8.0

1. Nov 19, 2014
    I thought this game would be great, after all Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver 1 and 2 were fantastic games that I keep coming back to. Boy was I wrong! In Defiance you spend most of your time in the same boring circular room solving inane, boring puzzles and fighting lame enemies. It was also frustrating that Kane had apparently lost all of the really interesting power he had in BO2. TheI thought this game would be great, after all Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver 1 and 2 were fantastic games that I keep coming back to. Boy was I wrong! In Defiance you spend most of your time in the same boring circular room solving inane, boring puzzles and fighting lame enemies. It was also frustrating that Kane had apparently lost all of the really interesting power he had in BO2. The *only* reason to play this game is for the story.

Lets just hope that some day they'll make a final LoK game that finishes the story and more closely resembles BO2. Don't hold your breath though, it seems as though this franchise is dead now.

1. Both in gameplay styles and level design the game feels like you're playing the quest of a singular entity suffering from multiple personality disorder. Only a true fan could love such a challenged title.
  2. Nosgoth is a captivating place to exist in, decadent and elegant, shadowy and mysterious. [Jan 2004, p.56]
  3. The twisty story is compelling enough to pull you through the game like a rabbit tied to a rush-hour train. [Mar 2004, p.92]