7.8

1. NickW.
    Oct 11, 2005
    I don't know what all the fuss is about with this game, it has a poor story, and the controls are silly! Repeatively hitting the L and R triggers to do 10 lots of push ups five times in a row is not my idea of fun, but I perserved thinking the story may redeem the control issue, but alas it didn't. Also sometimes the camera changes when you are walking making you walk back in I don't know what all the fuss is about with this game, it has a poor story, and the controls are silly! Repeatively hitting the L and R triggers to do 10 lots of push ups five times in a row is not my idea of fun, but I perserved thinking the story may redeem the control issue, but alas it didn't. Also sometimes the camera changes when you are walking making you walk back in the direction you came from! Overall a big disappointment. Expand
  2. Matthew
    Sep 24, 2005
    Ok it started off being original and cool, I really loved the murder mystery, but I just played through it and it gets worse and worse and worse. It turns into your basic Matrix/DarkCity/DragonBallZ rip off full of a lot of lame cliched stuff and totally departing from what it started as. I can except a little fantasy at the start but where this goes is just in the wrong direction. It was Ok it started off being original and cool, I really loved the murder mystery, but I just played through it and it gets worse and worse and worse. It turns into your basic Matrix/DarkCity/DragonBallZ rip off full of a lot of lame cliched stuff and totally departing from what it started as. I can except a little fantasy at the start but where this goes is just in the wrong direction. It was pretty fun, but those who rate the game in the 80's obviously didn't play it to start to finish. Expand
  3. Bagman
    Oct 21, 2005
    Rather innovative game, gets a little repetitive towards the end and the story really falls apart in the final third. All in all not a bad way to blow 7 hours on a game. Some replay value. Need to ratchet up the graphics though for the next installment.
  4. SamS.
    Oct 5, 2005
    Probably one of the most innovative games ever to hit the Xbox. It starts with an interesting murder, then a scary moment, a perfect score and good gameplay. I was actually quite happy with the game until the really wierd fight scene that was almost laughable. It was a great game right until the ending.
  5. JonK.
    Sep 24, 2005
    This game starts off brilliantly - I mean, *brilliantly*. You have committed a murder and you have to decide what to do. You start out in control... but you soon lose that. It starts to over-rely on the two minigames it employs; button-hammering for "effort" activities and Dance mat style precision for "skill" activities. Fail in those games, and you have to try again; succeed, and all This game starts off brilliantly - I mean, *brilliantly*. You have committed a murder and you have to decide what to do. You start out in control... but you soon lose that. It starts to over-rely on the two minigames it employs; button-hammering for "effort" activities and Dance mat style precision for "skill" activities. Fail in those games, and you have to try again; succeed, and all you really get is an extended cutscene. This game starts out as an exciting new experience, and ends up as an enjoyable movie. My disappointment was such that I am tempted to rate it lower, but in truth it doesn't deserve that. The real breath of fresh air in this game is that it doesn't give you time to explore all opportunities: it is an adventure game with a sense of pace, where you never feel you have tried everything because there are questions you could have asked but didn't. Expand
  6. Rick
    Feb 28, 2006
    Yeah yeah...the whole game is well done, as in it does what it sets out to do. Atmospheric and at first interesting but gets very boring very quickly. I am maybe half way through and doubt I will re-hire this to finish it. Its not worthy of purchase. Its just so slow, then heats up with some action but the action doesnt really feel like action. The action sequences that it does have Yeah yeah...the whole game is well done, as in it does what it sets out to do. Atmospheric and at first interesting but gets very boring very quickly. I am maybe half way through and doubt I will re-hire this to finish it. Its not worthy of purchase. Its just so slow, then heats up with some action but the action doesnt really feel like action. The action sequences that it does have consist of move this direction, push that button which it flashes on screen just prior to you commencing the action. If you like this sort of thing just save GTA San Andreas before you dance on the beach mission or get into your low top and car bounce and then replay them missions over and over and over and...you get the message. Hire it, dont buy it. Expand
  7. KelR.
    Oct 25, 2005
    At first I thought this game was the cats meow, the story line (in the beginning) was incredible and inovative. It was all about suspense and intrigue. However, the last quater of the game I found to be rediculous. I won't spoil it for you, it'll spoil itself.
  8. MrGameplayer
    Sep 25, 2005
    looks beautiful, but i just couldnt get into the game due to it not making sense. Your this guy, then suddenly you get this vision and kill a person for no good reason, then you have to run away and hide and cover it up. It felt sick and twisted.

1. Probably the most enjoyable, forward-looking and thoughtful piece of videogaming we've played in this or in any year. We never thought we'd say this, but it's a real step forward for the adventure game genre.
  2. One of the most fresh, exiting and original games to come out for a long time; it's well presented, sounds great and offers something completely new. There are even a few sex scenes!
  3. As adventure games are becoming a rarity these days, out comes Quantic Dream's effort that totally hooks you in with its spellbinding story.