X-Men Legends Xbox

8.5

1. JM
    Jul 8, 2005
    A fun game, with cool cel-shaded graphics, 15 characters,gameplay that doesnt get repetitive and lasts a long time its a game thats hard to match up to. Besides Jade Empire which is the best RPG out.
  2. HankL.
    Oct 22, 2004
    This game is really really good. The story is excellent and the stratagy involved is enough to make the best gamer loading his game. Other good action rpg's are Fable and KOTOR. (And whatever you do 'Do not buy a GameCube and Do not get Zelda' that game is meant for the younger less mature minded)
  3. MichaelC.
    Oct 19, 2004
    Did I miss something? I seem to be the only person who doesn't like this game. Gameplay is repetitive, missions are linear, and the graphics and voice acting leave something to be desired as well. Now, make no mistake, I'm not much of an X-Men fan or a comic reader in general, but I pride myself on knowing a good action/RPG. If you happen to be an X-Men fan, you'll probably Did I miss something? I seem to be the only person who doesn't like this game. Gameplay is repetitive, missions are linear, and the graphics and voice acting leave something to be desired as well. Now, make no mistake, I'm not much of an X-Men fan or a comic reader in general, but I pride myself on knowing a good action/RPG. If you happen to be an X-Men fan, you'll probably love this game, as it does cover a lot of the storyline and give you lots of options to choose and develop your characters. However, if you're just looking for a good RPG, go get Fable or KOTOR, or, better yet, buy a Gamecube and get Zelda. Expand
  4. OmarL.
    Oct 18, 2004
    The best xmen game yet.
  5. Jesse
    Oct 17, 2004
    It took about 23 hours to beat X-Men Legends but it was the best action RPG game on XBOX since Star Wars KOTOR. The game follows the comic more so than the movie so all the classic X-men are there. The game took about a hour to get use to then it was next to impossible to stop playing. Great cinematics, cool character ability and a pretty nice ending with some cool special upgrades for It took about 23 hours to beat X-Men Legends but it was the best action RPG game on XBOX since Star Wars KOTOR. The game follows the comic more so than the movie so all the classic X-men are there. The game took about a hour to get use to then it was next to impossible to stop playing. Great cinematics, cool character ability and a pretty nice ending with some cool special upgrades for winning the game. It was hard to pick a favorite character from the game because all of them were great at certain times but Storm turned into a awesome choice around level 25. Nightcrawler was a total blast, very effective against bosses. Rogue& Wolverine made a great pair for just brute force. I do like the fact that all the levels seemed to be completely destructible. It was very cool to have a character like Colossus throw a bad guy through the wall and they actually go through it (bricks flying and all). I have the Xbox version and it's not the most jaw dropping graphics but they are very true to the comic style (cell shaded.) If you like RPG games at all (especially ones that are more action based then puzzle based) then this would be a good pick. Another plus was all fighting is done real time not turn based like old RPG's. Worth the money and buy far the best X-Men game to come out! Expand
  6. GeorgeP.
    Oct 4, 2004
    This is a great game. The only negative for me were the character graphics during cut scenes or for example when you are taking the tour of the mansion. other than that i love this game. Finally a great X-Men game.
  7. NeilV.
    Sep 27, 2004
    A spectacular game. *Plenty*of action games and games of other genres have "invisible walls", it's called defining the borders of your playable world in the game. There is extreme attention to detail and the game is a MUST HAVE for any X-Men fans. Lots of fun!
  8. MarkJ.
    Sep 27, 2004
    The camera angle takes a little getting used to and the fighting can be a little chaotic, but overall this game is a blast. If you at all like the X-men or rpg's, you will like this game. Honestly, I love to use Jean Grey and use her mind to throw around bad guys and telekinetically pick up benches and smash them against the wall. Or teleport around using Nightcrawler...the level ups The camera angle takes a little getting used to and the fighting can be a little chaotic, but overall this game is a blast. If you at all like the X-men or rpg's, you will like this game. Honestly, I love to use Jean Grey and use her mind to throw around bad guys and telekinetically pick up benches and smash them against the wall. Or teleport around using Nightcrawler...the level ups are fun and getting to see all the different powers is cool. I haven't even unlocked half of the characters yet and I love it. Bottom line: worth the buy, lots of fun. Expand
  9. Uter
    Sep 24, 2004
    I've never seen a game with so many invisible walls to walk into. I believe this is a game only an rpg fanatic could love. During your everyday life do you often think about how you'll level up your video game characters? If not, take a pass.
  10. RobP.
    Sep 21, 2004
    Simply fun, thats all you need to know. No learning curve...pick it up, kill the bad guys, and enjoy the effects. Plus 15 X-men characters...C'mon go get it!

#48 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#12 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. The combat in the game is very entertaining and combine that with a very solid storyline and you have a game that will make any X-Men fan very happy.
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    This is fan service - and competitive gaming - done right. [Dec 2004, p.84]
  3. Legends has features coming out of its ears - in keeping with the general mutant theme - but you'll need to be a RPG/mutant/comic fan to truly care. That's no bad thing, but this is pretty niche, if sometimes highly enjoyable and surprisingly complex stuff, with some niggling glitches.