5.0

1. Jun 27, 2014
    This game will only appeal to young children (my son is 10) who love Transformers. The backgrounds are PS2 in quality, the characters themselves PS3/360 quality. Linear, scripted gameplay. Worst looking game I have played in a couple of years. Campaign lasts about 6 hours, then on to Spawn-scalation where you wait on AI bots to spawn, be destroyed, repeat. A terrible game exceptThis game will only appeal to young children (my son is 10) who love Transformers. The backgrounds are PS2 in quality, the characters themselves PS3/360 quality. Linear, scripted gameplay. Worst looking game I have played in a couple of years. Campaign lasts about 6 hours, then on to Spawn-scalation where you wait on AI bots to spawn, be destroyed, repeat. A terrible game except through the eyes of children. Expand
  2. Aug 17, 2014
    17 positive reviews? Really this game has more positive reviews than negative ones with 17 FRIGGIN POSITIVE REVIEWS? 5.8 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for this pile of feces. The graphics are atrocious, the gameplay is boring as hell and honestly, $50 or $60 is WAY too much! $20? Maybe, but not $60. I have a feeling the reason why this has a positive rating is because fanboys of the17 positive reviews? Really this game has more positive reviews than negative ones with 17 FRIGGIN POSITIVE REVIEWS? 5.8 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for this pile of feces. The graphics are atrocious, the gameplay is boring as hell and honestly, $50 or $60 is WAY too much! $20? Maybe, but not $60. I have a feeling the reason why this has a positive rating is because fanboys of the movie just rated it without playing it. Is it better than the last 2 games? Maybe, but it still sucks. This version isn't anything special, so why it has a higher rating than the PC & PS4 versions stuns me. This game blows, don't buy it. Expand
  3. Aug 13, 2014
    I rented this game the other day to basically kill some time. I knew this was a sequel/ based on a couple games that have come out over the last few years that I've heard good things about. So when I started playing it I was disappointed. It doesn't really seem to want to do anything new. I have little experience with the series of games (I played the demo for Fall of Cybertron) but thisI rented this game the other day to basically kill some time. I knew this was a sequel/ based on a couple games that have come out over the last few years that I've heard good things about. So when I started playing it I was disappointed. It doesn't really seem to want to do anything new. I have little experience with the series of games (I played the demo for Fall of Cybertron) but this felt like... The same game.

Graphic in general are eh. The character models are pretty good. And the environments have their moments, but for the most part it averages out to ok. As good as the models are in general, it can be hard to tell major characters apart, especially during gameplay, atleast when theyre still in Cybertron. Maybe fans of the series can easily do it, and non-fans shouldn't be pandered to at the expense of the series. But it could've been done a bit better. Enemy designs are typical "all grunts are clones" setup. Can't blame them for it, and I guess for robots it makes sense. But it's a trope that's getting more then a bit tired.

A.I is a mess. Allied characters will get stuck on walls, stop firing and just stand there in fights, get lost, hold up the mission, and basically every AI problem under the sun. But when they're working they can actually be helpful. Enemies are again meh. They can pathfinder alright, but they don't have much strategie. "get within shooting range and shoot" basically.

The story is alright for what the game/franchise is. "Super awesome powerful doomsday weapon that was strangely never mentioned before and never will again" situation. The dialoge ranges from awkward to actually pretty decent banter between characters.

Few other points. Some level design is clums, having platform ing sections that rely on a really unwieldy boost jump. Some enemy characters are weirdly unbalanced and needlessly strong (flying drones a couple levels in will SLAUGHTER you) while others could've been a bit more of a fight.

Its not a bad game. It kinda has a Batman Arkham Origins vibe of "do what the last guys did". But outside of some occasionally funny bad AI I can't say it's ever really bad.
  4. Jun 27, 2014
    I am a person who loved the past two games to death, I had endless amounts of fun in the competitive game modes and found the stories they told interesting. This game i feel didn't live up to the previous games. They took out the competitive multiplayer and character creation with it. The story in this game is descent and adds on nicely to the story as a whole. The changes this newI am a person who loved the past two games to death, I had endless amounts of fun in the competitive game modes and found the stories they told interesting. This game i feel didn't live up to the previous games. They took out the competitive multiplayer and character creation with it. The story in this game is descent and adds on nicely to the story as a whole. The changes this new developer added made the game feel slower and clunky. When your driving you don't feel like your going fast at all, in fact if you sprint you go faster then you would driving. Another thing is they don't scale damage correctly, so no matter what difficulty you play on your going to get your ass beat. The earth sections don't make you feel big at all, the humans must have made adjustments so the autobots would feel less freakish. I also think that they tried to make the game more like modern shooters, by adding things like loot creates and a sprint button. All and all i wouldn't buy this game, if you are a person who cares about its story go watch someone play it on youtube, don't waste your money on it. Expand
  5. Jul 28, 2014
    I was looking forward to this game only because of the last two games, I was really excited to play multiplayer part of the game but they took the competitive version out, they only have a hoard like type game where humans verses AI. This is the reason I was looking forward to this game cause last time I could fly around as a jet and transform into dude ands well that was epic. Now thisI was looking forward to this game only because of the last two games, I was really excited to play multiplayer part of the game but they took the competitive version out, they only have a hoard like type game where humans verses AI. This is the reason I was looking forward to this game cause last time I could fly around as a jet and transform into dude ands well that was epic. Now this game is nothing, the story nothing the multiplayer is nothing, to me. I wanted competitive multiplayer! Expand

1. Games Master UK
    Aug 24, 2014
    Not dreadful. [Oct 2014, p.80]
  2. Jul 13, 2014
    The developer switch didn't really help the franchise: bad graphics, bad gameplay and frustrating. Its only good feature is the Escalation online co-op mode.
  3. Jul 3, 2014
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is awash in so much borrowed content, so many poorly executed examples of copy-and-paste design from its predecessors, that I can't help but wonder what happened. My best guess? A lack of time. Regardless, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is a colossal failure, serving only as a reminder of how much better its predecessors were.