Halo 2 Xbox

8.2

1. jjss
    Sep 20, 2007
    Greatest fps on a console...EVER. the single player was a little short and the ending was anticlimatic but MAN was it amazing while it lasted. then multiplayer...woo never got any sleep that year lol this game is a all time classic even better than the first.
  2. HenryN.
    May 20, 2008
    I'm really a fan of the first halo, and this game starts out delivering good gameplay, but after the first few levels the level designs become extremely repetitive (think library). The multiplayer is redeeming but many of the levels don't really feel balanced like halo1. This is a solid shooter but the first halo was superior. i would only check this out if you are a huge fan of I'm really a fan of the first halo, and this game starts out delivering good gameplay, but after the first few levels the level designs become extremely repetitive (think library). The multiplayer is redeeming but many of the levels don't really feel balanced like halo1. This is a solid shooter but the first halo was superior. i would only check this out if you are a huge fan of the series. Just don't go in expecting greatness. Expand
  3. aaronb
    Apr 1, 2009
    it is high-detailed and has a really tremendous story. even the multiplayer mission mode is really good. and let's not forget all the bugs & bounces! this game is really worth playing!!!
  4. SteveP.
    Nov 11, 2004
    It's easy to distinguish those who have played the game and those who have not - like Kevin C. Reviews should be based on your opinion of the game after having played it for a while, not on reading some reviews and concluding it's a disappointment because IGN or some other site gave it a 98 rather than 100. I've played the single player campaign only - and it is phenomenal. It's easy to distinguish those who have played the game and those who have not - like Kevin C. Reviews should be based on your opinion of the game after having played it for a while, not on reading some reviews and concluding it's a disappointment because IGN or some other site gave it a 98 rather than 100. I've played the single player campaign only - and it is phenomenal. The action is unmatched, the graphics are top-notch and the sound is outstanding. I think the game is totally worth the price based solely on the single player campaign, the multiplayer component is added value. I've played Half-Life (excellent and I can't wait for the sequel) and Unreal Tournament (boring and repetitive - I traded the damn thing in), and I can honestly say, based on my gameplay experience, that Halo 2 is one of the best games I have ever played. Expand
  5. BendO.
    Nov 10, 2004
    This is gonna be the best best game of the year because everything is more advanced.
  6. GregD.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Wow, ok if you all hate the game so much, ill buy them all off you, then sell them on e-bay for $200. This game made $80,000,000 in two hours, Lets see the cool people who gave the game 0-5 ratings, create somthing like that. People spent thousands of working hours to make this game, deadlines, bugs, research, project costs, its not easy. So every time you give this game 0-5 just rember Wow, ok if you all hate the game so much, ill buy them all off you, then sell them on e-bay for $200. This game made $80,000,000 in two hours, Lets see the cool people who gave the game 0-5 ratings, create somthing like that. People spent thousands of working hours to make this game, deadlines, bugs, research, project costs, its not easy. So every time you give this game 0-5 just rember some poor guy or girl was up all night 7 days a week to make this thing, and i dont think they appreciate your ignorant opinon. Expand
  7. EdS.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Halo was a fun game. It balanced the elements well. The thing I feared most was that Bungie would try to make it "better" and make all kinds of changes. Halo 2 was an incremental step forward: nicer graphics, online play, and a couple of other enhancements. Initially I like it better than Halo (1) which I would have rated a 10. So a 10 it is for Halo 2. And for those of you malcontents Halo was a fun game. It balanced the elements well. The thing I feared most was that Bungie would try to make it "better" and make all kinds of changes. Halo 2 was an incremental step forward: nicer graphics, online play, and a couple of other enhancements. Initially I like it better than Halo (1) which I would have rated a 10. So a 10 it is for Halo 2. And for those of you malcontents who are comparing it the Half Life: at least we can play Halo 2. Can you play Half Life 2??? Expand
  8. RobM.
    Nov 10, 2004
    First of all, I can't believe they're 220 votes already up on this game which has been out for basically 24 hours. Secondly - I REALLY can't believe how utterly spoiled some y'all are for hating on this game. I've played this game for roughly 30 minutes, and I'm already dumbfounded how sick this game is. In the past 3 weeks I've picked up Mortal Kombat: First of all, I can't believe they're 220 votes already up on this game which has been out for basically 24 hours. Secondly - I REALLY can't believe how utterly spoiled some y'all are for hating on this game. I've played this game for roughly 30 minutes, and I'm already dumbfounded how sick this game is. In the past 3 weeks I've picked up Mortal Kombat: Deception, Dead Or Alive Ultamite, NBA 2005, and now Halo 2. Golden time for games and you ingrates who are knockin should appreciate it. Expand
  9. TinkReloaded
    Nov 11, 2004
    I didin't do any reading up on the game so I was surprised to have the multi-character game play and the depth of the story line. I haven't finished it yet, so I can only anticipate where it can go from here. I'm impressed by everything except the inability to use the mellee attack while holding two weapons.
