Links 2004 Xbox

8.4

1. AlB.
    Nov 13, 2003
    I'm rather disappointed in this title, which may be due to my expectations having been too high for console golf. As a long time player of "Links" on the PC, I would simply say that the Xbox version seems to have derived more - much more, if not most - of it's heritage from EA Sports' Tiger Woods series than it has from it's own legacy. So why call it "Links" then, if I'm rather disappointed in this title, which may be due to my expectations having been too high for console golf. As a long time player of "Links" on the PC, I would simply say that the Xbox version seems to have derived more - much more, if not most - of it's heritage from EA Sports' Tiger Woods series than it has from it's own legacy. So why call it "Links" then, if it's not faithful to the franchise? Hopefully the game's only real advantage over its competition - Xbox Live / XSN Sports online play - will make up for some of the disappointment I am feeling. Collapse
  2. BobL.
    Nov 17, 2003
    If you have xbox live then this is the game to play.Very smooth with no lag. Hopefully there will be lots of courses for download.
  3. DaveR.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I have played both Tiger Woods 2004 and Links 2004 for the Xbox. The crown definitely goes to Links 2004 for creating a truly beautiful picturesque game that airs on the side of simulation. This game has better graphics, gameplay, audio, and computer AI. This is the hands down the best golf game on the market.
  4. JudeS.
    Nov 13, 2003
    This game is awesome. And it absolutely ROCKS if you have XBOX Live. In fact, it is more addictive than CRACK! I got my tail whooped tonight, but you can bet I'll be improving my skills over the next few days and weeks to come. Buy it NOW if you have XBOX Live and enjoy golf! It's a no-brainer...
  5. JoeT.
    Nov 17, 2003
    This game is outstanding if you are after a golf sim. The game is well made.
  6. Apr 11, 2017
    C'est loin d'être moche même de nos jours, bien présenté, bien emballé, du beau travail de ce côté là mais tout est gâché par ce contrôle du swing au stick gauche imprécis, foireux et chiant et c'est malheureusement la seule méthode proposée. A l'époque, j'avais lâché le jeu rapidement sans me souvenir exactement pourquoi : maintenant je sais. Bref, tellement mal foutu que le moindre coupC'est loin d'être moche même de nos jours, bien présenté, bien emballé, du beau travail de ce côté là mais tout est gâché par ce contrôle du swing au stick gauche imprécis, foireux et chiant et c'est malheureusement la seule méthode proposée. A l'époque, j'avais lâché le jeu rapidement sans me souvenir exactement pourquoi : maintenant je sais. Bref, tellement mal foutu que le moindre coup équivaut à un lancer de dés. A ce tarif, autant jouer au Loto. Expand

#93 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 6 / 7 / 7 - 28 [Vol 798; 2 Apr 2004]
  2. The fact that you can hit a decent round without having to rely considerably on spin or other advanced techniques means that new 'uns to the sport can almost pick up and play Links, whereas veterans can revel in more realistic gameplay than that of the competition, and feel right at home going after the number one spot on Xbox Live, whilst handing out helpful tips and strategies to people like me.
  3. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Online play affords Links players an option "Tiger" simply can't compete with. [Dec/Jan 2004, p.94]