6.8

1. MarcD.
    Sep 29, 2006
    Let's get this out of the way...I'm not some mindless groupie who champions the cause of the 'Live' or '2K' camps. When I began playing hoops videogames, I got my basketball jones on the old Sega Genesis 'Live'. Since NBA Live 95, I've been playing hoops sims. Hell...I even played 'Jordan VS Bird' for a spell. But by the time Let's get this out of the way...I'm not some mindless groupie who champions the cause of the 'Live' or '2K' camps. When I began playing hoops videogames, I got my basketball jones on the old Sega Genesis 'Live'. Since NBA Live 95, I've been playing hoops sims. Hell...I even played 'Jordan VS Bird' for a spell. But by the time 'NBA 2K' was released on the Sega Dreamcast, 'Live' had fallen into a major rut. The series was simply not making any progress. That said, ever since then, I have purchased every new yearly edition of both '2K' and 'Live'. Every year, '2K' is superior in every way. This year's edition is no different. For all the flaws, you can read the Gamespot review. But coming from an old fan of 'Live'...it's just sad how the series has ended up. EA should really look hard at their franchise. And if they still don't intend to do something serious...it's time to leave the sport to '2K''s capable development teams. Expand
  2. NateJ.
    Nov 1, 2006
    Yo, this game is alright. I would like to see upgrades, but this game is still classic, though aging.
  3. Adrian
    Dec 12, 2006
    This game is average, but still alot better than the XBOX 360 version. For me, the best versions of NBA Live were NBA Live 2000 on the PC, NBA Live 2004 on the PS2 and NBA Live 2005 on the XBOX. They have gone backwards with this game instead of improving it every year like they should be doing. Get NBA 2k7 instead.
  4. TylerB.
    Dec 28, 2007
    This game is okay, some players are really good, but the global sliders are too goofy. And the hard-line ratings? Please. You can't tell me that a player like Brewer would be good with every system or coach he will play in. For example, if someone tells him to be a Ben Gordon, half court jumpshooter, his stats will suffer. But since Sloan is a good coach, he is a good slashing, This game is okay, some players are really good, but the global sliders are too goofy. And the hard-line ratings? Please. You can't tell me that a player like Brewer would be good with every system or coach he will play in. For example, if someone tells him to be a Ben Gordon, half court jumpshooter, his stats will suffer. But since Sloan is a good coach, he is a good slashing, defensive player who makes for a pretty solid complementary starter. Their franchise mode is solid, but their gameplay did need a few tweaks. Worse yet, their '08 game is worse than this years with even worse roster ratings and franchise mode. Expand

1. The bottom line is that NBA Live 07 is a pretty darned good hoops sim - once you adjust the wonky default sliders. Without it, the shooting doesn't give an inch, no matter how well you time your release.
  2. With developers shifting their focus on next-gen consoles, we're left with a rehash of last season's efforts, albeit with minor changes here and there.
  3. NBA Live 07 looks and sounds great. The pace on the court is just right, but the AI players are not quite up to their tasks at all times. Good fun, nonetheless. [Dec 2006, p.82]