was an issue for me, maybe not as big a deal for you guys but my issue is none of my friends have the xb1 and all went ps4 so barring a couple of people from work who don't play FPS i didn't have the friend/team element i had for the COD / Battlefield games. I probably would have played more if i had friends messaging me to play like i did on PS3 or x360. That said not sure i can blame just the game elements for not playing as much but EA chose to make this game exclusive and that effected how much i play, that said i would have purchased it for PS4 if it was multiplaform so i understand its a business decision, for that i cannot give it a higher score
  37. Sep 4, 2014
    Great game to begin with but does become very boring after a few days of intense sessions, the lack of maps really winds me up unless you want to spend more money for maps. 7/10 is a very fair score imo
  38. Aug 13, 2014
    Titanfall is a fairly decent game.
    Titanfall is a fairly decent game.
    The gameplay runs smooth and introduces many new and welcome mechanics. This game is a well done fps with many twists, and added features. The game changes the way you play a shooter with the new parkour and jetpacks combo, and the unique score gameplay with bots and players. The Players are rewarded with Titans and are blast. The game manages to introduce a balance to everything fairly well. It rewards players for doing well with points and cuts off pieces of time from a timer that will send your titan. Although all players can still get a titan.
    Although the gameplay and multiplayer run smoothly, the game is a very polished game that is from a startup company. There is only multiplayer, and nothing else. Not to mention this had a retail release price of $60 for only multiplayer, and a multiplayer with limited game modes. The "Campaign" is essentially a new be multiplayer lobby with "story" overlaid in the background sounds, and the story isn't very clear or interesting either. The game has multiple dlc's that add features, but cost $9.99 (although thankfully less than call of duty)

This game has a smooth fun, innovative, balanced, multiplayer, but has limited features and is only online and contains a rough story and isn't worth $60. This game has only one trick, and even though it is a good one, It doesn't warrant game of the year material.
    This game shows tremendous promise from the developers as this is there first game.
  39. Mar 21, 2014
    Now if this game was only $40, it would definitely be worth it, but to me, a multiplayer only game, with a limited number of maps and features (no matter how well designed) is not worth the price one would pay for something like Infamous or even Halo. Titanfall does a lot of stuff right, but for me at least, the absence of a single-player campaign really gets boring. I am impressed withNow if this game was only $40, it would definitely be worth it, but to me, a multiplayer only game, with a limited number of maps and features (no matter how well designed) is not worth the price one would pay for something like Infamous or even Halo. Titanfall does a lot of stuff right, but for me at least, the absence of a single-player campaign really gets boring. I am impressed with the ideas that Respawn tried to use with the story mechanics, working it into the multiplayer, but it failed to live up to what I was expecting, and maybe that's unfair, but I expected a better implemented idea, and maybe a sequel can do it better. Don't get me wrong, this game is great if you already have a PC, but I'm not going to pay $560 for an XBONE and Titanfall when I can pay 460 for a PS4 and Infamous. The XBONE has yet to have their system seller that they need, and personally, Infamous is a funner game, but that's just me. I say wait until the price to drop to about $40 or even $50, but it's not worth $60 for a game with only 15 maps, and only multiplayer, unless that's your thing. Then by all means go for it. Expand
  40. Mar 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game, keeps you on your toes. Decent combat system. Just wish there was a long campaign for both offline and online play. Replay value sorta high if you are a 100% completion type of person. I would recommend this game as a solid rental and decide from there if you wish to buy it. Expand
  41. Mar 21, 2014
    After playing this over hyped shiny turd, all I could think of was how disappoint it was. If you wanna play the least competitive in you're life then this is it. It has absolutely zero planning or team based strategies. It's basically everyone for themselves, no strategy, no competitiveness, just explosions and robots, literally. Sure it looks good, but there's a lot of problems with itAfter playing this over hyped shiny turd, all I could think of was how disappoint it was. If you wanna play the least competitive in you're life then this is it. It has absolutely zero planning or team based strategies. It's basically everyone for themselves, no strategy, no competitiveness, just explosions and robots, literally. Sure it looks good, but there's a lot of problems with it bellow the surface. Expand
  42. Mar 22, 2014
    Gameplay wise, it is flawless. Fast paced, balanced action, cool concept and extraordinary titans. Content wise, this is an unfinished game. No private lobbies, no customisation, barebones campaign that could have been so much more let this game down from being flawless.
  43. Mar 23, 2014
    A ok game from Respawn. Graphics are decent, the game is kinda fun, not ground breaking or adictive, but very nice and good.
    It lacks soul, that is for sure, but it does try to do everything right, it just sounds and looks plastic and not much sincere, but it is not bad by any means.
    If you like FPS multiplayer, you will probably enjoy it.
  44. Mar 15, 2014
    Nothing "next gen", console seller worthy or ground shattering about this game whatsoever.
    Missing a lot of content that could be there (customization, true campaign mode, coop modes, etc.)
    The "campaign mode" was clearly just thrown together to make it seems as though there is more content to this game... the campaign is the exact same thing as the regular multiplayer mode, except there is a short 15 second cut scene before the game begins, it's their lame attempt to try making it seem like there is more content to this game than there truly is.
    Terrible A.I., they are basically just there to make up for the game not being able to handle running more than 12 user controlled players.
    The graphics/ performance of this game definitely don't make up for the lackluster game play of Titanfall either... 792p with only 12 players and constant screen tearing as well as framerate dips that hang around 20-30fps whenever there are more than 3 players on screen.... come on, that's just embarrassing.
    Sadly most of the content that is missing from the original release will surely be released in the form of DLC that we have to pay extra for.
    5/10 only because this game has some potential if they add in some more content. (free of charge)
  45. Mar 14, 2014
    (i'm brazilian,i speak in portuguese).
    vejamos um fps qualquer,graficos do beta.
    pelo meu ponto de vista não posso falar da jogabilidade.
    mas os graficos da versão beta,aí é um ponto bem negativo.
  46. Mar 15, 2014
    Titanfall is a good looking game, visuals are nice and map are varied in design. Combat is good, movement system works well and the titans are an interesting feature, albeit do feel like a bit of a gimmick.

Where Titanfall falls short for me is, it's a fairly unsophisticated game. Whilst you unlock new weapons and abilities, these are few and far between and really do not impact the game dramatically. The developers have decided how they want you to play the game, which is a fast paced arcade FPS. Whilst fans of that format will be delighted, for people like me who like the freedom to choose my playstyle (not camping, before anyone thinks this is what I am talking about!!), it becomes stale quite quickly, as you basically fight exactly the same battle at exactly the same pace every game.

The Titans do not have the wow factor I was expecting. Going titan vs titan is just a slugfest and laying waste to bots is no challenge whatsoever. The best moments in the titan tend to be when you are fighting against pilot, trying to pick off the fast moving players created some good moments (and vice versa when playing as a pilot vs a titan).

The "Campaign" (their description) appears a complete afterthought. Ask anyone who has completed it about the story and most will just give you a blank look. The reasoning behind the campaign stages are paper thin and calling it a campaign just seems wrong, as there appears little overall context.

