The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning Xbox

7.5

1. Nov 14, 2015
    If you can accept that this game took a large step away from the mechanics of previous Spyro games, this is a game you will regret not picking up. With a great story, top-notch music, and beautiful graphics for the Xbox, this was a great start to The Legend of Spyro trilogy.
  2. Aug 12, 2012
    So much better than Dawn Of The Dragon, although almost all the enemies are the same, colored a little differently and are more powerful than the last one you fought in the level before the one you are on, it gets a little repetitive, but when half a dozen apes coming at you at the same time, you don't really think about that, and i have yet to play The Eternal Night. this re-boot to theSo much better than Dawn Of The Dragon, although almost all the enemies are the same, colored a little differently and are more powerful than the last one you fought in the level before the one you are on, it gets a little repetitive, but when half a dozen apes coming at you at the same time, you don't really think about that, and i have yet to play The Eternal Night. this re-boot to the spyro series is my favorite out of the trilogy so far, i have yet to beat Dawn Of The Dragon, and i hear its insanely hard. Lord have mercy X( Collapse
  3. ChrisN.
    Jan 11, 2007
    I rated it a ten because I just loved it. It's way better than the other Spyros because there's more things to do and more places to go and more enemies to fight. I love this game.
  4. RichardB.
    Oct 23, 2006
    The way this whole game is put together is just awesome - music, the style, the enemies (about time there was finally some decent enemy AI!) and all with a storyline thathangs together, This is just top quality that puts Spyro back up where he belongs.
  5. JamesW.
    Oct 16, 2006
    I love Spyro games, but this isn't a Spyro game. Mindless monotonous button pushing with excessive video sequences are all that's on offer. I don't know why the formula has changed. The formula is why Spyro has been so successful. Puzzles, puzzles, puzzles. There aren't any! A waste of money. Definitely the WORST Spyro game released. Booooooooh, you ruined it for the fans.
  6. StuartL.
    Sep 25, 2006
    This game is truely one of the best games of its genre. Definately the best of the spyro franchise.
  7. Aug 12, 2012

#16 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2006

1. AceGamez
    This new Legend is one you'll enjoy immensely while it lasts and crave once it's over.
  2. Play Magazine
    With any luck Krome's overhaul will prove lucrative enough to warrant them continuing the brand, flying Spyro into next-gen skies and who knows, perhaps a veritable rebirth. [Oct. 2006, p.54]
  3. A pretty sweet game. I just hope that Krome and Sierra will succeed in their experiment to bring a new age of gamer to the once-cutesy character. If not, this might be the last Spyro we ever see – and that would be a shame.