• Publisher: Atari
  • Also On: PC
6.1

1. BunitGunit
    Jul 1, 2004
    What can i say about this game but utterly disappointing.The games graphics are very out dated and the game is flawed up to every corner.The only reason for coming back is the xbox live and link system play.Avoid at all costs!
  2. JustinOpinion
    Jun 17, 2004
    If you plan to buy this game for online play be warned - it is absolutely horrible. It lacks all the features you take for granted in good games like Rainbow Six 3, Castle Wolfenstein, CounterStrike and Soldier Of Fortune II. 1. When I view my friends list, all it shows is who is online not what they are playing. I have to click on each and every name to see what game they are playing. If you plan to buy this game for online play be warned - it is absolutely horrible. It lacks all the features you take for granted in good games like Rainbow Six 3, Castle Wolfenstein, CounterStrike and Soldier Of Fortune II. 1. When I view my friends list, all it shows is who is online not what they are playing. I have to click on each and every name to see what game they are playing. Try this when you have 20+ friends online and see how quickly this becomes annoying. 2. When you join a game you can't tell how many people are on each team. You have to join a team go to the players list to figure out if the teams are too uneven. 3. Its only 4 on 4 gameplay. Maybe I'm spoiled with 6 on 6 gameplay, but then it also lags - on servers I know can hold 12 in other games. Totally unacceptable. 4. Numerous times I have fired a full clip to zero rounds only to be unable to then reload my weapon. Swell. 5. Mininmum re-spawn points. Spawn killing that happened in Ghost Recon can make a comeback here in this game. 6. Everybody wears the same uniform. For instance if you choose be the close combat specialist you wear a SWAT type uniform and so does the gamer on the other team. The only way you can tell earch apart is when the retical on the weapon turns to red. So try stalking a gamer, finally catch up with them only to realize that you are on the same team. Really lame. 7. The game only comes with 12 or so maps. No big deal except they decided to split them up between the different game modes. So in VIP mode there are only 3 maps you can play. How fast is that going to get old? What kind of technical challenge is it for me to be able to decide which map I want to play using which game mode? If you we're looking for a summer game to play instead your other games that might be getting a little stale - THIS ISN'T IT. Justin Opinion. Expand
  3. AndyB.
    Jun 17, 2004
    Great single player but LIVE play is horrible! This is one of those I wish I had rented before I bought. There are only four soldier types to select from (rifleman, heavygunner, close-quarters and sniper) and the weapons are preassigned for each type of soldier. You don't get to pick your kit at all. You don't even get to select rate of fire...it's also preset at burst for Great single player but LIVE play is horrible! This is one of those I wish I had rented before I bought. There are only four soldier types to select from (rifleman, heavygunner, close-quarters and sniper) and the weapons are preassigned for each type of soldier. You don't get to pick your kit at all. You don't even get to select rate of fire...it's also preset at burst for rifleman, full auto for heavy, single shot for close quarters and single for sniper. Very cartoony game play makes this feel to much like a modernday Wolfenstein only not as fun and maps that aren't nearly as good. If you see yourself as a LIVE gamer...don't waste your money on this one. Expand

#42 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#20 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. An average shooter through and through. The gameplay is average and so are the graphics. There isn't anything new or exciting happening in this game, but mostly things we have seen done better in other titles.
  2. games(TM)
    An average single-player game with competent but not brilliant multiplayer modes tacked onto the side. [Aug 2004, p.106]
  3. This wonky A.I., coupled with an online component that falls flat on its face, makes Mercury hard to recommend for shooter fans. Just like Hollywood, rote imitation works for a short time only.