Halo 2 Xbox

8.2

1. Apr 27, 2017
    Cuando al mercado llega una evolucion de un juego y es buena, es dificil mejorarla, pero en Halo 2 lograron mejorar la formula implementada en Halo, ademas de una calidad grafica mayor, crecen las opciones de jugabilidad tanto en la campaña como en el multijugador, un juego indispensable
  2. Apr 24, 2017
    While Halo: Combat Evolved changed the landscape of console FPS games, Halo 2 popularised online multiplayer for consoles, and changed the world of gaming forever. Campaign was also pretty good.
  3. Apr 11, 2017
    Globalement une suite très honnête, (un peu) plus belle mais plus spectaculaire... mais sans réelles nouveautés non plus. Contrairement au premier, les niveaux sont assez variés et plus équilibrés. Le doublage VF est bon et l'ambiance inimitable et "curieuse" est toujours là (sans oublier la musique). Jouabilité Halo fidèle à elle-même certes maniable mais victime de ses choix discutablesGlobalement une suite très honnête, (un peu) plus belle mais plus spectaculaire... mais sans réelles nouveautés non plus. Contrairement au premier, les niveaux sont assez variés et plus équilibrés. Le doublage VF est bon et l'ambiance inimitable et "curieuse" est toujours là (sans oublier la musique). Jouabilité Halo fidèle à elle-même certes maniable mais victime de ses choix discutables (deux armes seulement, vie qui remonte toute seule). L'histoire réserve quelques surprises... pas toujours les bienvenues et la fin apparaît quelque peu bâclée. Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2017
    The best game of Halo saga!! Halo 2 is amazing, good history, good graphics, excellent controls and the action never stop after this game Halo saga fell in bad games, boring history and nothing to enjoy! Bungie we miss you con Halo saga
  5. Mar 15, 2017
    Halo 2 is one of the best games of all time, so why did I give it a 2? To understand halo 2 you must become the 2. Without the 2 you won't get the 2 ya know? They call it Halo 2 because you get 2 guns on this one, one for each arm. Combat Evolved was a very poor spin off and ODST didnt live up the hype to be a true successor. Play this one only because its the only good one. Just rememberHalo 2 is one of the best games of all time, so why did I give it a 2? To understand halo 2 you must become the 2. Without the 2 you won't get the 2 ya know? They call it Halo 2 because you get 2 guns on this one, one for each arm. Combat Evolved was a very poor spin off and ODST didnt live up the hype to be a true successor. Play this one only because its the only good one. Just remember you gotta be the 2 to get the 2 and if you aint the 2 you cant 2 the 2 ya 2? Expand
  6. Jan 27, 2017
    This, in all honesty, is definitely my favourite Halo game in the series, heck, I could even go as far as to say my favourite game of ALL time. This is my childhood (along with a few other games), I don't know where I would be right now if my father never bought the game and console. The story, the soundtrack, the gameplay, the multiplayer, EVERYTHING is fantastic. But, other than howThis, in all honesty, is definitely my favourite Halo game in the series, heck, I could even go as far as to say my favourite game of ALL time. This is my childhood (along with a few other games), I don't know where I would be right now if my father never bought the game and console. The story, the soundtrack, the gameplay, the multiplayer, EVERYTHING is fantastic. But, other than how great it is, I must talk about the flaws, on release, the game got a massive wave of hate from fans due to changes, such as the parts where you play as the Arbiter, or the several cut missions, and even the cliffhanger ending, and many other minor things (I might have missed a few major flaws). But, I as well as the community now a days, have changed our opinion on its flaws and now think of them as great additions, playing as a character on the other side of the fight was and still is great, and the cliffhanger ending, was just done perfectly, the cut missions though? Not so sure. Overall, definitely the best in the series in my opinion. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2016
    Halo 2 was an excellent sequel to the very successful Halo: Combat Evolved. It's story not as good at the original but it's was still a very good solid story. It did a good job of carrying the story of Halo forward in a good direction. I won't spoil it. The high point of the game and why it was the best selling game on the Original Xbox was the online multiplayer. The multiplayer wasHalo 2 was an excellent sequel to the very successful Halo: Combat Evolved. It's story not as good at the original but it's was still a very good solid story. It did a good job of carrying the story of Halo forward in a good direction. I won't spoil it. The high point of the game and why it was the best selling game on the Original Xbox was the online multiplayer. The multiplayer was revolutionary for it's time. Online gaming on consoles really wasn't a thing until Halo 2 came along and popularized it. I spent so many hours and days on the multiplayer from 2004 till 2007. Then I went back and forth between Halo 2 and Halo 3 as they both had wonderful online multiplayer's. Then in April of 2010, all of Original Xbox's servers were shut down including beloved Halo 2. I devoted all my time on Halo 2 online multiplayer on the last week, Then it was gone. *Sigh* We'll never have an excellent online multiplayer like Halo 2 or Halo 3 again. Expand
  8. Oct 23, 2016
    This is where the multiplayer started getting hype. Thanks to Bungie doing an almost perfect game, no other game have made an addictive multiplayer game. Halo 2 kicked ass back then, and it still does.
  9. Aug 7, 2016
    The game that bought me to the FPS genre and introduced me to the then-new multiplayer phenomenon. Ever since it was announced i was hyped to the brim constantly buying Xbox magazines and reading up the latest news of the game. And when it did release it lived up to pretty much all my expectations. The hype-train left the station and successfully arrived. The campaign, although a bitThe game that bought me to the FPS genre and introduced me to the then-new multiplayer phenomenon. Ever since it was announced i was hyped to the brim constantly buying Xbox magazines and reading up the latest news of the game. And when it did release it lived up to pretty much all my expectations. The hype-train left the station and successfully arrived. The campaign, although a bit blander than Halo Combat Evolved but it still kept me on the edge of my seat. The multiplayer was obviously the absolute highlight of the game. I drained hundreds of hours into the multiplayer with my friends. I was devastated when Microsoft shut down Xbox Live for the original Xbox. Overall without a doubt the greatest FPS of the Xbox. Expand
  10. Jun 8, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My favorite game of all time and undoubtedly the best game on Xbox and one of the best First Person Shooters of all time.

