8.2

1. ICollier
    Apr 1, 2004
    Hello? Hello? You reviewers really are a herd out there aren't you? Mooing 'Halo Halo' as if one... I utterly hated the drudgery of the heavy footed protagonist of Halo, stumbling around, driving weighty boring tanks etc etc yawn yawn. Oh well, I suppose those who can't spell and don't know what sentences are can't really be trusted to give a valuable Hello? Hello? You reviewers really are a herd out there aren't you? Mooing 'Halo Halo' as if one... I utterly hated the drudgery of the heavy footed protagonist of Halo, stumbling around, driving weighty boring tanks etc etc yawn yawn. Oh well, I suppose those who can't spell and don't know what sentences are can't really be trusted to give a valuable opinion. Mace Griffin is LEAGUES ahead of Poolo - fast, violent, frenetic, HUGE, satisfying weapons, enemies that shoot back rather than scream and run away, challenging enemy AI ... Love it love it love it ! Expand
  2. RodneyP.
    Jul 6, 2003
    If you can't wait for Halo 2 this might help get you through. All it's missing is multi-player.
  3. BillP.
    Jun 26, 2003
    Great looking game, sure the AI isn't Halo but in a lot of ways it's a BETTER single player game, better graphics, better variety (space flight). I just don't get it, what game are these reviews playing??? This game is GREAT GREAT STUFF! HUUUUUUGE levels, small loads, great weapons! What the hells going on here? Don't listen to the reviews, the only thing bad about Great looking game, sure the AI isn't Halo but in a lot of ways it's a BETTER single player game, better graphics, better variety (space flight). I just don't get it, what game are these reviews playing??? This game is GREAT GREAT STUFF! HUUUUUUGE levels, small loads, great weapons! What the hells going on here? Don't listen to the reviews, the only thing bad about this game is lack of multiplayer. Collapse
  4. DavidS.
    Aug 17, 2004
    Being able to leave the controls of your ship while at hyper-drive, go back to the john, and look out the window at the debris flying by is reason enough to buy it. That and the minigun... and the space cowboy pistola.... lets just say the ppl who made the weapons knew what they were doing. Halo is better though, by far.
  5. MichaelJ.
    Apr 28, 2005
    I think this is the best 1st person shooter ever made, even better than halo and halo 2. i just hope that Warthog make a sequel. that would be fab!!!!

1. And, if nothing else, danger truly defines the lot of a Bounty Hunter; it truly feels as if the environment is somehow calculating your defeat (or insurgence).
  2. A perfectly competent single-player shooter with neat space-sim elements (and Henry Rollins!), but if you absolutely need multiplayer replayability, look elsewhere. [Aug 2003, p.77]
  3. Movement from left to right is way too slow, which screws up everything. It takes three full seconds to turn 180 degrees, so death is guaranteed in cramped quarters. [Aug 2003, p.85]