8.9

Oct 7, 2004
    Wow!!!
  2. BlueFalcon
    Oct 24, 2004
    Personally, I don't see the appeal of this game. It decent fun, but really there are about 10 other xbox racers that are far superior. In particular, the graphics are late ps1, to early dreamcast level.
  3. DaveF.
    Oct 4, 2004
    Let me begin to say this game is pure Sega Magic !! I was really looking forward to play this game as the original outrun is one of my all-time favorites. So my expectations where very high, and Sega didn't dissapointed me. This is the way a videogame should be, easy to pick up and fun to play (and the more than cool visuals is a nice bonus too). Realism in a game can be nice and I Let me begin to say this game is pure Sega Magic !! I was really looking forward to play this game as the original outrun is one of my all-time favorites. So my expectations where very high, and Sega didn't dissapointed me. This is the way a videogame should be, easy to pick up and fun to play (and the more than cool visuals is a nice bonus too). Realism in a game can be nice and I don't say I don't like such games, but games are still here for our entertainment and Outrun2 has that "ok let's try it one more time" feeling which most games are missing nowadays. So thanks for keeping gaming fun Sega and bring on a remake of Afterburner :-) Expand
  4. SimonP.
    Oct 4, 2004
    If, like me, you are old enough to remember the original Outrun, you'll know what a superb game it was and still is. This pseudo sequel can't hope to achieve such classic status, but it is nevertheless a great game in its own right. Outrun 2 has the unmistakable sheen and production values of a classic SEGA racer. I personally prefer it to Burnout 3, as it offers a purer driving If, like me, you are old enough to remember the original Outrun, you'll know what a superb game it was and still is. This pseudo sequel can't hope to achieve such classic status, but it is nevertheless a great game in its own right. Outrun 2 has the unmistakable sheen and production values of a classic SEGA racer. I personally prefer it to Burnout 3, as it offers a purer driving game experience. Gameplay is, thankfully, very easy to get grips with and you'll be pulling off immense power slides within a few minutes. The graphics and sound (particularly the remixed classic outrun tunes) are first rate. I haven't tried it on LIVE yet but, that aside, it's not a game that will take forever to complete. That's not really the point with a game like this though - it's strength is its ability to offer quick fixes of intense fun backed up by superb audio visuals - much like the original game. If you like arcade style racing games you can't do much better on the Xbox, or any other system for that matter. Collapse
  5. CiaranG.
    Jun 20, 2006
    Did not interest me in the slightest. Graphics are not good. Gameplay is boring and frustrating and there's no depth to the game whatsoever. You just slide around corners unrealistically from level to level with a poor range of cars and tracks. I'd recommend that you don't buy this game.
  6. ColR.
    Oct 29, 2004
    This is what made Sega great, and it's finally a worthy sequel to the awesome OutRun. It's not as deep as GT, but it's not meant to be - it's not about being Colin McRae, it's about a fast, fun sunday drive. Brilliant!
  7. SteKar
    Oct 31, 2004
    Great fun game. Finally a pure arcade racer that brings back the fun og the 80s. Simlation racers are nice, but pure fun arcade racers are what's missing in today's games. Powersliding is extremely rewarding and fun to do. You can drift for a long time while passing traffic and other cats. Project Gotham 2 has fun powerslides and so does Rallysport 2; but OutRun 2 offers the Great fun game. Finally a pure arcade racer that brings back the fun og the 80s. Simlation racers are nice, but pure fun arcade racers are what's missing in today's games. Powersliding is extremely rewarding and fun to do. You can drift for a long time while passing traffic and other cats. Project Gotham 2 has fun powerslides and so does Rallysport 2; but OutRun 2 offers the same drift feeling that in SegaRally 2. Sega has the best powerslide engine, great feel, really. One complaint: way too hard to beat the opponents in the rival race. Expand
  8. KeremS.
    Jan 5, 2005
    My personal Xbox Game of the Year 2004. Brilliant stuff.
  9. MattJ.
    Aug 11, 2005
    It's amazing, closest thing to the arcade.
  10. RonaldK.
    Nov 16, 2005
    this game is how all arcade racers should be. and with all the cool unlockable's you keep playing this exelent game.

1. While it may not offer the sophistication of other racing games on the market, OutRun2 has an old-school sensibility that makes it both appealing and addictive. A wealth of content and an online mode add to the game's great value as well.
  2. The way the developers of both the arcade game and this Xbox port have gone about retaining the heritage of the series truly adds to the game. It really is a homage to one of the best racing games of all time, and that's what makes it such a great game.
    The amazingly sensitive control and superb supernatural powerslides make this a totally refreshing alternative to any racing game around.