Halo 2 nailed everything from the Single player campaign (Which IMO has the best story out of any Halo game) and the revolutionary and ground breaking Multiplayer. We got an in depth look at the Covenant and their goals and got to see that oh so sweet plot twist when the brutes over took the elites. As for the Multiplayer, do I need to explain? This game CREATED Xbox Live, nuff said.
  11. Jun 5, 2016
    Maybe one of the best game on Xbox . Maybe best graphics on Xbox and amazing graphics in cutscenes, but in Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic Riders is better . Halo 2 is most popular game on Xbox, this is bestseller on Xbox . In this game one of the best storyline on Xbox and this is amazing shooter, which the one of the best shooter about Halo and generally speaking . Halo 2 even better thanMaybe one of the best game on Xbox . Maybe best graphics on Xbox and amazing graphics in cutscenes, but in Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic Riders is better . Halo 2 is most popular game on Xbox, this is bestseller on Xbox . In this game one of the best storyline on Xbox and this is amazing shooter, which the one of the best shooter about Halo and generally speaking . Halo 2 even better than Halo Combat Evolved, but Halo 4 is better . Poor 10/10 . Expand
  12. May 27, 2016
    Shooters don't get as good as this. Halo 2 improved on the already amazing Halo Combat Evolved in nearly every way.

*More refined gameplay
    *More weapons
    *Better graphics
    *Better multiplayer
    *Better story

This game was truly a masterpiece. Grab Master Chief Collection if you haven't played it yet.
  13. Mar 30, 2016
    Basically my parents were very irresponsible, they let me play Halo before i even went to kindergarten, but i can tell you, as a kid and now as i am older i still enjoy it. The fact that Halo CE was good shows that Halo 2 should be better, and it was, for the first time you could play as the opposite side as the Arbiter, the hero of the Covenant destined for death. But the beautiful recipeBasically my parents were very irresponsible, they let me play Halo before i even went to kindergarten, but i can tell you, as a kid and now as i am older i still enjoy it. The fact that Halo CE was good shows that Halo 2 should be better, and it was, for the first time you could play as the opposite side as the Arbiter, the hero of the Covenant destined for death. But the beautiful recipe of Halo is this, you see a gun, any gun alien or human, you can pick it up, you see a grunt charging you with a alien speeder, you can hijack it, you can fight your style, drive the warthog, or use the turret on the back, or ride shotgun with your plasma rifle. With a great story and many adventures, its no wonder why Halo literally carried the Xbox on its back. Expand
  14. Feb 7, 2016
    Halo 2 is an excellent game, a worthy sequel to CE. The graphics have been improved massively, and the gameplay is much better too. There is a heap of new weapons, and Master Chief moves around quicker than he did in CE. The online multiplayer is an absolute blast too. Buy this game on the MCC if you have not already.
  15. Nov 30, 2015
    The multiplayer in this game was even better than Halo: Combat Evolved. Take Combat Evolved, add in even more unforgettable maps which would be redone a million times for the next Halo games, and improve on everything from the first game and you've got the best Halo game ever made. Spent countless hours on Xbox Live playing this. I've never seen better maps in a FPS game before and I'veThe multiplayer in this game was even better than Halo: Combat Evolved. Take Combat Evolved, add in even more unforgettable maps which would be redone a million times for the next Halo games, and improve on everything from the first game and you've got the best Halo game ever made. Spent countless hours on Xbox Live playing this. I've never seen better maps in a FPS game before and I've played them all since the first Unreal Tournament.

