• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Aug 2, 2005
7.2

1. GregB.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Was this needed: no. Is this appreciated: absolutely. It's good to know that the XBox users aren't being forgotten in the race to the 360.
  2. JeffA.
    Aug 6, 2005
    This is more than an expansion pack. This is the real deal. A brand new, full fledged, free roaming sequil to Ghost Recon 2. There are all new weather effects and an option to turn "blood" on. All the great graphics, sound, control and gripping storyline you have come to expect from a Tom Clancy game. What are you waiting for? Mitchell has work to do.
  3. FPSMaster
    Aug 7, 2005
    Great gameplay, controls, graphics, sounds and animations. The blood helps also as now you can see if you're hitting something from a distance, unlike the original GR2. Getting into a game is slow though, and needs to be tweaked to be faster. There is no joining a game in progress usually, so you have to wait in the server's lobby for their current game to end. The only Great gameplay, controls, graphics, sounds and animations. The blood helps also as now you can see if you're hitting something from a distance, unlike the original GR2. Getting into a game is slow though, and needs to be tweaked to be faster. There is no joining a game in progress usually, so you have to wait in the server's lobby for their current game to end. The only downsides are minor pop-in here and there, large objects in the distance drawing in and out especially with night vision on(sometimes looks like an enemy moving when it's just a mountain or something) and the fact that the entire game comes down to getting in people's spawn points and raping them over and over until the game ends. Also, there are many people that use one cheap tactic over and over, such as launching grenades all over the map to get cheap kills and move up in rank. If you play this online, I highly suggest you create your own games and boot these cheap bastards so your game isn't ruined and turned into a Halo 2 el cheapo camp fest. SP is like the last one: hard and the A.I. is terrible. Otherwise, nothing comes close to being as realistic as this on any console, at least online with "non-cheap" players and the amazing graphics, animations, lighting and sound effects don't hurt either. Expand
  4. BillB.
    Aug 16, 2005
    I still haven't picked up GR2, but when I saw the proce and read a few reviews, I gave Summit Strike a try. Now I'm going to have to go back and get GR2. This game is awesome.
  5. AntonJ.
    Aug 16, 2005
    It's nice to see someone puttin games out that aren't $50. I wish more companies would do it and I wish theyd do it this good.
  6. subzero
    Oct 26, 2005
    A great game, although it becomes way too difficult in the later levels and in the co-op missions.
  7. ZippyZee
    Jul 20, 2005
    I played the a level at E3...wikked fun and I can't wait for the full release.
  8. AlexiyA.
    Jul 26, 2005
    The Tom Clancy franchise is thee best games franchise ever made, due to the way the company excells in the graphics theatre of operations. Their games are always unique and real-time. Every Tom Clancy game deserves at least a nine, but in this case a ten is what this game deserves.
  9. BrandonC.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Honestly, I like this campaign better than the one in the original release. I'm really glad I picked it up. I can't wait to try the multiplayer this weekend.
    Aug 16, 2005
    This isn't an expansion. It'xs got enough in it to qualify as a whole game. Sure, not much is new, but when your working with a game as good as Ghost Recon 2, how much dfo you need other than new evels?
  11. ChipW.
    Aug 16, 2005
    It's good to see that Ubi isn't just waiting for the 360 to come out. Now I;'ve got something to tide me over until Ghost Recon 3.
  12. LinkM.
    Aug 16, 2005
    I thought Gr2 was the best shooter out there. Now, I'm wrong. If the Clancy games keep getting better like this, I won't need ot buy anythign else.
  13. SteveL.
    Aug 16, 2005
    It's just more of the same. And just in time too. I was starting to get bored with the maps on Ghost Recon 2. Now I not only have new maps, I have new modes as well. This rules.
  14. EvanF.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Heli Hunt. That's all I've got to say. But if I were to say more, I'd add: new weapons, new skins, more maps and new solo missions. It's like an entirely new game at half the price.
  15. OwenR.
    Aug 16, 2005
    If you played Ghost Recon 2 online, you need to get this. Everybody will be playing the maps and modes on this one from here on out. It's good stuff, with fixes we've been wanting for GR2. What more do you need.
  16. JeffC.
    Aug 4, 2005
    The new maps simply rock! They may be on the large side,....possibly more suited to 24 players, which is the only thing that keeps this game from being a 10. More online players would make it perfect.
  17. NicholasM.
    Aug 7, 2005
    The game is a great continuance from GR:2, and it plays fast. There is no unnecessary fill-in story in between levels; they take you straight to the next encounter, because that basically IS the story. For only 30 bucks, this is an exellent buy.

#34 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

If you've never experienced Ghost Recon before, this is a perfect place to jump into the action. Summit Strike is better than most games that are twice its price, and it should appease most gamers until "Ghost Recon 3" hits the Xbox 360 later this year.
  2. More than the type of senseless video game violence that keeps Hillary Clinton up at night. A sequel to Ghost Recon 2, this stealth challenge offers a harrowing third-person shooter in which you're always outnumbered, and sometimes outgunned, and thus have to rely heavily on cover instead of ammo.
    Although Summit Strike still boils down to more of the same, the Ghost Recon 2 series has proven itself to provide some of best squad-based, realistic action out there.