4.7

1. ColinD.
    Jun 25, 2004
    This game has got a lot of hype, you watch the video demonstration of the game and think 'Bloody Hell'. But once you have parted with your cash, take it home, switch on and start, you begin to think you've bought the wrong game, Hell mine crashed on the first go. So after resetting i managed to start the first mission, following a squad car, now the graphics are very good, This game has got a lot of hype, you watch the video demonstration of the game and think 'Bloody Hell'. But once you have parted with your cash, take it home, switch on and start, you begin to think you've bought the wrong game, Hell mine crashed on the first go. So after resetting i managed to start the first mission, following a squad car, now the graphics are very good, but the control method is pretty inept and the cars drive pretty crapply. I'd hate to get to the missons with with full blown shoot out's, i think you'd have more hope running around Iran with a British/American Flag. So this game only scores 2 because of the graphics, but nowadays that should be the norm. After that awful experience i will look forward to Full Spectrum Warrior. But for rehabilitaion back to good gameing I'm off to NES for a bit of Super Mario 3, Yippe. Expand
  2. JoshB.
    Jun 23, 2004
    What the junk? This game is messed. I bought it opening day thinking that it would be something great. And I blew like 70bucks. There is a crapload of bugs in it, and its just junky overall. Rent first before buying! But on the side, Ninja Gaiden is a great game, buy that! hahaha.. lol
  3. XBOXMASTER
    Jul 22, 2004
    People saying this is the best game they have ever played, obviously have never played any good games. atari games are getting worse by the minute. DO NOT BUY IT
  4. SimonT.
    Jul 8, 2004
    The cool voices of 'i always wanted to be an ear doctor' Michael Madsen and Pulp Fictions Ving Rhames are'nt enough to compensate for Driver 3's sloppy, unresponsive controls and awful car speeds. Although few moments of driving excitement can be found they are soon over due to the laughable handling and insane police. Nothing compared to GTA.
  5. JimB.
    Aug 16, 2004
    I don't know who is going around giving this good ratings, but don't buy into it. I was a huge fan of Driver 2 and this game has got to be one of the biggest let downs of all time. It hurts to play, its so bad. What a waste of time and money.
  6. DEKEMBIEM.
    Sep 2, 2004
    In the words of public enemy...Don't Don't Don't believe THE HYPE. it just plain sucks.
  7. PerttiK.
    Jun 22, 2004
    Man this game really sucks. There are lots of bugs in the graphics.
  8. J.H.
    Jun 22, 2004
    Terrible game. It's not even finished. Crap on foot controls, car handling is floaty, bad pop-up, stupid AI, bad animations and dire framerates.
    Jun 23, 2004
    I really wanted this to be good. Really. But, sadly, I find this game flawed so horribly that I cannot accept it as a game from the Driver series. Where did they go wrong??? Just horrible... :'(
  10. Harpe
    Jun 24, 2004
    Make sure you can put up with the technical and gameplay issues before parting with hard earned cash. Also think twice about buying this anyway as you could end up encouraging this kind of exploitative game development in the future.
  11. Rip
    Jun 27, 2004
    Best at a rental, do not buy unless your a super hardcore Driver series fan, the original driver blows this game away...what a gigantic flop, could have been so much more. Many pop ups and glitches, Atari can suck on a pacifier with this. Good thing I rented first.
  12. Uter
    Jul 11, 2004
    Glitchy. That's how I'd describe the game in a word. You'll run into a new glitch every 15 minutes or so - it can be very frustrating and very stupid. The on-foot animation looks incomplete and poor. The control on foot is bad too. Driver 3 should have been a top tier xbox title. But instead it's below average and disappointing.
  13. KelR.
    Jul 21, 2004
    This game almost brings a tear to my eye because it so pretty to look at, and let's face it that's a huge factor in todays games, but it just falls flat on it's face after that. GTA has style and is helarious. Driver 3 has none of that it's just a wannabe. Now I'm not saying I'm a big GTA fan but after playing this I might reconsider.
  14. SPYBREAK
    Apr 7, 2005
    The biggest disappointment of the year. Don
  15. EmonX.
    Jun 22, 2004
    A point for pulling off a big city, and for proving that bigger is not better by a longshot. Shallow gameplay, insipid AI, horrible lack of diversity in experience, flat pacing, predictable spawn points, collision mesh nightmare pockets everywhere and some of the dopiest on foot interactivity I've seen to date make this one of the worst expensively produced games I've seen to A point for pulling off a big city, and for proving that bigger is not better by a longshot. Shallow gameplay, insipid AI, horrible lack of diversity in experience, flat pacing, predictable spawn points, collision mesh nightmare pockets everywhere and some of the dopiest on foot interactivity I've seen to date make this one of the worst expensively produced games I've seen to date, and there is simply no excuse for it, all the potential for cool were there, actors, budget, technology, basic gameplay ideas. This is actually worse than True Crime, and frankly I didn't think that was possible. I so want my money back. -e Expand
  16. Buried-In-The-box
    Aug 18, 2004
    This is what you get when you make a game for PS2 and port it straight over to XBOX. 9 year old graphics, glitches everywhere and boring GTA gameplay. GtA and follower games should be done away with, and games with worlds of this caliber need to be done correctly. That is made only on XBOX so even if the style of game has been boring for 4 years now, at least the graphics could look like This is what you get when you make a game for PS2 and port it straight over to XBOX. 9 year old graphics, glitches everywhere and boring GTA gameplay. GtA and follower games should be done away with, and games with worlds of this caliber need to be done correctly. That is made only on XBOX so even if the style of game has been boring for 4 years now, at least the graphics could look like they're on a next-gen system, not last-gen like PS2. Expand
  17. Sam
    Mar 18, 2006
    This game is so poorly made (save for the gorgeous graphics) it's almost as if with every delay they didn't try to improve it at all. In fact, it's more like they studied what made the other 2 so great, and made sure that none of those things were in the game at all.

#8 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#10 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. AceGamez
    Although the gameplay loses out with its linearity and the walking episodes are weak, it makes up for it with awesome driving sections, a great story, fantastic graphics and the wonderful casting of A-list Hollywood actors.
  2. An above average game. Most people will love the intense action and gunplay that features so prominently, whilst putting up with the control issues, occasional camera problems and sometimes downright annoying fact at you can complete a mission and feel very proud of yourself, before being told that you failed and that you have to do it all again.
  3. Here was a game with real potential to be what everybody had basically hoped for: "Grand Theft Auto" with really good graphics. Instead, what's here needs an air bag.