8.6

1. TEEN!
    Apr 2, 2004
    This game is awesome, better than the first Splinter Cell. Its just that Metacritic is too dumb to know that this game is rated TEEN. It's even on the boxart near the bottom of the picture they displayed! They are really brain-damaged. [Ed: brrrrrrr..zzzzz huh?]
  2. Yoyo
    Mar 28, 2004
    Best.Xbox.Game.Since.HALO.
  3. BigDaddy
    Apr 7, 2004
    My friend rented this and we got ready to play it and realized we needed a system link so we buy a link and bring my xbox over to find out you need two copys of the game. After the like hour and half it took to get all this ready I said "This better be a bad assed game or im gonna break something" 5 min later I wanted to go buy it right away. The single player is great as the first was My friend rented this and we got ready to play it and realized we needed a system link so we buy a link and bring my xbox over to find out you need two copys of the game. After the like hour and half it took to get all this ready I said "This better be a bad assed game or im gonna break something" 5 min later I wanted to go buy it right away. The single player is great as the first was not much of a difference in gameplay but thats a good thing. The multplayer is fun as hell. Im buying Xbox Live just so I can play this whenever I want to! One of the few games id try to talk someone into buying. 11 out of 10 - 110 out of 100. With this , Ninja Gaiden, and the price drop Xboxs are gonna be sold like crazy. Expand
  4. SteveP.
    Aug 4, 2006
    This is the greatest stealth game ever; they took all the bad things about Splinter Cell 1 (no rag doll physics, bad AI, no Close Quarters Combat) and fixed them. The graphics are amazing, some of the best on the Xbox. The enemies finally have some brains, and have real sounding conversation. One awesome things is the ability to us alternate roots to get some where, in every room there is This is the greatest stealth game ever; they took all the bad things about Splinter Cell 1 (no rag doll physics, bad AI, no Close Quarters Combat) and fixed them. The graphics are amazing, some of the best on the Xbox. The enemies finally have some brains, and have real sounding conversation. One awesome things is the ability to us alternate roots to get some where, in every room there is almost always a secrete air ducked, or something like that that will bring you to your goal faster. But without a doubt my favorite thing is the knife. In Splinter Cell one it was impossible to take someone down close to them innless you were able to grab them. But now you can gut them like a fish or give them a little air buy opening there necks. What you Expand
  5. MarkW.
    Mar 10, 2004
    The Splinter Cell games hold the crown as Ubi's best, and Pandora Tomorrow promises to be well beyond the first. Count on incredible graphics, amazing dynamic lighting, and challenging gameplay. Don't forget an incredible revolutionary online mode!
  6. Forsaken77
    Mar 17, 2004
    Best stealth game, period!
  7. Samfisher
    Apr 14, 2004
    This game is awesome, multiplayer is amazing.
  8. JuanR.
    May 30, 2004
    This game rocks!
  9. ScottyS.
    Jun 22, 2004
    I think you will find that I really like these stealth based games ay. There is not better feeling than hiding from people. I had enormous trouble finishing the game though and had to resort to asking my more apt friend to show me how to finish the final stage. A great game though just quietly.
  10. SamF.
    Sep 3, 2004
    Greatest game ever created. Worth every single penny.Sam is the coolest possible character ever put in a video game. Absolutely love it. If you liked the first one, you'll love this one. My advice, sell whatever you have to sell to get this game.
  11. Girlygirl
    Jan 28, 2005
    I love this game, it is sooooo fun!
