8.0

1. SirAndyL
    Apr 14, 2005
    I like it. I like it loads! I believe it to be a well play tested and complex game which can be appreciated on a variety of different levels. It runs quickly and maintains a good level of fast paced action. Just watch out for sudden death mode! I would say i am actually IN love with this game.
  2. Rule
    Feb 28, 2005
    Fantastic! They have done it again.
  3. ScottS.
    Apr 18, 2005
    After walking through the tutorial (a MUST in this game) I got to say that I am liking this game quite a bit! I found it for 20 bucks (american) and has to be one of the best 'blind' purchases I have ever made for the PS2. I picked it up because it was worms, and it was 3-d. I really hope that i can invert the camera scroll, at it is very hard to use in present state... howeverAfter walking through the tutorial (a MUST in this game) I got to say that I am liking this game quite a bit! I found it for 20 bucks (american) and has to be one of the best 'blind' purchases I have ever made for the PS2. I picked it up because it was worms, and it was 3-d. I really hope that i can invert the camera scroll, at it is very hard to use in present state... however the gameplay itself is fun, and keeps all the best things about worms 2d. The environment is NOT destructible anymore, however the buildings you create are. Each team builds a base, and the point is to blow up the enemy base or kill off every worm. You even capture strategic points to upgrade weaponry, or create buildings that give your troops bonuses. The combat is the same, you have to aim and account for wind and trajectory when firing. But to use the high-end weapons (grandma, sheep, the standard worms stuff) you need to create a better base. All and all, a great addition to the worms collection. I was beginning to feel like team17 did not have much left to offer other than new voices and weapons to their classic hit series, but this new turn from them shows great promise. I think the reviews here are underrated, but this game is definitely worth a rent, and at 20 bucks just buy it. Expand
  4. BernieChristianC.
    Apr 13, 2005
    Not since matrix revolutions has a company released such a complete turkey in the sure knowledge of a certain profit margin regardless of quality. In future i believe people should roast copies of this game for the festive meal instead of the traditional bird. I feel insulted that my electricity bill is fractionally higher due to the time i spent downloading this game, should i have Not since matrix revolutions has a company released such a complete turkey in the sure knowledge of a certain profit margin regardless of quality. In future i believe people should roast copies of this game for the festive meal instead of the traditional bird. I feel insulted that my electricity bill is fractionally higher due to the time i spent downloading this game, should i have invested £40 on it instead of getting the pirate i would personally abuse the children of each of the families of the game developers as this is what they have done to the children of the world who played this game. Expand

1. The fun really does lie in the multiplayer, because the drunken laughs my friends and I have had with this game have been fantastic and they went on and on into the early hours. "Crack another can open, lets have another match, I won't lose this time!" - is something you'll find yourself saying more often than not.
  2. Forts Under Siege might have enough reward on offer but the series is still relying on gamers to meet it halfway by investing ample time and patience in learning its demanding intricacies. [Dec 2004, p.112]
  3. Playing Worms Forts is not entirely unlike finding that you have just been poured the worm out of the bottom of a tequila bottle. You're not entirely sure about whether it's a good thing or not; but swig back this odd looking creature and an hour later good times follow.