New Line Cinema | Release Date: April 17, 2009
6.0
Mixed or average reviews based on 171 Ratings
WATCH NOW
SEROJMay 10, 2015
Without Matthew Perry, i would've given this movie lower score! But even though the story has flaws, i think its worth a watch... fun but decent! 5/10
TragicShowJan 1, 2015
This movie seems to embrace how utterly cliche it is. Man has family with wife, daughter, and son. Kids don't love him, wife wants a divorce, blah, blah, blah. We've all seen it a hundred times before so I don't think I need to explain itThis movie seems to embrace how utterly cliche it is. Man has family with wife, daughter, and son. Kids don't love him, wife wants a divorce, blah, blah, blah. We've all seen it a hundred times before so I don't think I need to explain it further. But for literally no reason at all, the main character Mike apparently has some kind of fairy godmother who takes the form of a janitor (this is never really explained... ever). This eventually leads to him falling off of a bridge into a magical whirlpool and then turning...You guessed it... 17 again. Anyone who has ever seen a movie before in their entire life can guess how it ends, so If I gave away the ending, it wouldn't really be a spoiler. There aren't any twists or surprises whatsoever. I knew how it was going to end before I even started watching it. Expand
AutiTakahashiDec 12, 2012
The first minutes of "17 Again" are proud to present a shirtless and sweaty Zac Efron. Now observe yourself. Observe yourself, real hard. How did that first sentence made you feel? Did it excite you? Discouraged you? Made you laugh? Anything?The first minutes of "17 Again" are proud to present a shirtless and sweaty Zac Efron. Now observe yourself. Observe yourself, real hard. How did that first sentence made you feel? Did it excite you? Discouraged you? Made you laugh? Anything? I ask you this because that feeling will most likely stay with you for the rest of the film.

Now girls, calm down. I can explain the negative rating. You see, I'm one of the guys. How would you feel if you watched a movie about Vanessa Hudgens with nothing to be about except to remind you that it's starring Vanessa Hudgens?

More reviews at: http://localmoviereview.com/
GagaForGhibliJun 6, 2012
The Plot Is So Unoriginal! The Script Is A Copy Of A Copy..
Zac Efron And Michelle Trachtenberg Do A Amazing Job Acting That I Why The Movie Is A 5!
JayH.Jul 30, 2009
Cute but nothing spectacular. The fact that she acknowledges that Zac Efron looks exactly like her husband when he was a teen and doesn't put 2 and 2 together is a bit off. But, it's quite watchable and it does entertain.
EnzoP.Jun 22, 2009
17 Again is a fun movie to watch and better then I thought it would be. But the problem about the movie is that it has so many cliche moments that its amazing how many it has.
SelinaM.May 2, 2009
The movies was terrible in the sense of entertaining it, but the story line was so cliche and anyone could have picked out the next scene. It was over done, sappy if your into that.
EileenLApr 26, 2009
It was such an obviously poor copy of the themes in Back To The Future and Its A Wonderful Life. There is no way that Zac Efron would grow up to look like Matthew Perry . I didn't like the casting.
kgmApr 20, 2009
This movie has some refreshing wholesome attitudes towards teen sex and responsibility which is commendable. Zac carries this flick on his shoulders and handles his bizness well. You
R.LApr 19, 2009
Every teen generation needs a good body swap/turn the clock back type of story and 17 again is one of those stories, Mike O'Donnell had it all. He was the star of his high schools basket ball team. He had Scarlet the most beautiful girl Every teen generation needs a good body swap/turn the clock back type of story and 17 again is one of those stories, Mike O'Donnell had it all. He was the star of his high schools basket ball team. He had Scarlet the most beautiful girl in the school as his girlfriend. Right before the game that could make him into a star, Scarlet tells Mike she's pregnant, Mike makes a drastic and life altering decision and runs out of the game to be with her giving up his chances of becoming a basket ball star, now 20 years later Mike's regretting it all and wishes he could do it all over again, and by some miraculous way he does. 17 again is a cool and stylish what if movie, brings to light the question of what if you could change your life, if you could live it all over again.What would you do different? That's the question this movie propose and tells with a grand lush style that resonates with the teen population and even with the adults too, 17 again is not just some teen movie, it's a movie that even adults between the ages of 30-50 would enjoy it, my dad sure did. But this film has it's flaws and some very minor bad dialogue from Zack Efron but nothing that would hamper this films style or production, but in my honest opinion this film was very good, this movie is not oscar worthy but it's definitely worth the price of admission. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful