Halo 2 Xbox

8.2

1. Mar 6, 2011
    Halo 2 did what I thought was impossible it improved upon what Halo: Combat Evolved did, it improved on gameplay, story, sound, and graphics, and created the best multiplayer experience ever that set the pace for games like the Call of Duty and Battlefield series, in my personal opinion this is the best in the Halo series, the only reason this does not get a perfect 10 is that there is noHalo 2 did what I thought was impossible it improved upon what Halo: Combat Evolved did, it improved on gameplay, story, sound, and graphics, and created the best multiplayer experience ever that set the pace for games like the Call of Duty and Battlefield series, in my personal opinion this is the best in the Halo series, the only reason this does not get a perfect 10 is that there is no more multiplayer, but this is still a absolute must play. Expand
  2. Jun 8, 2013
    Upon its release Halo quickly established itself as the original Xbox's killer exclusive and this highly anticipated sequel arrived three years later amongst huge fanfare. Fortunately, while it did not exactly reinvent the FPS genre, it more than lived up to the hype providing an excellent evolution of the close to flawless original. Single player, co-op play and online Vs modes are allUpon its release Halo quickly established itself as the original Xbox's killer exclusive and this highly anticipated sequel arrived three years later amongst huge fanfare. Fortunately, while it did not exactly reinvent the FPS genre, it more than lived up to the hype providing an excellent evolution of the close to flawless original. Single player, co-op play and online Vs modes are all accounted for and anyone that enjoys the FPS genre won't be disappointed with what they find here. Expand
  3. Dec 31, 2011
    So, I had the chance to play the multiplayer of "Halo 2" thanks to a lock-in from our church. All I can say is.....STICK TO REACH, MY ****
  4. May 27, 2012
    Probably my favorite war shooter multiplayer game. Had so much fun with this one. One of the best multiplayers ever.
  5. Mar 11, 2011
    wow this was and maybe one of the biggest dissapointments in a sequel ive ever had the misfortune of playing. the good of this game can be sumed up very fast .controls are tight and graphics where great in there day and that would be it. every thing els about this game falls flat on its face . the story starts out kinda intresting then you start playing as the arbator which was likewow this was and maybe one of the biggest dissapointments in a sequel ive ever had the misfortune of playing. the good of this game can be sumed up very fast .controls are tight and graphics where great in there day and that would be it. every thing els about this game falls flat on its face . the story starts out kinda intresting then you start playing as the arbator which was like WTF!!!! i dont wana play as this **** i want to play as the master chief . i wouldnt have minded if it was a seperate campahn mode i could pick from the start but no it jumps back and forth and its HORRABLY annoying. then there is the wepons balance OMG! they just took a huge dump on that all the wepons ammo got cut by 1/2 or 2/3 of what they use to hold on top of that they gimped alot of the old guns. remember how sweet the pistol was? yeah now you might as well shoot spitballs as the enimy. the old machine gun use to be a pretty solid wepon to use now they tossed that for the gimp little smg which is like shooting a FKin BB gun. the enimy AI has takin a major dump . the brutes are complete idiots they just charge you over and over and over and never stop . so you eather get cheap killed up against a wall or you jump up on some thing high and laugh at them as they run into the object over and over again like a retard tryin to hump a door knob on speed. the ending is one of the worst in gaming history . it pretty much sets you up to what you think will be the final mission only to give you a big F U wait 3 damn years to play the next one HAHA dumbass . now you would think ok well the online will be awsome right i mean that was one of the coolest things about Halo 1 was how bad ass a multiplayer game it was . well WROOOOONG!!!! another Epic fail by bunjie . first off im not sure how many maps there are but i can say this much i played the same 2 FKin maps for 10 hours and thoose 2 maps sucked. this games search set up SUCKS and suck HARD! now toss in how the wepons where all gimped and you have a piss poor pathetic waste of a online game . people giving this any thing higher then a 7 ... try to defend that . you cant . this game sucks end of story. Expand
  6. Jul 10, 2011
    This is where the multiplayer started getting hype. Thanks to Bungie doing an almost perfect game, no other game have made an addictive multiplayer game. Halo 2 kicked ass back then, and it still does.
  7. Jun 5, 2016
    Maybe one of the best game on Xbox . Maybe best graphics on Xbox and amazing graphics in cutscenes, but in Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic Riders is better . Halo 2 is most popular game on Xbox, this is bestseller on Xbox . In this game one of the best storyline on Xbox and this is amazing shooter, which the one of the best shooter about Halo and generally speaking . Halo 2 even better thanMaybe one of the best game on Xbox . Maybe best graphics on Xbox and amazing graphics in cutscenes, but in Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic Riders is better . Halo 2 is most popular game on Xbox, this is bestseller on Xbox . In this game one of the best storyline on Xbox and this is amazing shooter, which the one of the best shooter about Halo and generally speaking . Halo 2 even better than Halo Combat Evolved, but Halo 4 is better . Poor 10/10 . Expand
  8. Jan 13, 2012
    A disapointing sequel. I didnt like the new look that the game had and it didnt really fit well with me. The story was a little too similar to the first game. It was interesting playing on the covenant side and it was easily the best part of the campaign. Multiplayer was fun but besides an updated look, It didnt really have much different from the first game's multiplayer.

