NBA Live 2004 Xbox

8.2

1. JoeS.
    Oct 10, 2003
    The Best Game ever...forget the rest, I played this early, and it's simply incredible. WOW.
  2. KeithY.
    Oct 22, 2003
    Much different than last year. Slower paced w/better low post action. Sliders allow complete customization for subs, fakeout discipline, game speed, shot accuracy, etc. The announcing is perfect, not annoying or repetitive, suprisingly good timing and wide range of dialog. Some have said there's no med-range jumper, not true - just not wide open jumpers. You can make jumpers 10-15ft Much different than last year. Slower paced w/better low post action. Sliders allow complete customization for subs, fakeout discipline, game speed, shot accuracy, etc. The announcing is perfect, not annoying or repetitive, suprisingly good timing and wide range of dialog. Some have said there's no med-range jumper, not true - just not wide open jumpers. You can make jumpers 10-15ft by elevating over a tight defender, pretty realistic shot percentages. The only lame thing is you have to manually load custom rosters - the CPU should do this at boot up. Come on EA sports, you did this for Madden, why not here? Expand
  3. TomL.
    Jan 28, 2004
    This is the best bball game goin around man. Forget about inside drive and espn, they are no comparison ya know what im sayin. NBA live rocks mate, the graphics are unbelieveably true to life. I have started a season with the Rockets and am averaging 15 blocks a game with Yao Ming. Made some awesome trades and have already one 2 championships in my first 2 seasons.
  4. C.Fish
    Oct 14, 2003
    Good game but why in the world is Vince Carter on the cover? Put Dirk on the cover!
  5. JasonB.
    Oct 28, 2003
    Best hoops game I've ever played. Period.

#74 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    If there's ever been a better basketball videogame than NBA Live 2004, it resides on the Planet Degloop, yet unavailable for human pleasure. [Dec/Jan 2004, p.84]
  2. GMR Magazine
    The real star of NBA Live 2004, however, is the superb visual quality and the newfound ease with which players can call set plays and change defenses. [Dec 2003, p.84]
  3. This is the best version since "Live 2000" (a classic in my opinion) and I'm looking forward to see how the game improves in the future.