7.0

1. Jan 28, 2014
    This is a very good action adventure game. With puzzles, great shooting mechanics and tons of explorable areas , this game will keep you busy for quite a while. BUT WHAT I CANNOT UNDERSTAND, is why you would buy this game if you previously had it. It is the SAME GAME. Those who bought it again and are complaining about a lack of innovation are idiots. IT IS THE SAME **** GAME. Buy it if you have not already, because it's great, but if you already have the 7th gen version or the PC version, YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS GAME, lol. People are basically complaining about their own stupidity on here. Expand
  2. Jan 28, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. The graphics improvement is beautiful and the game itself is one for the ages. It's absurd that people are upset that the price of this is $59.99... Battlefield 4 is for all 4 last/current gen consoles and the price was static across them all. It's a AAA title on the newest gen consoles and it's spectacular for people like me who DIDN'T PLAY IT ON 360 OR PS3. How has nobody thought of that?? Not everybody played it already and when I heard it was being improved for PS4/XOne I was ecstatic because it also gave me something to play on my brand new system with few launch titles.

Stop calling this fraud and robbery. It's absolutely ridiculous. If you already played it why would you buy the new version? What would be the point. Remember when Half-Life was released on the Source engine? You didn't HAVE to buy it.

Worth the money for newcomers to the title as well as non-petulant adults who want to see what the now current gen is capable of.
  3. Feb 3, 2014
    Apparently you don't actually have to have played a game in order to write a review. The negative reviews on here are not helpful at all. I have played the game on 360, and I have never played it on XBO but if it's the same game but prettier, then it should get the same rating despite the price. If this game was $400 and it wouldn't change the score.
  4. Feb 1, 2014
    Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 was great. With a noticeable facelift and extra DLC on Xbox One, it is even better. This is a great origin story with a bit of grit instead of polish. This isn't your old-school Tomb Raider but a survival experience on an island with dangerous enemies and a bit of a supernatural sense. I loved Tomb Raider on 360 and I've picked it up again because the game was so good I wanted to experience it with the extras. Totally worth a purchase and is a good way to fill some time before a big title like TitanFall lands in just over a month. Expand
  5. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In short, the additional content isn't enough to make players who've already bought the 360 version want to upgrade (especially for the price), and isn't enough to change my review score for the normal "last-gen" edition as well. However, I must admit it does look wonderful on Xbox One, the slightly updated additions of DLC tombs and gear are interesting, and maybe once it drops to half price or less, others who aren't complete newcomers to the game will actually consider upgrading. All in all, a fine game and a worthwhile buy- moreso if you haven't already played the game, but great nonetheless. Expand
  6. May 27, 2014
    Game was so good that i played it non stop for 8 hours. Lol. Amazing storyline . You play it like a movie. If you are a fan of such games then you will just enjoyed as much as i did. And Lara is really hot :D
  7. Feb 13, 2014
    Let me just say how surprised i was how good this game was! I was blow away by how good the story was and tombs were fun puzzles. Check out the making of the game videos. The women who played Laura for the motion capture is gorgeous!!!! For an Xbox only guy it's great to have an action adventure game to play since the uncharted games are Sony exclusives. My only disappointed is I wish the game was longer. Now I can't wait for the next Tomb Raider from Crystal Dynamics. There's a reason why this game made it to the top for consideration in many Game of the Year awards, though it couldn't win up against GTA V and the Last of Us I guess. Expand
  8. Feb 5, 2014
    I bought this game for Xbox One because there are not so much titles you can buy right now for this platform. I must say I was a little bit scared, because this is my first Tomb Raider game and I had no plan what is waiting for me in this game.
    I must say, that this is a very good game, maybe the best I played since last summer. Maybe not because graphics, I think the Xbox One could do a
    lot more than this. But the storyline and the gameplay is in my opinion very great, you can play offensive and also "defensive". The AI is challenging if you play on hard i think and also the discoverable objects, which give you more story background are well done.
    Of course, it's a remake of an Xbox360-Version, so I wouldn't buy this for Xbox One if I had bought the game for Xbox360.
    All in all my opinion:
    + Good story plot
    + Well told story
    + Well AI for every type of gamer
    + Nice gameplay
    + Quite good graphics...
    - ...but for "Next-Gen" not enough
    - a more non-linear story could be nice
  9. Mar 28, 2014
    Amazing port to the X1 I would say it's a must buy. Fantastic story, gameplay, graphics, atmosphere make this a must buy. Multiplayer is also very fun, surprisingly. Can be challenging which isn't seen much anymore. My one grip is that it does feel a tad long. Overall it's a must buy.
  10. Apr 22, 2014
    The Tomb Raider Reboot was met with near unanimous reviews. Unfortunately Sqaure Enix let it be known that it failed to meet sales targets and, as such, was a failure. Sound grim...but - it was obviously good enough that tey didn't totally abandon the game and decided to give it one last shot in the arm with a release of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for the PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4.