It was an ok

It was an ok game but very disapointing.
  9. Jan 19, 2011
    Complete and total trash. This is a good example of companies milking good games for money. The story is crap, the graphics did not improve and it's just one incredibly repetitive FPS with nothing special. Only thing that stands out is the incredible overhype this game recieved.
  10. Jan 5, 2014
    The 2nd instalment of Halo throws players straight back to the shoes of chief after the cliff hanging ending of Halo: Combat evolved. Your in for one hell of a ride, once again as its now to fight to keep earth alive. You will be forced to make allies with the unexpected for the hopes of keeping humanity alive. Halo continues to be the best shooter of the generation with this excellent follow up.
  11. Aug 13, 2012
    Halo: Combat Evolved was always going to hard to follow up and Halo 2 almost manages it. The sprawling environments return, so do the covenant, so does the flood in fact so does everything. It feels like a copy and paste at times with very few gameplay changes and very few variations in environment. However what it does well is it brings the intergalactic war well and truly home and turnsHalo: Combat Evolved was always going to hard to follow up and Halo 2 almost manages it. The sprawling environments return, so do the covenant, so does the flood in fact so does everything. It feels like a copy and paste at times with very few gameplay changes and very few variations in environment. However what it does well is it brings the intergalactic war well and truly home and turns up the epicness to 11. Invading giant mobile covenant bases, assaulting a hanging city before it falls into the depths below and a story to bonkers that you get far too in over your head and it feels right! Halo 2 is by no means as good as Halo:CE but it damn well comes close. Expand
  12. Feb 7, 2016
    Halo 2 is an excellent game, a worthy sequel to CE. The graphics have been improved massively, and the gameplay is much better too. There is a heap of new weapons, and Master Chief moves around quicker than he did in CE. The online multiplayer is an absolute blast too. Buy this game on the MCC if you have not already.
  13. Mar 22, 2013
    Following up Halo: Combat Evolved is no small feat. Luckily, Halo 2 was open to the challenge and succeeded in every way. The multiplayer speaks for itself. The only nitpick is the brevity of the campaign and the cliffhanger ending. Still, the campaign, while short, is incredibly original containing a twist you will never see coming.
  14. Aug 26, 2012
    This game is the sequel to one of the best game of all time! Great campaign, really fun missions and you can play as the Arbiter in some missions. Multiplayer is just amazing and improved on the multiplayer (BT). And halo 4 will be awesome, HALO FTW!!!!!!! Halo 2 9.6/10
  15. Sep 9, 2014
    There are probably some minor faults in this game but it doesnt stop me giving it a 10, i was young and this was one of many of the first games i played and it is special, i have special memories of this game and is and always will be my favourite Halo game. 10/10.
  16. Jun 27, 2013
    This is probably the weakest of the main series Halo games. It's not bad, it just doesn't do much. The story is far weaker than the first Halo, the combat isn't much different, and the graphics are only a little better. The only improvement here is the multiplayer, however that alone can't make a game good. All around, it was disappointing.
  17. Dec 4, 2012
    A top 5 game of all time for me. I could play this for hours and I would never get tired of it. Even if I got hungry and weak, I wouldn't find a faullt with this game. It's revolutionary. It's just one of those "perfect" games.
  18. Jul 20, 2013
    Un total asco de juego unos estupidos con traje apretadito matando simios disfrazados.................................................................
  19. Dec 9, 2014
    While not quite as good as the first one, Halo 2 does a great job at continuing the story of Master Chief. This time around though you play as two characters in their own stories. Arbiter and Chief.
    The only problem I have with the game is that the cliffhanger at the end annoyed me a bit.

Verdict:
    A great game which continues the legacy of the Chief and introduces a new character
  20. May 26, 2013
    This was the first Halo game Iv'e played on the Xbox when I was young and this one will always be the best Halo game in the franchise! Dual wielding weapons in this game was exciting, especially with SMG's, which were my favorite weapons in the entire game. Just to bad that Halo 3 didn't have the same spark this one had.
  21. Mar 18, 2013
    OMG I miss this game, this was the first game I modded in which so I can fly the Pelican. I love this game with a passion can really hoping they could bring the Dual make into the Halo Series.
  22. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 1
    + Improves on the single-player and multiplayer gameplay of the first installment in every way
    + Defined near perfection in online matchmaking multiplayer play
    ? Some people find the narrative and inclusion of the Arbiter odd, but this and many other things showed a brave step forwards in the development of the franchise by Bungie
  23. Jun 12, 2014
    This game didn't only change my life but I'm sure it changed other peoples too. This was not only the start of Xbox Live and Xbox, but the start of something bigger. Life. Yes Halo 2 was life for me back then. What I like about this game is that everybody can relate to it. It is by far the best Xbox game created. It really changed how gamers thought (Considering there werent a lot backThis game didn't only change my life but I'm sure it changed other peoples too. This was not only the start of Xbox Live and Xbox, but the start of something bigger. Life. Yes Halo 2 was life for me back then. What I like about this game is that everybody can relate to it. It is by far the best Xbox game created. It really changed how gamers thought (Considering there werent a lot back then). This game not only boosted its series but it boosted Xbox, gaming, and even some peoples lives. Including mine. I know they will continue to make Halos and I believe it will continue to succeed. I Expand
  24. Sep 18, 2013
    For me this was a massive disappointment from the original Halo coming out a few years earlier. But don't ignore this epic AAA title, it is still worth a purchase. But again I recommend the PC version over the Xbox version.
  25. Aug 29, 2013
    First the campaign has added skulls and is thrilling but the story is not as good as the original and the ending isn't as disappointing as ME3's ending it ruins the campaign.
    While the campaign is worth a 7 the multiplayer is so strong and back then matchmaking didn't exsist and online console gaming was terrible bu this made it amazing
  26. Nov 19, 2015
    Halo 2 is an improvement on every aspect of the Halo franchise: Slighly better AI, new Xbox Live multiplayer, dual wielding weapons, a better Co-Op and better graphics. There are no weak areas in Halo 2. It is a milestone in the gendre that is FPS.
  27. May 5, 2012
    Halo 2 adds several mechanical achievements over Halo:CE, as well as continues the incredible story arc the first began. What is loses is the originality of the first without introducing enough new elements to feel completely fresh. This is understandable, considering what a feat the first game was and how soon after this game was released. Again, graphics and controls stand up well,Halo 2 adds several mechanical achievements over Halo:CE, as well as continues the incredible story arc the first began. What is loses is the originality of the first without introducing enough new elements to feel completely fresh. This is understandable, considering what a feat the first game was and how soon after this game was released. Again, graphics and controls stand up well, even after a considerable amount of time. The Soundtrack from any Halo game is incredible, and this one is no different. For the completionist, this game on Legendary is, in my opinion, the hardest of all the Halo games, CE to Reach. Overall, a great continuation that just failed to deliver enough new material to be the greatest. Expand
  28. Nov 30, 2015
    The multiplayer in this game was even better than Halo: Combat Evolved. Take Combat Evolved, add in even more unforgettable maps which would be redone a million times for the next Halo games, and improve on everything from the first game and you've got the best Halo game ever made. Spent countless hours on Xbox Live playing this. I've never seen better maps in a FPS game before and I'veThe multiplayer in this game was even better than Halo: Combat Evolved. Take Combat Evolved, add in even more unforgettable maps which would be redone a million times for the next Halo games, and improve on everything from the first game and you've got the best Halo game ever made. Spent countless hours on Xbox Live playing this. I've never seen better maps in a FPS game before and I've played them all since the first Unreal Tournament.