  10. AngelicaJ.
    Nov 12, 2004
    This game is a great game and it will be a hit until furthermore. [Ed: until when?]
  11. JoeaceL.
    This game kicks ass.
  12. BruceB
    Nov 13, 2004
    OK, first of all, all who believe this game is overrated is either a PS2 fanboy, or a complete dumba$$. this game is amazing, and the story, though short, is strong. xbox owners rejoice, there is finally a Halo killer.
  13. JonG.
    Nov 13, 2004
    This game is unbelivable! This game is a 10 no doubt. I have a playstation 2 and an xbox but no game on either system compares to halo 2. i recommend this game to everyone!
  14. Kaim
    Nov 14, 2004
    After playing Metroid Prime.. its hard not to see the game's shortcomings. Somewhat basic gameplay, frustrating weapon pick up system (slooow).. Fantastic atmosphere though. 'King of the Hill' mode in multiplayer is top fun. As is 'Juggernaught'
  15. TristanB.
    Nov 14, 2004
    Just like Halo this game is really awsome and a lot of fun to play. The only problem is the game is lacking in play time. Compared to the first Halo this game was short and it cut off without warning. The things I did like in this game was the larger variety in weapons, the amount of interactivity with the field and the vehicles, and of course the look of the game. The plot of the story Just like Halo this game is really awsome and a lot of fun to play. The only problem is the game is lacking in play time. Compared to the first Halo this game was short and it cut off without warning. The things I did like in this game was the larger variety in weapons, the amount of interactivity with the field and the vehicles, and of course the look of the game. The plot of the story was also a lot better but still not enough game play time. Expand
  16. DJBeanie
    Nov 10, 2004
    If you don't own an Xbox yet now would be reason to go out and get one. Even if it's the only game you'll ever buy it will be worth it. You better believe people will still be playing Halo 2 even with the Xuon (Xbox 2) having a few years into it's life cycle. Halo 2 is the first game ever to be deserving of a score higher than a 10.
  17. D.Z.
    Nov 14, 2004
    Buy it for the xbox live but please dont buy it just for the single player. it's sooo plain. nothing new from the original. plus the texture loading problem in cutscenes is like someone scratching across the blackboard. it's horrible! i think i am the only one that is not rationalizing my purchasing decision.
  18. MARIO
    Nov 10, 2004
    To the people that are complaining about falling and not getting hurt he is in a futuristic suet and it properly has a suspense or some thing and so what if they took out the scope on the pistol you do not have scopes on pistol most of the time any way. And by giving up the scope on the pistol they but a scope on a futuristic m16. so if you have a problem with some thing I sad you can To the people that are complaining about falling and not getting hurt he is in a futuristic suet and it properly has a suspense or some thing and so what if they took out the scope on the pistol you do not have scopes on pistol most of the time any way. And by giving up the scope on the pistol they but a scope on a futuristic m16. so if you have a problem with some thing I sad you can kiss my fat Italian ass. Expand
  19. KasperBeach
    Nov 15, 2004
    This game is not perfect, but is the best game ever. New weapons, and vehicles are excellent. I will be playing it until Halo 3.
  20. PatrickH.
    Nov 10, 2004
    I honestly can say it lived up to the hype. I still think it hasn't hit me on how totally awsome this game is. It is truely overwhemling.
  21. LordSlug
    Nov 10, 2004
    EXCELLENT GAME! Its like reading an award-winning novel, playing an awesome game and watching an awesome movie all at the same time. The dual weapons are fantastic and the graphics are awesome. Most graphics on PS2 games are nothing compared to Halo 2. It's da best FPS EVER MADE.
  22. RogerW.
    Nov 18, 2004
    No multiplayer co-op. What were they thinking???
  23. KingJustice
    Nov 10, 2004
    It's been worth the wait, it took me a hour just to open the plastic once i got it. hands down the best game in history. i could not have dreamed of a better game, xbox has clearly out boxed the other consoles with halo 2. it will be years before any consoles come with a game to match halo 2.
  24. Kyle
    Perfect.
  25. RichardC.
    Nov 20, 2004
    It goes without saying that, after the majesty of the original, I was twisted with anticipation waiting for what I thought would be an experience to savour. Surely the time between games would have been spent bettering the original...surely? All I can say is that the Halo 2 experience is distinctly underwhelming. Graphically, and I really hope it's just me, but is it really, really It goes without saying that, after the majesty of the original, I was twisted with anticipation waiting for what I thought would be an experience to savour. Surely the time between games would have been spent bettering the original...surely? All I can say is that the Halo 2 experience is distinctly underwhelming. Graphically, and I really hope it's just me, but is it really, really patchy and poor? The cutscene quality is appalling at times. I could hardly believe seeing it at first. Was there so much of a rush and pressure to meet deadlines that they cut corners and left rough edges unpolished? Why else would the game look and feel as clunky as it does? Has anyone tried playing the original after a few hours of the newer? How does it feel? The audio is sad as well. 5.1? I'd settle for simple effects being audible and defined. I'd love to gush about how amazing this game is but sadly, as a simple game player, my disappointment has proven more telling and truthful than all the hype Chairman Bill can throw at me. Halo 2: a parasitic doppelganger that imitates poorly the radiance of the original host. Expand
  26. J.J.King
    Nov 22, 2004
    Great game aside from a lackluster single player campaign, but who cares about sp when you ve got stellar multiplayer via xbox live?