  12. RobA.
    Mar 24, 2004
    I thought the 1st Splinter Cell was easy. I just got this game about 2 hours ago. The modifications are awesome, except for the pipes. I keep on pressing B when they changed the control to Y. Also the quick inventory is now the white button, and the black button is the whistle. Not something I want when I'm trying to change to a diversion camera. Anyways, this one seems a lot tougher I thought the 1st Splinter Cell was easy. I just got this game about 2 hours ago. The modifications are awesome, except for the pipes. I keep on pressing B when they changed the control to Y. Also the quick inventory is now the white button, and the black button is the whistle. Not something I want when I'm trying to change to a diversion camera. Anyways, this one seems a lot tougher than the first one. The Paris mission (2nd one) is a lot tougher than Georgian Defense Ministry would ever be. I guess they assume that you have played SC before, because a lot of concepts (like the SC 20k) are not covered. You just start with it. I also love the alarm stage levels. This one also seems to have a better storyline. If I haven't convinced you of getting it yet, you should hear about the crazy multiplayer. This is the BEST XBox Live game so far. Also, each copy of SC: PT has either a 2 month, or 1 year subscription too Xbox-Live. I love this game, and I hope you love it too. Expand
  13. LudaChris
    Mar 29, 2004
    If I was on a deserted island with one game after playing this game the answer is obvious.
  14. TheGame
    Mar 31, 2004
    Most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Yeah, the levels might be linear if you want to nitpick, but there are so many diffrent ways to solve a situation that it never bothered me. Graphics and sound are top-of-the-line and the story is interesting but not over the top like other games. (*cough* Metal Gear * cough*). The Splinter Cell games are now better than the Metal Gear Most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Yeah, the levels might be linear if you want to nitpick, but there are so many diffrent ways to solve a situation that it never bothered me. Graphics and sound are top-of-the-line and the story is interesting but not over the top like other games. (*cough* Metal Gear * cough*). The Splinter Cell games are now better than the Metal Gear Solid games in every way IMO. Multiplayer on Xbox Live is quite simply the most fun I've ever had playing videogames and I've played alot of them. The thrill of being a spy and talking to the person whos neck your about to snap is unmatched. My Xbox Live gamer tag is TheGame2464. Add me. PLEASE support this game. Expand
  15. BillLumburg
    Apr 18, 2004
    This game is insane. I won't describe it since everyone else already has... but just know that it rocks, especially on Xbox ( 7.1 surround sound).
  16. JBingaman
    Apr 30, 2004
    This game has a revolutionary online multiplayer component. It makes me reminisce about the NES classic SPY vs. SPY. The items at your disposal as a spy or a terrorist are cool, and the fact that terrorists are in first person is very cool for those who tire of the third. The graphics are beautiful and the missions are complex and challenging. A must have for online gamers who are fans of This game has a revolutionary online multiplayer component. It makes me reminisce about the NES classic SPY vs. SPY. The items at your disposal as a spy or a terrorist are cool, and the fact that terrorists are in first person is very cool for those who tire of the third. The graphics are beautiful and the missions are complex and challenging. A must have for online gamers who are fans of the genre and fans of the first SC. See you online! Expand
  17. Mr.beefy
    Apr 8, 2004
    I must say this is excellent. You get to do a lot more things that you did in the first one. Everything is 99.99% better that the first. I say if you really like these cind of games (stelth) then you should deffenatly buy it. Andrew A.