The single player campaign was a 9/10 for me, but the perfectly balanced multiplayer and maps turns this into a 10. The only problem was the damn modem hackers that would make your game freeze and they would get an instant win for their team.
  29. Feb 10, 2014
    Halo 2 ramps up the drama but manages to stay a good shooter. It gets the balance right. Halo 2 introduces duel wielding for the first time in the series and is unique in story mode for letting you play as both the hero master chief and anti hero arbiter.
  30. Feb 26, 2012
    Halo 2 is one of the greatest games ever created. The story was much different than it's superior predecessor, but nonetheless Halo 2 left any other game in its day in its wake. The gameplay was solid, fluid, and realistic. Graphics were good for its day, and the game in its self was extremely addictive and fun! The world of halo explodes into a massive science fiction epic where you neverHalo 2 is one of the greatest games ever created. The story was much different than it's superior predecessor, but nonetheless Halo 2 left any other game in its day in its wake. The gameplay was solid, fluid, and realistic. Graphics were good for its day, and the game in its self was extremely addictive and fun! The world of halo explodes into a massive science fiction epic where you never know what is going to happen, and you are left at the edge of your seat until the final seconds of the game. Level designs were great and very creative! I enjoyed the variety, and the multiplayer is arguably the bar-setter for every other game to date. A great campaign, and a great multiplayer experience. A superior game and a delivering sequel. Expand
  31. Nov 28, 2012
    This game will make your dick hard and thats not a lie. You can debate on weather this halo or halo 3 being the best halo. The gameplay was insane. Did I mention it makes your dick hard?
  32. Oct 3, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 9
    Fun Factor: 9

Score: 8.8/10
  33. Feb 3, 2012
    Halo 2 is a more versatile journey than the first game, and it comes with brand new characters, gameplay elements and weapons that improve upon the original. I encountered some bugs with a frozen image over the display when emulating the Original Xbox version on Xbox 360, but other than that the game performed very well. Although not up to par with the likes of Half-Life 2 technically, itHalo 2 is a more versatile journey than the first game, and it comes with brand new characters, gameplay elements and weapons that improve upon the original. I encountered some bugs with a frozen image over the display when emulating the Original Xbox version on Xbox 360, but other than that the game performed very well. Although not up to par with the likes of Half-Life 2 technically, it is still quite an impressive game in regards to the art design, pacing and music. The story has some interesting elements here and there as well, and the characters are more relatable than ever before. However, the narrative felt a bit stretched out, and went back and forth a lot. The gameplay also lacked something to look forward to after a while, and became very repetitive. And it didn't help that the developers, similarly to the first, rehashed a lot of the level design, in addition to tossing the same enemies at you over and over again. And although I didn't need a walkthrough, I wouldn't mind being given better directions, especially in areas where you are supposed to pass by enemy fire and trying to figure out where to go. Similarly to Halo: Combat Evolved, I didn't appreciate the flying and driving as much either, since the controls are quite clunky and getting through enemy fire alive in this particular type of combat can often be more of a coincidence than determined by skill. Furthermore, the enemy AI is not very impressive, and basically runs towards you or shots at you while waiting from a distance. In the end though, this is arguably one of the richest experiences on the original Xbox, but not a giant leap forward from an already remarkable game. Expand
  34. Aug 5, 2013
    The best Halo in my honest opinion, no game has thus far been able to beat this games amazing story, amazing gameplay and amazing characters. This is where the amazing halo games ended and started going down the hill.
  35. Aug 26, 2015
    This review cover Halo 2: Anniversary included in the Master Chief Collection for XBox One.

Before you think I'm all hyped about this game, you can check my review for the previous game, Halo CE. I gave it a 7 and I was very hard on it. Now, this is probably the best, or at least top 3, FPS I ever played. Everything I critiqued about the first Halo game has been greatly improved in

Now, this is probably the best, or at least top 3, FPS I ever played. Everything I critiqued about the first Halo game has been greatly improved in this sequel.

- Graphics and Music: they are really nice and the remastered version represents a major upgrade.

- Story: while I considered that Halo CE had failed miserably at making the story interesting, Halo 2 hooks you from the very first minute with an amazing opening cutscene, and remains the same throughout the entire game. In addition to the great cutscenes, you play as a Covenant outcast, and you get to know the beauty of the Covenant cities, the complexity of their society, and how fragile this allegiance really is.

- Gameplay: this time we have 15 missions which take between 30 and 45 minutes each. You'll change players between missions, so this will also help keep the game fresh.

- Combat Mechanics: I considered this the weakest aspect of the previous Halo. I could say that this has been improved so much. Not only there are more weapons available, but now dual-wielding is also possible. Additionally, Master Chief's agility has been enhanced, which allows faster combat sequences. It's cool that you cannot throw grenades while carrying 2 weapons because, while being stronger on 1 on 1 situations, you have to be more careful when facing crowds.

- Level Design: levels are varied and many of them have been designed with vehicles as the central element. From making your way through highways to combats in space. You even ride a tank through ancient ruins. During a considerable number of sequences we have different factions fighting each other. These are probably the parts I enjoyed the most. It really showed us how complex this universe is.

- Enemies: We have basically the same enemies that we encounter the first time. Additionally we'll have to deal with the tough Brutes.

- Weaponry: these are also the same we got in the first game, with a few exceptions. In my opinion, the weaker weapons have been balanced and now you can have fun with either of them.

- Vehicles and Turrets: this is probably what I enjoyed the most about this game. I'm really glad to see a FPS in which vehicles are so important.
  36. Aug 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An improvement on the first game. I enjoyed the Covenant parts of the game and I had no problem with the cliff-hanger ending. Needless to say that fans of the first game will enjoy this. Expand
  37. May 27, 2016
    Shooters don't get as good as this. Halo 2 improved on the already amazing Halo Combat Evolved in nearly every way.