For me, Titanfall will be the game I go to when I just want some meaningless action or a blast around with friends. It's not a game I'll play for hours on end, however I do see potential here. A few more diverse customisation options / abilities to give player the freedom to pick the fight they want would help maintain the interest.
  47. Mar 19, 2014
    Let me start this review off with saying, NO Titanfall is not worth buying an Xbox One. Yes the game play is a blast to play and it is just a breath of fresh air in the gaming world. But, this game is not worth all the hype it set up for itself. If your expecting some sort of complete revolution of the FPS genre, then you need to lower your expectations. The whole concept of mechs inLet me start this review off with saying, NO Titanfall is not worth buying an Xbox One. Yes the game play is a blast to play and it is just a breath of fresh air in the gaming world. But, this game is not worth all the hype it set up for itself. If your expecting some sort of complete revolution of the FPS genre, then you need to lower your expectations. The whole concept of mechs in general is cool, being able to call a titan in at any moment you want to be able to slaughter your enemies is cool, being able to parkour across the map instead of having to follow that linear path of corridors is cool. This game executes that all perfectly. However, this all, believe it or not, gets repetitive and, dare I say boring, after a while. That sense of empowerment and awe from calling in your titan and suddenly becoming a force to be reckoned with wears off quite fast believe it or not. This game is cod with mechs and jetpacks, bottom line. The story in this game is nonexistent, just some pretty pretty set pieces and the cliche "We gotta fight for our freedom from the big bad govt" is executed with some pretty cringe worthy dialogue. There is not alot of guns in this game, so do not come into this game thinking it has the gun arsenal of COD or BF, it has, at the most, 10 main weapons, 3 side weapons, 5 or 6 titan weapons, and titan missiles that are all the same, just launched differently. The choice of weapons in this game is obvious for both pilots and titans, and it makes the the entire idea of having those spare weapons feel wasteful and almost like a joke. Why pick that terrible missile launcher when you can pick the machine gun that fires faster and is more accurate? Why pick the revolver for your pilot when you can pick the game's standard handgun that does a little less damage but is both more accurate AND has more ammo? The game has a prestige system that feels like a joke, forcing you to to complete challenges that would have you breaking your normal strategy to have to adopt a whole new one just to get to the next prestige. While this does sound more like a pro seeing as it does add longevity to the game and it gives it a challenge, when you actually play it and see that you have to use that dreaded bolt action sniper rifle to score 100 kills on pilots at the moment they eject from their titan, you will see my point. I plan on returning this game back to gamefly where it belongs. All in all this game gets 5.5/10 from me. Expand
  48. Mar 19, 2014
    Good game, however runs on an old engine with the same formula that has been used for many a CoD game in the past. If you're looking for something new, interesting, and exciting, it's not here.
  49. Mar 16, 2014
    Interesting game, but I'm already bored of it after less than a week. The game is fun, but it's essentially just another COD clone. The titans don't give you anything extra because they're pretty much just larger versions of the pilots. Kill times are too quick and the game gets really repetitive, really fast.
  50. Mar 18, 2014
    People are rating this game way too high. The pros to the game are, the game runs smooth. It is a little different than any other shooter i have played to a certain degree. Its easy to pick up and play and thats pretty much it...

The cons are, the game isn't a game changer nor is it close in any way. The connection can get a little iffy at times and i know for a fact it isn't my internet. Screen tearing occurs often. The game lacks depth and is really basic. There are limited guns and the unlocks aren't real rewarding. It lacks skill to play so i guess if you suck at video games this ones for you. Lastly, there is no real campaign which in my mind i honestly think a lot of people are just giving it a 10 because (it's an exclusive to xbox.. I think you know where I'm going with that) because if there isn't a campaign half the game isn't even there. I don't see how one could rate a game without a campaign over a 6. Thats just my opinion.
  51. Mar 16, 2014
    Don't get me wrong, this game isn't terrible but it isn't really that great either, I mean; what's different? Mechs? Smart Pistols? Please this isn't next gen, it isn't innovative. It was fun for me personally for about 10 hours at least. I played this on my pc and the visuals still aren't that impressive, it's still past gen, uncharted 2 had better graphics than this. At least EA didn'tDon't get me wrong, this game isn't terrible but it isn't really that great either, I mean; what's different? Mechs? Smart Pistols? Please this isn't next gen, it isn't innovative. It was fun for me personally for about 10 hours at least. I played this on my pc and the visuals still aren't that impressive, it's still past gen, uncharted 2 had better graphics than this. At least EA didn't screw the servers up! Expand
  52. Mar 13, 2014
    To begin. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo need to get together and form some sort of marketing 'Triforce' to remove, kick EA's blackened gnarled roots out of the verdent soil of gaming and send them back to Sheol and the netherworlds from whence they came!! And with that invasive virulence you can add that incestuous organization called 'Hollywood'. You software guys never needed either ofTo begin. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo need to get together and form some sort of marketing 'Triforce' to remove, kick EA's blackened gnarled roots out of the verdent soil of gaming and send them back to Sheol and the netherworlds from whence they came!! And with that invasive virulence you can add that incestuous organization called 'Hollywood'. You software guys never needed either of them to make great games; you always have had it within you! Battlefield 4, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, and now this game Titanfall are all experiencing server dropouts, in some cases (BF4 and PvZ) freeze-ups, and server lag (PvZ). Are not Microsofts servers handling Titanfall? Someone out there does not understand their tech and we are all getting the fallout (frustration and disappointment) from it. And they are getting our dollars and hard earned money. Only for me, not this time because I have a merciful friend in retail who took back my copy of Titanfall at full value. The beta, or so I thought, was to be just a taste of what was to come. A pre-cursor to an expanded deeper universe filled with imagination and adventures to be shared. Alas, the only sharing so far are kill-to-deaths stats etc., 'Upload' video clips adnauseam of clever kills, questions like "What were the story and campaign about really?", about how bad the matchmaking is (because of this issue do the competitive aspects of the game really matter if a team of level 1-6s are pited against a team of 20s and above), and the technical shortcomings. Perhaps there is no matchmaking and the process has devolved into some sort of sadistic event where everyone is just thrown into the crucible and the guy at the highest level with all the upgrades and experience is going to be the 'team' winner sending all of those lower levels who havn't even been allowed yet to upgrade scurrying for extraction. But that lower level must persevere and earn his or her right to manhood by continuing on. I gave this game a five because it comes with the yellow icon which means typically caution. Attempts to make anew and evolve I have always respected. It is to my mind a mandate for we humans to grow and improve ourselves. But there can become a dark side if not assessed, examined, and checked for abuses and hurtfulness. In this light for example, EA has GOT TO GO! The game Titanfall tries but 'falls' short. If you like(d) Unreal Tournament, which I did in its time, this game may be a good experience. It is however, a hefty pricetag for such a one dimensional game, you must be online to play it, and against always your fellow man. I heard someone refer to our culture as the 'culture of death' recently. For me this describes a continuing slide into deeper levels of banality. This game teeters on the precipace. Just running around shooting everything in sight that is moving for upgrades, stats, and bragging rights is becoming redundant and old for me personally. Interesting for a short while and then ................. Plants vs Zombies GW has also become just a shoot-em-up? These guys (more so the publishers) have found a formula that Titanfall uses which predates on human curiousity and the seeming power associated with creating and evolving a personal character in the virtual world. A distillation process that is slowley extracting any other content from the game other than the advancement of ones avatar in a context of attraction of their choosing which seems to be based on what gamers are buying. It is becoming less about content and more about big money, which people wanting and needing more of are sorely lacking (content) in my experiences. I give Titanfall a 5 because of the technical flaws, lack of content and false advertising, it has a few interesting wrinkles in gameplay (wall running etc.), online only and the resultant matchmaking, and average (especially in the character modeling) graphics. Will Respawn truely live up to their implied name or wilt under the tyranny of the publisher? And yet they may not know the difference anymore either. Just another fancy name lacking grit. And I like very much that we the 'users' get to pen reviews based on our hearts, emotions, feeling, and moral choices. Perhaps even more vital than a preset 'choice' and criteria of strategies and categaries! Remember the Pharisees. Expand
  53. Mar 16, 2014
    Positives:

What Titanfall does right is the fact that the game itself feels smooth. Buttery smooth. The parkour, the wall running, double jumping, shooting, etc. are all very smooth. Negatives: Titanfall 2 may or may not be better, but Titanfall itself just the same old shooter. The same old Call of Duty developers. Using a 10 year old outdated engine (Source, which still has a
    Positives:

Negatives:

Titanfall 2 may or may not be better, but Titanfall itself just the same old shooter. The same old Call of Duty developers. Using a 10 year old outdated engine (Source, which still has a little bit of Quake left), outdated game mechanics (i.e. wallrunning taken from Warframe), overpowered weapons (Smart Pistol and Shotgun), bots that are nothing like the Massive Online Battle Arena counterparts (they don't play the objective, they're just there to make Titans easier to get, which is stupid if you ask me), and the Titans are too easy to get.