If you've already checked out Tomb Raider than you already know: the game is awesome. Like, really awesome. It's not a perfect (none re) and it probably could have done without the multiplayer, but by and large Tomb Raider brings Lara Croft back with a bang. Square avoids falling into the trap of being a Uncharted clone, and offers up an origin story that treats Lara with respect and sets the Franchise to be one to watch. One of the games of 2013.
  11. Apr 30, 2014
    Excelente game. Wonderfull scenario. Amazing music and soundtrack. I'm really impressed. Worth every peny. It is a exciting game from the beggining to the end.
  12. Jun 16, 2014
    This game is an incredible adventure. It nails the gameplay, story, and environment. Everything totally immerses you. It is one of the most beautiful (not realistic necessarily) games I have played on the xbox one. The campaign is, in my opinion, nearly flawless, although it doesn't really stretch any boundaries. Plus, the "open world" after you finish the campaign has little fun to offer. Still, buy this game. Expand
  13. Feb 7, 2014
    The fact that the PS4 version came out a little better in the framerate department doesn't change how great this game is on any platform or version. It's a 10/10 game on the PC, PS3, XBox 360, PS4 and XB1. If the price isn't good for you, wait for it to drop.
  14. Mar 8, 2014
    The leading female and one of the most recognisable video game characters is back! That's right Lara Croft! and man is she more bad ass then ever. After the series was heading for a land slide I'm glad crystal dynamics has pick it back up into its true glory. A total redesign of Lara's character structure and personality has influences a positive attitude towards gamers and made the game more believable and realistic. Tomb Raider is a true adventure filled with fun combat and graphical environments that are worth $80 just to look at. Apart from the cheesy characters and story this is a near perfect reboot to the franchise that was well in need of one. When the credits begun to roll, you will feel like your money was well spent and be filled with excitement to see what comes next. Expand
  15. Jun 22, 2014
    Great, exciting adventure game. The visuals have definitely been stepped up, the world is fun to explore, the shooting mechanics are great. I loved how the game is about survival and not just the action
  16. Sep 2, 2014
    I have to mention that I acquire this game when Xbox Live offered on sale at 499.00 Mexican pesos, because at a first sight it do not get my attention. Once I started to play I just could not stop... It is a fantastic story, tons of action scenes, many, many, many ways to kill Lara, and the conversion to Xbox One was good.

The only thing I do not like to much is that it was an easy
    game, nevertheless, I cannot wait to put my hands on the new Lara's game, but hope it get more difficult issues, and a supreme-full-action history, because it is the first game on Xbox One that gets from me a big smile. Expand
  17. Sep 11, 2014
    Very fun action. Puzzles are not to overwhelming. Very story driven but it neither takes over your play time nor does it leave you thirsting for more. Its just right.
    Only complaint is that I had to hit RB so many times to find stuff in the environment. Should figure out a different way.
    Lastly, (and my review and score have nothing to do with this), from a realism standpoint, this
    character model or Lara Croft is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in a video game. I practically fell in love with her. Expand
  18. Oct 30, 2014
    Having been brought up within the Tomb Raider era having played the 1st TR on the playstation, I was a little skeptical about 1st of all a rehash of how lara became Tomb Raider' I bought it on Xbox 360 because as I said, I grew up with Lara. I was more than pleasantly surprised and hated not having when it was time to get rid in order to fund my Xbox One. I got TR DE the day it was released and to this day, can still go back and play it. I love replaying areas gathering cache's and artifacts I missed on the way to completing the game. I adored this game so much and really looking forward to the next installment in late 2015.

A must buy for anyone who loves the TR franchise and or 3rd person shooters

1. Oct 22, 2014
    If you never had the chance to experience the game a year ago, then the Definitive Edition is an absolute no-brainer. In fact, we’re even slightly envious of those people that waited, because Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is one of the Xbox One's best games.
    The same game looking better - and offering a deeper immersion into Lara's island nightmare. [Issue #239]
  3. Feb 23, 2014
    An undoubtedly successful next-gen makeup operation, delivering rich and vibrant graphics on an already great game. Nevertheless, this is a game suited only for those who never played the original one: the revamped graphics aren't enough to justify the admittance price if you already played it.