8.1

1. May 24, 2015
    While glaringly flawed, BLiNX: The Time Sweeper is still a decent game with functional mechanics. The game looks great and the music is some of the best on the XBOX. The trial-&-error gameplay and odd difficulty spike may be an annoyance to some, but it is a mostly solid game and certainly the best platformer on the system. Fans of platformers will most likely enjoy this game, even if itWhile glaringly flawed, BLiNX: The Time Sweeper is still a decent game with functional mechanics. The game looks great and the music is some of the best on the XBOX. The trial-&-error gameplay and odd difficulty spike may be an annoyance to some, but it is a mostly solid game and certainly the best platformer on the system. Fans of platformers will most likely enjoy this game, even if it is nearly 13 years old. Expand
  2. Dec 29, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was the best game i have ever played as a kid, just because of its abstract game play style people down rate it and over look it. it is mostly in a an indie game like style but was made by an actual game company, but now its just abandon ware, but the game was incredible, the second one also had some negative reviews, because the final boss was a boss reused from another game, but when is that nothing, were different games use the same or similar enemies occasionally, but this game was my childhood! Expand
  3. AnthonyA.
    Mar 30, 2003
    The gane was dope but too short .
    Oct 4, 2002
    This game will be crazy.
  5. AdnyA.
    Oct 24, 2002
    FINALLY a NEW idea, and not just a cookie-cutter generic platformer that plays off the genius, creativity and fun of the Mario and Sonic series. I admit that those two set certain high standards. And thankfully Blinx lands right there with originality, beauty, and fun to play. As of late, i've been begging for a game with some cool challenges where i dont find myself breezing through FINALLY a NEW idea, and not just a cookie-cutter generic platformer that plays off the genius, creativity and fun of the Mario and Sonic series. I admit that those two set certain high standards. And thankfully Blinx lands right there with originality, beauty, and fun to play. As of late, i've been begging for a game with some cool challenges where i dont find myself breezing through the stages just to catch up with the ending credits! I'm A BIG FAN of this type of gameplay music too, not since the Sonic Series or Nights have music been so creative and fun. I'm pleased to have such a great platformer in my collection and proud to be playing a game that brings me back to the challenges of yesteryear. BRAVO! Expand
  6. Jonathan
    Feb 13, 2003
    This is worth your money if the rating could go higher i would rate it 3000.
  7. PaulS.
    Oct 10, 2002
    Great game, totally different than others, time travel is awesome.
  8. GeorgeP.
    Jan 17, 2003
    This game is one of the best games I played for Xbox. The only thing it was to short for my but besides the I loved it!
  9. SoomMachine
    Nov 27, 2002
    Original, cool, challenging, what more can you want from a game? Not easy but very very addictive!
  10. Jul 16, 2016
    Blinx has an original plot with amazing gameplay! The controls is good and the mechanics are great. It is hard and short sometimes but there is replay value in this game and I'm glad for that. Blinx is awesome!
  11. May 20, 2017
    I remember playing this as a kid. I always liked all the different time-based powers, my favorites being Record and Pause. I replayed it last year and was reminded of the nice graphics, so-so music, and the game's biggest flaw, its trial-and-error level design. In one of the ice levels, for instance, you need a Rewind power to undo a falling bridge, but the game does not telegraph that.I remember playing this as a kid. I always liked all the different time-based powers, my favorites being Record and Pause. I replayed it last year and was reminded of the nice graphics, so-so music, and the game's biggest flaw, its trial-and-error level design. In one of the ice levels, for instance, you need a Rewind power to undo a falling bridge, but the game does not telegraph that. Sometimes, if you don't have the right power for the level, you will have to exit, go to another level, get the power, don't waste it, then return. It all takes time. Also, the camera can be pretty bad sometimes.

Keep those in mind if you are planning on playing this. I still found it fun, though it is very challenging. I don't know how I beat this when I was a little kid; that endgame boss rush was annoying.
  12. May 30, 2017
    A very underrated game from the original Xbox.

A very underrated game from the original Xbox.

The graphics are very good and I like how each world is different. The music is good and diverse for every level. I like the enemy designs. The sound effects are really cool. The gameplay is so fun just killing enemies by sucking up items and shooting them and collecting different crystals to create time power ups and affect the way you play. I love the concept. The difficulty increases on each world and it makes the game more challenging. I love the trial and error challenge. Finding gold is a must to buy upgrades and life and it is very easy to find gold. The controls are solid and takes a bit of time to get used to.

Overall, This is a must buy.

#9 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#9 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

1. GMR Magazine
    This green-eyed feline can control the flow of time, but puzzles designed around that concept are lacking. Great idea, flawed execution. [Feb 2003, p.95]
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Even seasoned gamers will have to replay Blinx's tougher levels dozens of times before succeeding... but replaying Blinx's levels more than a few times is just plain boring. [Winter 2002, p.90]
  3. If you’re close to a wall, Blinx regularly disappears, so you’re left waddling around in first person mode, completely unable to judge distance or aim properly or in fact play the game properly.