  27. RyanG.
    Nov 22, 2004
    I loved this game overall cin. are great gameplay was awsome wasn't as much action as there was in number 1 im a little dissapointed that they took the pistol out but it was pretty cool that you could throw boxes around and onlines great its deffenatly better than counter strike.
  28. DudeSweet
    Nov 23, 2004
    I think it was worth the wait becuase online play is unreal even thought halo 1 did almost beat it in that subject....the whole game was short and the levels were long even though when u played basically 1 u were playin 5. It was pretty good though i did like it. i love online play thats worth it.
  29. SteveG.
    Nov 25, 2004
    i dont get it. why is this game supposed to be the best thing out. plz explain to me, cause from what i see it ain't anything special.
  30. Stingdog
    Nov 26, 2004
    You kow for everyone who has said how crappy the story you havn't named a better fps story ITS NOT AN RPG PEOPLE ITS A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER!!! WHERE U SHOOT THINGS!!! plus the ending was not that bad it was a cliffhanger just because u people were so happy the game was out and u played it for 15 hours straight on normal doesnt mean the game is too short try the other difficulties You kow for everyone who has said how crappy the story you havn't named a better fps story ITS NOT AN RPG PEOPLE ITS A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER!!! WHERE U SHOOT THINGS!!! plus the ending was not that bad it was a cliffhanger just because u people were so happy the game was out and u played it for 15 hours straight on normal doesnt mean the game is too short try the other difficulties they're different. Plus its the best Live game by far. If you dont like this game then u should just throw out ur xbox now. Expand
  31. MonsterMash
    Nov 26, 2004
    Sorry, I can't give this game a good review. I live in a rural area, so Xbox Live is no option for me. I otherwise have found a bland, repetitive, boring game with no improvements from Halo 1, and a much worse storyline. It's too bad that Halo3 won't be out for probably another three years, but then again, maybe it's not such a bad thing. After this stinker, I Sorry, I can't give this game a good review. I live in a rural area, so Xbox Live is no option for me. I otherwise have found a bland, repetitive, boring game with no improvements from Halo 1, and a much worse storyline. It's too bad that Halo3 won't be out for probably another three years, but then again, maybe it's not such a bad thing. After this stinker, I won't be holding my breath for the next game. I'm trading my Xbox in for a PS2 so I can get GTA:SA. Expand
  32. LordVader
    Nov 29, 2004
    This was a hard one to call, I have been waiting for this game since completing the first one but having completed this one, have found Halo 2 somewhat...lacking. I'm not sure what it is but it just doesn't have that 'Halo Spark'. The ending is a disgrace, it really does feel like the game has been halved and I cannot help but wonder if Microsoft are going to do a This was a hard one to call, I have been waiting for this game since completing the first one but having completed this one, have found Halo 2 somewhat...lacking. I'm not sure what it is but it just doesn't have that 'Halo Spark'. The ending is a disgrace, it really does feel like the game has been halved and I cannot help but wonder if Microsoft are going to do a surprise announcement in early 2005 to say "Good news Halo 2 fans!!! We have another 15 levels of Halo 2 coming out in Feb 2005, yea for us!. Well, you'll excuse me if I don't applaud, shame on you MS and shame on you Bungie for allowing this to happen, the single player was incredibly short (50% short in fact). But it's not all bad news, the graphics are the best on the box and Multiplayer is fantastic. it's for this alone that the game gets 7/10 from me. I may be wrong about the extra 15 levels in Feb but wait and see. Hey Bill, what's next? Halo 3 - Home and Pro editions? The Pro version having ALL the single players levels??? Expand
  33. BarrieT.
    Nov 4, 2004
    WOW, the multiplayer alone blew me away.
  34. LowievanG.
    Nov 6, 2004
    This is the best xbox game yet!!!
  35. PhilS
    Nov 6, 2004
    A great game so far (haven't played alot of it), it's got this feel about it that immediately draws you in, I give this game 9.5 (closest score was 10)
  36. DavidR.
    Nov 7, 2004
    Awesome game! I couldnt imagine it would be so good. Thumbs up for Bungie and Microsoft. best game on Xbox this far.
