Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder Xbox

• Also On: PC
8.8

1. BobJ.
    Jul 30, 2003
    Who ever thinks this game sucks is horribly wrong, best game on LIVE since the original ghost recon.
  2. KillAEnvy
    Jul 7, 2003
    Since Ghost Was The Best game On live... We can Only imagine how Great this will be! Played the Demo & OMG, Graphics are way-better, Weapons are alot better, The 1-map was also Kool, ect. Can't wait!!!!! *Best Online Game*
  3. Greg
    Aug 20, 2003
    I love this game to death! The only complaint I have about it is that there is no third-person view. I really liked that option in the "SOCOM: US Navy Seals"
  4. Hello
    Aug 1, 2003
    This game is great, that moron that said he beta tested a xbox game is an idiot, people dont beta test xbox games. and rainbow six 3 is nothing like this game.
  5. Sandy
    Aug 6, 2003
    WOW! Yeah everyone was into Ghost when it first came out, so there should be no reason why this game cant be them same. Damn this one is soooo much better! The loser who gave this game a 5 has no idea what he's talking about. I mean not only are there 12 new maps...so people cant just sit at all the memorized respawns..but there are also 4 of the original favorites. I like the fact WOW! Yeah everyone was into Ghost when it first came out, so there should be no reason why this game cant be them same. Damn this one is soooo much better! The loser who gave this game a 5 has no idea what he's talking about. I mean not only are there 12 new maps...so people cant just sit at all the memorized respawns..but there are also 4 of the original favorites. I like the fact that everything is still set up the same...there's nothing new you really have to learn, which made it that much easier to just jump on and start playing. Also, the name of the person who is talking comes up on the screen so you know who the hell youre listening to. Greatest game out! Expand
  6. FSWMaster
    Jul 2, 2004
    This is a great piece of software. Probably the greatest since the first Ghost Recon. Rainbow 6 is all about moving indoors and trying to keep your bone-headed team mates from getting killed. They are nothing alike. Also the graphics were not re-done but do look better with less draw-in, the sound is still up there with the best and plenty of atmoshere, although the game is a little This is a great piece of software. Probably the greatest since the first Ghost Recon. Rainbow 6 is all about moving indoors and trying to keep your bone-headed team mates from getting killed. They are nothing alike. Also the graphics were not re-done but do look better with less draw-in, the sound is still up there with the best and plenty of atmoshere, although the game is a little short. Too bad Ghost Recon 2 won't be set on the events of the Middle East: that would make it as great as FSW or Close Combat, if not better. As for Greg, I know you were probably hung up on the lackluster PS2 with it's dead-ass graphics and sound hardware, as most PS2 geeks, I mean freaks, are, but please don't ever compare a good but arcadey PS2 "game" to any great XBOX "experience". In real life you don't see yourself from behind so first-person views will always be more realistic. Expand
  7. SimonT.
    Jul 8, 2004
    Another merciless outing into the world of Tom Clancy's Ghost recon which plunges you deep into the hear of Cuba. This game offers a wide range of team members with the cool capacity of upgrading them as the game progresses not a bad game at all especially with online firefights and downloadable content via xbox live.
    Jul 16, 2003
    Incredible. The demo was awesome. I mean, the weapons alone make it worth the buy. 12 shot semi-auto grenade launcher? Heck yeah! This is going to be $30, remember, and it is going to include 12 extra multiplayer maps. A great buy.
  9. Justin
    Aug 13, 2003
    This Game Is Awesome!.....Whoever thinks this game Sucks, Can Go Back to playing Mario.....A++++++ Awesome
  10. BOrluk
    Aug 16, 2003
    The best FPS for grown-ups. An absolutely fantasic and multi-hour addictive game. If you have Xbox Live! you have to play this game. A must have until we get a true sequel to the original Ghost Recon for Xbox.
  11. IainM.
    Sep 8, 2003
    Too short compared to the first ghost recon,only 8 missions.it also seems easier as it only took me 6 hours to complete.i hear a lot of people going on about weather effects and lighting,but it all comes down to one thing....is it any good? i would say yes,the multiplayer on it is fun and can make the game last longer,also the fact that to unlock other characters you have specific targetToo short compared to the first ghost recon,only 8 missions.it also seems easier as it only took me 6 hours to complete.i hear a lot of people going on about weather effects and lighting,but it all comes down to one thing....is it any good? i would say yes,the multiplayer on it is fun and can make the game last longer,also the fact that to unlock other characters you have specific target to do so (i have only unlock 9 of the targets so far) which adds to replay value. having not payed it online i wont comment on that except to say if it is anywhere near as good as its previous game then it will be awesome. Expand
  12. UiUi
    Feb 8, 2004
    Best game ever besides the first ghost recon.
  13. HaloHunter245
    Nov 26, 2003
    If you're a die hard GR fan like I was you'll see that the gameplay and sound effects on this one are not up to the standards of the old. Also the fact that all the weapons you spent hours unlocking in the first are now "gimmies" in this one.
  14. MikeR.
    Jul 29, 2003
    This game is not good, this game is a remake of the other. I'm sick of playing these Tom Clancy game's that are all the same. You want a real Tom Clancy game, play the soon to be released Rainbow Six 3. I got to Beta Test this game and it was just like the other, at one point I opened up my Xbox to make sure it WAS'NT the other game. And whats with the cross fire???? I seen This game is not good, this game is a remake of the other. I'm sick of playing these Tom Clancy game's that are all the same. You want a real Tom Clancy game, play the soon to be released Rainbow Six 3. I got to Beta Test this game and it was just like the other, at one point I opened up my Xbox to make sure it WAS'NT the other game. And whats with the cross fire???? I seen better cross fire on a RPG game for crying out loud. Now, I do understand that this game was a some-what add on to the other, But even add on's have improved things that make it look ALITTLE different. No, I'm sorry, you'll be better off keeping your money and you first copy of Ghost Recon instead of buying this one, and wait till RAINBOW SIX, trust me I got to see this game in action, and it's everything that this game is and 20 times the game of any Tom Clancy game, with Splinter Cell grachics and the works. Also the Cross fire on RB3 is'nt a joke like this one, instead of the mostly-used cross fire that grows bigger when further away from a enemy, it grows smaller to have a twice of better shot and real feel to it. Unless you do not have the first Ghost Recon, then it may be a good idea to pick this one up, but if you do, then this is just a joke, unless you like the same game's just for the same joy that you would other wise get from a much better title, Trust me, there are better title's coming to store's very soon, and this would be a waste of money AND enjoyment if this was the one you choose to buy...... Expand

#48 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - 31 silver [Vol 796; 19 Mar 2004]
  2. Other than the less-than-perfect graphics, there's nothing to complain about in Ghost Recon's emphasis on undercover method and leadership.
  3. May not be the best-looking tactical shooter ever made, nor does it bring anything to the genre in terms of progress, but there's little else on Xbox worth looking at in the genre until "Rainbow Six 3" shows up.