6.8

1. DanL.
    Nov 5, 2005
    It should be around high 8 or low 9 easy. The storyline is catching, the movie sequences are awesome and the game is generally all around hard to stop playing once you get started. Straight out of the box and into the PS two hours flew by before I even noticed and that was after working a 12 hour graveyard shift knowing I had to get up to do it again. I'm a fan of the classics myself It should be around high 8 or low 9 easy. The storyline is catching, the movie sequences are awesome and the game is generally all around hard to stop playing once you get started. Straight out of the box and into the PS two hours flew by before I even noticed and that was after working a 12 hour graveyard shift knowing I had to get up to do it again. I'm a fan of the classics myself but this is a very solid 3D game. Having tons of combos for every different weapon and multiple demons that have to be used to your best advantage is definately a nice touch to the old school same ol' same ol' boring battles. Expand
  2. AlfonsoI.
    Dec 13, 2005
    The game has everything, great bosses, story, weapons and gameplay, its the best.
  3. JosueC.
    Jan 30, 2006
    I think that this is one of their best games. The only thing it was missing was a bit of more dificulty and spells that you could do yourself. It should also stick to the Belmont family. But the game alltogether is good.
  4. ChrisB.
    Feb 24, 2007
    This game was one of my favorite games for the xbox console. It had cool innocent devils that assisted you in battle, the graphics were good, and it held my attention throughout the game. Before I even knew it, I was delving right into it playing up to 4-5 hours a day as soon as I came home from work or school. Overall, I would recommend this to people who like games like Devil May Cry, This game was one of my favorite games for the xbox console. It had cool innocent devils that assisted you in battle, the graphics were good, and it held my attention throughout the game. Before I even knew it, I was delving right into it playing up to 4-5 hours a day as soon as I came home from work or school. Overall, I would recommend this to people who like games like Devil May Cry, or other strategy based games that allow a minimum of 20 hours. Expand

1. Don't get us wrong: the latest Castlevania isn't a bad game, if you can swallow the endless combat repetition. It just falls well short of this series' legendary heritage, and can't hold a candle to the handheld "Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow" for the Nintendo DS.
  2. Konami's leap into 3D for the acclaimed Castlevania franchise is backed by a generally solid gameplay and combat, albeit marred by extreme repetitiveness.
  3. The tools of the demon-hunting trade define Curse. [Nov p.84]