Wings of War Xbox

5.0

1. MikeyD.
    Aug 30, 2004
    Not a bad flight sim, easy to pick up and play and just enough variety of planes to keep you interested. Gets a little repetitive after a while, but a nice change to the usual games coming out on Xbox. Reminicent of 'Wings' on the Amiga - anyone who liked that will be sure to enjoy this badboy!
  2. DanS.
    Sep 3, 2004
    A good and fun game!
  3. TysonJ.
    Aug 21, 2004
    Wings of War on Xbox is painfully pathetic. Slow and awkward controls and if the gameplay keeps you entertained for longer than 5 mins its safe to say your easily pleased. When will Xbox bring out an awesome flying game with action and realism that simulates real flight. Dont touch this... wings of war is crap.
  4. BPeteS.
    Sep 18, 2004
    I wish someone would create a game as good as Crimson Skies about WWI fighter pilots. Wings of War ain't it. The game is fun for about 5 minutes, then becomes drearily repetitive. It's graphically clumsy. The AI is rough. The music is flat. This game kept asking me to feed it quarters. I wish somebody would make a darker Crimson Skies about WW1 dogfighting with that game's I wish someone would create a game as good as Crimson Skies about WWI fighter pilots. Wings of War ain't it. The game is fun for about 5 minutes, then becomes drearily repetitive. It's graphically clumsy. The AI is rough. The music is flat. This game kept asking me to feed it quarters. I wish somebody would make a darker Crimson Skies about WW1 dogfighting with that game's same great graphics and addictive gameplay. Expand

#100 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. One of the downsides that I thought took away from the game was the lack of a story in the game. So you really never get that connection in the game that really makes you want to go all the way through the game.
  2. GMR Magazine
    Each of the 19 planes is drawn in astounding detail, but unfortunately, for all the modeled damage and intricate cockpits, the game physics are a little too arcadey. [Dec 2004, p.133]
  3. For some it will become too repetitive, as you can only shoot down so many opponents or destroy so many targets before it all becomes a little boring.