If you want a new gaming experience, then you will NOT get it from Titanfall. It did not live up to its hype. Wait for the sequel. Them going to Microsoft for financial and marketing purposes was not a good move for their first game.
  54. Mar 14, 2014
    Fun game to play but not much for innovation. It is a hybrid of COD, Halo, UT, and Mirrors edge. Where are the detailed stats? Customization? Sadly I feel this is a Respawn quote "Lets get this game out, it is an xbox exclusive so don't put too much work into it, lets start working on the sequel now which will be released on all platforms!" I really enjoy playing but in a month it willFun game to play but not much for innovation. It is a hybrid of COD, Halo, UT, and Mirrors edge. Where are the detailed stats? Customization? Sadly I feel this is a Respawn quote "Lets get this game out, it is an xbox exclusive so don't put too much work into it, lets start working on the sequel now which will be released on all platforms!" I really enjoy playing but in a month it will collect dust. Expand
  55. Mar 19, 2014
    Start of this game is very fun from the moment your taken through the start of the so called story line - some of the early moments within this game are mind blowing the first time you call a titan in to when you wall climb around that map like a monkey on crack.
    With all good things though there is a major issue, that being the amount of depth in multiplier, only 3 titans and 3 core characters leaves a lot to desire, not even 1st prestige and it's getting a little boring.
    It seems like this game was rushed out to meet the demands of the failing Xbone, which is a real shame as this being a direct competitor for COD and Battlefield the depth is poor. Looking forward to see what the bring with the DLC packages.
  56. Mar 13, 2014
    Titanfall is unfortunately a product of Activision's milking of the FPS genre. If this came out before CoD or other FPS monsters, it gets a 9, instead...well...Titanfall IS a good game, don't get me wrong! But it doesn't get a 9 because so much of past FPS elements are utilized. The result comes out to feel a little bland and "CoD-ish". Sort of like Black Ops training range with a fewTitanfall is unfortunately a product of Activision's milking of the FPS genre. If this came out before CoD or other FPS monsters, it gets a 9, instead...well...Titanfall IS a good game, don't get me wrong! But it doesn't get a 9 because so much of past FPS elements are utilized. The result comes out to feel a little bland and "CoD-ish". Sort of like Black Ops training range with a few friends, and 1 killstreak (titans). I do like Titanfall. It is fun to play, but just a little stale to live up to the hype. Not groundbreaking unfortunately. Expand
  57. Mar 13, 2014
    This game features all the things I love about FPS, with a twist... Huge mechs to smash the opposition with! I will not say that the game is ground breaking due to the fact that the MechWarrior games have been around for a long time before now. Titanfall is fun but with the short story line and limited weapons and mechs to choose from, I cannot give it higher than a 7. With the Season PassThis game features all the things I love about FPS, with a twist... Huge mechs to smash the opposition with! I will not say that the game is ground breaking due to the fact that the MechWarrior games have been around for a long time before now. Titanfall is fun but with the short story line and limited weapons and mechs to choose from, I cannot give it higher than a 7. With the Season Pass giving you three content packs I can only hope that it will give you more options to choose from. Expand
  58. Mar 29, 2014
    Waited a few weeks to write this review. This game is fun at first but gets old very, very fast. I bought an Xbox One in November knowing this game was coming but am disappointed with the overall lack of game the hype delivered. If you were lucky enough to get this game for free when buying the bundle then great but if not, rent it for the weekend and you will be just as satisfied. IWaited a few weeks to write this review. This game is fun at first but gets old very, very fast. I bought an Xbox One in November knowing this game was coming but am disappointed with the overall lack of game the hype delivered. If you were lucky enough to get this game for free when buying the bundle then great but if not, rent it for the weekend and you will be just as satisfied. I agree that there are Sony fans rating zero but there are just as many Microsoft fans over rating this game at 8-10 just because they finally have a game worth giving a rating.

My Review in short. Only buy this game if you are satisfied knowing that there is only multiplayer and that you can see the whole game in a few hours. If you are multiplayer driven and content doesn't matter then this game is for you.

Pros: Fun; Titans!; Fast-Paced Multiplayer
    Cons: Low on content; gets old quickly, inferior resolution (sorry to mention resolution but this is 2014)
  59. Apr 2, 2014
    Repetitive after 1 hour its boring, what happened to a great single-player campaign oh wait the stupid internet. However great graphics, fun at first just lacks any excitement.
  60. Mar 12, 2014
    First of all, I'm sick of this title's reviews being powered by fanboyitis. Every single person that reviews this title should be mandated to put their gamer tag in the review to prove they've actually played it and aren't just a fanboy drone from either side. That said: Averix is mine. I've played it. Obviously just scratching the surface on the title, but some things stand out already.First of all, I'm sick of this title's reviews being powered by fanboyitis. Every single person that reviews this title should be mandated to put their gamer tag in the review to prove they've actually played it and aren't just a fanboy drone from either side. That said: Averix is mine. I've played it. Obviously just scratching the surface on the title, but some things stand out already.
    I like Titanfall, but it is far from perfect. It feels like a Halo/BF/COD hybrid. I like that, but I guarantee some people won't. I think the number of people playing this will peak when the 360 version is released and then decline steadily as people migrate back to more traditional shooters. Just my guess, but wait and see. As for it being revolutionary, not so much. It's got elements of those titles I pointed out plus the mechs. That is the biggest sell for the title. You aren't just running and gunning as a human, but sometimes in a giant beast of a mech that adds a whole different playstyle to the game. The balance of waiting for Titans and the fact they can be brought down by a coordinated human assault makes them a great part of the game. Now for the bad parts. First, sorry but the graphics are just good, not great. Look at the textures up close. Look at the aliasing (better than it was in the beta though) on the Titan cockpit lines. Second, the frame rate is not even close to constant. There have been times it's chugged to a crawl. Usually there's a few Titans involved when that starts happening, but the game is called Titanfall and should handle that a bit more gracefully. Third, the dumb AI bots. I can forgive the 6x6 human element, but the added ground forces are just plain dumb. Shooting at nothing, running around for no reason, etc. Fourth, the lack of a real campaign. The story driven co-op really doesn't cut it. I get that this is primarily a multiplayer game, but why is it $60 like the games that have a story plus multiplayer then? Kind of feels half done to me. All in all, the game is good fun. Everyone should try it before harping about the shortcomings. I think Titanfall 2 will be when this series really hits its stride.
  61. Mar 14, 2014
    I was going mad for this game when I heard the ppl who behind it! I've got to say Titanfall is a decent game but it gets a bit samey after a while! This was the game that was gonna save the xbox one for me but lets face it ...... the console is pure s**t!! And the games are poor! Ill give this game a few more hours but I'm not convinced! And I'm a tad disappointed to be honest :( Overall,I was going mad for this game when I heard the ppl who behind it! I've got to say Titanfall is a decent game but it gets a bit samey after a while! This was the game that was gonna save the xbox one for me but lets face it ...... the console is pure s**t!! And the games are poor! Ill give this game a few more hours but I'm not convinced! And I'm a tad disappointed to be honest :( Overall, fun for a while to kill time, but I won't go out my way to play it.... 6/10 for me! Expand
  62. Mar 17, 2014
    Great idea, great game play (when server connection is solid which was the first couple of days but has since been unplayable) but far too limited in scope to justify the $60 price tag. Your mileage may vary - but as shooters go, this is NOT as revolutionary as most have hoped.

1. Not enough maps. 2. Modes are not all that creative but the game play makes it fun. 3. Matchmaking is

1. Not enough maps.
    2. Modes are not all that creative but the game play makes it fun.
    3. Matchmaking is not very well executed
    4. Weapons are fun to work with but are too limited.
    5. Achievements are a rehash
    6. Run and gun is the only way to play - careful aim and strategy are non-existent (not that I expected that to be supported)
    7. Titans are really fun to work with

But my biggest issue is the complete lack of support of and interaction with the player base by the publisher (EA) or developer (Respawn). Absolutely no response from anyone on the connection issues that are plaguing the game.

The game is great for the first few hours or even 10 but then gets repetitive and with the connection issues and lack of support its time to uninstall and return the game for me.
  63. Mar 14, 2014
    I truly can't believe all the hype surrounding this game. Is it a fun game, YES. Does it reinvent the wheel, NO. It's yet another online FPS that caters to the yolo/swag generation of gamers who think being good at games is going to garner them fame and riches. Or having a high K/D is going to net them a date with a supermodel. Like I said, it's mildly amusing in short bursts but withI truly can't believe all the hype surrounding this game. Is it a fun game, YES. Does it reinvent the wheel, NO. It's yet another online FPS that caters to the yolo/swag generation of gamers who think being good at games is going to garner them fame and riches. Or having a high K/D is going to net them a date with a supermodel. Like I said, it's mildly amusing in short bursts but with stupid A.I. bots, only 5 game modes, and no campaign, this game in no way deserves anything higher than a 7. And don't even get me started on the smart pistol. It's this games version of the target finder/noob tubing/quick scoping. It won't be long before the community ruins this game just like every other FPS. Expand
  64. Mar 17, 2014
    After all the hype, Titanfall was never going to deliver. Expectations were certainly never going to be met but to scrape a rating of 5 is simply not good enough, at $80. It's not a particularly captivating game and after a couple hours of gameplay I reverted back to COD:Ghosts. Sure, it's 100% chaotic but is that really a decent selling point? It requires little to no skill, laying down aAfter all the hype, Titanfall was never going to deliver. Expectations were certainly never going to be met but to scrape a rating of 5 is simply not good enough, at $80. It's not a particularly captivating game and after a couple hours of gameplay I reverted back to COD:Ghosts. Sure, it's 100% chaotic but is that really a decent selling point? It requires little to no skill, laying down a welcome mat for any noob. There's a distinct sense that with every pilot kill it could have gone either way. The AI are almost redundant, simply serving as cannon fodder. At most, AI are an irritation that mask the enemy, making for an infuriating experience. Titanfall isn't completely terrible, there are some satisfactory moments (but they are few and far between). The game is severely lacking in game modes. If you want to overlook terrible FPS and bouncing fluidly from wall to wall is enough to pacify your needs as a gamer then you've still been stiffed at that price. Titanfall is a disappointment and to those of you rating it a 10, I'm sorry but you're completely deluded. This game is nothing like COD, nor is it a future competitor. Expand
  65. Mar 11, 2014
    It is solid game, which is better than Call of Duty BO2 or MW3 for its robots, jumping.. That's all. Well robots(titans) are really cool. But it is still futuristic Call of Duty.
  66. Mar 14, 2014
    I'm sure my review will get lost in the stack by now but I still want to write a review.

