6.9

1. Jan 25, 2013
    This film works because the audience are given a group of well rounded characters; many of which are quite likable, which helps. These are then put into a sequence of situations that resolve themselves into a satisfactory conclusion. Of course we are taken on quite a journey before this conclusion and I can see how some may find the plot a little hard to follow. Fortunately I have read theThis film works because the audience are given a group of well rounded characters; many of which are quite likable, which helps. These are then put into a sequence of situations that resolve themselves into a satisfactory conclusion. Of course we are taken on quite a journey before this conclusion and I can see how some may find the plot a little hard to follow. Fortunately I have read the Shakespeare play and even seen it performed and so am familiar with all its twists and turns. I love the way it Expand
  2. Sep 29, 2011
    I'm not normally one for Romantic teen movies, but I really enjoyed this movie.

The whole cast do a great job, but special praise has to go to Heath Ledger, who sadly is no longer with us. He's great in this movie, as is the rest of the cast.

Larisa Oleynik looks absolutely stunning in this movie, and you can see why its a case of love at first site for Cameron.
  3. Oct 18, 2014
    Featuring what is to this day considered one of Julia Stiles finest performances (if not her finest), as well as a remarkably brilliant performance by Heath Ledger, making this teen flick one of the best teen movies to come out of the 90s.
  4. Sep 17, 2013
    This film can be watched in any generation whether it's the 90's or now and it still raises relevant problems for teenagers. It's exactly what all teenagers go through, problems with relationships which will be relevant in any day and age
  5. Mar 23, 2013
    Classic teen flick accurately representing the late 90s. I'm still writing because they said this has to be 150 characters long, so im still writing because apparently i haven't reached that yet.
  6. Jun 4, 2012
    Excellent movie full of great characters. The late Heath Ledger was very good in this (as well as everything else he did) as was Julia Stiles. It requires you to not think too much of course, but most good movies are like that, that's what they are for after all.
  7. Marta
    Mar 29, 2002
    This is one of the greatest movies of its type!!! A true inspiration to all teenagers. Its success is greatly due to Julia Stile's excellent performance.
  8. NicoleD.
    Oct 8, 2003
    Good movie.
  9. BriannaC.
    Jun 9, 2005
    I absolutly love it!!! I saw it for the first time in english and we watched the taming of the shrew as well and its just a great, funny, modern transformation. Its really worth the watch.
  10. AliceM.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Relates to children of this era and tells them the story of Taming of the Shrew in a modern world. If Shakespeare was here today he would of approved most probably!
  11. NinaF.
    May 1, 2002
    This is my most favourite film!!! I LOVE Heath Ledger!!!!
  12. Jasmine
    May 15, 2002
    This was a great movie, and not just because of Heath Ledger. I thought the movie was well done and the characters were captivating. I'm not normally a fan of movies like this, but I loved it.
  13. G.M.D.K.
    Jun 4, 2005
    Funny, charming, and smartly entertaining!
  14. LatassiaK.
    Aug 19, 2002
    Adorable characters, likeable story, affable production all in a one lovable (and laughable!) movie!
  15. MarissaK.
    Apr 20, 2004
    I LOVE Joseph Gordon Levitt!~!~!~!
    Sep 10, 2004
    This is my all time favorite movie! i know all of the words to modern day sonnet. Every time i watch this movie its like im seeing it for the first time again!!!
  17. KayeC.
    Jun 6, 2007
    It was funny and not bad for a chick flick, I liked most of the music.
  18. Helen
    Jan 2, 2009
    Love the film, but agree with the San Francisco Chronicles review, the charachters change far to much and it just seems to unrealistic. still a great film!
  19. IreneB.
    Aug 18, 2002
    A truly non-hateable craft.
  20. AshleyP.
    Oct 26, 2004
    I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! It's the Best.
  21. VisnjaB.
    Sep 24, 2004
    Loved it!!!

While the attractive cast is willing, the translation into '90s teen culture is weak -- like a clueless adult's notion of cool.
    And yet ... gee, the movie is charming, despite its exhausted wheeze of an ancient recycled plot idea.
    What sets this apart from its many competitors for teen dollars is that not only does the movie feature a surprisingly edgy and intelligent script, but it offers a group of characters capable of holding an audience's interest for more than 90 minutes.