*More refined gameplay
    *More weapons
    *Better graphics
    *Better multiplayer
    *Better story

This game was truly a masterpiece. Grab Master Chief Collection if you haven't played it yet.
  38. Jul 29, 2015
    This took Halo: CEs formula and doubled on it which made for an experience significantly more fun than the first, dual wielding weapons against a horde of covenant that are as violent as me? give me that.
  39. Dec 6, 2013
    better then the first one in my view but still have the feeling that the levels arren't changing at all there's not much variety between rooms
    the campaign itzelf is good you play again with masterchief and for the first time with a sanghieli called arbiter now you can explore new dimensions of gameplay with too different story working their way together
    +:cool looking sights +:good
    +:cool looking sights
    +:good campaign
    +:awesome characters
    +:multiplayer options
    -:dark rooms
    -:no variety in levels
  40. Jan 12, 2012
    This is a great game. It is bigger and better than the original. There are several more weapons, enemies and vehicles. The multiplayer is spectacular. The campaign is fun but the story is not the best in my opinion. Also this game was rushed so the graphics were not up to the expectation of the e3 demo. It still deserves a 10.
  41. Jul 21, 2013
    Halo 2 to this day is one of the greatest games I have ever played. And to my personal opinion it is the best Halo game. There was such hype for this game upon release because the first Halo redefined the FPS genre and put Xbox on the map so much was expected of this game, and it did not disappoint. It returned with some innovative features such as dual wielding weapons, hi-jackingHalo 2 to this day is one of the greatest games I have ever played. And to my personal opinion it is the best Halo game. There was such hype for this game upon release because the first Halo redefined the FPS genre and put Xbox on the map so much was expected of this game, and it did not disappoint. It returned with some innovative features such as dual wielding weapons, hi-jacking enemy vehicles and new weapons. This may not seem like a big deal but it really did change the experience.

It not only tells the story of the main character Master Chief but also a new protagonist called the Arbiter. He is a disgraced Elite from the Covenant who has been given one last chance to redeem himself. Some people did not like the Arbiter's side of the story but personally I felt it was the highlight of the game, the political struggle for the Covenant was incredibly interesting. In my eyes its an almost faultless game, the most fun I have ever endured in a campaign and had the best and most intriguing story line.

42. Oct 4, 2014
    Look, I've played hundreds of video games throughout my lifetime, but I must say, Halo 2 was the greatest game I ever played. I was always afraid to buy an Xbox 360, out of fear that an "Xbox 720" would come out the day after I bought one, so basically, i played halo 2 for 4 years straight until 2010 when I finally got a 360. But you know what? During those 4 years, i never EVER got boredLook, I've played hundreds of video games throughout my lifetime, but I must say, Halo 2 was the greatest game I ever played. I was always afraid to buy an Xbox 360, out of fear that an "Xbox 720" would come out the day after I bought one, so basically, i played halo 2 for 4 years straight until 2010 when I finally got a 360. But you know what? During those 4 years, i never EVER got bored of Halo 2. That's just how perfect a game it was, and still is, and always will be. Can't wait until the remastered edition on Xbox One! Expand
  43. Nov 13, 2010
    Worst Halo. Multiplayer is OK, but it has the worst campaign, and a weird place balance. For the real Halo's, check out Halo: Combat Evolved, or Halo Reach. For something different, try out MW2 or Black Ops.
  44. Dec 11, 2010
    It's hard to believe you could improve in anyway on the first, but they did! recommend playing this one after playing the first though. The game continues on the story of the original game and adds cool key things in the game like new weapons and the feature of dual wielding which was a great feature added in. Definitely a BUY.
  45. Feb 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the one of the best shooter games of all time, and the best game in the Halo series. Halo 2 is kind of the filler game between halo:CE and Halo 3. Halo 2 has the player play was Master chief (The main character from all of the good halo games) and as the Arbiter. I really liked how they allowed you to experience both sides of the game lore. You saw the struggle to save humanity, and the insanity behind the prophets great journey. Fight along side elites and grunt and riding in phantoms was awesome. My favorite part about Halo 2 was high charity. The city is huge and looked awesome. Oh, and you cannot forget about the amazing soundtrack.... Was just great.. Expand
  46. Sep 2, 2013
    Es un gran juego, después de su primera parte HALO COMBAT ENVOLVED(RECOMENDADO) estuve ansioso por jugar su segunda parte HALO 2, me sorprendió como un gran juego persiste en su gran variabilidad de juegos y sigue aun así siendo un muy buen juego sin des meritar las excelentes gráficas que para ese año eran y son muy buenas.
  47. Jul 6, 2014
    my personal favorite halo it had a great and bad-ass story it had revolutionary graphics for the time and the multiplayer. This game set the bar for fps multiplayer very fun even now so happy 343 is making it on the Xbox one.Overall great game no flaws just buy it on the Xbox one not the original
  48. Jun 12, 2011
    Slightly better graphics and some online... almost the same game as Halo 1. I don't need more vehicles, and dual wielding on weapons I'm not going to use... I prefer the first game over this hyped fps.
  49. Dec 2, 2012
    I have done my halo 1 review and now it is time to move onto the best of the series. It is important to point out that I am only basing this review on the singleplayer as I didn't manage to play the multiplayer before it was shut down, shame because I heard it was the best in the series :/. Anyway onto the review, the games plot is great with some good voice acting and cutscenes added intoI have done my halo 1 review and now it is time to move onto the best of the series. It is important to point out that I am only basing this review on the singleplayer as I didn't manage to play the multiplayer before it was shut down, shame because I heard it was the best in the series :/. Anyway onto the review, the games plot is great with some good voice acting and cutscenes added into it, the gameplay is still as great as always and (again) the music and sound effects are where it is at, they went for an electric guitar in the music this time as opposed to the choir in the original and it pays off as it makes for great action music. 10/10 (I have redeemed myself for the halo 1 review) Expand
  50. Jul 31, 2015
    While Halo 2 for the original Xbox may be fading from the public memory, it will never fully fade from mine. I remember as a tween the absolute and total madness I felt waiting for this game. It is to this day the game I desired the most before I got the chance to play it. I sunk days of my youth engaged in the second installment of one of video gaming's greatest franchises. With anWhile Halo 2 for the original Xbox may be fading from the public memory, it will never fully fade from mine. I remember as a tween the absolute and total madness I felt waiting for this game. It is to this day the game I desired the most before I got the chance to play it. I sunk days of my youth engaged in the second installment of one of video gaming's greatest franchises. With an absurdly great campaign somehow bettered by what, in my opinion, is the greatest multiplayer (both online and off) ever, Halo 2 is a Top 5 video game of all-time for me with no question, and may be number 1 with some reflection.