7/10, Why? The game is a lot of fun, a good callback to the run and gun feeling of older games with nice new graphics and gameplay. The titans add a lot to the normal hiding behind chest high walls, lobbing grenades, and shooting around corners. The titan's AI isn't to bad itself following you

7/10, Why?

The game is a lot of fun, a good callback to the run and gun feeling of older games with nice new graphics and gameplay. The titans add a lot to the normal hiding behind chest high walls, lobbing grenades, and shooting around corners. The titan's AI isn't to bad itself following you and providing a nice distraction or taking care of those pesky bots. The maps provide plenty of space for running, climbing, rockem' sockem' robots fun.

BUT,

The"Multiplayer Campaign" is pretty sad, not really anything but a small variety pack with most of the variety taken out. The lack of game modes can make the game rather dull a little to quickly. The lack of guns and abilities can wear thin as well. The AI, at least on bots, as everyone else has said is dense. I understand that the point of bots is to mainly cut your titanfall time down and to allow unskilled players something to provide the team with. The graphics aren't terrible like everyone else says, maybe not perfect but definitely not bad.

In summary, it's a good game. Slightly lacking in content but overall fun. I wouldn't suggest buying a console for this game ( buying a console for any one game for that matter ) but it's not terrible like so many reviews have stated.
  67. Mar 12, 2014
    This game just didnt impress me like i was hoping it would. Screen tearing happens a lot. The graphics and maps did not feel next gen to me. And not much content for a full price game. No single player campaign either. That being said, the controls were fluid. Glad for those that enjoy this game...but i didnt.
  68. Mar 11, 2014
    I didn't play the beta, and bought into the hype for the game and preordered. For a while the game is pretty good. The movement is smooth, and the overall quality of the gameplay is fairly solid. It plays like a cross between CoD and planetside imo. Though I'm not a big player of shooters. I haven't been able to get into one since the original MW. My issue with this game is not in what youI didn't play the beta, and bought into the hype for the game and preordered. For a while the game is pretty good. The movement is smooth, and the overall quality of the gameplay is fairly solid. It plays like a cross between CoD and planetside imo. Though I'm not a big player of shooters. I haven't been able to get into one since the original MW. My issue with this game is not in what you have, but in what you don't.

It has a lot of maps but many of them just feel the same. The complete lack of game modes is a huge turnoff. It just feels like you can only play basically 3 modes on repeat. Being deathmatch, capture the flag, and capture the 3 points. After maybe 5 or 6 hours of game time I could already sense how fast this was going to get old. Also the leveling system is a dumbed down version of call of duty's system. Some might argue it's equivalent but that just makes it a carbon copy at best. Nothing really innovative with it. We won't even go in the "campaign" because that's not even real. It's some voice over work with the same 2 game modes on repeat, and it doesn't make any difference if you win or lose.

In the end the game lacks content. It's as simple as that. It feels as if they hyped it to an extreme and bought a lot of official reviews, because players everywhere just find it "ok". It comes off as either they are generating interest for Titanfall 2 or they plan to sell us all the actual content in DLC after charging us $60 to play 3 game modes for months. It doesn't have lasting appeal, and within 12 hours of purchase I had refunded my copy through origin. Take it as you will.
  69. Mar 14, 2014
    The idea is there, but I feel like it's a lot of wasted potential. I'm not saying that the game is outright BAD... I'm just saying that it could have been A LOT better. There's not enough weapon variety, the maps are really lacking and the combat is a bit bare-boned.
    But these are things that can AND will be fixed.
    I'd just like to dismiss both sides of the consoles fans right now and
    But these are things that can AND will be fixed.

I'd just like to dismiss both sides of the consoles fans right now and say that:
    The game is not absolute garbage
    and
    the game is not a masterpiece game changer that will revolutionize shooters as say something like CoD 4 did.

it's in the middle and it's more leaning to the good side of things. Stop complaining and play the god damn game if you think it's bad.
  70. Mar 23, 2014
    This is a fun, solid game, but I feel it's been overrated by the pro critics. I could see if you almost exclusively play competitive FPS, then yes, this game is amazing, game-changing, blah blah blah. There are solid mechanics, a wonderful sense of verticality and speed and much more varied gameplay with the inclusion of your loadout options and the titans. However, nothing here is newThis is a fun, solid game, but I feel it's been overrated by the pro critics. I could see if you almost exclusively play competitive FPS, then yes, this game is amazing, game-changing, blah blah blah. There are solid mechanics, a wonderful sense of verticality and speed and much more varied gameplay with the inclusion of your loadout options and the titans. However, nothing here is new if you've played other genres. It does gel a lot of these ideas into a cohesive, solid balance and for that, developers should receive a lot of credit. There's a lot, however, that stops this game from achieving greatness or "bringing us into the next generation" (an overused, undeserved phrase in this case). Let me take this moment to apologize for the overwhelming criticisms I include in this review. There really is a lot of fun to be had here, but that fun is fleeting in the face of the issues. Moving on... First, the graphics. Great, not next-gen. While this is the case for the majority of games on Xbox One and PS4 (but especially Xbox one), Titanfall does nothing to distinguish itself from the pack. Second, a baffling lack of options. I mean, this is 2014. What is omitted here is shocking when you consider the $60 price tag. No character customizations (changing your main weapon changes the look of your character), no ability to choose the map, very few gameplay modes with no customizations options; these are things that FPS vets have had available for years. Third, the complete lack of importance. You can fail a campaign mission and you just go to the next one anyway. By not being able to build a character in any way, there is no real sense of permanence or growth. There is not much that makes me really feel that I'm a player in this world and I can already see there's not much to keep me here a few months from now. It's just something to have fun in for a while. As a whole, the game has the distinct feeling of either being an unfinished product (put out to combat the lack of AAA games in the launch window) or that it was forced on the Xbox One to appeal to mass console gamers rather than beginning its life in the PC market. Recent interviews lead me to believe the latter; this was a game meant for a more specific audience and, ideally, a lower price point. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to love here. But this should not have gone out at $60. There are a couple complaints that are repeated throughout the internet. The lack of a campaign (either single or coop) and the lack of an offline single player. In general, neither of these complaints should be warranted. There are plenty of examples of non-campaign multiplayer (Gotham City Imposters) or online only games (any MMO). In truth, you can play this game endlessly single-player, Very few players actually chat and there's so much going on, it's easy to just solo it on the hectic battlefields. However, in the context of a hyped-up, $60 release for a major console, these issues should weigh heavily in any review or decision to purchase. The campaign is not effective. There are some feelings around that Respawn should be lauded for trying something new in this area, I say, no, because it just doesn't work. I don't know a single person who knows what's going on with the story unless they read it on the internet. That is a clear indication that, whatever their intentions were, they didn't succeed. It feels, again, shoehorned in to appeal to mass console gamers. On that note, there are plenty of examples where the storyline is presented in the midst of playing (Skyrim for one).
    The bottom line: great game, you'll likely have fun playing it. But don't buy at full retail. Get the bundle, wait for the price drop, or wait until enough content has been added to justify the price (which may not actually happen). As it stand, I have to score this with the price and content presented.
    On a related note: the ping for Hawaii is horrible. Yes, I know we should be used to it by now given that no company has fixed this issue. But I say nay! There are solutions to this problem (both in terms of programming and hardware) so that we can play on level playing field, but as it is, if you're in Hawaii and you want the most fair game, you're restricted. Play Hardpoint with and against other Hawaii players to have an enjoyable time. Otherwise, expect that you'll need to unload magazines into enemies to kill them and be prepared to die all the time. And yes, I know other areas of the world have the same issue. Which is all the more reason why the developers and EA should be more active in balancing out the situation.
  71. May 27, 2014
    Ignore the people who insist this isn't a COD clone. Stupid, overpowered weapons, lazy burn cards (kill streaks, pretty much), and unbalanced titans make this game an over-hyped turd. The titans are so unbalanced that they are almost unplayable. The triple threat and souped up chaingun are incredibly overpowered. Burn cards can't be traded with friends, and are immediately cancelledIgnore the people who insist this isn't a COD clone. Stupid, overpowered weapons, lazy burn cards (kill streaks, pretty much), and unbalanced titans make this game an over-hyped turd. The titans are so unbalanced that they are almost unplayable. The triple threat and souped up chaingun are incredibly overpowered. Burn cards can't be traded with friends, and are immediately cancelled upon death, if they are even worth using at all.

