6.9

1. RayM.
    Apr 8, 2003
    Not fun. I am a fan of the PC version but this one just dumbed down the whole idea with drop down menus and pre-determined modes. I rented it and returned it early it was that boring. Get the PC version if you want to invest in the series unless you are a Sims fanatic.
  2. StefanK
    May 5, 2003
    It's a big improvement over the PC version, considering graphics and gameplay. They've added a single player campaign where you have to accomplish certain goals before moving on to the next level. And by completing those goals, you unlock objects and 2-player game modes. Ahh yes, 2-players...twice the fun. Besides the 2-player minigames, you can also just Play The Sims, build a It's a big improvement over the PC version, considering graphics and gameplay. They've added a single player campaign where you have to accomplish certain goals before moving on to the next level. And by completing those goals, you unlock objects and 2-player game modes. Ahh yes, 2-players...twice the fun. Besides the 2-player minigames, you can also just Play The Sims, build a house, create a family with more than 1 members, move in, player 2 presses start and voila. You have to complete the first level in the single player campaign first to unlock Play The Sims though. Overall this is a good game. The only things I don't like about it is that Maxis still haven't fixed the stupid sims. They're so damn clumsy. The other ting is the camera, you can't zoom in as much as you want too. You can't pan the camera up and down either. A nice addition camerawise is that you can use first person perspective, look through your sims eyes. It's a rather cool feature. Bring up the cheat menu by pressing L+R in the main menu, then write FISH EYE. Now for the summary: Graphics: 7 Finally The Sims in real 3D. It doesn't look great, but it does the job. Other than it's in 3D, the animations are still the same...I think. Sound: 8 The same old The Sims sounds, with a few additions. The thing that bothers me is you can't hear them poop!!! Grrr!! ;) Gameplay 8 The controller can be a bit sluggish to play with, and not as precise as a good ol' mouse. But it works. The improved interface and - in lack of better words - style makes up for the sluggishness. I still hate the stupid sims that bump into each other and just stands there for 30 mins etc. etc. Grrrr... Replay 7 Although many additions you tend to get bored, it's still the same old The Sims after all. It lasts alot longer than the PC version though. I got bored of that one in about 2 weeks. Overall 8 No fatal mistakes, 2 great improvements (campaign, 2-players) makes for a good game. There are still problems that needs to be fixed, but as I said, nothing fatal. Expand
  3. Ivannatinkle
    Jan 9, 2004
    It's a good game but it would be better with a rejuvenator!! larry king sucks.
  4. RaquelS.
    Mar 25, 2003
    A great game, now with specials upgrades!!!
  5. Seth
    Dec 23, 2004
    Thought it was the shiznit.
  6. MikeS.
    Apr 18, 2003
    An awesome game have to have it.
    Apr 24, 2003
    Xbox is better than GC.
  8. CharleyS.
    Apr 28, 2003
    It's the best.
  9. BobR.
    Jul 16, 2003
    Hated it, It took me a month to buy but I thought it would be cool but now that I have it I wished that I didn't.
  10. ChadC.
    Mar 2, 2004
    Why do so many dorks like this game? I would rather watch my wallpaper peel in my APT then play this game. I bought this game because a friend recommended it and now he is no longer my friend!
  11. TylerF.
    Mar 29, 2003
    ITS A GREAT GAME.
  12. Tigerwoods
    Apr 14, 2003
    It rocks.

1. Wall your Sim in a doorless room with no food or toilet facilities, and watch her whiz on the floor. [June-July 2003, p.90]
  2. Everything about The Sims just reeks of quality and charm; from the way that every Sim action is beautifully animated to the way they talk to each other, and you, in voices that you can almost make out. But can’t.
  3. Through polygonal graphics, tons of new items, and hilarious level-based play, I can honestly say that the Sims has never looked or played better. [Apr 2003, p.93]