  37. ChadB.
    Nov 8, 2004
    This game dissapointed me very much. I can't believe I was lied to or led the wrong way. I got it and the game is not all that it is hyped to be. The multiplayer is good... yea yea so what. But there is a thing called single player, and that is what counts to me. That is what the first person counts to me. O yea... Bungie... you suck.
  38. RabhB.
    Nov 8, 2004
    BEST GAMER EVER, it is l33t and pwns all n00bs. the game takes a whole new perspective and era into console first person shooters.
  39. AndrewM.
    Nov 8, 2004
    Plays like the original, has a few tweaks that make multiplayer gaming more entertaining but there are too many fireworks, too much "I save the world like a Starship trooper" elements and no innovation. Seen it somewhere before and done it... Good for parties though.
  40. fe1i%T.
    Nov 8, 2004
    The game story line is awesome including al the new weapons enemys vehicles etc, etc, etc HAL@ 2 Beats All Games DOWN TO THE GROUND!
  41. JohnG.
    Nov 8, 2004
    Easily the best Xbox First Person Shooter ever created. It has more of everything, with great graphics and brilliant gameplay!
  42. Jamal
    Not so good.
  43. EddieG.
    Nov 8, 2004
    Halo 2 is not just a game, it is a all consuming experiece, that grabs hold of you and never lets go. This game has delivered beyond all the hype--halo 2 is pop culture. ps. hey game reviewers--- your days are few and numbered. very soon the gamers will have a true voice. and you will be held accountable for you scores(game spot) The new mag and site are coming soon!!! [Ed: scary!]
  44. Chopin
    Nov 9, 2004
    Very, very, very, very kickass. Singleplayer and multiplayer deliver just as everyone hoped they would. however: this game is still overrated. it does NOT beat all games down to the ground. compared to how revolutionary HL2 is, this game seems like not that much. BUT if you have an Xbox, then there is no question about buying this game.
  45. RoyDM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Great game multi is awsome graphics awsome everthing else awesome what else is thier to say. best console game ever
  46. JimboD.
    Oct 19, 2004
    One printed gold DVD has been stolen, ripped and is now available on warez-sites one month earlier. :/ That sucks.
  47. ArnoldB.
    Nov 9, 2004
    The only people who dilike it are those who want to see it fail mearly because it is on xbox or because they are pc fanboys who cannot see past there hard drive mrrrrrrrr.
  48. Anthony
    Nov 9, 2004
    Its awesome! Just as good as the first Halo. I love double weapons and picking up swords. Halo 2 is one of the best (or is) games ever! Buy it Now! you won't regret it.
  49. Halo1Fanatic
    Nov 9, 2004
    Extremely disappointing.. not a sh.tty game.. but for all they hype that it got... it sucks... weapons are not fun to use for hte most part.. grenades bounce all over the place.. you can fall from 100000 feet and live without losing any energy.. you jump about 50 feet in the air.. enemies look small and not intimidating.
  50. StivenB.
    Nov 9, 2004
    (score 9.7). Firstly, anyone whom gave this game a score of say less than 6 is in my opinion an idiot. 'Halo 1 Fanatic' below, you say that this game is not a sh.tty game but you give it a '0'. Yeah you're disappointed and it didn't met your expectations but it really a zero. 98% of people on here wouldn't think so. Then Tom C below says he's (score 9.7). Firstly, anyone whom gave this game a score of say less than 6 is in my opinion an idiot. 'Halo 1 Fanatic' below, you say that this game is not a sh.tty game but you give it a '0'. Yeah you're disappointed and it didn't met your expectations but it really a zero. 98% of people on here wouldn't think so. Then Tom C below says he's disappointed because its too fast. Wake up from your 'I don't want anything to change' views and move on. The world doesn't stand still. Get used to the controls and you will find them adjusting like the first. There are good and bad points in this game but they should not be too distracting. As an exmaple why does the light distinguish after a few seconds rather than after a minute or so in the first? The fact that this game (excluding game control and plot) has the best graphics and sound) is testament to the ability of this machine and warrants some rating at least here. You can please some people all of the time and you can please all people some of the time but you can't please ALL people ALL of the time. Expand
  51. Ghost
    Nov 9, 2004
    This game sucks. the weapons are weak, and i swear ive seen them somewhere else...oh yeah Unreal Tournament 2004. and that game is way better. like the other reviews said, you can fall from any distance and nothing happens. the maps look the same, just with different names, and the other maps are way to big if you only want to play with like 4 people.
  52. MattA.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Has anyone considered the possibility that Halo 2 plays alot like Halo because a) its the sequel and b) Halo is still an awesome game and really doesn't need too much new stuff? Excellent story, lots of dead aliens, and fantastic multiplayer. If any game deserves a perfect score, this is it.
  53. BitBurn
    Nov 9, 2004
    A little repetitive. Some improvement graphically. Solid multiplayer support. But overall it's pretty good.