There is no single player option, yet you will be charged full price for this title. The 'campaign' is played over about a dozen multiplayer maps, and the tepid story is fed in drips and drabs of cutscenes. Terribly, despite charging you for a MP only game, EA has the gall to charge 10$ for 3 maps just a few weeks after the game launched.

There are only a handful of game modes, and nothing groundbreaking. It can take close to 15 minutes to find a match. Because it's a COD clone, it attracts the same douchebag demographic, who have delighted in learning that for some reason, titans crouch, therefore can teabag.

Titanfall has been billed as groundbreaking, or innovative. This is false advertising. There is nothing in TF that can't be found in other games.
  72. Apr 27, 2014
    Titanfall is a good game, but doesn't really have much long-lasting potential. It's easy to get tired of playing, and the graphics are definitely last-generation. The concept has a ton of potential, but the actual game doesn't quite live up.
  73. Mar 12, 2014
    I wasn't initially planning to buy this game because of it being multiplayer only. I knew I would eventually but I wanted to play at the same time my friends and also wanted to support games on the Xone with all the negativity from fanboys. When I picked up Dark Souls 2, I grabbed this as well and played for about 5 hours. Unfortunately, while a solidly built multiplayer experience, itI wasn't initially planning to buy this game because of it being multiplayer only. I knew I would eventually but I wanted to play at the same time my friends and also wanted to support games on the Xone with all the negativity from fanboys. When I picked up Dark Souls 2, I grabbed this as well and played for about 5 hours. Unfortunately, while a solidly built multiplayer experience, it left me wanting more.

My friends and I played through the campaign and we are all asking the question "What did we just accomplish?" and for a $60 game that is as hyped as Titanfall, I shouldn't be asking that. I just felt as I am only getting half a game.

On top of this, the visuals aren't anything to write about and it does suffer from screen-tearing and drop in frame-rate more than expected. Regardless the second two items can be cleaned up with patches. My other gripes is there isn't a lot of weapons or titans to choose from and the maps are rather tiny and I find my titan getting stuck on the environment or other titans way too often.

I still find this game to be good in short bursts as it is very balanced and makes your palms sweat from the intensity but in the end, as someone who prefers Xbox, (I have all systems and a gaming rig) it is a little disappointing with all the hype behind it.
  74. Mar 12, 2014
    I really wanted to love this game. However, its just a little too short on content for the price tag. It is very enjoyable when it works (be prepared for it to not work). It doesn't deserve a 0/10. It definitely doesn't deserve a 10/10, or anyone praising it as a genre redefining game, or conversely as a giant pile of garbage.

First off, the gameplay. This game runs very smoothly, and

First off, the gameplay. This game runs very smoothly, and looks pretty good. Not great, nothing eyepopping to be honest, but it does a good job of setting atmosphere for your wall jumping, man crushing, mech combat. It is a first person shooter seamlessly blended with a mech shooter, and a level of platforming not all that common anymore. So in that regard, it makes a very good update of an oldschool shooter. However, that's where it stops. It really doesn't go any farther than that. The AI, which was touted as filling out the game to make it seem for frenetic, is atrocious, and their attempt at adding a story is insulting. There are only a few guns available (I assume more will be added in content packs, adding another 25 dollars to the price tag) and none of them are really all that interesting except for the smart pistol, which is meh anyway. You're customization options are pretty limited as well, both on mechs and on your gear, making it all feel rather bare.

As far as maps go, they are well designed, and fun to look at and play on. They aren't particularly large, and tend to still feel a little empty. This game doesn't feel finished in that regard. I'm not going to talk about connection issues, as its too early in this games launch to tell if this will be a consistent problem. The lack of any visible team balancing can make for some incredibly frustrating, or boring matches, making it all a little luck of the draw.

My verdict on this game is very middle of the road for a reason. I found it to be pretty mediocre, with some great moments, and some incredibly frustrating issues. you'll either love it or hate it. I would give it a shot though, either when it drops in price, or through origin, as you can get a refund within 24 hours of first playing it.
  75. Mar 12, 2014
    A completely online game with no story mode, with no cuts to the price. If you've played this game, you'll notice that there are not enough game modes presently. I'm sure there will be more added later in DLC's that will cost around 10 USD's, this is the way of the business now. It's a very fluid game, and it's a shame because some of the maps are made for camping, and already I'm seeingA completely online game with no story mode, with no cuts to the price. If you've played this game, you'll notice that there are not enough game modes presently. I'm sure there will be more added later in DLC's that will cost around 10 USD's, this is the way of the business now. It's a very fluid game, and it's a shame because some of the maps are made for camping, and already I'm seeing it. There's no destructible environments, take that as you may as a positive or negative. I look at it as a negative. You have these big giant mechs and it would have been nice to blow up a building and use the rubble to melee another mech. Speaking of the mechs, or titans, they seem underpowerd. But that's better than the alternative. I find myself getting a lot more kills as a pilot. The game engine shows, even though a lot of work has been put into it. Generally the game looks good, but there are some textures that look bad. The burn cards are nice, but the weapons amps are too OP. And this would be fine if the cards weren't so plentiful. The smart piston isn't as bad as some have led on, but it will still infuriate others with its lock on ability. Good variety of maps, but I wish they looked better. My pc can handle it, and is it so much to ask for more in 2014? With all the hype, it's hard for me to overlook the bad. Expand
  76. Mar 13, 2014
    The game, while fun at first, is very shallow. There are minimal customization options for weapons and zero for characters (other than gender). You can't even rename the custom pilot / titan loadouts. In 10 or so hours of gameplay I've already beat both pseudo "campaign" modes as well as played tons of classic multiplayer. Each match plays out basically the same: run and gun for a littleThe game, while fun at first, is very shallow. There are minimal customization options for weapons and zero for characters (other than gender). You can't even rename the custom pilot / titan loadouts. In 10 or so hours of gameplay I've already beat both pseudo "campaign" modes as well as played tons of classic multiplayer. Each match plays out basically the same: run and gun for a little while, everyone gets a titan, and run and gun in your titan (or have the titan guard/follow).

AI grunts are pointless and terrible, I'd rather be able to play 12v12 with all humans.

This game is basically mindless shooting, and the gimmicky wall running and robots wears off pretty quick. It's not a bad game, it's just overrated and overhyped. Good marketing though.
  77. Mar 20, 2014
    Not a bad game! But not a good game either! No single player! Not enough modes! Same typical fps shooter over and over! Wow Microsoft is that all you got?
  78. Mar 20, 2014
    Game gets old, fast. The graphics are on par with a mid-generation 360 game and the online is not competitive. TitanFall is definitely a casual shooter and will only provide you with a few hours of online before you feel like you've had enough. There is not enough content within this game to support the price or all these 10/10 reviews.
  79. Mar 20, 2014
    Multiplayer would be fantastic if it were not so limited. 6v6 is frustrating and top it with bots.

And as the campaign ... hello, this is a campaign?
  80. Mar 27, 2014
    I was expecting this to blow me away. The graphics are dated, the small teams are dated. It is a fun fast paced game for about a week. Maybe longer for kids that don't know any better. I have played them all as far as online games go. All the Halo, COD's, Battlefields. This was nothing special. They marketed it to make you want it, but it really gets stale after a while. I am going to sellI was expecting this to blow me away. The graphics are dated, the small teams are dated. It is a fun fast paced game for about a week. Maybe longer for kids that don't know any better. I have played them all as far as online games go. All the Halo, COD's, Battlefields. This was nothing special. They marketed it to make you want it, but it really gets stale after a while. I am going to sell mine back while I can still get top dollar for it. Battlefield 4 on the XB1 is huge, with destructive elements. Kind of hard to like walking in a giant robot when you can't even crush a car, or punch a hole in the wall to grab a pilot running from you. I was expecting this to be the game changer, instead it was another disappointment. Still, it is kind of fun for a while. Just not this awesome game that keeps you going back for more. There is no story to make you even feel like you understand what the battle is for. I still have no idea what it was all about. I remember finishing the "Campaign". They said that some guy died or something. I don't even know what roll he played in the whole thing. The pilot/titan thing gets old hat after a while. Not GOTY. It may be fun for a week or two, but is not a genre changing game. Expand
  81. May 27, 2014
    How do I describe 2014's apparent "game of the year" (according to Microsoft)? How do I describe Microsoft's "Xbox One seller"? How do I describe my once last hope for the next generation industry? Here's how: Generic. Lackluster. Overhyped. Boring.

