MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch Xbox

Nov 17, 2003
    Crap.
  2. MichaelC.
    Nov 3, 2003
    If you only dowse one game in gasoline and light it on fire this year, make it this one. That's what I did. This game redefines the word "terrible". Crappy controls, piss-poor gameplay, mediocre graphics, and an overwhelming level of pure idiocy give this fighter a big zero.
  3. DartV.
    Apr 23, 2007
    hey just got the game for an amazing $1.40 yes it is crap tried ti for 5 minutes juts could not od the final kill move does not even tell you in the instructions. after 10 mins done it still do not know how. 20 mins took game outside got sub machine gun you can guess the rest.
  4. FrankB.
    Nov 1, 2003
    It sucks really bad!
  5. AdrianM.
    Nov 27, 2003
    Worst game i've played on the xbox yet!! Finished the entire game in under an hour. tried the create-a-celeb option, worse again. Stay as far away as possible, it's beyond me how this game was even released.
    May 12, 2004
    Well, here's the story of my day with "MTV Celebrity Deathmatch." I went to the mall and saw this game. I had remembered seeing the show and loved it, so I picked it up at it's low price. Then I found out something new. And that would be that this is the WORST GAME EVER. It is SO boring and repetitve that I fell asleep during a fight. So let that be a lesson for all who see Well, here's the story of my day with "MTV Celebrity Deathmatch." I went to the mall and saw this game. I had remembered seeing the show and loved it, so I picked it up at it's low price. Then I found out something new. And that would be that this is the WORST GAME EVER. It is SO boring and repetitve that I fell asleep during a fight. So let that be a lesson for all who see this. Do not buy this awful game. Expand
  7. NathanS.
    Nov 28, 2003
    This game was GREAT!! it was so great, i decided to soak it in gasoline overnight then pour some lighter fluid on it and light it. wow, ive never seen a game create such a bonfire.
  8. T.J.P.
    Nov 4, 2003
    Paid the 20 bucks for it. FOund out how screwed I was. Found a local record store that thought it was worth 40 used so they gave me my 20 back. Lesson learned....beware of games that debut with cheap prices, you get what you pay for.
  9. ChrisT.
    Dec 13, 2004
    Okay. I know this game was terrible. But if you are just looking for a good party game for some good laughs, this is it. It's not worth 20 bucks, that's why you wait until it's 4 in the bargain bin at Pamadia right?
  10. AnthonyV.
    Sep 19, 2005
    It would be far too obvious to suggest this game is nothing more than an excuse for MTV to milk the last bit of money they could out of a dead TV license. It would be far more worthwhile to say that this game sucks so bad that you risk having your television implode and take out the entire solar system if you dare spend longer then 48 seconds playing it. If your I.Q. is that low that you It would be far too obvious to suggest this game is nothing more than an excuse for MTV to milk the last bit of money they could out of a dead TV license. It would be far more worthwhile to say that this game sucks so bad that you risk having your television implode and take out the entire solar system if you dare spend longer then 48 seconds playing it. If your I.Q. is that low that you can actually play this game longer and derive even a modicum of enjoyment out of it, you're a danger to the world at large. Expand
  11. Oct 13, 2014
    Broken. Completely broken. The controls are broken, the core gameplay itself is broken, broken, broken, broken. The controls have achieved a magnitude of suck I previously believed wasn't humanly possible, with plenty of buttons that do nothing and the majority of responsive buttons yielding crappy, ineffective moves. Multiple times in one fight, I would be facing and pushing the joystickBroken. Completely broken. The controls are broken, the core gameplay itself is broken, broken, broken, broken. The controls have achieved a magnitude of suck I previously believed wasn't humanly possible, with plenty of buttons that do nothing and the majority of responsive buttons yielding crappy, ineffective moves. Multiple times in one fight, I would be facing and pushing the joystick in one certain direction, when suddenly, my character decides to veer off in a completely different one. Many of the celebrities I have never heard of in my life and the monsters are incredibly lame and clearly thrown in to make up for the lack of celebrities that agreed to be a part of this horrific, ugly mess. The voice-acting may be the best thing about this game and it too is not that good. I like how they included the actual announcers from the show, but many celebrities do not have the actual celebrity doing the voice-overs. The game is riddled with factual errors, ridiculous camera problems, and terrible animations. The create a celebrity feature sucks, just like the rest of the game. The only apparent positive that this game has is its humor. The game utilizes stupid humor to the max. You'll definitely get a few chuckles in, making this game good for about a few rounds. If you are inconceivably bored beyond tears, heavily stoned, or curious about self-induced mental torture, then this game is worth playing. Everyone else, move along. There's nothing to see here. Expand

#62 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    The "Howard the Duck" of videogames. [Mar 2004, p.95]
  2. Cheat Code Central
    I wish they would have made the game longer and included more options. It's the type of game that is great for releasing some tension and to have some fun.
  3. We are loathe to diss it completely as it is fun for a while, but you really cannot justify paying forty quid for it. Rent this, grab some beers, unhook your brain and you'll have fun - but don't think about paying full price for it, there's just not enough here.