  54. KyleF.
    Nov 9, 2004
    The greatest...love duel wield.
  55. RooshiP.
    Nov 9, 2004
    how can u guyz not vote a 10 out of 10 on this game. it went past all my expectations. HALO 2 RULES!!!!
  56. DominicU.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Looks amasing new levels new wepons new vehicles new story line a must buy game.
  57. DoodleBerry
    Dec 1, 2004
    Not a bad game, but not worth the hype. I waited too long for this game, and I'm disappointed. Like someone else said, the great scenes that were at E3 aren't in the game. Unreal 2004 is a much better structured game, and more balanced. Give me my pistol back! Too much hype over this game. Microsoft just lost one Xbox2 sale.
  58. ZackO.
    Dec 11, 2004
    I agree with C tunnel. This game is not near worth the hype it is getting. i just played it for about 2 hours at my friends house, both single player and multiplayer, and there is nothing great about this game. it is identical to any other decent FPS out there. The multiplayer requires no brains or strategy, and all you do is jump around and blast your SMG. The capabilities of the playerI agree with C tunnel. This game is not near worth the hype it is getting. i just played it for about 2 hours at my friends house, both single player and multiplayer, and there is nothing great about this game. it is identical to any other decent FPS out there. The multiplayer requires no brains or strategy, and all you do is jump around and blast your SMG. The capabilities of the player are so limited that it is hard to try to do anytyhing smart. all you can do is run jump and crouch. wow, thats AMAZING. The maps are god awful, and the mechanics of the sword are horrible. i played a swords only match, and it was the most boring experience of my life. there is no variety to what will happen. you just run up to the guy and try to hit him first. wow, thats fun. If you want a really good FPS, get Call of Duty for the PC. Expand
  59. C.Tunnel
    Dec 10, 2004
    Halo 2 doesn't live up to it's hype. I was waiting a long time for this game - watching all of the previews, buying all the magazines, reading all the boards. I waited in line for this game, got it home, turned it on, and almost cried. It was CRAP! Single player was horrible, multiplayer has no small maps, no bots or anything. The weapons now suck and are all automatic for the Halo 2 doesn't live up to it's hype. I was waiting a long time for this game - watching all of the previews, buying all the magazines, reading all the boards. I waited in line for this game, got it home, turned it on, and almost cried. It was CRAP! Single player was horrible, multiplayer has no small maps, no bots or anything. The weapons now suck and are all automatic for the stupid players. I'm risking Carpal Tunnel syndrom for this piece of garbage? Not anymore. I think it will be funny. Ten years from now people who spent a whack of money on that game will be in debt, have bad wrists, and still will be delusional about the game's success. I agree with one of the guys here who said that people who give the game perfect don't ever point out why. A game needs to be flawless to get a ten. This game is nowhere near flawless. It might be a good rental, but that's about it. Expand
  60. DavetheWave
    Dec 1, 2004
    This is an extraordinarily good game. The single player game was fun, but it's the multiplayer that will last me for hours and hours for the next couple of years. I would have given the original Halo a 10 and this sequel is even better.
  61. DreB.
    Good game.
    Oct 21, 2004
    This game rocks and yes I have played it.
  63. JaycenA'mour
    Dec 1, 2004
    Best FPS ever but should of been twice as long. I keep playing it but hope that 2.5 is coming out in feb.
  64. EfeB.
    Dec 16, 2004
    Halo 2 is very similar to the first game and that is good in most ways. it tries to out do the first game by complicating events and stories and whatever, thats not so good. the good thing with the first one was that it was so simple. now, you can play as the elite alien race, and back to master chief and back to the aliens and those ugly zombies are back...pretty confusing. the maps areHalo 2 is very similar to the first game and that is good in most ways. it tries to out do the first game by complicating events and stories and whatever, thats not so good. the good thing with the first one was that it was so simple. now, you can play as the elite alien race, and back to master chief and back to the aliens and those ugly zombies are back...pretty confusing. the maps are pretty, the action is amazing. some levels have you flying banshee's and its done alot better this time around. vehicles get damage very nicelly, all the physics and rag doll deaths are cool. weapons are better too, duel wielding is nice but not amazing, because throwing granades remains crucial. the uzi like gun is fun and makes the action seem "earthly". havent finished but i am not dying to play it over and over like i did the first halo...maybe we are all used to this halo series, so not much of a shock there. i play battlefront star wars...now, that's a masterpiece!!!! Expand
  65. MattL.
    Dec 2, 2004
    This game online is one of the best online games ever, you can paly up to 18 players and talk to all your team mates. Its even better when you play capture the flag or assault. The bigger levels are alot more fun now for more open ranges sniping
  66. RobertC.
    Dec 22, 2004
    The best action,shooting game i play but i like halo 1 better i dont know wy.