If you think you're a gamer, and you want to know what gaming is in its essence, you owe it to yourself to play Halo 2 in its original, purest glory. It is nothing short of absolutely legendary.
  51. Apr 12, 2015
    Trying to be as unbiased as I can about this game, but over the years Halo 2 has wormed its way into my heart as one of the best games I have ever played. As a first person shooter the controls and core mechanics are an updated and improved upon version of Halo Combat Evolved which gives you more ways to kill aliens than before! But in all seriousness it's not the gameplay, or theTrying to be as unbiased as I can about this game, but over the years Halo 2 has wormed its way into my heart as one of the best games I have ever played. As a first person shooter the controls and core mechanics are an updated and improved upon version of Halo Combat Evolved which gives you more ways to kill aliens than before! But in all seriousness it's not the gameplay, or the multiplayer that makes this game so great, it's the immense and absolutely incredible story. The contrast of Master chief returning as a hero and Thel Vadamee (The Arbiter) returning in disgrace. The way Master Chief does what he always does kicks ass and saves the day, but then The Arbiter introduces himself as Master Chief's opposite. Through a twisting tale of redemption and betrayal we get a first hand look at the mysterious enemy The Covenant that we certainly didn't get in the first game. Through all this the Arbiter becomes the symbol of the Sangheili rebellion, we see the beginning of the downfall of the covenant as well as the Profit of Truth's true nature and motivations. The game brings our two heroes together and forces bitter enemies to become cold allies in a great storytelling arc. Now an issue with this game as a standalone game is the cliffhanger ending, because of this it opened itself to success or failure from a writing standpoint based on how Halo 3 turned out. Because Halo 3 concluded the story well and brought everything to a close it forces us to look at the entire trilogy as a whole and I would say that in the greater context Halo 2 looks to shine the greatest of them (especially with the Anniversary version). Looking back I would describe this as a perfect game, it's so much more than just another first person shooter it's an epic masterpiece. Expand
  52. Sep 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 2 was a gigantic improvement from Halo: Combat Evolved, and that's extremely commendable because Halo: Combat Evolved was a masterpiece in itself. It's difficult to improve something when the original was nearly perfect. (Look at Bioshock 2 for an example of failed improvement.)

Halo 2 might not have had the best story, but the fun factor the game offered was outstanding. The game was especially fun with couch co-op. It's also good to mention that this is the only Halo game where you play on the Covenant's side. Halo 2 also has the longest Halo campaign to date. Now, every game has it's flaws, and Halo 2 isn't spared from them. As mentioned before, story-wise, you get absolutely nothing done in the game. You discover a Halo ring, and prevent it from firing. That's pretty much the gist of it. Because of that, the 15 chapter campaign (again, longest Halo campaign to date) was pointless. However, it was still interesting. I guess you could say that the entire game was just a lead-up to Halo 3. The ending of the game was also not very great. But let's just put all of that behind and focus on what made Halo 2 such a success: Halo 2 took all of the fun from the first Halo, brought it over and enhanced it. Halo 2 all in all was loads of fun, and in the end isn't that what a game is supposed to be?
  53. Nov 2, 2012
    Awesome game, improvement over the first in some ways. The only reason I dinged it down a notch was because I hated the missions when you were forced to be an alien, I rushed through them and didn't enjoy them at all. Multiplayer was also awesome, loved the introduction to the BR in this game.
  54. Aug 7, 2016
    The game that bought me to the FPS genre and introduced me to the then-new multiplayer phenomenon. Ever since it was announced i was hyped to the brim constantly buying Xbox magazines and reading up the latest news of the game. And when it did release it lived up to pretty much all my expectations. The hype-train left the station and successfully arrived. The campaign, although a bitThe game that bought me to the FPS genre and introduced me to the then-new multiplayer phenomenon. Ever since it was announced i was hyped to the brim constantly buying Xbox magazines and reading up the latest news of the game. And when it did release it lived up to pretty much all my expectations. The hype-train left the station and successfully arrived. The campaign, although a bit blander than Halo Combat Evolved but it still kept me on the edge of my seat. The multiplayer was obviously the absolute highlight of the game. I drained hundreds of hours into the multiplayer with my friends. I was devastated when Microsoft shut down Xbox Live for the original Xbox. Overall without a doubt the greatest FPS of the Xbox. Expand
  55. Nov 8, 2013
    Halo 2 succeeds in raising the stakes and pushing further into the human races battle for survival. It has new weapons, new characters, and even gives us more insight into the covenant. Microsoft pushed up the release date for Halo 2 and it shows throughout the game. Characters and textures blink in late in cut scenes, brutes take ridiculous amounts of damage without flinching, and aHalo 2 succeeds in raising the stakes and pushing further into the human races battle for survival. It has new weapons, new characters, and even gives us more insight into the covenant. Microsoft pushed up the release date for Halo 2 and it shows throughout the game. Characters and textures blink in late in cut scenes, brutes take ridiculous amounts of damage without flinching, and a cliffhanger ending tops it off. Even with all that this game still manages to be one heck of an awesome experience. Expand
  56. Nov 10, 2015
    Probably my favourite games of all time. The campaign was amazing and a turn for a more serious tone from halo 1. Multiplayer was revolutionary for its time and infinitely fun. Music was excellent and really set the tone while the graphics for it's time were also incredible. Generally one of the greatest games of all time.
  57. Dec 3, 2012
    Greatest game i have ever played. Matchmaking in this game was so much fun, plus I would play hours on end with friends in private games. The campaign was awesome, you get to drive around in a tank, drop in a pod from space, survive a flood onslaught, basically anything you could want to do in a Halo game. NO game has had better multiplayer, and NO sequel has lived up to its name period.Greatest game i have ever played. Matchmaking in this game was so much fun, plus I would play hours on end with friends in private games. The campaign was awesome, you get to drive around in a tank, drop in a pod from space, survive a flood onslaught, basically anything you could want to do in a Halo game. NO game has had better multiplayer, and NO sequel has lived up to its name period. We wouldn't have GOW, COD, or any modern first person shooter without this game happening. Game summed up by emoney "This game will make your dick hard." Microsoft can GO TO HELL for taking off this games multiplayer and ruining the series with Halo 3 and 4. 3 wasn't bad but 4 is unplayable. Collapse
  58. Mar 31, 2014
    Halo 2 is the best games that have been created in history, by the fact the gameplay, story, soundtrack and others, this is my favorite video game, and no one can change it
  59. Nov 6, 2013
    Great game! A must have. Halo 3 outdid Halo 2, but that was something expected it being developed by Bungie. You can never go wrong by getting Bungie-developed games.
  60. Nov 27, 2010
    Halo 2 is an excellent game. It's not quite as good as the first one, but what is? This game has a great campaign and awesome multiplayer. I got this game as a Christmas present back in 2005 and I'm still playing it! You know a game is good when it doesn't grow old even after 5 years.
  61. Dec 22, 2010
    I think Halo 2 lost some of its score when they deactivated Xbox Original Live. The campaign still delivers, its epic but sometimes there are those "Where do i go?!?!" moments. Graphics are really good for Xbox, and the voice recording is good too. I think that they still could of worked on the graphics.
  62. Oct 11, 2015
    At the end of 2004 when the first time I played this game on my XBox, I was so fascinated with graphics and gameplay. Really real as animated films. Until now, this is still best games ever with good graphics, gameplay, and story.
  63. Jun 8, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My favorite game of all time and undoubtedly the best game on Xbox and one of the best First Person Shooters of all time.