  18. MattMori
    May 27, 2004
    Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow is the sequel to the the original Splinter Cell. I highly recommend buying the Splinter Cell first and then SCPT in order to see my point of view on this game. ++++Like the first game I was taken away by the lighting effects. The game looks gorgeous from enviornments to backgrounds. It didn't dramatically change the game but it was nothing I didn't Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow is the sequel to the the original Splinter Cell. I highly recommend buying the Splinter Cell first and then SCPT in order to see my point of view on this game. ++++Like the first game I was taken away by the lighting effects. The game looks gorgeous from enviornments to backgrounds. It didn't dramatically change the game but it was nothing I didn't see in the first game. I guess it's like getting a kite for you're 8th birthday and then getting a slightly bigger kite with ribbons trailing behind it for your're 9th birtday-sure you have a new kite but one it's nothing that you haven't seen already. Along with the new enviornments (jungle, airport, market places) you also have a few new acrobatic moves. Even as Sam seemingly gets older with age he can now do a split jump and leap up to higher edges. The new move is called the 'swat turn' which is helpful when it's needed. A quick 360 turn to pass over open doors or pillars. Sam can also whislte to get a gaurd's attention. I didn't use it much but it's much like Metal Gear's 'knock on wall' move. But let's be honest, who whisltes? However this is only the 1st player single campaign. SCPT, brings a revolutionary online/system link stealth mulitplayer. It's the first time I've ever seen a game which incorporates both the stealth aspect and 1st person shooter into one game. The multiplayer is the most important feautre in this game, without it, I wouldn't give it such a good score. The multiplayer can be played with a maximum of four people either on XBOX LIVE or SYSTEM LINK. Imagine playing hide-n-go-seek with night vision, guns, and neck snapping abilities. Two spies and two ARGUS members can go head to head in three types of matches (sabatoge, extraction, neutralization). There are about seven or eight maps to play on. The multiplayer is really balanced, both sides have weapons and gadgets that can attack and counter-attack each other. Spies are like Sam but they have some differnt moves then Sam. ARGUS members are the 1st person 'defenders,' it's like playing Rainbow Six 3. ARGUS can pick spy traps, mines, flares, grenades, and tazers. New vision modes which can detect motion and EMF vision which can detect night/thermal usage. A seemingly endless balance of both spies and ARGUS make for a fantastic game. You can also play on a SYSTEM LINK if you don't have XBOX LIVE, which was a great addition. You can also explore every map alone as a spy or ARGUS member:this can help enormously, when you want some practice.++++ ----There are problems mostly with the single player. I didn't like the story to SCPT, it was almost as lame as the first. I wanted better physics for the second game, bodies still clip through walls. The single campaign was a little short and the linear game play was tiresome. The new moves were only allowed in certain areas which was a big let down. There was no sense of freedom or exploration or new tactics I could use, because the game was so linear. But I've heard there is a alternate ending but I didn't watch it. The little things I wanted to do I couldn't. I look for the little things and if I want to shoot a can, it better break and spray soda all over (MGS2), but no such luck. Shooting the can did nothing, a bullet hole was pasted on the can, but it didn't sound different, no soda came rushing out, the can didn't even move. There were no extra features or awards when I beat the single player, nothing.---- ====I found this game to be pretty fun and enjoyable. The single player alone without the multiplayer would probably get a score of 7.9 because it didn't change much from the 1st. It just added a little bit to the original but nothing to special. The mulitplayer really saved this game the interaction with people on XBOX LIVE or playing in the other room with a friend on the SYSTEM LINK really added to the replayability. New moves for the single player but not used enough, lighting was a little better but not enough. So, grab a friend play the mulitplayer and witness something you've never seen before. Have fun, enjoy it, play smart-stay in the shadows.... Collapse
  19. RoyJ.
    Jun 21, 2004
    A truly magnificent game! Though not as challenging as Splinter Cell 1 it still is a beautiful game with incredible graphics. A real recommendation!!!
  20. Cyph
    Mar 22, 2004
    What a great game, damn, its hot! Whats going on with Ubisoft, they are rolling out the hits lately!
  21. AJS.
    Mar 23, 2004
    This is by far the best stealth action game ever. Splinter Cell lived up to its theme: "Stealth Action Redefined." However, SC was very linear, and thus I would give it only a 9. UbiSoft created PT for more realism. Anyway, the best part of thi is the multiplayer. Just another great reason to get Xbox Live. I only hope its metascore can beat 93 (SC's score).
    May 17, 2004
    This Game is the best game ever. Multiplayer is awesome. Strange story, but great gameplay.
  23. AlecB.
    Sep 25, 2006
    I own every Splintercell game that is out and this one is my favorite one. All of the Splintercell games are mind addicting and I cant wait to get Double Agent for the PS3.
  24. Nov 29, 2011
    Another excellent title from the Splinter Cell series, I love the stealth games and this is one of the best. I've played through this game countless times, it never gets old.

1. 9 / 8 / 7 / 8  - gold [Vol 852]
  2. No multiplayer title has ever bound and balanced two wholly different games this way.
    It's oozing with every bit the quality of the original but is more refined, with even more attention to detail, more streamlined gameplay and more missions.