Fox Searchlight Pictures | Release Date: November 5, 2010
8.1
Universal acclaim based on 600 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
zperry-20Aug 16, 2014
Although the film is incredibly predictable and some what of a bore at times , Franco provides a excellent performance and the directing is superb. The movie provides emotion but this emotion could not carry through for the whole film.
TokyochuchuSep 8, 2012
127 Hours is a fine film. That said, once you've seen it there is nothing to really draw you back. I enjoyed the respectable performance from James Franco and Danny Boyle's sharp directing. And that tendon tweaking scene... OOooowwwwww!
MrC3030Jan 31, 2011
This was pretty interesting bio-pic!!! I couldn't image going through something like this!!! Even though this film felt a little "Hollywood" in spots, it still was great story. Also a great performance by James Franco.
TahaJan 25, 2011
A simple one line movie. I only enjoyed the last 5 min of it thats where the juice is rest the movie is as straight as a line, no twist totally predictable. I guess this is not the sort of work that on expects from such a distinctiveA simple one line movie. I only enjoyed the last 5 min of it thats where the juice is rest the movie is as straight as a line, no twist totally predictable. I guess this is not the sort of work that on expects from such a distinctive director. From my perspective wasting your time just to watch the 70 min of the movie which only contain a person trying to free himself is not that attractive. In one word.. Boring Expand
JamesLNov 25, 2010
This is a well made movie given the limits of the story. Unfortunately, this is not a story that really interested me. My rating is biased by that. Boyle is a great director and I applaud his work. The film did spark a heated theologicalThis is a well made movie given the limits of the story. Unfortunately, this is not a story that really interested me. My rating is biased by that. Boyle is a great director and I applaud his work. The film did spark a heated theological debate between the three of us who saw it. The Christian among us thought that God saved him. The Buddhist among us thought that his misfortune was caused by his lack of connection or respect for nature. The agnostic who is yours truly thought that God did not have anything to do with the boulder falling on him or his cutting off his arm. I saw it as a random event. Expand