Auto Modellista Xbox

tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. SteveD.
    May 6, 2004
    Oh my GOD, this game has the worst control scheme ever! Why, I actually have to *slow down before I turn*! Please. Modellista is a rather good racing game with a strong sense of style, and a great title for Ridge Racer and Initial D fans without a PS2. If you're looking for a decent online racer - either post-PGR2 or pre-GT4, this should fit the bill nicely. The only downer is that Oh my GOD, this game has the worst control scheme ever! Why, I actually have to *slow down before I turn*! Please. Modellista is a rather good racing game with a strong sense of style, and a great title for Ridge Racer and Initial D fans without a PS2. If you're looking for a decent online racer - either post-PGR2 or pre-GT4, this should fit the bill nicely. The only downer is that AM is a fairly straight port, with nothing much to offer to those who've played it on the PS2. But then again, drift-centric racers are few and far between on the Xbox to begin with. Oh... and if you're having a hard time with the controls, try slowing down *before* you're halfway in to the corner. That sissy Gran Turismo 2 'braking halfway in to the corner' nonsense causes cars to skid uncontrollably in real life... and in this game too. How about that? Expand
  2. BobM.
    Mar 24, 2005
    My favorite racing game tied with the gran turismo games. if you enjoy tuning up foreign cars this is for you. the graphics are great and the game is different I guess you like it or you dont.

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    It's quirky...it's garish...it's horribly annoying...The control is so utterly broken that one has to wonder what the developers were thinking. [Apr 2004, p.87]
  2. To paraphrase Wooderson, Matthew McConaughey's character from "Dazed and Confused": "Racing games keep getting better; Auto Modellista just stays the same." [Apr 2004, p.106]
  3. For players with Xbox Live, the game has even more depth to offer. However, the incredibly tough controls as well as the unforgiving gameplay are sure to drive away many players.