Tony Hawk's American Wasteland Xbox

1. Sam
    May 23, 2006
    The THPS and rather short THUG series were great, and I was expecting a similar game with some different twists to call it a new game. I got a new game alright, but just a different one than I expected. Basically, the whole game feels like you've won 100% of your Dad's inherritance, but he only had 500 dollars in it.
  2. SamM.
    May 7, 2006
    never played a better game i dont no what the others are on about tony hawks has awsome graphix and is almost real this is a most buy.
  3. KyleL.
    Feb 10, 2006
    One word to describe: Stupid! What are these guys rying to do? Cant they just make a realistic/good graphic skateboard game?
  4. SeanC.
    Dec 25, 2005
    this is the best tony hawk game yet. the way you can roam around all of california and go into stores and stuff it is cool.
  5. BobR.
    Dec 18, 2005
    it is one of the worst (best) games ive played today!
  6. GregH.
    Dec 11, 2005
    i like the trailers but what is the game realy like.
  7. ShilohE.
    Nov 18, 2005
    Deep game. Tons of extras. Fun, but you've played this before.
  8. BenG.
    Nov 8, 2005
    Give me a realistic skating game. PLEASE. They're so desprate they made up physicaly impossible new moves. Its better than the THUG games but not as good as the 4 origanals. The only cool part is the bikes. They rock. Multiplayer is bad, though.
  9. DevanP.
    Nov 4, 2005
    Good Game.
  10. KykeM.
    Nov 2, 2005
    The graphics are'nt the best, but the rich environment and the freedom to skate is very cool,so that's why I give it a 9.
  11. John
    Nov 1, 2005
    Awful cinematics, bad collisions everywhere, and the games freezes alot, ps2 graphics on xbox; unacceptable. Even the cover of the box is uotdated. Enough of this....
  12. HonyTawk
    Oct 28, 2005
    I would give THPS2, 3, and 4 all 10/10s. But the THUGs and this one can sort of be lumped together. They're disappointing, but good enough to still warrant an 8. The gameplay remains fun, but the new levels and goals could use a lot more inventiveness and originality. Very few are memorable or distinctive.
  13. FPSMaster
    Oct 22, 2005
    For once, I agree with the Sony biased EGM. This series needs to just go away. It's getting worse than all the sports sequels every 2 months and all the Dynasty Warriors games that have come out in the past 4 years. Please stop making these games before Tony Hawk has to use a wheelchair to get around. Please, enough already.

#46 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. Though it might not be as great as "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2" in my mind, it's still a pleasure to play.
  2. AceGamez
    An old game in new clothing.
  3. Edge Magazine
    The title is just painfully apt: never has a free-roaming structure brought so little to improve the quality of a game's world. The mooted open-ended environments of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland feel like a fallacy, a bleak repackaging for hocking the game to a jaded audience. [Dec 2005, p.107]