The single player campaign was a 9/10 for me, but the perfectly balanced multiplayer and maps turns this into a 10. The only problem was the damn modem hackers that would make your game freeze and they would get an instant win for their team.
  16. Nov 19, 2015
    Halo 2 is an improvement on every aspect of the Halo franchise: Slighly better AI, new Xbox Live multiplayer, dual wielding weapons, a better Co-Op and better graphics. There are no weak areas in Halo 2. It is a milestone in the gendre that is FPS.
  17. Nov 10, 2015
    Probably my favourite games of all time. The campaign was amazing and a turn for a more serious tone from halo 1. Multiplayer was revolutionary for its time and infinitely fun. Music was excellent and really set the tone while the graphics for it's time were also incredible. Generally one of the greatest games of all time.
  18. Nov 3, 2015
    Halo 2 is so amazing. It has le gratest story ever and the BXR is dank. I love halo 2. The graphics is 1337. The campign is so memorable. I love halo 2. Halo 2 has the best maps in Halo and it is 420 times better than halo 4 and 5 combiened.
  19. Oct 14, 2015
    Halo 2 is a really good game. The graphics may be a little bit bad but only because the game was made in 2004. I would recommend Halo 2 because it’s not any 3rd person shooter like Call of Duty it’s different from that because it’s made up weapons, grenades, Armour, and different maps that are out of SC-Fi film.
    I would also recommend Halo 2 because even if you don’t play SC-FI games this
    I would also recommend Halo 2 because even if you don’t play SC-FI games this would be a good game to get in to and enjoy. I would recommend this game to young kids and teenagers but adults can play it as well teenagers but it the game is mainly for teenagers.
  20. Oct 11, 2015
    At the end of 2004 when the first time I played this game on my XBox, I was so fascinated with graphics and gameplay. Really real as animated films. Until now, this is still best games ever with good graphics, gameplay, and story.
  21. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 1
    + Improves on the single-player and multiplayer gameplay of the first installment in every way
    + Defined near perfection in online matchmaking multiplayer play
    ? Some people find the narrative and inclusion of the Arbiter odd, but this and many other things showed a brave step forwards in the development of the franchise by Bungie
  22. Sep 9, 2015
    The campaign was good but not perfect. The multiplayer however is 11/10. Matchmaking, teamwork, gameplay are revolutionary. With the release of Halo 2 Anniversary you can see how well ahead of its time it was. All it needed was a graphical tweak.
  23. Aug 26, 2015
    This review cover Halo 2: Anniversary included in the Master Chief Collection for XBox One.

Before you think I'm all hyped about this game, you can check my review for the previous game, Halo CE. I gave it a 7 and I was very hard on it. Now, this is probably the best, or at least top 3, FPS I ever played. Everything I critiqued about the first Halo game has been greatly improved in

Now, this is probably the best, or at least top 3, FPS I ever played. Everything I critiqued about the first Halo game has been greatly improved in this sequel.

- Graphics and Music: they are really nice and the remastered version represents a major upgrade.

- Story: while I considered that Halo CE had failed miserably at making the story interesting, Halo 2 hooks you from the very first minute with an amazing opening cutscene, and remains the same throughout the entire game. In addition to the great cutscenes, you play as a Covenant outcast, and you get to know the beauty of the Covenant cities, the complexity of their society, and how fragile this allegiance really is.

- Gameplay: this time we have 15 missions which take between 30 and 45 minutes each. You'll change players between missions, so this will also help keep the game fresh.

- Combat Mechanics: I considered this the weakest aspect of the previous Halo. I could say that this has been improved so much. Not only there are more weapons available, but now dual-wielding is also possible. Additionally, Master Chief's agility has been enhanced, which allows faster combat sequences. It's cool that you cannot throw grenades while carrying 2 weapons because, while being stronger on 1 on 1 situations, you have to be more careful when facing crowds.

- Level Design: levels are varied and many of them have been designed with vehicles as the central element. From making your way through highways to combats in space. You even ride a tank through ancient ruins. During a considerable number of sequences we have different factions fighting each other. These are probably the parts I enjoyed the most. It really showed us how complex this universe is.

- Enemies: We have basically the same enemies that we encounter the first time. Additionally we'll have to deal with the tough Brutes.

