8.5

1. Eiffel
    Mar 30, 2006
    I actually was quite surprised by this as I enjoy it more than I thought I would. It's not perfect, but it is a fun game to play, with some nice elements. Pulling off bank heists, lots of different assination & execution moves, and the missions which do tie in extremely well with the movie, are all well thought out. The controls are responsive and work well (throwing someone through I actually was quite surprised by this as I enjoy it more than I thought I would. It's not perfect, but it is a fun game to play, with some nice elements. Pulling off bank heists, lots of different assination & execution moves, and the missions which do tie in extremely well with the movie, are all well thought out. The controls are responsive and work well (throwing someone through an open window, leaping out and pulling an execution move is always enjoyable :). Graphically the game looks good, from the small things such as the pigeons to the large explosions when you blow up businesses. There are a few things that could have been done better though, such as having to exit the game to visit the tailors or barbers (this could have been so much better by doing this in a shop), and the fact that certain building layouts are all the same, meaning that you know exactly where the guy is that you need to buyout. Just adding a random spawn to the guys location would have been much better. The map is good with lots to do, but is about the same size as Vice City. In conclusion it's an enjoyable game (I have yet to get frustrated with it), and based on this I would buy the sequel. Expand
  2. BobL.
    Mar 22, 2006
    This is the best copy of a game ever. They made GTA even better. Everything about this game is good. A must have.
    Mar 23, 2006
    I did not like the fact that I had to leave the game mode if I wanted to visit the tailor. A tailor shop built in would have been better. Some of the driving and game play was choppy at best and the map was too small for any good detail. Overall though the game play and story line were very good. This will be a great game in a few more generations, but for now, it is a good game.
  4. DanielX.
    Apr 19, 2006
    This game definately has it's memorable moments. Whether I was planting the gun for Michael Corleone to find, taking my first warehouse, or killing all 4 rival dons in one mission, this game was a blast to play. The flaws in this game are few, but have a big impact on the game. For starters, there was only like 12 missions, after that there was really no structure left to follow. So This game definately has it's memorable moments. Whether I was planting the gun for Michael Corleone to find, taking my first warehouse, or killing all 4 rival dons in one mission, this game was a blast to play. The flaws in this game are few, but have a big impact on the game. For starters, there was only like 12 missions, after that there was really no structure left to follow. So after completing these missions in about an hour or two, i was left to take out businesses for the remainder of the game. After about the tenth hour of this it gets to be numbingly repetitive. Another flaw is the insane easiness of the actual game. I think i died maybe 5 or 6 times throughout the entire game. The graphics are excellent, but are hurt by the fact that there are maybe 5 cars in the game and 10 different models of people. Now enough of the bashing. This game features some of the most entertaining videos and plots i have ever experienced. From the opening scene where my father is murdered, I was completely enthralled in this game. I actually experienced pride in my role for the Corleone family. I was willing to fight and die for the family. It was a great game that should be played for years. Expand
  5. NickG.
    Apr 6, 2006
    Very very fun game. I had a great time. similar to GTA san andreas, but id have to say...Better! I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 because some parts of the game are too challenging, like taking over a ware house is unbelivably hard, but otherwise, an amzing game.
  6. JohnB.
    Mar 21, 2006
    So much fun. If you love grand theft, this game will win you over. And it's way prettier and the combat is far more engaging.
  7. ScottT.
    Mar 20, 2006
    Very rich and deep gameplay. You just do not get the full sense of the game until you are at least 2 hours in.
  8. ReggieM.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Great, deep game. What does Yahoo games know?
  9. LucaG.
    Mar 26, 2006
    This game has hints of the game Mafia. Not that I didn't enjoy Mafia, but it does remind me of it. So if you hated Mafia then I would say this game is not for you. Two things that would have been nice... co-op mode and being able to issue orders to other family members (follow, attack, guard etc.) All in all I would recommend it, it's worth playing. And if you're a This game has hints of the game Mafia. Not that I didn't enjoy Mafia, but it does remind me of it. So if you hated Mafia then I would say this game is not for you. Two things that would have been nice... co-op mode and being able to issue orders to other family members (follow, attack, guard etc.) All in all I would recommend it, it's worth playing. And if you're a Godfather movie fan, that just makes it all the better IMHO. Expand
  10. RyanV.
    Mar 29, 2006
    Way better than the reviewers would have you believe. Its just like GTA (which some reviewers seem to think is bad), except that it is set in 1930s New York with the Godfather characters. What could be better?
  11. AlexD.
    Apr 19, 2006
    Really swell game, the graphics are simply amazing and every item, every car is filled with unbelieveble realistic details. The thing I like bout this game is that you can create your own character`s facial expressions and hair. Another thing is, when all your stats are actually high, the game gets a whole lot better and easier. You can rob banks, steal shops, restaurants and many more... Really swell game, the graphics are simply amazing and every item, every car is filled with unbelieveble realistic details. The thing I like bout this game is that you can create your own character`s facial expressions and hair. Another thing is, when all your stats are actually high, the game gets a whole lot better and easier. You can rob banks, steal shops, restaurants and many more... The one thing I don`t like about this game is that there is only four kinds of car and the fastest ones are only in midtown and brooklyn. Otherwise, the game is very good and deserves to stay on the shelves for a while... Expand
  12. Boddhs
    Mar 22, 2006
    Great game! All godfather fans SHOULDbplay this, and of course every GTA fan too, as this game is ablot like gta, which is not a bad thing after all, is it?
  13. ArthurG.
    Mar 26, 2006
    I think that tis is one of the best games out there since Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. The fact that you can go just about anywhere in the game & do anything i think is great. & to be a part of the Family! I mean whoa i have always wondered what it would be like to be part of the one of the biggest families in the movies is awsome. I think that this game is better that GTA San Andreas & I think that tis is one of the best games out there since Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. The fact that you can go just about anywhere in the game & do anything i think is great. & to be a part of the Family! I mean whoa i have always wondered what it would be like to be part of the one of the biggest families in the movies is awsome. I think that this game is better that GTA San Andreas & i can't wait to play Scareface after playing this fun game. Expand
  14. NikkH.
    Apr 12, 2006
    Ok, either im missing somthing, or you guys havent played the game. It is very much like grand theft auto, but much better. It is set in the 30s, with the godfather, i mean, with the fun of wacking a guy, or just chasing down supply trucks( my favorite) what more do you need? But, it is a difficult, way to difficult to take out a warehouse, so dont try unless you are willy to be frustrated.

1. The actual hand to hand (or baseball bat to hand) combat is excellent too; targeting in the same way, you use both thumbsticks to combat your opponent, one for moving you or your opponent, you can throw or ram your foe into the wall with this stick too - and the other stick is generally for hitting them. Use both together for best results!
  2. EA shatters the curse as The Godfather does the great movie justice, drawing you into the Mafia world and backs it up with solid gameplay and engrossing plot.
  3. The action is bloody and satisfying, the story plays out like exceptionally well-written fan-fiction and the spirit of the movie and its characters are intact.