8.5

1. JustinH.
    Jul 19, 2005
    I saw this piece in the theater and fell asleep. Not only was this movie boring and unfunny to the extreme (what parts I actually heard), I could barely hear or understand the characters' mumbling dialog. Perhaps there were some funny bits to this film, but they were either mumbled or in the film's second half, during which I was sleeping. Also, the film was dingy. I was I saw this piece in the theater and fell asleep. Not only was this movie boring and unfunny to the extreme (what parts I actually heard), I could barely hear or understand the characters' mumbling dialog. Perhaps there were some funny bits to this film, but they were either mumbled or in the film's second half, during which I was sleeping. Also, the film was dingy. I was straining to see what was going on. I thought maybe the film and sound quality was due to the theater's reel, but a friend who saw it in another theater had the same gripes. But even with all the sound and lighting aggravations aside, the plot was largely uninteresting and boring. The cast of characters was virtually undistinguishable from one another and seemed to have no purpose. Unless you have a real interest in music scenes, don't bother seeing this. The critic and user score is pretty misleading, as well as the title. Expand
  2. PeterB.
    Mar 14, 2003
    This was supposed to funny? I never comment on movies but this one deserves something and it is not the accolades heaped upon by critics. I watched it for an hour, went to the bathroom and decided surfing 57 channels with nothing on was more entertaining than this dog. My dog is more entertaining. A total waste of money.

1. Extravagant and funny it is, and also quite dark at times.
  2. An insider nostalgia trip for graying art punks. It could have been called ''When We Were Cool,'' and it's finally so cool that it freezes you out.
    Loud, hilarious, and enormously entertaining, 24 Hour Party People makes you want to toss current FM radio out on its pre-fab, corporate-sponsored backside. And not a moment too soon.