Halo 2 nailed everything from the Single player campaign (Which IMO has the best story out of any Halo game) and the revolutionary and ground breaking Multiplayer. We got an in depth look at the Covenant and their goals and got to see that oh so sweet plot twist when the brutes over took the elites. As for the Multiplayer, do I need to explain? This game CREATED Xbox Live, nuff said.
  64. Feb 6, 2015
    this game was great! it continued the combat evolved story and added dual wielding. the story was great, they added new characters. halo 2 was the most played purchased game on Xbox ever. the campaign was great and so was the mulitiplayer with even maps and guns. Overall, great game
  65. May 22, 2011
    This is just about the best Halo ever made. I mean seriously, there have been Halos after this, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Reach. But from all of the Halos I've played, (which are Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo: Reach) this one is the best.
  66. Aug 19, 2014
    Halo 2 pioneered many grounds that laid the framework for today's FPS console gaming. The development of skill based ranking systems, smart playlists, multiplayer map design and gametypes. The multiplayer was revolutionary for its time - and this was all on top of a emotionally charged, non-linear plot campaign, with the most epic score to ever accompany a video game. Halo 2 came from aHalo 2 pioneered many grounds that laid the framework for today's FPS console gaming. The development of skill based ranking systems, smart playlists, multiplayer map design and gametypes. The multiplayer was revolutionary for its time - and this was all on top of a emotionally charged, non-linear plot campaign, with the most epic score to ever accompany a video game. Halo 2 came from a time when people put their heart and sole into developing video games because they cared about the player, before everyone was worried about your wallet. Bungie listened to the feedback of its players, patched its bugs, and released quality DLC that was worth the money.