Titanfall isn't 2014's GOTY; if anything, it's the biggest disappointment. Titanfall is nothing short of your average CoD-grade (not good, by the way) that is devoid of content and appeal. You'll play it a good day, and then your interest will simply melt away. Titanfall is lacking of everything they needed: an addiction factor, a good amount of content, and an actual campaign.

Although Titanfall has MANY flaws, to be fair, let's look at the pros. The graphics are extraordinary and gripping, and maybe the best thing the game has to offer. The multiplayer is fun for a short while, but soon becomes the same thing over and over again until it's quite literally a grind where the player feels obliged to play, rather than want to. The titan idea is new and unique, but ideas only get you so far.

The game's lack of content (excluding maps) is one of the major issues. A heavy lack of weapons, perks, and abilities makes every player similar to another.

Now yes, I know their reasoning for not having a campaign. However, I think it's a stupid reason. A campaign would add greatly needed playing time to the game.

Overall, Titanfall is disappointing. It hasn't lived up to its expectations, and I doubt it ever will.
  82. Mar 12, 2014
    So with not many new games out there, it's any wonder that a lot of players are flocking to this new franchise. But you have to look at this game and wonder...where is it's soul? Seriously if games have souls then this one has none. There is no way this game is going to heaven. Even the game Dark Souls 2 still ironically has a soul...albeit a dark one.
    Before you judge me for judging this
    Before you judge me for judging this game, just know that I am NOT a playstation fanboy. I am just an ex hardcore gamer turned casual who loves many different games of all genres on all platforms. But there is something about Titanfall that just stinks.
    Is it the 6v6 multiplayer? Sort of. It's more the fact that you're mostly getting AI kills....and the AI are really easy to kill. It's also easy to kill other players largely due to the overpowered guns including a pistol with a built in aimbot which takes zero skill to use....skill....something this game proclaims you need to master wall running yet it's so easy it's almost effortless. So I will give the game some credit in that yes it's good some fluid movement with great map design, but it still feels like a shell of a game.
    There is so much hype to this game that it is almost hard to hate. But believe me, play for a few hours and you will start to tire of the fact that you're essentially running round killing AI and in a modern game like this I feel that is unforgivable.
    Maybe if there was some sort of Horde mode where you team up to kill nothing but bots and monsters would actually be more fun than killing each other, or at least something different to the dismal amount of game modes that are just the same variations of game modes we've seen in hundreds of fps games.
    Unreal Tournament, Tribes, Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield....there is a reason why these FPS games stand out regardless if you like them or not. Titanfall only stands out because it has mechs running around. Battlefield and Unreal Tournament prove you don't need any single player story to have a great game you can play online with friends, but unfortunately the matchmaking system in Titanfail feels like it's been rushed as you cannot chose the map you want, you're thrown into a part of the "story"...which is another failure with the game. It was touted as being some sort of next gen experience that would merge a single player campaign with multiplayer, but it's just a mission debriefing at the start of each round, and doesn't have anything at all groundbreaking like they promised would change online gaming forever.
    They really should not have bragged about this feature because quite frankly, the story is generic and barely there so you won't even give a single **** you'll just want to start killing people, which takes so much longer than it should before a round starts.
    PC gamers have NOTHING to cheer about either since the same crappy matchmaking is ported over with no love from the console to the PC. It's just really pathetic that PC gamers could have had larger maps with more players and no bots, but it almost feels like they held back the PC version to keep in line with the console version. Why would they do this? Is it not obvious? It's to make Xbox1 players feel justified in getting the game on Xbox1 and to not make the Xbox1 look so completely inferior to a PC so early in it's life-cycle.
    Ultimately if you want to waste a few hours, there are worse games out there, and at least this is more refreshing than just another COD.
    Still, I would not recommend this game if you want a game with substance or a game you want to play all year, because if I got bored after a day I'm sure kids with short attention spans will go running back to COD pretty quickly.
    5/10 is being generous, because I'm not even going to rant on about the fact the game is unfinished as it will just highlight what is wrong with the gaming industry today. You know, the trend of releasing unfinished games and fixing them later with patches....and then DLC to make you think you're getting more content while they spend the next year actually finishing their game.
  83. Mar 15, 2014
    i wanted review it lower but alot of fanboys cant help but flag this review
    this game deserves a 3-4 in my book its Call of duty with Parkour and mechs
    FYI all those !0's go ahead and review all the users score this is the only thing they have reviewed on here ive reported 20 of them for ban dodging and multiple accounts This game is incomplete ive played the beta on both PC and XB1
    i wanted review it lower but alot of fanboys cant help but flag this review
    this game deserves a 3-4 in my book its Call of duty with Parkour and mechs

This game is incomplete ive played the beta on both PC and XB1 and had the actual game on XB1 i returned it in less than a day because its same old thing over again Call of Duty but with mechs and parkour its lacking content and levels aka i maxed my level in 7 hours

in my opinion this game is worth $35-$45 tops not what the current retail value of $60 your better of playing BF4 for more bang for your buck ya its got problems but @ least its more stable than it was !!!
  84. Mar 19, 2014
    Titanfall is so close to being a great game but sadly falls short, The story is not really there and the campaign is so short it's about 3 hours long if that. Playing titanfall left me wanting a huge multiplayer experience to keep immersed in the game which hasn't been delivered, it needs more things to unlock, more titans, more pilots and more game modes. If the game had a bigger campaignTitanfall is so close to being a great game but sadly falls short, The story is not really there and the campaign is so short it's about 3 hours long if that. Playing titanfall left me wanting a huge multiplayer experience to keep immersed in the game which hasn't been delivered, it needs more things to unlock, more titans, more pilots and more game modes. If the game had a bigger campaign the small size of the multiplayer could be overlooked. The action in titan fall is fast paced frantic and fun, the parkour and titan piloting is pretty awesome, there are new fps dynamics which are great but sadly innovation does not excuse the lack of a complete game. The A.I is terrible they make storm troopers look good, if you really want this game i reccommend waiting for dlc and picking up a cheap copy because it's definitly not worth it's rrp. The graphics are alright i guess this is absolutley not a 10/10 game. Titan fall should take a que from mass effect and start adding free multiplayer dlc asap to make up for screwing people by overhyping a tiny game. Expand
  85. Mar 19, 2014
    I played Titanfall extensively over this past week and I'm loving it. I haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer FPS since Call of Duty 4. I really love the mechanics and the parkour of the game as well as the balance between Titan fights and pilot fights. Even though I'm having lots of fun playing this game, it does have some drawbacks that keep it from achieving greatness. First offI played Titanfall extensively over this past week and I'm loving it. I haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer FPS since Call of Duty 4. I really love the mechanics and the parkour of the game as well as the balance between Titan fights and pilot fights. Even though I'm having lots of fun playing this game, it does have some drawbacks that keep it from achieving greatness. First off lets talk about the graphics. This is the supposed first next gen title on the Xbox One, but it's running at 729 fps on a ten year old source engine. Although this game will most likely run a lot better on the Xbox One than it's 360 counterpart, I can't help but feel like I'm playing a game from last gen. Graphics aside, the unlocks in the game feel scarce and unrewarding. There aren't many guns, or abilities to choose from which makes me worry that the game will grow tiresome fast, and run out of fresh things to keep me interested. Another thing that keeps this title from really achieving greatness is the fact that everybody hyped this thing up to be the greatest shooter of all time and define the next generation multiplayer shooter. Titanfall doesn't quite do that but it is a step in the right direction. I'm excited to see what Titanfall 2 has in store for us and hopefully it is a greater leap forward. Expand
  86. Mar 27, 2014
    It's been almost three weeks now since Titanfall released and the hype has came crashing down. There has literally been zero talk or mention of this game since it's been out and I find it quite hilarious. All the Xbox fan-boys have nothing to say or defend now that they have realized Titanfall is nothing special. I've watched a few commentaries of the game and was bored out of my mind theIt's been almost three weeks now since Titanfall released and the hype has came crashing down. There has literally been zero talk or mention of this game since it's been out and I find it quite hilarious. All the Xbox fan-boys have nothing to say or defend now that they have realized Titanfall is nothing special. I've watched a few commentaries of the game and was bored out of my mind the whole time! The game seems so bland and boring. This wasn't a review, just thoughts on the media surrounding the game. Expand
  87. Mar 17, 2014
    TitanFall is a fun game for the most part. But as others have said it definitely lacks in the story mode department. The campaign is integrated into multiplayer which would have been fine if the game would have had more cinematics instead of constant talking. I have played 4 missions and I still don't know what is going on in the campaign, I just play these random team deathmatch's and tryTitanFall is a fun game for the most part. But as others have said it definitely lacks in the story mode department. The campaign is integrated into multiplayer which would have been fine if the game would have had more cinematics instead of constant talking. I have played 4 missions and I still don't know what is going on in the campaign, I just play these random team deathmatch's and try to kill the opposing team regardless of what the story mode says is going on.

