7.1

1. JobA
    Feb 22, 2009
    Stephen King,Steven King-only a great mind like his could make such a great movie.I've seen this movie 4 times and still love it just as much as when I first saw it.
  2. Apr 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Given that King adaptations are typically awful jokes, 1408 merits praise merely for being not abysmal. That said - it's a good little chiller that should have been great. So much is wonderful, including Cusack's droll awareness of playing the same, weary, cynical dude. The settings, the silences, the pacing - all grand, really. What goes wrong? TOO MUCH EXPOSITION, and the misleading kind. Based on the first 30 minutes, 1408 is beyond deadly. It's sadistic, vile, and very, very fast, given the self-mutilations which have occurred within it, and in mere minutes. But Cusack's experience, a few harmless phantoms aside, isn't terrifying; it's all about sadness and his personal despair. I expect more from a room that induces a maid to stab her eyes out in mere seconds.
    But - hey, it's all right. And the hotel window/ledge scenes are bloody fabulous.
  3. LamyaaA.
    Feb 1, 2010
    Do you know let me tell you some, this movie realy deserve 9 because you gonna use your mined like a puzzle, so trust me it is realy something eals to discover what the hiding thing and the exciting in it.
  4. JaredB.
    Oct 15, 2007
    If you like psychological thrillers, don't miss 1408. Even an hour after watching this, there are some images that I still can't get out of my head. This was a great film.
  5. DaleM.
    Jun 25, 2007
    This movie is similar in many ways to the old Twilight Zones. You never really know what's real and what isn't. If you like the slash and gore kind of scary movies, this movie isn't for you.
  6. NickV
    Jun 25, 2007
    1408 is a throwback to classic horror. A little of everything is thrown together in this movie. Hafstrom manages to stew in some Twilight Zone, Hitchcock and that classic horror feel.
  7. JamieL.
    Jun 28, 2007
    I honestly had no idea that this movie would end up being my second favorite movie in the past two years. The trailer makes it look like it could possibly be a mediocre Hollywood film. On the contrary, this film is about 95% genuine which is pretty high considering it is an American thriller. I noticed maybe two cliches in the film, and they didn't bother me very much because I was I honestly had no idea that this movie would end up being my second favorite movie in the past two years. The trailer makes it look like it could possibly be a mediocre Hollywood film. On the contrary, this film is about 95% genuine which is pretty high considering it is an American thriller. I noticed maybe two cliches in the film, and they didn't bother me very much because I was so enthralled by the quality of the rest of the film. Cusack's performance was genuine and the film would not have been nearly as good without his unique acting style. This movie got me all worked up with excitement! Afterwards when I left the theatre, someone was shot outside; I drove off pretty fast from fear. Watch 1408!!! Expand
  8. JasonS.
    Jun 29, 2007
    I walked out of the theater wondering if I'm in room 1408. this movie rocks! Cusak completely loses his mind in 1 hour.
  9. TealH.
    Jul 4, 2007
    I really appreciated the fact that someone has finally made a scary movie that isn't all blood and gore. It's refreshing to see a movie that genuinely tries to frighten its audience, not just gross them out! Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than the dime-a-dozen teen slashers that have passed for "horror" movies in the past decade.
  10. DonnaL.
    Jul 8, 2007
    Not many movies can make you laugh out loud, cry bitterly and cause you to shake, gasp and scream with terror, as this one did.
  11. RyanD.
    Oct 22, 2007
    This movie was wonderful. I don't what the other people's problem is, except to say that have watched too much modern "horror" movies and have become desensitized. Look, the bottom line is THIS IS NOT HORROR. Which is good, because the horror movies lately have no concept story or suspense. They think good films are measured in buckets of blood and bodycount. This movie is a This movie was wonderful. I don't what the other people's problem is, except to say that have watched too much modern "horror" movies and have become desensitized. Look, the bottom line is THIS IS NOT HORROR. Which is good, because the horror movies lately have no concept story or suspense. They think good films are measured in buckets of blood and bodycount. This movie is a suspense, and it does a great job. Expand
  12. PeterJ.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Fantastic movie. One of the best scary movies I've seen in a long time. And the secondary story of his life is riveting. A must see for those of us who still have an attention span.
    Jun 21, 2007
    This movie was honestly terrifying. A Brilliant script, topped of with excellent acting make this highly entertaining horror film one hell of a ride.
  14. JoshS.
    Jun 24, 2007
    It was really good horror film if u like Stephen King u will like this. If your the person who likes all that gore in horror films then u won't like this because there is not a lot of gore in this.
  15. KurW.
    Jun 25, 2007
    One of the best horror movies I've seen in recent months. I really enjoyed it.
  16. DavidK.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Great film if you ask me, a little weird and at a few bits u may be confused but, seriously not many films of recent or past made me jump or be scared like this one did, Now don't call me a wimp because I'v seen my fair share of horror's as I am a horror fanatic and have seen many many many horrors.
  17. PaulaM
    Jun 24, 2007
    A very engaging film----locked me in from the beginning. John Cusack was awesome. How refreshing to have suspense without gore.
  18. Jan 2, 2014
    God, this movie was really, really, gripping. Even if it doesn't live up to The Conjuring, 1408 is still another great Stephen King adaptation. Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack are perfect in this movie.
  19. Nov 25, 2014
    This is one of the best horror movies i have ever seen.
    This movie is amazing, this is not a common horror films, this one have a elements that make this confuse, scary and rare. But the movie starts to become boring.
    And still have the jump scares.

1. A deft Stephen King freak-out.
  2. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    Even with its flaws, 1408 deserves to be appreciated by connoisseurs of acting and bravura filmmaking.
  3. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    For star John Cusack, it's a perfect fit.