  67. JamesT.Kirk
    Dec 23, 2004
    I have this game, no i am not a mindless drone but this game has story, guns and incredible graphics. It earned my vote.
  68. OlgaG.
    Dec 27, 2004
    Not as addictive as halo once was. they removed and modified weapons that work, example the assault rifle which by the way my favourite weapon replaced it with a battle rifle which feels like a beretta handgun with burstfire, pistol 2nd most fav. weapon replaced it with a magnum with a fast fire rate not very accurate in aiming, shotgun third fav weapon in halo1 they changed the fire rateNot as addictive as halo once was. they removed and modified weapons that work, example the assault rifle which by the way my favourite weapon replaced it with a battle rifle which feels like a beretta handgun with burstfire, pistol 2nd most fav. weapon replaced it with a magnum with a fast fire rate not very accurate in aiming, shotgun third fav weapon in halo1 they changed the fire rate into a very slow innefective against the brutes, flood, covenant. Smg is very useless weapon it sounds like a tiny firecracker. The most blasphemous thing they did was dual weapon, crucial part of halo1 was shoot then hide to reload, but halo2 it was shoot and shoot and shoot, using needler and plasma rifle was best combination for dual weapon pity i aint feelin the dual weapon. the death of masterchief why did they introduce arbiter, arbiter seems to outshines masterchiefs traits and new weapons, with stealth camouflage the marines doesnt , difficult for marines to approach a wraith in heroic mode compared to arbiters stealth camo its more forgiving to play. if it aint broke dont fixed, too many changes in marines scarce ammo like deus ex2 same problem. dont like to keep changing weapons becoz its always depleted. the biggest mistakes is dual weapon, tell me how can i throw a grenade if im using a dl wp by the time i switched to a sigle wp the enemy already scattered, how can they overlook the crucial elements on halo1 gameplay. the adrenaline rush you feel in halo1 is gone, why? becoz the weapons in halo2 doesnt feel right its not equally exciting while using the assault rifle in halo1, you could really feel the weapon(this feels right) final word, bad changes, dual weapon big no no no, adrenaline rush type of weapon is gone. Expand
  69. GordonF.
    Dec 27, 2004
    This game is awesome, everyone says the ending sucks, its good, cuz that makes room for Halo 3, and Halo 2.5 is coming out on XBox 2, so stop crying, it has everything that was left out of Halo 2, and the ATV will probably be in there. and this is not the best game ever, but it is one of them, Half-Life 2 is alot better than Halo 2
  70. RustyDusty
    Dec 4, 2004
    This is the best game ever!!!
  71. OPA
    Oct 25, 2004
    Halo 2 is soooo supahc00l... Yeah, they got duals in this one... Wooohoooo!
  72. JackP.
    Dec 6, 2004
    Good Graphics, fantastic gameplay, repetitive and bland level design... multiplayer should have had A.I. bots.
  73. BrandonB.
    Dec 6, 2004
    This game was good. But I don't think it was as good as the first one. The levels on the game were change completly and it change the way halo was. They also change some of the weapons and how they work. They did great on the graphics. The biggest disapointment was the story. They story and it's ending was horrible. I think the online play makes up for it all though. Good game This game was good. But I don't think it was as good as the first one. The levels on the game were change completly and it change the way halo was. They also change some of the weapons and how they work. They did great on the graphics. The biggest disapointment was the story. They story and it's ending was horrible. I think the online play makes up for it all though. Good game but not as good as hoped:( Expand
  74. Ehuh
    Dec 6, 2004
    All you pc boys out there get a life, halo 2 rocks!!!!!
  75. MasterChump
    Dec 8, 2004
    Is it just me that notices that people who give the game perfect scores have no reason? Answer - They've been brainwashed by Microsoft's advertising, waiting for the game, and preordering schnanegans. Meanwhile, those who didn't have a clock on their wall counting down the days to the release, see the game for what it really is. It's a weak, watered down version of the Is it just me that notices that people who give the game perfect scores have no reason? Answer - They've been brainwashed by Microsoft's advertising, waiting for the game, and preordering schnanegans. Meanwhile, those who didn't have a clock on their wall counting down the days to the release, see the game for what it really is. It's a weak, watered down version of the first game. The first game was linear, repetitive, and not that imaginative. There was so much more potential. The second game improves in some areas, but also makes others worse. Dual-weiliding is nice, but more tedious and ammo-wasting than anything else. The storyline stinks, and the multiplayer can't be played with anything less than 16 or so people - the maps are just too damn big. Vehicles are done much better in Unreal Tournament 2004. Halo 2 doesn't have the flair and solid performance of the first game. Hopefully, Halo 3 will be better, but I'm not holding my breath. It if is the first game for Xbox2 like people have been saying, I won't be paying my hard earned money for it. Expand
  76. DillinL.
    It's awesome.
