8.7

1. J.W.
    Apr 5, 2002
    I love this game and it's so fun. It's way better than NHL 2002. It doesn't really get easy.
  2. DarcyR.
    Dec 1, 2001
    Hey Metacritic! I like ur site, but I don't like this game! It's too hard-hitting! The hits actually scare me!!! And I can't score and goals! At all!!! I'm afraid I'll get hit!!
  3. AdamN.
    Jun 27, 2002
    It's NHL Blitz. This game resembles NHL rock the Rink in nearly every way except in this game the shots are realistic.
  4. BrandonW.
    Aug 14, 2002
    80% Arcade, 20% Sports Sim, This game is perfect for those who like to play arcade games. However, those who prefer a game that focuses less on bone crunching, teeth rattling action, and focuses more on managing a team, this game doesn' have those capabilities.
  5. ReidL.
    Dec 23, 2001
    Really good game!
  6. BrianK.
    Nov 1, 2003
    Hey, this game is too easy to win against computer, and the only competition you can get is a friend or family member.
  7. DaivdB.
    Dec 26, 2001
    I loved this game. Hitting people so hard they fly through the glass I love it its so fun and its so easy to score goals.

#9 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2001

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Despite the much-hated "catch up" feature, Hitz kept us glued. Better than "Blitz" we say. [Jan 2002, p.88]
  2. This is a terrific blend of arcade-style gaming (as in with the players steaming and bursting into flame) and straight-ahead sports simulation.
  3. I personally recommend the Xbox version above all others because it happens to sport lightning fast loading, benefits greatly from the built-in harddrive, and the graphics are a bit better.