I've also heard a lot about this game being a COD killer and changing the way people play games or change the way games are made. Developers aren't listening to the community. Everyone enjoys multiplayer games. But every review I read, every game I play in this generation always lacks some form of local co-op.

If you want to play a game on Xbox One with your friend on the same console and use your own gamer tags, it's not as simple as the other player picks up a controller and we start a new game. Several games require LAN which means the second player needs their own console and game. With TitanFall being an online only game this feels more like an MMOFPS than a console FPS game.

Games such as COD: Ghosts offer much more capabilities in the area of customization than TitanFall does. Customizing doesn't seem like a very important trait for a game to have but I do believe that if the developer is going to put any effort into it then they need to go all the way. By not having the ability to really change the look of my character I'm left with trying to find the loadout that has the look I want before I worry about what weapons I'm taking to the battlefield which is a little ridiculous.

Is this game a system seller? Absolutely not! Like I said before it is a fun game. But multiplayer games eventually aren't all that fun anymore. Player's generally don't communicate with one another, you play with that one guy that has found a way to hack the game and kills everyone without dying themselves, connection issues creep in and you'll fall through a wall or find yourself standing in the open just in time to get killed.

Developing a game strictly for online play in a console environment is a bold move and I don't feel as if the developers pulled it off to the expectations of the gaming community. TitanFall is currently being released for download with the Xbox One, so is it a system seller? Why should it be when it's being offered for free? I bought my Xbox One recently at the same price it released with and it came with TitanFall.
    Would I pay $60 for it? Absolutely not! Multiplayer games lose their flare very quick and this game will be no different. It's COD with some Prince of Persia thrown in with all the wall running and climbing. These are neat features, but as I continue to play I notice that I'm not using these features very much and when I do I end up dead.

Honestly, if I had paid for this game I would probably be writing a terrible review as this game is not the game changer everyone is making it out to be. People give the game high praise for being able to use a Titan but there have been a few games to try this feature. Players can get in mechs and also walk around outside of them.

One question I do have is in the training we are shown that we can hack into some computer system to open a door and our Titans will follow us. Where else in the game are we ever hacking into a door? Half the maps contain buildings that are all halfway destroyed and all doors are open. I did read we could hack a sentry but I'm failing to see the point in that currently. It seems the developers put a lot of effort into a few meaningless features.

Now to talk about the AI of the enemy. People have said the AI is clumsy, it's just cannon fodder, etc. You're all correct. But doesn't it feel nice to be running along side 4 or 5 soldiers into the heat of combat fighting several other AI soldiers? I enjoyed it. I also cleared out a room of about 6 AI enemies once and while they may be relatively slow it still felt good to know that I did that on my own.

A bug I've noticed, during my 2 hours of game play, is the tracking system for how many kills you've got, deaths, and even accuracy appears to be off at times. I unlocked a sniper and shot 4 times, killed 3 enemies. When I looked at the weapon stats I had 4 shots (which is correct), 0 kills (incorrect), and a 50% accuracy (incorrect). A match ended one time where I joined in on the last minute of play and I killed 4 enemies then died. The end report showed I had no kills and no deaths. Yet my weapon achievements reflected that I did kill those 4 soldiers.

In conclusion. If you don't have an Xbox One yet and are thinking about buying one for this game, make sure it comes as the free download. This game is strictly online play and greatly lacks cinematics and any form of a good story line. This game could be and should be classified as an MMOFPS.
  88. Mar 12, 2014
    Titanfall it's out and hopefully the overhype can finally die down and go away. This isn't a bad game by any stretch, but it feels like it should have been in development for couple more months. With literally no real story to speak of, limited game modes and ALWAYS having to be online this game comes crashing down to Earth as above average at best. The first few tries playing this, XboxTitanfall it's out and hopefully the overhype can finally die down and go away. This isn't a bad game by any stretch, but it feels like it should have been in development for couple more months. With literally no real story to speak of, limited game modes and ALWAYS having to be online this game comes crashing down to Earth as above average at best. The first few tries playing this, Xbox One version by the way, lead to disconnects and levels of game lagginess that were unacceptable. I don't blame the game for that. I blame Microsoft for not readying themselves for a game that was hyped beyond belief. The game it's self is fast and furious though, although after about 9 hours of play I was getting bored with the modes and the inability to work on my skills in a single player type setting. Why no kind of training mode was beyond me, it didn't need to be a full story, but at least a mode where could practice moves and explore the maps to learn how to use the terrain to your advantage in the main game. Unless this game gets major support from EA and Respawn in the form of maps and new modes Titanfall will fall of the radar within the year as soon as the next overhyped game is released. Expand
  89. Mar 19, 2014
    So, Titanfall. I bet you're expecting a 10, or a 9, but not in this review. Now I'm not saying Titanfall's a bad game, in fact it's a good one, but there's just not enough content to justify it's price. So one thing that you probably already know ( if you played the beta ) is that this game is addictive. Even if you completely hate the game, you would still lose hours into it. This isSo, Titanfall. I bet you're expecting a 10, or a 9, but not in this review. Now I'm not saying Titanfall's a bad game, in fact it's a good one, but there's just not enough content to justify it's price. So one thing that you probably already know ( if you played the beta ) is that this game is addictive. Even if you completely hate the game, you would still lose hours into it. This is mainly because it takes the twitch shooter element from Call of Duty, mixes it with the dynamic and tactical gameplay of Battlefield, infuses it with Halo's futuristic setting, puts in Mirrors Edge parkour and puts in mechs to create a totally unique and awesome gameplay experience. And instead of just taking these cool thing that we love and giving them a Titanfall paint job, Respawn have refined them and expanded upon them. However I would have liked to of had Battlefield's destruction, as shooting down starships to destroy waves of enemy's would have been amazing. The graphics are ok, and there are a decent amount of maps and mode's, but there hardly any customisation at all! No attachments for guns! WTF? No pilot customisation! WTF? And this one kills it for me... NO TITAN CUSTOMISATION! That would have awesome! To have a connection to your Titan! To have memory's of all your badass moments! To have a Titan squad with your friends! And the so called story is pointless! You don't care about any one in your squad or story ever! So if you have played the beta don't buy, if you haven't rent, or wait for a price drop. Expand
  90. Mar 14, 2014
    Another game that has been hyped to death but in reality does not deliver a lasting gaming experience. No single player campaign!!! and an online experience that suffers from COD mating with HALO to create a FPS with poor AI and a bunch of decent looking robots. If this game is going to be the salvation of the XBox One then maybe I should seriously consider trading in and going over to theAnother game that has been hyped to death but in reality does not deliver a lasting gaming experience. No single player campaign!!! and an online experience that suffers from COD mating with HALO to create a FPS with poor AI and a bunch of decent looking robots. If this game is going to be the salvation of the XBox One then maybe I should seriously consider trading in and going over to the PS4. Very sad to see that the highly anticipated PS4 killer may just do the opposite. With Infamous about to hit the shelves I am struggling not to trade in after playing this highly anticipated game for the X1. Expand
  91. Mar 12, 2014
    Pros:
    pick up and play fun
    fun to use weapons fast game play ( more than COD) you don't need skills, you can kill bot so no frustration.... nice meka design (remember Votoms a lot!) Cons: xbox 360 graphics Only online play framerate drop a lot in some game mode (last titan stand) low customization level bored after few hours .. not a reason to buy a xone !! sure the 360 version
    Pros:
    pick up and play fun
    fun to use weapons
    fast game play ( more than COD)
    you don't need skills, you can kill bot so no frustration....
    nice meka design (remember Votoms a lot!)
    Cons:
    xbox 360 graphics
    Only online play
    framerate drop a lot in some game mode (last titan stand)
    low customization level
    bored after few hours ..
    not a reason to buy a xone !! sure the 360 version will be the same
  92. Mar 17, 2014
    Bought the Titanfall Xbox bundle and after a short time playing the game I realized why it was included for no additional cost. No offline play, weak story line and bad online arena set up. Fragfests aren't my fav but I don't mind them when done right. This one falls short of the mark. Was almost lost when I first started up campaign mode as that title is usually reserved for offline storyBought the Titanfall Xbox bundle and after a short time playing the game I realized why it was included for no additional cost. No offline play, weak story line and bad online arena set up. Fragfests aren't my fav but I don't mind them when done right. This one falls short of the mark. Was almost lost when I first started up campaign mode as that title is usually reserved for offline story mode. Then you get thrown into an arena with various other players. There was little "matching" involved as it always appeared to have low level players versus high level players. Not one game was evenly matched. The controls are fairly quick to get to know and familiar to other games, this was a plus. Infantry are a bit too powerful versus the titans but I'm sure that will be balanced out in the future. Expand
  93. Mar 13, 2014
    Titanfall is just ok at best. Its not groundbreaking and its definently not worth buying and xbox one for. I think it comes down to the fact that the game selections for xbox one are so spread thin that any new game thats released is a breath of fresh air , But reality is this game will lose your intrest in 10 hours or less! Its just not very good.
  94. Mar 12, 2014
    Good fun game but the AI is what kills it for me its like there not even trying also the campaign isn't even a campaign so if u plan on picking this game up wait for a price drop trust me its not worth the $60 wait for it to be like $50-$40
  95. Mar 12, 2014
    Being a Playstation 4, PC, Xbox 360, and XBox One owner, I would say that this game is an underachiever for the Xbox One. I am not a brand-loyalist (maybe just to Apple, barely), but I support products that are worth my time.