- Weaponry: these are also the same we got in the first game, with a few exceptions. In my opinion, the weaker weapons have been balanced and now you can have fun with either of them.

- Vehicles and Turrets: this is probably what I enjoyed the most about this game. I'm really glad to see a FPS in which vehicles are so important.
  24. Jul 31, 2015
    While Halo 2 for the original Xbox may be fading from the public memory, it will never fully fade from mine. I remember as a tween the absolute and total madness I felt waiting for this game. It is to this day the game I desired the most before I got the chance to play it. I sunk days of my youth engaged in the second installment of one of video gaming's greatest franchises. With anWhile Halo 2 for the original Xbox may be fading from the public memory, it will never fully fade from mine. I remember as a tween the absolute and total madness I felt waiting for this game. It is to this day the game I desired the most before I got the chance to play it. I sunk days of my youth engaged in the second installment of one of video gaming's greatest franchises. With an absurdly great campaign somehow bettered by what, in my opinion, is the greatest multiplayer (both online and off) ever, Halo 2 is a Top 5 video game of all-time for me with no question, and may be number 1 with some reflection.

If you think you're a gamer, and you want to know what gaming is in its essence, you owe it to yourself to play Halo 2 in its original, purest glory. It is nothing short of absolutely legendary.
  25. Jul 29, 2015
    This took Halo: CEs formula and doubled on it which made for an experience significantly more fun than the first, dual wielding weapons against a horde of covenant that are as violent as me? give me that.
  26. Jul 9, 2015
    The only reason I have An xbox...the game is easy to play and has such a rich storyline. The weapons are easy to use, and the enemy looks great. One of my favorite games.
  27. Apr 12, 2015
    Trying to be as unbiased as I can about this game, but over the years Halo 2 has wormed its way into my heart as one of the best games I have ever played. As a first person shooter the controls and core mechanics are an updated and improved upon version of Halo Combat Evolved which gives you more ways to kill aliens than before! But in all seriousness it's not the gameplay, or theTrying to be as unbiased as I can about this game, but over the years Halo 2 has wormed its way into my heart as one of the best games I have ever played. As a first person shooter the controls and core mechanics are an updated and improved upon version of Halo Combat Evolved which gives you more ways to kill aliens than before! But in all seriousness it's not the gameplay, or the multiplayer that makes this game so great, it's the immense and absolutely incredible story. The contrast of Master chief returning as a hero and Thel Vadamee (The Arbiter) returning in disgrace. The way Master Chief does what he always does kicks ass and saves the day, but then The Arbiter introduces himself as Master Chief's opposite. Through a twisting tale of redemption and betrayal we get a first hand look at the mysterious enemy The Covenant that we certainly didn't get in the first game. Through all this the Arbiter becomes the symbol of the Sangheili rebellion, we see the beginning of the downfall of the covenant as well as the Profit of Truth's true nature and motivations. The game brings our two heroes together and forces bitter enemies to become cold allies in a great storytelling arc. Now an issue with this game as a standalone game is the cliffhanger ending, because of this it opened itself to success or failure from a writing standpoint based on how Halo 3 turned out. Because Halo 3 concluded the story well and brought everything to a close it forces us to look at the entire trilogy as a whole and I would say that in the greater context Halo 2 looks to shine the greatest of them (especially with the Anniversary version). Looking back I would describe this as a perfect game, it's so much more than just another first person shooter it's an epic masterpiece. Expand
  28. Mar 22, 2015
    9.5 out of 10 a complete game has everything and is just EPIC................................................................................................................................................................................Play it if you haven't already
  29. Feb 6, 2015
    this game was great! it continued the combat evolved story and added dual wielding. the story was great, they added new characters. halo 2 was the most played purchased game on Xbox ever. the campaign was great and so was the mulitiplayer with even maps and guns. Overall, great game
  30. Dec 12, 2014
    This was the first game I ever played, and by far one of the BEST games I ever played. Lets say I was on an island for the rest of my life and I could only bring one game my choices would be this one, gta 5 or assassins creed black flag. I would not only recommend, it but I would say its a must have for halos.

#1 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#2 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Microsoft and Bungie have created a gigantic bell that sounds like thunder and reverberates with a fury worthy of a gale-force hurricane. It's not perfect, but get in front of it, and wonderful things - wonderful destructive things - are bound to happen. [Dec 2004, p.72]
  2. The digital surround sound is phenomenal (and the voice-acting peerless), and players with a good A/V system will enjoy hearing enemies approach from all sides due to the sharp positional sound.
    One of Halo 2 Online's best features - if not the best - is the statistics tracking system. [Online review]