5.5

1. Nov 19, 2014
    Ah yes the beautiful director from Independence Day (1996), and The Day After Tomorrow (2004) comes in with a beaiutiful face-slapping and gut wrenching heart of special effects. 2012 is one of my favorite movies of all time and the one of the best disaster films in the book. It wasn't so hard to do, Roland Emmerich is the king of destruction without a doubt. "2012" is the literal end of the world where a family struggles to survive as the world everywhere crumbles . Earthquakes, Volcano's , the ultimate tsunami's, land shifting here and there. Its pretty much a crumble and crunching time here and there but the movie isn't just that, its much more.

The earthquake scene in Los Angeles is the best, Lilly, the little girl was my favorite in this movie., the "escapes" John Cusack did in the Limo wasn't stupid, it was silly in a very funny entertaining way and felt like something in a dumb cartoon but in this case, if you have a crumbling city devastation fest with funny remarks, its a scene I was watching and STILL am over and over again. Roland Emmerich is awesome!

there's plenty of other stuff, but thats it for now.
  2. Oct 8, 2014
    Very good effects especially during the Los Angeles earthquake! The volcano eruption in Wyoming is amazing and very realistic. Roland Emmerich never let's me down!
  3. May 23, 2014
    This is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen, second only to Zoo. It really captures the bravery of the heroes that allowed humanity to survive to this day. Okay, now I gotta get back to work. There's a lot of things in the ark that need fixing!
  4. Sep 20, 2013
    2012 is a great disaster movie, and will keep you entertained the whole time. The CGI and effects in this movie are amazing, and everything that Emmerich shows you on the silver screen is gold.
  5. Jan 7, 2013
    2012 is a great disaster movie showing all the possible endings of the world. Unlike the other crap disaster movies like Apocalypse now or something this delivers great graphics, top quality voicing and even a lot of real life aspects ( Ferrari and Bentley in the plane) and lots of famous brands ( Coco-Pop can be seen when the supermarket grows a sinkhole). This also introduces new technology to us and has been great at showing that not all the end of the world movies are set in USA ( The ending takes place in China) and lots of emotional moments. If you are a fan of disaster flicks this should be watched. Expand
  6. Sep 8, 2012
    I definitely can't say that it was the best movie I had ever seen, but it was still a great watch! I don't know what's up with the other reviewers saying that it is "total crap," but, everyone's got their opinions. Great special effects, and a good story. All the humor put into the movie made it better. Although, the acting was ok. Not terrible, but it was good. And, of course, the movie is totally unrealistic. Just like any other Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie. Unless you believe in 2012... But, I don't so... Again, pretty good movie. 9/10 from me. Expand
  7. Oct 19, 2011
    This movie was a joy to watch. However it didn't have the best plot/story. It didn't have a proper story to it really, apart from the world ending. You get to meet some interesting characters along the way, but there's no real emotional connection with them like you do with characters in other movies. The CGI and visual effects are stunning, unlike anything I've seen before. Most of the movie was done digitally and most of the landscapes they were on were computer generated. The ending was okay, and the action scenes were stunning. It shows the true force of mother nature at her worst and just how easy it can tear apart a single planet. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2011
    Actually I'll just wait for the day that supposedly the world will end, to make my criticism, then I'll have more critics where to get the facts. For now leave this brief message to remember.
  9. May 1, 2011
    2012 is possibly the single most impressive CGI epic ever released in recent years. As the title obviously states, the movie is about the end of the world and it does a damn good job of portraying it. Sure, the acting and all that other stuff is bad but even if you hated Independence Day you have at least got to appreciate the CGI in this one. Its so good that I have given this movie a perfect 10 simply based on the effects. Expand
  10. Nov 7, 2010
    Roland Emmerich is very good at making a movie that has something to do with the end of the world in 2012 according to the mayan calendar, but its not going to happen.

i'm getting ahead of myself. the visuals were great, and the acting was excellent.

Rating: 9/10

1. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    Eye-popping special effects ensure that this movie will be a smash hit, and while it's entertaining for most of its excessive running time, the cheesy script fails to live up to the grandeur of the physical production.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    The visual effects are pretty sensational, delivering the cutting-edge CGI goods auds want and expect. It will be hard to watch "Earthquake'' ever again after this one.
  3. Reviewed by: Chuck Wilson
    The two-hour-and-40-minute 2012 is overstuffed with special-effects, but the Curtis clan's mad dash out of town is the closest the movie gets to actually being fun.