7.0

Aug 3, 2005
    The most fun I've had playing a fps not named halo. would have been a 10 if it was longer.
  2. lucas38
    Feb 23, 2005
    Excellent presentation. A fast-paced shooter with beautiful, almost painterly graphics. First-rate online play! Sure it may be lacking any split screen capabilities (that's why a 9 not a ten), otherwise this is a solid shooter!
  3. FPSFan
    Feb 23, 2005
    What I don't get is how reviewers like Gamespot get off saying " Why play average when you could play great?" What else out there in the FPS genre is better than this? Halo 2. Whatever. It was good, but didn't and still doesn't deserve to be in a class any higher than this game. This is easily better, and we all can play it now, instead of a great game being only on one What I don't get is how reviewers like Gamespot get off saying " Why play average when you could play great?" What else out there in the FPS genre is better than this? Halo 2. Whatever. It was good, but didn't and still doesn't deserve to be in a class any higher than this game. This is easily better, and we all can play it now, instead of a great game being only on one console, like Halo 1 was. Pass this up, and you'll not only be mad at yourself later, but, you'll find out later that reviewers like Gamespot are complete jackasses and wouldn't know a good game unless it was one with a big name., seeing as those are the only games they seem to like. How they still get to post reviews is beyond me. What are they, paid off by big name game companies? Expand
  4. SkoolDropowt
    Feb 28, 2005
    If you are a FPS fan like me and have played them all, this is truly one of the more original and downright fun games you'll play. The weapons and amazing and handle extremely well. Where else can you fire an electrical orb (or shotgun shells for that matter) that stick to a wall and electrocutes or blowup all enemies in that area-what a blast. Also throwing grenades and being able If you are a FPS fan like me and have played them all, this is truly one of the more original and downright fun games you'll play. The weapons and amazing and handle extremely well. Where else can you fire an electrical orb (or shotgun shells for that matter) that stick to a wall and electrocutes or blowup all enemies in that area-what a blast. Also throwing grenades and being able to control when and where it explodes makes for some fun multi-kills The multitude of abilities, such as invisibility, shielding, hacking and time slowing (like bullet time), give multiple approaches to any mission which adds some replay value. The game goes fast (finished it in about 2-3 days), but it's the type of game you won't want to put down becouse it plays so well. The online play at first seemed a little laggy and jumpy on xbox live, but I'm going to give it another shot. There are also some cool vehicles, but not enough of them. It is fun to be able to hack into the mech syle bots and blow up everything, including some of the environmental components a la mercenaries. My only beef is that I wish there were a higher diffiiculty levels (like Halo 2) to increase the challenge. My advice would be to wait till the price drops or rent it to increase the value of the experience, but definitely don't miss it if you're a shooter fan. Expand

1. It's no "Halo 2," but excellent level design and the infusion of the augmentations into multiplayer via a class-based player structure adds a welcome bit of variety to the mix.
  2. Makes a great weekend rental and the single player should be experienced by any first person shooter fan, however purchasing the title is only recommended for Xbox if you can find a lot of enjoyment out of the online play.
  3. While Snowblind never truly escapes the feeling of being a well-dressed, derivative run'n'gun shooter, it never fails to get the running and gunning right, and in that respect, at least, it's a sound success. [March 2005, p.86]