5.5

1. May 22, 2017
    My favorite childhood racing game and one of the greatest racing games of all time.

It was such a BIG improvement over the original in every way. Here is why... -The car models looked way better than the original, -the car crash sounds and physics sound and look so much better as well, -there were way more cars to unlock, -there were so many courses to unlock and race on with

It was such a BIG improvement over the original in every way. Here is why...

-The car models looked way better than the original,
    -the car crash sounds and physics sound and look so much better as well,
    -there were way more cars to unlock,
    -there were so many courses to unlock and race on with different weather effects,
    -the boost mechanic was improved and made more fun,
    -the soundtrack by Stephen Root was perfect,
    -there were new game modes added such as Tutorial mode: to show you how to play the game, Pursuit Mode, Point To Point Races, Face Off Mode (which had more challenge and strategy) and Crash mode which would become a staple to the series.
    -The championship mode was also significantly improved and gave us many tracks and cars to unlock which gave the game so much replay value including the Custom Series championship.
    -I like the cheats you unlock when you beat the game like the first game.

This game had so much depth and substance to it.

It's perfect. A must buy.
  2. Uter
    Dec 20, 2003
    I would say that this is the best arcade racer on xbox. It's better than NFS Underground for sure.
  3. BobU.
    Sep 18, 2003
    The racing is fun and not insanely difficult or friustrating. The crash mode really sets this title above all others - completely fun and addictive. The only race game I've played that I'm keeping for a while!
  4. AndrewM.
    Jul 24, 2003
    I too am a little disappointed with this title, although the crash sequences are fantastic. Despite the awesome crashes and imense feeling of speed that this game generates, I would never call it the best racing game on the xbox! In terms of game time, the single player missions come and go in the blink of an eye! Around 5 hours of gameplay and it's all over...all cars unlocked I too am a little disappointed with this title, although the crash sequences are fantastic. Despite the awesome crashes and imense feeling of speed that this game generates, I would never call it the best racing game on the xbox! In terms of game time, the single player missions come and go in the blink of an eye! Around 5 hours of gameplay and it's all over...all cars unlocked etc... difficulty settings need an over haul...yes there is a challenge with the customs cup, but it a simple matter of avoiding on-coming traffic and not much else...there is not much in the way of computer AI...they don't block paths or try and push you into traffic...nothing. The multi-player is fabulous however, and is the only reason this game has any longevity! For mine, Project Gotham is still the ultimate racing game for xbox. Many many hours of game play have gone into that one. (although I would love to see Grand Turismo 4 on the xbox...that would rule. Have you seen the photo-realistic back drops??? You must. It's almost enough to make my buy a PS2!!!) Expand
  5. KevinS.
    Jul 24, 2003
    This is the best racing game i've ever played. They got everything right. The sense of speed is amazing, the crashes are amazing, the course design is amazing, and i love that you're rewarded for driving dangerously.
  6. RavenX301
    Jul 18, 2003
    Im sorry, but Midnight club II is way better. This one is just race after race after race, the only cool things are the crashes, other then that its not like it should of been. But, I well say it's alot better then the first, but it's just a boring racer and Midnight club II as twice as much to offer, with everything this title has......
  7. BertE.
    May 15, 2003
    The best race-game for the x-box.
  8. BenL.
    May 15, 2003
    They have done it again, brilliant! There isn't a better racer on the XBOX!

#82 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003
#48 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    In terms of pure adrenaline and graphical splendor, there isn't a racer out there that can stack up against Burnout 2. [June-July 2003, p.88]
  2. Any game that has you physically dodging oncoming cars from your television is no ordinary game.
  3. Offers very little above the original Playstation 2 version.