  77. GaryB.
    Dec 8, 2004
    Okay, so what we have here is a fairly decent game with not bad graphics and fun multiplayer. But to be brief, this is why the game isn't a masterpiece or anywhere near it: 1) awful single player which I was bored of by the 4th level 2) plot confusing because of emotionless master chief and pointless Arbiter. 3) Graphics pretty square and Master Cheif is still a polygon block. 4) Okay, so what we have here is a fairly decent game with not bad graphics and fun multiplayer. But to be brief, this is why the game isn't a masterpiece or anywhere near it: 1) awful single player which I was bored of by the 4th level 2) plot confusing because of emotionless master chief and pointless Arbiter. 3) Graphics pretty square and Master Cheif is still a polygon block. 4) Downgraded weapons 5) Awful level design 6) Poor enemy A.I. 7) multiplayer only effective when connected to a Network hub 8) No destructive enviroment 9) No peeking round corners 10) No running twice as fast Just go rent this one, or better yet save your money and get Half-Life 2, which is a lot better. Expand
  78. BillyBob
    Oct 29, 2004
    After completing the game i found that this game is no diffrent from the first game. because there are no improvments over the original gamplay and the fact that that they are being lazy in stating that halo 2 is all about multiplayer this game deserves a big 2
  79. MasterChief
    Jul 18, 2004
    Poor level design Uninteresting story Uninteresting enemies Dated gameplay Unbalanced weapons Sluggish controls only 30 frames per second Some poor multiplayer maps Those were all problems of the first, and so far it doesn't look like much has changed. While Halo 2 has some new features, it still features dated gameplay, and uninteresting enemies, story and levels.
  80. JaceN.
    Nov 19, 2005
    I'm a much bigger Half-Life fan than Halo, but it is a good game. It deffenaly has on of (if not the) greatest vehicular combat in a FPS, and the multiplayer is great. But i'm more big on Long, Griping Single Players than Great Multiplayers. The single player thought short is fun, but has little replay value, and the story is intreaging. But where this gave is it's I'm a much bigger Half-Life fan than Halo, but it is a good game. It deffenaly has on of (if not the) greatest vehicular combat in a FPS, and the multiplayer is great. But i'm more big on Long, Griping Single Players than Great Multiplayers. The single player thought short is fun, but has little replay value, and the story is intreaging. But where this gave is it's multipalyer, it's worth getting the game just for that. I would recomend this game espasaly if you have Xbox Live. Expand
  81. Stingdog
    Jan 12, 2005
    I think it's funny how there can be so many idiots who really dont think before they post. All you people are complaining that halo 2 is just halo one with some upgrades and new levels and better graphics. well since its called HALO 2 i would think it would be a sequel. In sequels u dont change a lot. But w/e u can keep saying how killzone (one of the crappiest games ive owned) isI think it's funny how there can be so many idiots who really dont think before they post. All you people are complaining that halo 2 is just halo one with some upgrades and new levels and better graphics. well since its called HALO 2 i would think it would be a sequel. In sequels u dont change a lot. But w/e u can keep saying how killzone (one of the crappiest games ive owned) is better. HALO 2 ROCKS! Expand
  82. GaryW.
    Jan 1, 2005
    If you dont have xbox live this is disappointing, graphical popup, over sensitive controls, stupidier ai than last time and very few memorable or smile inducing areas, not enough new ideas.
  83. NewtonW.
    Jan 15, 2005
    I love this game, i cant' stop playing the multiplayer. it is possibly the best multiplayer game ever.
  84. ShaunM.
    Nov 5, 2005
    Most overrated game ever. If you want one of the best shooters ever, go seek out Doom, Quake II, or Perfect Dark. The only thing that keeps people playing it is the online competition... not the game itself. Any game could have done this had it been introduced in the same manner on a console with such wide online support.
  85. TDK80700
    Jan 19, 2005
    This is one of the best games out this year and all. the down side to the game is the fact that its short but it atleast shows use that there will be a Halo3. But the online gaming is crazy i think its crazy and its fun at anytime of the day.
