Amped 2 Xbox

7.7

1. JohnM.
    Nov 15, 2003
    This game is so unexciting and hard to control that it hurts. Graphically I expected so much because this is an XBox exclusive made by microsoft, but EA's SSX3 for my PS2 even looks better (and if funner).
    Nov 20, 2003
    This might be one of the biggest disappointments in console history. The original Amped was sweet! This game has the worst controls of all time! The jumps are in slow motion and the speed of the game is ridiculously tuned down.
  3. AdamZ.
    Dec 5, 2003
    The original Amped set the standard for all future snowboarding games with its great graphics, gameplay, and features. I was assuming that Microsoft would just add a multiplayer split screen feature, XBox Live Support, new tricks, and some new maps. Well, M$ did that, BUT they also completely shredded the control system making the game almost unplayable!!! It is by far the most The original Amped set the standard for all future snowboarding games with its great graphics, gameplay, and features. I was assuming that Microsoft would just add a multiplayer split screen feature, XBox Live Support, new tricks, and some new maps. Well, M$ did that, BUT they also completely shredded the control system making the game almost unplayable!!! It is by far the most unrealistic and awkward controls for a game like this I have ever seen! Also, the game is now slow and the aerials feel like you are on a planet with more gravity. Rent this game before you buy it! Some may like it, but I think they should at least gave you the option to change the controller settings. The Analog Sticks are not the answer. All I ask is why Microsoft why? Expand

#45 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    With all-or-nothing rail and jump placement, the game can sometimes feel shorter and more difficult than it really is, while at other times a bit too easy. [Dec/Jan 2004, p.91]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Amped 2 is Amped with the right trigger gently pressed: it's tweaked. Balance meters take away some of the series' grace, but make it more of a game, like Tony Hawk's tilted downwards. [Christmas 2003, p.122]
  3. Factor in the need to half-push the left stick and left and right triggers in order to get style bonuses, and you can see why intuitiveness completely disappears.