Thank you Bungie, this game was one hell of a ride.
  67. Mar 11, 2014
    better tahn teh butt seckz. halo 2 was perfect, is perfect, and halo 2 anniversary will save the franchise. 343 made a terrible game called halo 4 and killed our franchise. let's get it back by pressuring microsoft to release a halo 2 remake. halo 2 is better than halo 5 because we know 343 can't do anything right.
  68. Sep 9, 2015
    The campaign was good but not perfect. The multiplayer however is 11/10. Matchmaking, teamwork, gameplay are revolutionary. With the release of Halo 2 Anniversary you can see how well ahead of its time it was. All it needed was a graphical tweak.
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is hands the down the best game ever. I don't care about Zelda, Call of Duty, or even the other Halos when this game is brought up. It is so good it is at it's own level of phenomenal. One of the best stories I have ever played. The multiplayer is great and Bungie is the GOD of video games and Microsoft is amazing. People can disagree with me but I know right now a ton of peopleThis game is hands the down the best game ever. I don't care about Zelda, Call of Duty, or even the other Halos when this game is brought up. It is so good it is at it's own level of phenomenal. One of the best stories I have ever played. The multiplayer is great and Bungie is the GOD of video games and Microsoft is amazing. People can disagree with me but I know right now a ton of people who agree with exactly everything I have said in this post. Expand
  70. Jun 22, 2012
    A fantastic and welcome addition to the Halo universe. The gameplay has changed in a very positive way with the ability to dual wield and the addition of the sword. For fans of the original, get the sequel.
  71. Jun 2, 2012
    Halo CE came out and it was awesome and I couldn't think it could get better. But it did, Halo 2 will forever be in my mind the greatest FPS of all time. The campaign was well thought out and a great continuation of the first. And the multiplayer was so addicting. Its the one game I have played until that sad day when the shut down the servers. I will miss you Halo 2 MP.
  72. Mar 26, 2013
    After nine years and counting, Halo 2 still remains one of the best (If not the best) first person shooters of all time. The sequel to the 2001 hit "Halo: Combat Evolved" not only keeps all of the characteristics that made the first game great, but also adds new exciting features including the ability of hijacking vehicles, dual wielding, and multiplayer. Halo 2 looks pretty good for aAfter nine years and counting, Halo 2 still remains one of the best (If not the best) first person shooters of all time. The sequel to the 2001 hit "Halo: Combat Evolved" not only keeps all of the characteristics that made the first game great, but also adds new exciting features including the ability of hijacking vehicles, dual wielding, and multiplayer. Halo 2 looks pretty good for a 2004 game, but Halo is best known for its gameplay, not its graphics. To no surprise, Halo 2 is an amazing game that deserves to sit in every nerds collection. Expand
  73. Dec 12, 2014
    This was the first game I ever played, and by far one of the BEST games I ever played. Lets say I was on an island for the rest of my life and I could only bring one game my choices would be this one, gta 5 or assassins creed black flag. I would not only recommend, it but I would say its a must have for halos.
  74. Mar 22, 2015
    9.5 out of 10 a complete game has everything and is just EPIC................................................................................................................................................................................Play it if you haven't already
  75. Jul 9, 2015
    The only reason I have An xbox...the game is easy to play and has such a rich storyline. The weapons are easy to use, and the enemy looks great. One of my favorite games.
  76. Mar 30, 2016
    Basically my parents were very irresponsible, they let me play Halo before i even went to kindergarten, but i can tell you, as a kid and now as i am older i still enjoy it. The fact that Halo CE was good shows that Halo 2 should be better, and it was, for the first time you could play as the opposite side as the Arbiter, the hero of the Covenant destined for death. But the beautiful recipeBasically my parents were very irresponsible, they let me play Halo before i even went to kindergarten, but i can tell you, as a kid and now as i am older i still enjoy it. The fact that Halo CE was good shows that Halo 2 should be better, and it was, for the first time you could play as the opposite side as the Arbiter, the hero of the Covenant destined for death. But the beautiful recipe of Halo is this, you see a gun, any gun alien or human, you can pick it up, you see a grunt charging you with a alien speeder, you can hijack it, you can fight your style, drive the warthog, or use the turret on the back, or ride shotgun with your plasma rifle. With a great story and many adventures, its no wonder why Halo literally carried the Xbox on its back. Expand
  77. MankeeOfDoom
    Jan 8, 2005
    Rarely does a game come along and absolutely blow our wildest expectations away. Well this game is one of them. And boy did it blow them away into the darkest voids of our universe, never to be seen again. Good god, what happened? Let me emphasis one inherent flaw plaguing the Halo 2 Single-Player campaign: the level design. Good grief. You'd think the most acclaimed console game of Rarely does a game come along and absolutely blow our wildest expectations away. Well this game is one of them. And boy did it blow them away into the darkest voids of our universe, never to be seen again. Good god, what happened? Let me emphasis one inherent flaw plaguing the Halo 2 Single-Player campaign: the level design. Good grief. You'd think the most acclaimed console game of just about all-time would demonstrate aptitude in level design prowess. But no. Every stinking dirt-ridden, crap-spewing level I was forced to endure not only had the gall to be LONG but also unnecessarily repetitive. If you can survive the SP, then you are either brain-dead or a devout Halo fanboy. Or both. I guess one implies the other, doesn't it? As for the graphics. Screenshots don't do the graphics in this game as much justice as they should. The screenshots look amazing. The in-game graphics look like they were constructed by soggy non-fat milk cartons straight from the dumpster. And did I mention they were melded together using fecal matter? And that they were constructed by traumatized children without hands, covered in bloodthirsty bees and screaming in absolute pain? I should have. Music is equivalent to the vilest blasphemy from the 80's. Halo 1, despite it's mediocrity in the gameplay department, had an excellent soundtrack. Halo 2 doesn't. Multiplayer. From a person who's used to the convenienve of online PC gaming, Xbox Live was a catastrophe of monumental proportions. No server browser? *croak* NO SERVER BROWSER?! Dual-wielding, in my opinion, was utterly useless (how could you sacrifice the use of grenades?). Melee attacks are oddly awkward in this iteration. And the new shield system encourages cowardice. Ladies and gentlemen, if you haven't realized by now, I hate Halo 2 with all my heart. I absolutely hate how such an overrated game with virtually no talent behind can get so much more recognition and support than other VERY deserving games. The Halo fanboys reading this and going "OMG WTF BBQ U IZ TOTALL LIEING L0LZ." Seriously. Step back from your ignorant delusion, and begin to look at this game that you've been blindly and fanatically supporting for so long. Expand
  78. R.S.
    Jan 3, 2005
    Ok people... i mean really was it that great. Ok to let you know my history... I bought the Xbox only to play halo back when it first came out, yes I admit it was one of the better first person shooters out there well considers consoles only I would say it was the best. so yes I was anticipating Halo 2, I couldn
  79. CraigK.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Craig's Review 4U: The Guns are to damn big and in your face obstructing most of the visible area, especially in dual equipt mode. There is to much flashing to see what you are doing. Sets are to dark due to the new eviromental shaders. Story is awsome though but once again it takes a lot to get used to the interface. They should have left well alone.
  80. TuomasK.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Too Bad this game was ugly rubbish. No where near at Killzone.
  81. JoseQ.
    Nov 5, 2004
    Absolute perfection!
  82. EricM.
    Oct 16, 2004
    This game is so tight.
  83. JerradH.
    Nov 9, 2004
    In terms of console FPS games, it can't be beat, particularly in terms of multiplayer. However, if you're like me and are also a PC gamer, you'll likely find UT 2004's multiplayer to be far more satisfying in almost every way. So good game, but extraordinarily overrated due to most of its base being console only players.
  84. JoshC.
    Nov 10, 2005
    It is awesome.
  85. TonyC.
    Jan 5, 2005
