Galleon: Islands of Mystery Xbox

6.4

1. Apr 4, 2017
    Un étron épouvantable ! courage, fuyez !... Tous les compartiments du jeu prennent l'eau dans ce pathétique naveton piratin à la godille qui coule à pic jusqu'aux tréfonds de la nullité nulle à chier. Bref, juste "incroyable"...
  2. Rick
    Feb 10, 2006
    Although this is a late post (2006) I have had the game for a couple of years. At the time easily one of the best played and highly recommended for anyones collection, for those willing to put the time into the control mastery. I gave it to a mate who was a mad Tomb Raider fan to play and he just couldnt get into the controls. This is as close to Tomb Raider that ive played on the Xbox Although this is a late post (2006) I have had the game for a couple of years. At the time easily one of the best played and highly recommended for anyones collection, for those willing to put the time into the control mastery. I gave it to a mate who was a mad Tomb Raider fan to play and he just couldnt get into the controls. This is as close to Tomb Raider that ive played on the Xbox and so I was pleading with him to give it a real go as after an hour or so the control feels natural and the game runs very smoothly but until then its a nightmare. Thats why when I read the above reviews I know they didn't put the time in, its that simple. It plays like Tomb Raider with area puzzles that require real thought (I know I need to bend this crank shaft but to do that I need to melt it, but to melt it, I need to get up to that fire room..but how do I get up there??) and increase with difficulty as the game goes. The puzzle/level design is awesome and spurs you onto the next puzzle, the next level with a rewarding storyline in tow. It was just a game I couldnt put down and thought of for weeks afterward. It was just so rewarding action wise, story wise, and brainwise. You enter a room and everything you need is there but you just havent managed to work out what to do so you run around trying this and that and still cant solve the puzzle. So you turn the game off and lie in bed thinking but what if...and boom you get a brainwave and jump up turn ya Xbox back on, fire up ya save game and retry a new approach and hello....it works, your back into the game moving onto the next area and before you know it...its 4am in the morning. Absolute gem, I have played all the top games and got through them and most havent been as satisfying or rewarding as this one left me. I have only made this post/comment for those people who do proper research on games not to listen to the above reviews as you would be missing out on an all-time classic. I have been an avid gamer for 20 odd years so I know my stuff. Hey I gave up on Ninja Gaiden thinking this is dogs crud impossible and Id wasted my coinage, but kept seeing rave reviews. I gave it a re-go 6 months later and was so glad I did. Galleon falls into that category. Give it a real go...you will be glad you did. Collapse
  3. AB
    Nov 8, 2004
    I can't believe I waited seven years for this awful nonsense.
  4. LukeB.
    Jul 4, 2004
    What can I say, ignore what people say when they say that its poor. This has to be officially, the most under-rated game of the year! It lived up to the hype, and has everything you could hope for; huge sprawling sublime islands to explore, great characters, excellent voice acting, fantastic gameplay, great combat, huge uber cool boss fights, action, romance and plenty of great puzzles. What can I say, ignore what people say when they say that its poor. This has to be officially, the most under-rated game of the year! It lived up to the hype, and has everything you could hope for; huge sprawling sublime islands to explore, great characters, excellent voice acting, fantastic gameplay, great combat, huge uber cool boss fights, action, romance and plenty of great puzzles. At the very least rent this game, just to see how much time and effort was put into this game. to think that this game was sooo nearly canned is hard to imagine. Its money well spent, buy it now, you wont regret it, once you realise that you have picked up on a little gem of a game that not many people will probably play because they have sorely, 'judged a book by its cover', until trying it first. Don't knock Galleon until you have tried it, by far the best action/adventure game of this year! Expand
  5. Z
    Jun 20, 2004
    Magestic gameplay for exploration fans , really feels like the tomb raider sequel i hoped but i never got , incredible animation ( not very realistic but really fun) but sometimes the graphics feel quite poor ... a blast anyway ! worth the wait ...
  6. RaulR.
    May 19, 2004
    Incredible Game. The best since Shenmue.. Recommended.

#82 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. This is a sorely flawed game, but also a truly majestic one... a beautiful and ambitious manifesto for what games can give you that nothing else can. [June 2004, p.98]
  2. Confounding Factor certainly bit off more than it could chew, and set itself too high a challenge, but what we have here is a wonderful failure.
  3. Its large cast of likable characters and engaging, swashbuckling story go a long way in redeeming the game as a whole despite its several niggling problems.