  86. AlistairF.
    Jan 21, 2005
    Halo 2 - The biggest let down in gaming history? Probably. Halo 2 is not a bad game as such, its just that nothing stands out and their are better FPS games on the Xbox including Halo and Chronicles of Riddick to name a couple. So whats wrong with the game? Well the graphics do look better close up, but the texture pop-up is quite bad and you can see the texture change to a more basic one Halo 2 - The biggest let down in gaming history? Probably. Halo 2 is not a bad game as such, its just that nothing stands out and their are better FPS games on the Xbox including Halo and Chronicles of Riddick to name a couple. So whats wrong with the game? Well the graphics do look better close up, but the texture pop-up is quite bad and you can see the texture change to a more basic one after just a few steps back from the object. So they are not really pushing the graphics in any way. They have addedd better models and more detailed textures at the expense of having quite a lot of pop-up to keep the frame rate up. The story is pretty poor also, it does not feel as epic as the first game, they could have had a massive struggle on Earth between Humans and Covenant but they took the story in other directions, which I feel was to the detrement of the game. They should have kept the story simple, it worked with the first game, why change it? I dont want to give anything away but the ending feels like a cop out too and that their is a few levels missing from the end. The multiplayer system is a good idea and the match up system works quite well in matching you with equal players, the only problem is that the actual multiplayer gameplay is not as good as Halo 1. Its basically just a "spray-a-thon" first one to pull the trigger wins. The lack of health has taken all strategy away from the games. The CTF and other team modes should have been quite good but most people who play online seem to completely misunderstand the idea of team play so its a frustrating waste of time. The level design with exception of two or three is quite uninspiring. On the plus side the game controls are great and the AI has improved a bit. It also sounds quite good. Its an average game that really doesnt justify the Hype that surrounded it. Expand
  87. SnakeSniper
    Jan 24, 2005
    One of the greatest games of all time for xbox and probably will continue to be the greatest until Halo 2 as we all know it is comming with the ending of halo 2. I think that the 2 idiots above that rated 70,67 need to replay the game or get the hell out of the gaming industry, if a game like that bores you get a new job imbecile.
  88. BazRam
    Jan 26, 2005
    Great game, best FPS out there...I am so tired of these jealous play station owners putting up bad reviews for this game...go and play GTA :)
  89. Ian
    Jan 30, 2005
    This game lived up to its expectations! This was a great game. For all the others reading the posts that give it a bad rating thats just their opinion. Halo is like trying a new food. You eitheir like it or you dont. So I suggest renting it first. But IMO (in my opinion) I would recommend it to anyone!
  90. JohnK.
    Jan 7, 2005
    Incredible Game. Worthy of all highest accolades!
  91. MikeT.
    Jan 8, 2005
    people who give this something not in the green. ie less than 8. are completely frikkin lame- im looking at u ps2 fanboys.
  92. Jared
    Feb 13, 2005
    I didnt like the alien levels. all others were good the first time but only the first time except the first earth level and kind of the second. multiplayer was ok. 1'D
  93. EricT.
    Feb 14, 2005
    I cannot believe how many in-the-middle-of-pms kind of ignorant people gave this game a 1 or 0. Seriously, look at it. It's beautiful. It's amazing. It's Halo 2. Excuse me? Run-of-the-mill online play??? Go to bungie.net, join it, and look at your games you've played online. It's simply genius. The matchmaking-even though you get mowed over at the beginning, you I cannot believe how many in-the-middle-of-pms kind of ignorant people gave this game a 1 or 0. Seriously, look at it. It's beautiful. It's amazing. It's Halo 2. Excuse me? Run-of-the-mill online play??? Go to bungie.net, join it, and look at your games you've played online. It's simply genius. The matchmaking-even though you get mowed over at the beginning, you begin to learn and go through the ranks, not playing against level 27s or level 1s. You get stuck with people that you have a chance against. The single player was great....still trying to beat it in legendary.....but one disappointing thing, something SO disappointing it brought this amazing rating down one point-the sad ripoff of an ending.....HEY MASTER CHIEF!!!! We can finish this fight, then we can go on to HALO 3!!!! Am I the only one here who has a brain enough to notice how amazingly good this game is? Am I??? Expand
  94. JackRJC.
    Feb 16, 2005
    Say over-hyped!
  95. AdamM.
    Feb 19, 2005
    The game play is awesome. The music rocks. But the graphics are alittle edgy sometimes. But over all this game rocks.
  96. LeoM.
    Feb 20, 2005
    More replay than any other game. didn't lose its roots from the original game.
  97. Z
    Feb 27, 2005
    If I could give the game a 9.9 I would, but 10 is close enough. No game in history can match Halo 2 in terms of graphics, sound effects, music, AI, gameplay or story. The greatest video games ever made. Period.
  98. WilhoH.
    Feb 7, 2005
    I have never been so addicted to a game. Simply Beautiful.
  99. ScottH.
    Mar 27, 2005
    The campaign was a little boring, but I really bought it for the Xbox Live. For XBL users, it is a must-buy, otherwise, maybe just rent or borrow.
  100. RaymonB.
    Apr 10, 2005
    This game is phat it gets me and my friends together about every week i certainly look forward to halo3.

#1 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#2 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Microsoft and Bungie have created a gigantic bell that sounds like thunder and reverberates with a fury worthy of a gale-force hurricane. It's not perfect, but get in front of it, and wonderful things - wonderful destructive things - are bound to happen. [Dec 2004, p.72]
  2. The digital surround sound is phenomenal (and the voice-acting peerless), and players with a good A/V system will enjoy hearing enemies approach from all sides due to the sharp positional sound.
    One of Halo 2 Online's best features - if not the best - is the statistics tracking system. [Online review]