I purchased my Titanfall for XBox One yesterday, and I didn't get a chance to play until last night and this morning. So far, I am loving the game, simply because it is a great game. I love the fact that you can jump-wall, this to me is genius by the developer. Aside from the Titans, this is enough to separate the game from the other shooters in the market. This is what creates franchises and brands. The game is action-packed, and it is suitable for all levels of game play. It feels like a breath of fresh air among the Call of Duty(s) in the world.

That being said, there are a couple of gripes I have about Titanfall on XBox One. The first is with the game, being the bots/minions/spectres. I am not liking these, in fact, I hate them. When I am looking for an opponent, I am looking for a human opponent in a multi-player environment, not artificial intelligence. Maybe I'll like them later on, who knows, but for now, I dislike them.

Second gripe is with the XBox One and being under-powered. Like I said, I own a handful of consoles, and I am not blind to their pros and cons. It's shameful that Titanfall, the most anticipated game this year for the XBox One, cannot run at 1080p (full HD). It is ridiculous. I did some research and apparently it runs at 792p. I mean, what the heck is that? Never heard of such a thing. The Xbox 360 will run Titanfall at 720p, and the XBox One at 792p? You mean to tell me I spent $500 on a console that cannot perform like its next-generation competitor? I love electronic gadgets, so whatever I guess.

Anyway, the game is great overall, and definitely worth purchasing (PC, Xbox 360 or Xbox One).
  96. Mar 13, 2014
    Same game as other shooters just wrapped up in a different suit. I gave this a 7 because there was nothing bad, nor anything good about the game. After about 12 hours of playing, it got boring and stale.
  97. Mar 11, 2014
    Let's be clear. Titanfall is fun. Is it a fantastic game? No. Is it a good game? Yes. The play mechanics are a mix of COD and Halo. You'll either like it or not. The graphics are good, but not next (current) gen. The textures on the ground are a great indication. They look good from a distance, but don't look at them too closely. There are other graphic issues. Tearing and some seriousLet's be clear. Titanfall is fun. Is it a fantastic game? No. Is it a good game? Yes. The play mechanics are a mix of COD and Halo. You'll either like it or not. The graphics are good, but not next (current) gen. The textures on the ground are a great indication. They look good from a distance, but don't look at them too closely. There are other graphic issues. Tearing and some serious frame rate drops. One major annoyance is the time it takes to get into a match. Why there has to be a 70+ second count down before getting to another long loading screen is beyond me. Maybe that is just part of the "campaign" mode. Titanfall is fun, but it is just a distraction without a plot. Just a mash up of COD and Halo. My guess is the online population will drop off just as quick as Halo 4 did. I look forward to Titanfall 2 in the hopes they switch engines, make a real plot, and tweak the mechanics. Expand
  98. Mar 12, 2014
    Unfortunately this game disappoints on many levels. I bought the Day One Edition with the hope that down the line I would be playing Titanfall, a game massively hyped and it looked great.

The first time you start playing this you will be like OMFG herp a derp this is incredible these people complaining are NUTS. However, from a person who plays games competitively I cannot express how stale, and disappointing it gets and how fast.

First off, the AI they put into games is pathetic and will frustratingly get you killed more often than not (there NEEDS to be an easier way to distinquish between the AI and real players). You end up seeing AI FAR FAR more than actual players (a seriously high score is like 15 kills, normally most players only get like 5 or 6). What Respawn DESPERATELY needs to do is make the matches 12v12 and cap the Titans available at one time to 6 each side. I would literally make a world of a difference.

Secondly the campaign is LAUGHABLE. Like seriously, its awful, and I don't even care for FPS storylines and the attempt was pathetic.

Third: the playlists are sooo tiny. Now normally I can get my kicks playing slayer and deathmatch but since the AI in this game really ruins slayer (like seriously, its awful) with massive maps and sooo few players, that when you go to check out the other playlists there isn't anything else to play.

Now don't get me wrong, the initial impact that this game has is incredible (goose bumps anyone?) but it just gets sooo old sooo fast. The map movement is a genre changing gameplay element and makes every map so fun to run through and the Titans are fun to play in. The longevity of the game and the meta within the game is just soo poor right now.

All-in-all while I was initially blown away by it (and it is still CLEARLY the best FPS on Xbox One) it doesn't have that "IT" factor that will keep you coming back time and time again (like Halo 3 or MW2 did). Deeply disappointed with it but if they could patch it up and fix their playlists it could be incredible.
  99. Mar 17, 2014
    Don't get me wrong, this game is fun and well made. BUT, there are a few things that annoy me. 1. If you are going to make a game void of a campaign, add some variety in the Multiplayer. There are very few game modes, and the only unique mode is last Titan standing. 2. This game was hyped as a console seller. This game does not come close to justifying the term "console seller." Yes, it isDon't get me wrong, this game is fun and well made. BUT, there are a few things that annoy me. 1. If you are going to make a game void of a campaign, add some variety in the Multiplayer. There are very few game modes, and the only unique mode is last Titan standing. 2. This game was hyped as a console seller. This game does not come close to justifying the term "console seller." Yes, it is a fun game, one in which I will likely put a decent amount of time in, but absolutely falls short of previous "console sellers" (Halo comes to mind). I wouldn't call it revolutionary (If you think mech's in a game is a new thing you must be 8 years old) but they do a relatively good job keeping the mech's balanced. Additionally, if they could boost the performance of the grunts and spectre's that would be much appreciated. You can stand in front of a group of three grunts and it will take them 20 seconds to kill you without shooting at them. Expand
  100. Mar 12, 2014
    I honestly don't understand the hype about this game. The online is pretty fun, but after a while the lack of multiplayer choices and options makes it feel meticulous and a bit of a slug fest. The combat itself reminds me of a mixture between call of duty and halo, which is good, but again the lack of variety isn't something I enjoy. Also, the single player? Not every gamer on the planetI honestly don't understand the hype about this game. The online is pretty fun, but after a while the lack of multiplayer choices and options makes it feel meticulous and a bit of a slug fest. The combat itself reminds me of a mixture between call of duty and halo, which is good, but again the lack of variety isn't something I enjoy. Also, the single player? Not every gamer on the planet likes multiplayer only games. Why they couldn't of put more of an effort in to a small campaign which gives you back drop for the story and character development is beyond me. Hopefully they'll improve this game with regular updates. Expand

1. Apr 15, 2014
    Aside from a few minor quibbles (I can jump across streets and hop over entire buildings, but a knee-high window ledge is insanely finicky to get past?) Titanfall is undoubtedly a great game which does an exceptional job of breathing new life into an increasingly-stale genre.
  2. Apr 15, 2014
    An intensely fun multiplayer game that is accessible and fun for everyone. Not perfect, but that's what sequels are for.
  3. Games Master UK