    The game was very repetitive and dull, although it had some interesting features like taking control of ghosts and wraiths, etc.. the overall gameplay was repetitive and many of the map designs were similar and dull. No real challenges or obstacles single player mode = 3 rating. The online play is much better, it is random maps and random the game and map selection is lacking. But once The game was very repetitive and dull, although it had some interesting features like taking control of ghosts and wraiths, etc.. the overall gameplay was repetitive and many of the map designs were similar and dull. No real challenges or obstacles single player mode = 3 rating. The online play is much better, it is random maps and random the game and map selection is lacking. But once you get in the game and play it is fun. Sometimes in team battles part of your team will leave and it makes the teams so unfair you can't win and takes the fun out of the online experience. Overall online experience nothing really new or exciting Online play is definately better than single player mode. Online rating = 7, however it gets old and repetitive quick as well. Expand
  86. GodComplex
    Feb 1, 2005
    I would like to state that this game is not broken. You H2-haters are. You are broken because you are blind, and comfortable in being that way. I hate people that are ignorant because they want to be. Any real Halo fan would know this. I lost many hours of my life at lan-parties for years because of the first game, and many things that made me say: "bullsh.t" were taken out. Face it. The I would like to state that this game is not broken. You H2-haters are. You are broken because you are blind, and comfortable in being that way. I hate people that are ignorant because they want to be. Any real Halo fan would know this. I lost many hours of my life at lan-parties for years because of the first game, and many things that made me say: "bullsh.t" were taken out. Face it. The pistol took too little skill to be effective. I could kill you in 2-3 shot all the time, everytime. Even noobs could kill you in 5-7 shots. Were's the skill in that old-school fans? Hell, you could snipe a Spartan from a Scorpion tank. Yeah right. They fixed the Devil-pistol. In Multiplayer you cannot go Lone-Ranger as much anymore. You can be good, but any team that works well together will make short work of you. They will hunt you in packs. Have all the weapons. They will own you. I owned people by myself in the first game. I can't do that as much now. I need tactics, not just brawn to win. As for match making, it's good. You play against people of your lv. They system works. People also complain about online problems, like swearing and glitching. Bungie fixes these problems. People can also report you if you are bad! YOU WILL BE EXPLELLED OR WORSE! Trust me, I see it everyday. I also haven't had much problems with lag, which surprised me. Also old-school fan's bitch about duel weilding. Old-school fans can be idiots and not try things, because they are afraid of change. Besides, duel-weilding isn't that effective! I own people that do that! A well place nad' and a single smg clean house all the time, everytime. You guys could also try a battle rifle with a plasm gun. So deadly it's scary! Owns the duel-weilding freaks so much it's scary! I don't understand people hatred for the single player mode. Halo had me going "holy shit" everytime. Halo 2 did that for me and more. I love the Arbiter too. I guess people expected a different game. I feel sorry for these pathetic masses of rage and hatred. They are broken relics. Note: Pc games and console are like judging fresh water from salt water. That's why I don't mention Half-Life 2 or World of Warcraft. Expand
  87. AidanB.
    Mar 20, 2005
    The game is an exellent sequel to halo, and both multiplayer modes are amazing.
  88. MikeyW.
    Apr 3, 2005
    Halo2 has the best multiplayer features. there is one thing that absolutley sucks about it. th laziness put into the videos and the single player levels. If you are looking for a perfect campain mode in a shooting game then don't buy halo 2. if you are looking for probally the best multiplayer and xbox live game on the market then definitely buy halo2.
  89. Charlie
    Jun 15, 2005
    This is the best game ever. The graphics are some of the best ever on X-Box. I see that Nathan complained about plants? Who cares about plants materializing 5 feet in front of you when every other part of the game looks simply amazing? Nathan didn't like the multi-player because he got his ass handed to him. If he won he would say it was great. I dont know how you could say something This is the best game ever. The graphics are some of the best ever on X-Box. I see that Nathan complained about plants? Who cares about plants materializing 5 feet in front of you when every other part of the game looks simply amazing? Nathan didn't like the multi-player because he got his ass handed to him. If he won he would say it was great. I dont know how you could say something is wrong with the maps when they are beautiful. The gameplay sucked? The gameplay definitely doesn't suck. It is action packed and fluent. Even on x-box live there aren't problems with framerate or anything. Shoaib complained about not really saving earth. You saved earth by forcing the covenant to leave earth. Then you followed them to stop them from ever coming back to earth. Yes, being the arbiter sucked, but the gameplay with the arbiter was awesome. Being invisible was freaking sweet! When the arbiter talked then it was stupid, because i agree with you. I just want to kill elites, but you barely notice them when you are playing as the arbiter. in first person as along as you dont look straight down you dont even notice. To wrap it all up Halo 2 is the best game ever and everyone who doesn't agree with me and complains about the game are ... Expand
  90. JesseS.
    Jun 19, 2005
    A good game, but highly overrated. The graphics are nice, with some nice character models and environments. However, they tend to repeat themselves. The gameplay is that great, addictive Halo that we all remember. However, the Arbiter missions are quite boring and disappointing, and you end up feeling like you're doing the same mission you were doing some time earlier. The thing that A good game, but highly overrated. The graphics are nice, with some nice character models and environments. However, they tend to repeat themselves. The gameplay is that great, addictive Halo that we all remember. However, the Arbiter missions are quite boring and disappointing, and you end up feeling like you're doing the same mission you were doing some time earlier. The thing that really shines in this game is the multiplayer. Expect it to be a great experience, but its not the giant God that everyone makes it out to be. Expand
  91. PatrickL.
    Aug 24, 2005
    Halo 2 is the best multiplayer game ever.
  92. ZacheryG.
    Jul 8, 2006
    Good game but one was the most original.
  93. BenW.
    Feb 6, 2007
    This game is a great, quality shooter that easily captures the attention of all gamers.
  94. EthanL.
    Apr 30, 2007
    I really don't see how this game got so overrated in the first place. Graphics aren't bad, but with a stupid, repetitive, and predictable story line it isn't even comparable to Half-life 2. Also, gameplay offers nothing new, everything is been there done that. MUultiplayer isn't bad, but with an online community filled with immature 12 year olds it isn't worth it, I really don't see how this game got so overrated in the first place. Graphics aren't bad, but with a stupid, repetitive, and predictable story line it isn't even comparable to Half-life 2. Also, gameplay offers nothing new, everything is been there done that. MUultiplayer isn't bad, but with an online community filled with immature 12 year olds it isn't worth it, especially since you can get the same online experience buy getting HL2 and dling mods with the same multiplayer modes as Halo 2. Expand
  95. ApocalypseBrown
    Jun 9, 2007
    After years of hype finally people can see this game is massively over-rated. The single player is shite. No bones about saying it either. Terrible in fact, with only the humor keeping you interested. Multi player is where it's at. I think in future this game should only be an multi player title. Single player score: 4. Multi player score: 10. Average 7.
  96. DanielP
    Sep 13, 2009
    Easily the best FPS on the xbox. Great story, even with the cliffhanger ending. Great enemies and weapons. A little too short, but multiplayer adds a hell of alot of life to this game.
  97. LukeP
    Jan 2, 2010
    I can't tell you how great the moment i got this game and looking at the graphics. After playing NOTHING but Halo 1 for three years, seeing this games graphics stuned me. I spent hours just looking at the games graphics in awe. a great game in everyway
  98. DickSavage
    Jan 23, 2010
    I despise halo for all of is bribed reviews and garbage game play. But the story of the Arbiter is actually epic. He is sent on suicide missions and they still cant kill him. This one is the best of the series, which isn't saying much. The 5 I give it is 5 points higher than what i gave the other two.
  99. KeeenenFunk
    Nov 10, 2004
    Multiplayer perfection.
  100. Dave
    Nov 12, 2004
    Its great fun to pick up and play. What more do you want?
  101. Dec 3, 2012

#1 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#2 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Microsoft and Bungie have created a gigantic bell that sounds like thunder and reverberates with a fury worthy of a gale-force hurricane. It's not perfect, but get in front of it, and wonderful things - wonderful destructive things - are bound to happen. [Dec 2004, p.72]
  2. The digital surround sound is phenomenal (and the voice-acting peerless), and players with a good A/V system will enjoy hearing enemies approach from all sides due to the sharp positional sound.
    One of Halo 2 Online's best features - if not the best - is the statistics tracking system. [Online review]