7.6

1. Jul 30, 2012
    This is a great game.Many different levels and special levels.Pleasantly play for each team.Cool music.Just nostalgia.I a great many more, you can write about this wonderful game.It gets me to the highest assessment.I suggest playing all holders ps2.It created for the game ps 2.
  2. Feb 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. From what I can remember, this was the first 3D Sonic game I ever played & I loved the hell out of it on PS2, but then the disc got incredibly scratched, 8 years on I rebought Sonic Heroes for the Xbox, & it brought back so many great memories, just how much I loved Seaside hill, & Bullet station, but how I disliked Bingo Highway & Hang castle, but none of these levels make want to not make the game.
    I love the three-person gameplay style, however it can be problematic in the Casino levels, the music's great, but not on the level of Sonic Adventure 2, & the graphics are fantastic, the story's fine, not as deep or dark as the Adventure series plots, & the cutscenes look a lot better, however I do have problems with camera at times as it can be unhelpful, the ground combat of Knuckles & Omega can be very slippery, leading to some very cheap deaths, the Special stages are absolutely terrible, on the verge of uncontrollable, & the voice acting is some of the worst in the series, especially for that of Tails & Big, but overall I've always had a great time with this game, & that will never change, ever.
  3. Rem
    Jul 12, 2013
    Sonic Heroes, while not the true comeback that Sonic was looking for, is still fun and clever to play. The challenge can scale enormously at later stages, which I find to be more frustrating rather than entertaining. The 4 different campaigns are similar throughout but what caught me most was the dynamic use of the team members for completion. Sure the system screws up from time to time, but it clicks when you use all members to the full potential. The multiplayer is nothing special, but going back and replaying the game was worth it and even going for that grade S rating at the end of each stage. This might not be Sonic at his best, but its one of the better ones this generation. Expand
  4. Feb 19, 2011
    This game starts off fun but then when you actually start getting into it you realize it's a boring, repetitive, frustrating mess, you'll revisit the same levels over and over again, and do the exact same things on it, and you'll hear the exact same music over and over again, and the gameplay isn't that fun, if your a Sonic fan you may like this one, but it's not one I would really recommend.

1. 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 32 gold [Vol 786]
  2. Looks spectacular, with dazzling day-glo colors, ultrasmooth movement, and trippy effects. Every stage explodes with breakneck speed, insane loops, absurd corkscrews, and other gravity-defying razmatazz. [Mar 2004, p.82]
  3. The camera is crap, the scale is awkward, the story and characters are basic and cringe-worthy, the combat is tedious, the platforming and puzzling is too basic, and I was well bored of it by the time I conquered the final level with the first of the four Teams, which wasn't even that long after I first grabbed it out of the shrink-wrap.